- Motivated professional with excellent technical communication skills, collaborative teamwork abilities, specializing in Systems and Integration testing.
- Demonstrated QA Expertise via Full Lifecycle Testing Methodology and Best Practices, testing across various platforms and distributed applications.
- Experienced in System Testing and Engineering, with emphasis in Software / Hardware Testing and Requirements Verification on multiple projects in various industries.
- Execute test scripts for complex and broadly used products and components.
- Proven drive process accuracy and data integrity, leading teams in risk assessment and execution of corrective action plans.
Platforms: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, LINUX, Android, Mobile Devices
Database: SQL, MySQL, UNIX, LINUX, Oracle 8i, 9i Enterprise, Red Hat, Aqua Data Studio
Server Apps: IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, UNIX, LDAP, MS VC++, MS VB, Win NT Workstation, Server, Enterprise Certification
Tools: Pearl, JIRA, Silk Test, Rational Robot, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, VSS, Perforce, Test Director, QTP, Tech Excel, Dev Track, Web QA, XENU, Symantec Ghost, Citrix, Stellent CMS, uPortal, MQ Series, WHQL
Other: MS Office Suite, Communicator, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Lean Six Sigma (In - House) Training White and Green Belt Certified
Test Approach: Black Box / Grey Box / White Box, Automated, Static, Dynamic, Iterative, Integration, Automation, Media, Video Streaming, SDLC, Software Test Best Practices
Test Planning: Risk Assessment, Test Objectives, Test Schedule, MTP (Master Test Plan), DTP (Detailed Test Plan), Test Strategy, Build Strategy, Problem Management, Change Control
Test Levels: Unit, Integration, Functional, System, End-to-End, Performance, Scalability, User Acceptance Test (UAT)
Test Types: Ad-hoc, Functional / Requirements, Backwards Compatibility, End-to-End, Navigational, Documentation & Procedures, Error, Boundary, Installation, Parallel, Regression, Path, Usability, Performance / Stress, Recovery, Operations, Compliance, Security
Other: Test Environment, Test Case (TC) Design, (TC) Execution, Test / Defect Reporting, various Test case tools and techniques
Confidential, Anaheim, CA
Senior Software / Hardware Test Engineer
- Senior Member of Certification and Edge Case Device Team within Support and Test Business Unit (STBU). Lead in planning, coordinated and testing of various in-house, 2nd and 3rd party software and hardware products, including Manual, Automation, Regression, End-to-End, Unit, Compatibility, Performance test practices within an Agile (Scrum) environment. Created Strategy Test Plan (STP), User Acceptance Test (UAT) procedures for customer and product applications for best practices based on SDLC principles
- Attended Detailed Design Reviews, Specification, Hardware, Software Requirement Reviews.
- Wrote Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)/Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Test Procedures on the MorphoBis, Morpho ILSS, MorphoMobile, Morpho Detection, MorphoWave, MorphoIdent, Printrak BIS, Media, Video Streaming, Print LSS products lines based on various customer contracts. Which included UI, Workstation, Web base and Server Applications. Documentation was based on In-house, Client, ISO and FDA standards.
- Setup and configure various Workstation, Servers, Mobile Devices, Networks and VM environments - Win32, Win64, Android, iOS, various workstations. Backend database searches Oracle, SQL, and Web Servers. Very good experience with UNIX / Red Hat Linux commands. Working with JAVA, JS2, Python, XML, and .Net, HTML, C/C++, C#, Mail Servers, SOAPUI, WebSphere, VMware, SharePoint, JIRA and various Microsoft Office products.
- Able to be given a task by management and complete it successfully without much direction or oversight.
- Test lead on several different product lines. Responsible for training new employees or new persons assigned to the customer contract. This also requires me to travel to various customer sites.
- Valued as a vital asset to major projects. Also, assisted on several Lean Sigma Green Belt projects within company, allowing company to stream line cost and time in Engineering Developing Cycle, eliminating redundant processes, and reducing expenses.
- Led Green Belt Project, for MorphoBis Internal Acceptance Test Improvement, analyzing and developing environment, systems, documents, people, policies, procedures, and escaped defects, generating 15% reduction from previous year cost.
- Attended Safran / MorphoTrak 2014 and 2015 Users Conference, demonstrating “Morpho Face Investigate” and “Morpho Lite Face Examiner” products, providing opportunity to sign-up 5 additional contracts, receiving excellent shareholder product reviews.
SQA Engineer II
- Created software test plans, and procedures for customer and product applications.
- Managed projects, Report Project Status, Daily Bug Report and findings, Test Team of 4 to 6 people. Set priorities for daily tasks, coordinated daily and weekly status meetings.
- Supported QA department as backup support when needed, training new employees, completing and detailing inspection on finished customer systems, leading turnover meetings, providing status and reports, Equipment Change Request (ECR) tickets for various Bill of Materials (BOM) needed for projects.
- Provided end-to-end testing of deliverables (SW/HW) systems, Mobile, SDK’s, Embedded, Web based, and Backend Servers, composing software problem reports, and translating into (Test link and Jira) repository system.
- Worked with groups and management, identifying and defining major testing issues, allowing on-time delivery of contract or products.
- Contributed to Detailed Design and Requirement Reviews, allowing QA Test Team up-front interaction and exposer to projects in early development stage, giving Edge Device Team opportunity to set reasonable time-lines and analyze products, creating detailed and complex test strategy and test plans.
- Certification Team (Brainstorming & Team Building) event, improving Certification Process and Procedures, creating and writing procedures for Certification Handbook, approved by MorphoTrak Board of Directors.
- Developed, maintained, and executed test cases and plans for various Norton Anti-Virus Security applications
- Insured requirements and specifications are fully met and updated in Toro (QTP).
- Analyzed and processed defects in Perforce.
- Demonstrated an understanding of all facets of software product testing, including awareness of general available and accepted solutions that apply to each facet.
- Troubleshot defects and tested functionality of Unit and Integrated Applications on various Web based, Mobile, SDK’s, Embedded, Frontend, Backend, Video and Media Streaming on various platforms.
- Performed black / grey box testing on various Symantec Norton products pertaining to Security Applications.
- Defined security guidelines, documented, verified, and executed test cases including functional, and regression testing, identifying gaps and deficiencies in existing test plans and scripts, areas needing more focus, extending test cases accordingly, and creating Build Acceptance (BA) Report, recording results and defects to Management, Engineers, Project Manager, and Developers.
- Suggested, implemented, and evaluated approaches, analyzing strategies in test environments, organizing, executing tasks, and workload based on team goals and priorities.
Marine Safety & Cargo Surveyor / US Customs QA Inspector
- Interacted with customers at all levels of management and liaison between company and KP Fitter & Associates.
- Captured detailed and clear photos of products being shipped, including product, accessories, nameplates, serial numbers, model, manufactures name, date manufactured, labels on product, packing, manuals, and other supporting documents required, ensuring accurate recorded data.
- Aided and assisted management, with training of new Inspectors, new employees, completing training of FDA inspection process, allowing company to cover more ground.
Lead Senior Software QA Engineer
- QA Lead / Managed Engineers and Analysts for implementation project of Major and Minor Release Projects Mainframe, Win32, and Web Based Applications Interface Releases.
- Interacted with all levels of management, marketing, development, project analyst, systems.
- Developed Test Plan, Cases, Scenarios, and Matrices for all requirements-based functionality, using Test Director (TD) for test repository, versioning, and reporting.
- Performed database queries using SQL to update / create test conditions, and verify data persistency.
- Defined Entrance / Exit Criteria, Acceptance, and Regression Level Testing for all cycles, create and edit defined test scope and process.
- Lead Scrum Requirement reviews, managing technical and architectural requirements, ensuring proper test coverage.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
- QA Lead/Managed up to 4 QA Engineers & QA Analysts for implementation of various Major and Minor Release Projects for XSL, Platform, and CMS (Content Management System) Releases.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Approach, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Matrices for all requirements-based functionality, using Perforce SCM for test repository, versioning and reporting. Defined Entrance/Exit Criteria, Acceptance and Regression Level Testing for all Test Cycles.
- Performed Integration Testing for all XSL Pages, configurable XML flows and struts framework for Content Admin via grey and black box testing methodologies, Music Media and Video Streaming in various Windows environments and Unix.
- Ghosted, configured Test Environment(s) and modified Win Registry settings for TC execution.
- Performed Black/Grey/White-box tests using SQL in Aqua Data Studio to update/create test conditions, verify data persistency.
- Created / Modified test data, metadata for Portlets within Admin UPortal Application to support Active Content.
- Logged / Reported all system anomalies via TechExcel DevTrack Defect Tracking and Valsun Systems.
- Developed Operation Support Requirements for backend Content Admin System.
- Tracked communicated project milestones and progress to senior management regularly via customized reports.
- Modified XML metadata to test music labels content ingestion into db.Built customer facing static pages.
- Promotions flow analyst for Marketing and Business Unit for various Win32 and Web based applications.
Software/Hardware QA Engineer
- Functional testing of software applications on various Toshiba laptops and accessories,
- Wireless Module IEEE 802.11 a/b/g testing. Used Rational Robot to test various Win32 and Web applications.
- Created test plans, test matrices, and test cases
- Performed functional, non-functional, usability, performance/stress, security, device and configuration and ad-hoc testing per business requirements; reported results in a Lotus Notes DB
- Assess third party devices for compatibility and embedded applications with notebooks
- Setup/Configured Windows based applications Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/MCE, Mac OS 8/9/10 and tested various commercial sample notebooks before market release.
Load Planner/Computer Support Analyst
- Tested and maintained in-office computer systems.
- Automated testing using MS HCT 11.2 to ensure WHQL Compliance, USB Compliance.
- Utilized knowledge of USB functionality and connectivity to ensure product compliance to various I/O standards.
- Reported, and documented test results for Removable Media and Printer tests based on WHQL Test Specs.
- Organized/Maintained test environment, installed/uninstalled and configured hardware, software, and related peripherals.
Software QA Engineer / Customer Support
- Lead daily meetings with QA Manager and other departments to ensure focus on current and future projects.
- Lead a team of quality assurance test engineers in testing various Avery Windows, Macintosh, Win32 and Web applications Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/MCE, Mac OS 8/9/10 for a worldwide audience
- Created project testing schedules / weekly status reports / Assign testing resource assignments for all projects.
- Created Test Plans, Test Matrices, and Readiness Assessment, Regression testing procedures & documents.
- Interface with development, marketing, and business groups during the software development cycle.
- Performed a variety of software testing, installation, functional, navigational, usability, and compatibility testing.
- Tested Web/Internet distributed products. Worldwide install base of American/Asian/Euro Avery markets.
- Helped to develop, establish, and maintain software testing lab and Managed Level 2 escalated help desk technical calls.