- 8 years of experience as a Network Test Engineer and Wireless test engineer.
- Experience in testing of Wired and Wireless products.
- Experience in Networking, Protocols, Routers, Access points, Controllers and Switches functionality testing.
- Worked with multiple DLINK products such as controllers (DWC - 1000, DSR-1000N, DSR-500N, DSR-250N, DSR-150N, DWL-6600AP and DIR) and tested various Cisco (RV220W, RV120W) and Net-Gear products.
- Involved in Standard Testing techniques like Functional Testing, Negative Testing, GUI Testing, Interoperability, cross browser, Stress and Scalability Testing.
- Familiar with Defect Tracking system like Bugzilla to report and tracking the bugs.
- Experience in writing test plans, detailed test cases, and other formal test documentation.
- Exposure to the development of manual test cases as per customer requirements.
- Experience in network Layer 3 routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP etc.)
- Expertise in testing and configuring of Layer 2 and Layer 3 features such as VLAN, ISL, STP, VTP, 802.1X, Port Security.
- Experience in testing and configuring DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, PPTP, L2TP,VLAN, VPN, L2VPN, L3VPN Firewall and Wireless components.
- Knowledge of Authentication protocols (CHAP, PAP).
- Experience in testing Ipv4 and Ipv6 protocols.
- Hands on experience in wireless features and able to work with different Access points.
- Hands on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, ARP and Ping concepts.
- Expertise with implementation of DNS and DHCP protocols, IGMP snooping, configuring firewall rules with Access Control List, IPS and IDS.
- Knowledge of network testing tools like IXIA.
- Performed Network analysis with packet capturing tools Wire-shark, Cisco packet tracer.
- A good analytical mind, willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Strong Experience in Design & develop test plans and test cases to ensure and gauge product quality, while effectively minimizing manual testing - manage creation of test plans, test scripts and test cases and lead in their execution.
- Knowledge on Various ETL, Reporting, and Database development tools like SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Drives the effort with the Automation QA team in defining the development of automated scripts and has the ability to execute and edit these scripts independently.
- On-site coordination experience and worked with offshore team during knowledge transfer and support
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000Pro/XP/vista/7, Linux, Mac
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Programming Languages: C, HTML, XML, UNIX
Testing tools: IPERF, NETPERF, WIRESHARK, HPING, SELENIUM
WAN Technologies: FRAME RELAY, ISDN, PPP, leased lines, DSL modems
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, NAT/PAT
Wireless Technologies : LTE, LTE-A, Wi-Fi, CDMA, CDMA2000, OFDM, GPS, 3GPP
WLAN Standards: IEEE 802.11 b/a/g/n/ac, WiMAX
Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP V1/V2, Route summarization
Protocols: ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, DHCP, IPSEC, SSL, HTTP, SSH, DNS, DDNS, PPTP, L2TP
Software Engineer QA
- Responsible for management of all Quality Assurance functions include planning, strategy, testing execution and tools.
- Worked with the Project Manager and other technical leaders to establish time tables and agree on a Quality Assurance plan for the implementation.
- Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the project Business Analyst to ensure all requirements are tested.
- Worked with technical analysts to identify unit testing coverage and ensure any gaps are documented and addressed.
- Worked with Testing Coordinator to ensure testing of functional areas is complete, tracked and on-schedule.
- Coordinated performance testing and ensures that performance standards are communicated and documented.
- Oversees determination of need, selection and implementation, and maintenance of QA tools.
- Oversees, point of escalation for the DTS (defect tracking system) database for all testing phases (update, follow-up and escalate overdue issues).
- QA issue prioritization and resolution facilitation.
- Provide project level testing metrics, statistics, root cause analysis, etc.
- Conducted Functionality testing, GUI testing, Integration testing and Regression testing during the various phases and releases of the application .
- Coordinate & communicate with Business Analyst, Tech Team and Business for review of test scenarios/test cases/test results.
- Provide application knowledge to onsite/offshore test team as needed.
- Tested web applications in AGILE and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Preparation and submission of Quality Assurance Daily and Monthly Reports.
- Complete a full Internal Audit cycle and Addressing daily quality related issues.
- Facilitates weekly Quality Assurance meetings and maintains agenda.
- Review the Test Scenarios and Test Cases document.
- Driving the testing process for complete product development life cycle.
- Worked for both Manual and Automation testing using Selenium.
- Gathered Performance requirements for the application and designed performance tests for the multiple clients within the organization
Environment: Manual and Automation Testing, Pytho/C# Selenium, VBscript, TestNG, Team Foundation Server TFS, HTML, PHP, XML, Eclipse, Bugzilla, SQL, QTP, JIRA, AGILE/SCRUM.
Wireless Test Engineer
- Responsibility of testing wireless network systems, Wireless Testing, Wi-Fi testing, Testing and configuring wireless products.
- Proficient in WLAN standards and communications standards
- Profound knowledge of black/white box testing and Interoperability testing
- Experience on wireless security protocols WEP, WPA
- Performed scale and performance testing by simulating max number of access points and clients in controllers and generating traffic using Spirent and IXIA modules
- As part of feature testing team, built test beds based on test requirements like building roaming setup for local mode access points
- Worked as Manual test engineer for controller models DWC-1000, DWC-2000
- Tested outdoor Access points for various features in Mesh(bridge) mode with 3 hop mesh setup
- Configured Routers and switches to interconnect Controllers and Access point
- Implemented DHCP, VLANS configuration on the switches to allocate, resolute the IP addresses from Subnet.
- Involved in testing the functionality of supporting access points such as DWL 8600AP, DWL-6600 AP, DWL-3600AP and DWL-2600 AP
- Fixed Layer2/Layer3 switching technology which involved creating and managing Vlan, Port security, STP, Inter Vlan routing.
- Good knowledge in Payment gateway and Captive portal features.
- Execution of various functional and system test cases for various features related to the product: AP Discovery, Security testing with all Radius Servers, firewall, RIP, Captive portal, session time out, VLAN, Ipv6, SNMP, Upgrade Tests and Web GUI Tests.
- Worked on Routing, Switching and network configuring, troubleshooting & designing.
- Good knowledge on testing of Captive portal and wireless features.
- Good knowledge on testing ipv6 and all VPN networks.
- Knowledge on testing of other protocols like LAN, WAN with DHCP.
- Designed test cases to cover all feasible scenarios.
- Involved in designing of test plans and writing test cases.
- Tested the behavior of protocol manually and updated the test cases.
- Performing Data Throughput test for Ping, UDP, FTP and HTTP for Upload and Download, capture logs for TP issues and perform primary analysis using Wireshark.
- Used Defect tracking system to report, track and review the software problem reports (SPRs).
- Involved in manual testing of other Confidential routers such as DSR-1000N/500N, DIR-868L/880L
Environment: Manual testing, Wi-Fi testing, 802.X, WPA2, WEP, 802.11/b/a/g/n/ac, Confidential routers, Switches, Access points, LTE, LTE-A, Wi-Fi, CDMA, Wireshark
Network Test Engineer
- Involved in manual testing of Net-gear and Cisco routers.
- Involved in System, Integration, and performance and Regression Testing activities.
- Tested security policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS
- Extensive knowledge of testing & troubleshooting TCP/IP, Implementing IPv6, translation from IPv4 to IPv6.
- Installed Cisco routers and switches, configured IP addresses, network printers and wireless connection.
- Have knowledge on testing of other protocols like LAN, WAN, VLAN, DMZ, Remote Management, Firewall, SNMP and content filtering Etc.,
- Testing knowledge about VPN site-site tunnels and VPN client tunnels and SSL VPN tunnels and Quick VPN
- Worked on Wireshark tool to capture the packets at the time of debugging.
- Testing knowledge on RIPv1, RIPv2 and OSPF protocols.
- Knowledge in GUI testing on various browsers.
- Worked with various Cisco routers like RV220W, RV120W.
- Attended the client call and discuss the daily status with the client.
- Knowledge on file system servers: SMB and NFS protocols.
- Testing knowledge about VPN site-site tunnels and VPN client tunnels and SSL VPN tunnels.
- Tested WAN Auto fail over and Load balancing scenarios
- Involved in testing of RIPv1 and RIPv2 with all directions i.e. in, out and both directions
- Tested the behavior manually and update the logs in the Test case
- Used Defect Tracking system to file and track the bugs.
Environment: Manual testing, VB script, HPING, IPERF, IXIA, Long run tests, Wireshark, Bugzilla, TCP, UDP, VPN, RIP, Net-gear routers, Cisco routers