- Around 8 years of professional IT work experience in Software Testing / Quality Assurance /Automation and Manual Testing in Web and Client - Server based applications.
- IT industry experience in Banking, Insurance, Finance, Health Care, E-Commerce and Retail domain with strong Business and Functional knowledge of these industries.
- Experienced in Software Quality Assurance (SQA), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in Test Management and Testing Life cycle Methodologies like Agile & Waterfall models.
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client requirements provided in BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Having good experience in undergoing various testing methodologies like Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Functional Testing, System testing (on IE, Chrome, FF, Mac), Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Backend Testing, 2 years of experience in e-Commerce application testing, API Testing and Web Services testing.
- Experience in working on various test strategies and preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test summaries and Analyzing Test Results.
- Expert in developing test automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver for Regression and Performance testing for various releases of the application.
- Performed SOA Web Services Validation using WSDL, Schema files which define Web Service request, response, methods/operations and Web Service end points.
- Hand on experience in programming skills like Java, Ruby, VB Script, PowerShell Script, Python, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Experience in web services testing using XML and WSDL to follow the SOAP standard.
- Experience in web services testing using the Soap UI tool.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac, Cloud
Languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, Java Script
Tools: Confidential l nium, HP ALM, TFS, Visual Studio 2013, Jira,Appium, Sauce LabsTechnologies: VB Script, Java Script, Web Services, XML, Linux Shell Scripting.
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11G, MS-Access
Domain: Insurance, Retail, HealthCare
Frameworks: Test NG, Junit, POM- Page FactoryConcepts: Waterfall, Agile
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Created test scripts based on the User stories as specified by the Business side and Requirement document.
- Performed analysis and created test plan, test cases, test scenarios and test environment.
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) environment and involved in review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meetings.
- Conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing through automated testing tools like Selenium web driver using Java and with cucumber using ruby along with manual testing.
- Performed Functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated them by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Developed Data driven, Keyword driven, Hybrid driven frameworks using Selenium Web Driver API for Regression Test cases.
- Extensively used different types of element locating techniques to optimize the code.
- Created connections to databases using JDBC.
- Using TestNG framework created test scripts and configured XML to custom run the test scripts.
- Created XSLT reports and emailed them using Java Mailing services.
- Created Page Object Model (POM) and Page Factory Model frameworks to avoid duplicate code.
- Extensively used Firebug to spy the elements and to get locations.
- Worked on both static and dynamic pages.
- Using Sauce Labs performed cloud based testing and by using selenium Grid performed parallel execution on different node machines.
Sr. Software QA Engineer/SDETResponsibilities:
- Actively involved in all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC), which includes requirement, analysis, design, development, testing and documentation, Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Designed and developed test plan, test cases and automated test scripts.
- Performed Cross browser testing using IE, Firefox, Google Chrome.
- Tracked the defects and reported them in the Excel sheet.
- Responsible for maintaining spread Sheets for Test Cases, Test Case versions and its execution and results.
- Prepared test data by executing SQL queries.
- Involve in analyzing Business Level Requirements, and Manual testing methods.
- Involve in Validation of the modules of online banking which includes add external account, Balance transfer, Online Payment Management, Mortgage, etc.
- Performed smoke, functional, integration, system, User Acceptance Testing, regression and GUI testing.
- Developed test cases and performed integration testing of the combined software modules and tested as a group.
Environment: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid, QTP, Java, Maven, JUnit, Eclipse, HTML, XPath, CSS Selectors.
Automation Engineer/Software Development EngineerResponsibilities:
- Successfully implemented Automation framework for an academic project using Selenium WebDriver as part of Software Engineering 500 level class project.
- Developed detailed Manual Test cases and Scenarios. Studied Requirements and designed manual test cases accordingly.
- Performed manual/web testing using selenium IDE.
- Utilized Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Maven tools to build Automation framework.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Derived test cases from specifications, created.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java
- Logged detailed bug reports and tracked the issues through Jira.
- Organized and published detailed daily test results for Regression Tests.
- Run tests by using Selenium Web driver on different web browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari).
- Participate daily scrum meetings and bi-weekly sprint planning meetings for agile projects.
- Involved in the preparation of Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on the requirements.
- Used Selenium IDE for recording and involved in developing new Selenium Scripts using Java API to automate Web Application Testing.
- Involved in Regression Testing using Selenium Webdriver by writing scripts in java to Automate and used TestNG Framework
- Interacting with Business Analyst for requirements as and when need. Responsible for analyzing the logs and logging defects for test failures.
- Interacting with Developers when issues related to defects.
- Used GIT version control system to manage code repositories.
Environment: Selenium IDE/WebDriver/Grid, Java, Maven, JUnit, Eclipse, HTML, XPath, CSS Selectors.
Confidential,Spring Valley, NY
- Worked on build scripts using ANT
- Created JSPs and Tag Libraries were to generate the information about the client dynamically.
- Used Test Driven Methodology.
- Created XML, XSD and XSLT for reports.
- Created Action classes for different modules
- Written UNIX scripts to create the packages to deploy into QA, UAT and Production environments.
- Used Web Logic Application Server for deploying various components of application.
- Created Form Bean, Action Classes and Configuration files using Struts framework.
- Implemented Struts Validation framework for field validation.
- Involved in writing Queries and stored procedures using Oracle 9i
- Involved in Code Reviews.
- Create and use Oracle stored procedures extensively to pack complex business rules.
- Created Action classes that call the appropriate module using Struts Frame work. Followed the MVC Architecture.
- Used JSP, XSL CSS were to generate the information about the client dynamically.
- Worked on Wire orders and Redemptions, dividends, transfers modules.
- Written server codes using JSP, JDBC to facilitate connect, retrieve and display information from the database server.
- CVS version control tool.
- Used Java/J2EE Design Patterns like Data Access Object (DAO) in the project extensively in order to access the database.
- Involved in developing Reports using JQuery.