- Over 8 years of IT experience in Quality Assurance and testing, worked as ETL Tester, BI Tester and QA Analyst.
- Extensive experience in Analyzing Functional Specifications and developing Test plans, Test cases, Test estimation, execution of Test scenarios, analyzing the Test results and Defect Management.
- Involved in all phases of the QA Life Cycle, with timely Delivery against aggressive deadlines, with QA methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Etc.
- Experience in System, Functional, Integration, Regression and Performance testing.
- Good understanding in the concepts of Data modeling, slowly changing dimensions, Star schema & snow flake schema and Business process testing, Data analysis and experience in testing the reports.
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL to create complex queries, SQL override, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Appworx and Autosys.QA/ETL Back End Tester Expertise in gap analysis of all transactions such as 837, 835, and 834.
- Experience as an EDI analyst performing verification and validation of the EDI transactions.
- Executed stored procedures by passing parameters.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA.
- Expertise in exporting JUNIT scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse JUNIT test suites, Creating new JUNIT test cases, modifying the Selenium scripts and writing test suites using JUNIT.
- Possess strong knowledge of healthcare terminology and extensive experience working on healthcare projects. Specialized experience in healthcare insurance domain.
- Profound understanding of insurance policies like HMO and PPO and proven experience with HIPPA EDI transaction codes such as health care benefits, status, 999 (Functional Acknowledgment)
- Thorough understanding on ICD9/10 codes
- Attended meetings on cross walking between ICD9 and ICD10.Gathered, analyzed and documented business requirements for ICD10.
- Developed/maintained Test Plans, Test Cases, Black Box Testing, Defect Tracking and reporting for both Manual and Automated Test environments.
- Excellent in creating / executing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Documentation for various types of testing like: Black Box testing, Automation, System testing, Integration testing, Backend testing, Regression testing, and End to End Testing, Cross Browser Testing, and User/business acceptance testing.
- Experienced in Defect Management, Establishing Test Standards, Guidelines, and Procedures, Test Execution, Documenting and analyzing Test results.
- Excellent Knowledge of Quality Center to maintain Requirements, developed test script, test execution and defect tracking.
- Expertise in Installing, Configuring, Maintaining Test in Quality Center.
- Extensive use of SQL queries (Oracle, SQL Server) to perform Backend Testing of the reports.
- Developed and Maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Database servers such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Attend weekly Status meetings with QA team to evaluate the testing process.
- Excellent communication skills, team player with excellent analytical skills &problem solving aptitude.
Confidential,Winston Salem, NC
Sr. Backend Tester/ETL Tester/QA Tester
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements and clarified with Business Analyst. Written several UNIX scripts for invoking data reconciliation.
- Reviewed High Level and Low level Design docs and clarified design solutions with Developers.
- Testing of complicated graphs with various Ab Initio components such as Join, Rollup, Filter by Expression, Round Robin, Merge, Dedup sorted, Scan and Validate Business requirements.
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing. Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos.
- Tested a number of complex ETL Ab Initio graphs, for initial and daily data loads. Extensively executed SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data.
- TOAD is used to perform manual test in regular basis.
- Worked on EDI (Electronic data interchange) transactions: 270, 271, 834, 820, 835, and 837 to identify key data set elements for designated record set.
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end to end testing of FACETS Billing, Enrollment Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Tested the claims processing with EDI transactions (270, 271, 835, 837) in HIPPA and HL7 Environment.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the SSIS Packages and business Rules.
- Expert in writing Complex SQL/PLSQL Scripts in querying SQL Server, Teradata and Oracle. Experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Tested a number of complex ETL Ab Initio graphs, for initial and daily data loads. Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata.
- Involved in all walk throws for test designs, data designs and code reviews. Developed Test Plan, Test cases & Test Scenarios for new features.
- Extensively used Teradata load utilities Fast load, Multiload and Fast Export to extract, transform and load the Teradata data warehouse.
- Written several complex SQL queries & PL/SQL stored procedures for validating Cognos Reports. Updated existing Regression Test cases for impacted features due to new features.
- Tested the Application in UNIX Environment and collecting the Test data from the Business Team. Identified the Test Environment for Database Testing.
- Prepared Test status reports for each stage and logged any unresolved issues into Issues log. Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using SQL Assistant.
- Used T - SQL for Querying the SQL Server database for data validation. Writing the test scripts for manual testing.
- Preparation of various test documents for ETL process in Quality Center. Understand the database development for this project.
- Reviewing the database Test cases and performs the Database Testing when writing the SQL queries. Executed the Stored procedure when passing the valid/Invalid Parameters.
- Involved in Data migration and Data distribution testing. Tested the Dashboard reports using Cognos Report Studio and Metric Studio. Execute the database Test cases according to release.
Environment: HIPAA, FACETS, ALM/HP Quality Center 11, Teradata 13.0, PVCS, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, TOAD, XML, XSD, PERL 5.12.1, XML Spy, Ab Initio (GDE 1.14.38 & GDE 1.16.1), Cognos, Flat Files, Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Autosys, UNIX, IBM AIX 6.1.
Sr. QA Tester/SQL Tester/EDI TesterResponsibilities:
- Participated in writing Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test cases, software documentation from business, technical and functional requirement.
- Created and documented the Test Scenarios for each functional area mentioned in Test Plans to develop the test scripts (automated Scripts).
- Used HP Application Lifecycle Management to plan tests, manage test assets, create and run manual test.
- Verifying Production bugs and monitoring the logs.
- Tested MDM platform roadmaps for current vs. future state. Tested MDM platform growth towards maturity models
- Worked with DataStage Director to do job inventory and view job status. Developed test data depends on the Test Scenarios as per the functionality of the application.
- Performed Sanity testing, GUI and Functional testing, Post Production validation as per task packets.
- Back end testing of the application using SQL queries for the Content Testing.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation, and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL Queries to check the data table on the Server.
- Manually performed User Acceptance Testing of FACETS implementation.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module
- Monitored EDI Eligibility/Inquiry/Response (270/271) transactions via reports generated by the developers.
- Hands-on exp with EDI transaction code and conversion of ICD code transaction from ICD 9 to ICD 10
- Involved in testing MicroStrategy reports including conditional formatting testing and threshold testing.
- Utilized process-based test management system Quality Center for organizing test requirement's documents, test plans and test lab.
- Did end to end testing for SOA but delayed for system unavailability. Tested both multi-protocol and multi-party processes
- Updated the test cases using TFS which acted as repository. Reported the bugs through email notifications to developers using TFS
- Used DataStage Director to verify jobs are running in GRID environment. Figuring out various error handling strategies to be adopted during cross system data migration
- Used Control-M for job scheduling.
- Experience with DataStage Designer to view jobs sources, transformations and target database and the scripts.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Data and Test Summary Reports and followed Agile/Scrum process.
- Did end to end testing for SOA but delayed for system unavailability.
- Wrote and ran UNIX Scripts for batch jobs. Involved in Unit, System, Integration, Regression, Load and UAT Test phases.
- Extensively used Control - M to schedule the jobs and run the scheduled jobs at specific time. Worked with Aginity Netezza Workbench tool to test and debug SQL queries.
- Executed test cases for web-based MicroStrategy reporting application.
- Validated the ETL Scripts in the Target Database (Oracle) for creating the cube before migrating it to SQL Server.
- Developed the scripts using Descriptive programming for critical functionality by using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Coordinating with offshore team and tracking and assigning the bug.
- Bugs reporting, reviewing and Defect Tracking using Quality Center and Jira.
- Tested SOA application interface and communication paths.
- Conducted Cross Browser Testing to check the compatibility of the Application with different Browsers (IE, Netscape, Firefox) using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
Environment: DataStage, HP Quality Center/ ALM, Application Lifecycle Management, Jira, Aginity Netezza Workbench, SQL, Quick Test Pro (QTP), SOAP, SOAP UI, SOA, IBM Rational Clear Case, MicroStrategy Rational Clear Quest, Axe, Agile, Teradata, XML, UNIX, MS-EXCEL, MS Visio, MDM, MTM, TFS, Facets, EDI, HIPPA
QA Tester/EDI TesterResponsibilities:
- Interacting with Business Analysts and Development teams to understand the business requirements and giving the estimates from testing prospectus.
- Test plan preparation, preparing daily status reports and defect reports. Involved in prioritizing the requirements according to business needs and putting all the requirements in QC.
- Prepared Test Cases based on business requirements and business rules for HIPPA EDI Transaction
- Extensively used Ab Initio GDE for mocking data using continuous flow graphs. Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries.
- Used Tivoli to schedule and run Ab Initio Jobs and Unix to monitor ETL execution and logs. Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos.
- Experiences working in ANSI x12 837-835 EDI Transaction. Involved in writing and executing the test cases and involved in Defect reporting and verification.
- Involved in identifying the cause of Defect and reporting the same to developers. Validating the data between Oracle Tables and SQL Server Tables by using SQL Statements. Testing the data present in fact tables and dimensions tables.
- Tested different master detail, summary reports, ad-hoc reports and on demand reports using Cognos Report Studio.
- Involved in Data Validation, Data Conversion and Data Reconciliation Testing.
- Involved in HUT (Hard unit testing), SIT (System Integration Testing) and WIL (Week in Live Testing) Testing.
- Testing of Ab Initio graphs and Autosys scripts for job scheduling, executing the test cases, raising the bugs in QC and closing them for all the modules
- Performed Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables, and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Wrote PL/SQL /Complex SQL queries for system testing.
- Performed data quality test to determine whether processed data is correctly extracted, transformed and loaded.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata. Tested data warehouse ETL process using SSIS (Integration Service)
- Extensively executed SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data and for validating data.
- Observed the Extract, Transform, Load process with Ab Initio and tested the data load process using the Ab Initio ETL tool.
- Responsible for reporting and escalating data issues arising from project or daily support. Involved in Defect prevention, productivity improvement and knowledge management activities
Environment: Ab initio 2.14 GDE, Cognos, HIPAA, EDI, HP ALM/ Quality Center 9.0, Teradata V2R6, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2008/2005, SQL Navigator 5.0, DB2 8.x, IBM AIX 5.5, MVS, ISPF, VSAM Files, Flat Files, XML Files, Shell Scripting, PERL, XML, XSD, TOAD, WinSQL
QA Tester/Manual TesterResponsibilities:
- Reviewed Client Requirements, Use Cases, and High Level and Low level Design documents for the changes in each release.
- Reviewed Mock Ups, Technical specifications, and Data design documents for data changes.
- Developed Test Plans, and Test cases based on requirements, and technical and design specifications
- Wrote and ran UNIX Scripts for batch jobs.
- Ran UNIX shell scripts to count the records for EDW source to staging tables. Ran SQL queries to verify the number of records and validated the referential integrity rules as per the design specifications.
- Developed Test data requirements and data dependencies, and conditions for all test cases. Performed Functional, Integration, and Regression testing
- Testing ETL sessions and PL/SQL scripts for multiple feeds and multiple LOBS'. Identified Test scenarios for Automation for critical functionality.
- Developed Automation test scripts, and run the scripts as part of regression testing.
- Quality Center used for Test Cases development and test execution status tracking. Testing the data present in fact tables and dimensions tables.
- Performed Data Validation, Data Conversion and Data Reconciliation Testing. Performed HUT (Hard unit testing), SIT (System Integration Testing) and WIL (Week in Live Testing) Testing.
- Defects found tracked and managed in Quality Center and disposition in defect scrub meetings.
- Represented in Project and Defects scrub meetings, and provide status on assigned tasks. Testing status reported to QA Manager and project manager. Involved in production data validations for each change in all releases
Environment: Quality Center, UNIX SQL Navigator, Oracle Web Cache server, Oracle Application Server, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports Generator, PL/SQL, XML, Teradata V2R5, Quality Center, Windows XP