To obtain a lead software testing, or related position, in a highly challenging environment where I can utilize my skills, knowledge and experience to improve the quality of software and help meet the business objectives of the organization and its stakeholders. Build upon current competencies by learning different testing methodologies while working with emerging technologies, environments and products.
- Results Driven, Quality - minded Senior Software Quality Assurance professional with 20 years of experience and knowledge of every phase of SDLC and STLC. Strong technical and analytical background and expertise in Financial, Billing, Management and Tactical Applications for the Department of Defense, Healthcare Organizations and Municipal Government.
- Instrumental in performing Business Analysis and creating Business Process Mapping in order to quantify resource requirements, identify deficiencies and recommended cost effective solutions for the Director of Finance, Baltimore City (Personal Property Collections/Lawsuit Process).
- Singlehandedly developed and implemented testing protocols and created testing artifacts where none were present during the testing of the Integrated Property Tax System (IPTS) project.
- Evaluated several Test Planning and Management tools and determined that the Seapine TestTrack tool suite would be the best solution for our team.
- Implemented and customized the TestTrack testing tool which improved the testing process by efficiently creating, organizing, managing and executing test cases, test scripts, test results and defects tracking.
- Performed Validation and Verification processes to evaluate the Integrated Property Tax System (IPTS) which concluded in the identification of major deficiencies and ultimately led the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore to seek legal damages from the third party software vendor.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC and STLC for the successful in-house development, testing and implementation of the City's Recordation Tax System, saving the City 2.5 % of total amount collected ($48,669.50 in the first month in production).
- Created complete, accurate, clear and testable Business and Functional Requirements documents to assist the team in meeting deadlines (Business License modules).
- Produced analytical reports that conveyed critical information for decision making by the City of Baltimore's Department of Finance executive leadership (e.g., Personal Property Delinquent Analysis Report identified $24 million of uncollected revenue).
- Developed training materials and conducted user training of newly implemented applications (City of Baltimore Recordation Tax System).
- Adaptable, flexible and innovative
- Commitment to learning, open-minded
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Good communicator - written and spoken, technical, non-technical
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Understand the financial cost of Quality
- Professional pessimism
- Domain knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Active listener
- Motivated, self-starter
- Multi-tasking in a highly dynamic environment
- Team player
- HP ALM Quality Center (QC)
- Seapine Test Track Issue and Defect Management Tool (ALM)
- Software Test Automation Concepts and Challenges
- Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Microsoft SharePoint, TFS, Visual Studio, Jira, Test Manager
- MS Office Suite (Visio, Excel, Word, Project, Powerpoint)
- Client-Server, Cloud-Based SaaS, Windows, ERP, Mainframe, Web applications
- Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, XML, Microsoft Active Directory, Java, Java Script, CSS, SQL queries, BIRT reports
- Object-oriented languages - COBOL
- DBMS concepts (Oracle, SQL, Linux)
- Test Engineer for the Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade and Below (FBCB2)/Joint Capability Release (JCR) Software Sustainment program supporting Post Production Software Support (PPSS) efforts, including resolution of Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), operation/maintenance of the Development Software Support Environment (DSSE), Certification and Accreditation efforts, Radiant Mercury integration and test, Blue Force Tracking integration and test, software integration and test facilities operations, and technical support and integration of the FBCB2 software capabilities and interfaces with current and future weapons platforms.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating testing events for development and sustainment efforts.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and executing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Reports for each software sprint or test event.
- Responsible for documenting and tracking issues identified during test events.
- Collaborate with Configuration Management to ensure proper QA standards and processes are being followed.
- Ensure that QA and Testing CDRLS and deliverables are being provided to Management and the Government.
- Assist the Integration and Test team with hardware and software setup of the test lab and systems under test.
- Assist the Software Development Team with informal, high level verification of software fixes.
- Responsible for understanding existing high level requirements in order to create a Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Responsible for managing all Test Cases using HP ALM Quality Center.
- Involved in discussions with the Services organization in order to assist with the development of the Team Foundation System (TFS) framework, which eventually will be the repository for all SDLC artifacts and source code.
- Coordinating the migration of Test Cases and Requirements from HP Quality Center to TFS.
- Served as the sole Test Engineer and as a key member of the software development team for the Global Support Center (GSC), a secure web-based portal for Warfighters and customers which provides field support through the use of the Field Support Management Tools suite of applications.
- Successfully initiated best practices to effectively improve the quality of functionality across GSC.
- Designed, created, executed and maintained Test Plans and Test Cases in accordance with Software Requirements Documents and project objectives.
- Prepared test environments and manually created test data to ensure complete test coverage.
- Participated in requirements meetings and provided critical input to improve the design and quality of the software.
- Mentored a Junior Business Analyst.
- Collaborated with the developers to achieve a positive working relationship and improve productivity and product quality.
- Coordinated Software Configuration Management tasks.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure bi-directional traceability between the requirements and test cases.
- Coordinated all User Acceptance Testing tasks and assisted users when necessary.
- Worked closely with the Technical Writer to ensure correct updates were incorporated in the application’s Users Guide as new functionality was being delivered.
- Documented, managed, evaluated and prioritized defects.
- Created Test Summary Reports.
- Quickly became an SME for the GSC and assisted with the resolution of issues reported by the users.
- Served as a Test Engineer for the Tactical Ground Reporting System (TIGR), a map-based reporting system which enables soldiers at the patrol level to collect and share information to improve situational awareness and facilitate collaboration and information analysis prior to a mission.
- Recognized by management and AASKI for outstanding contributions as Test Engineer for the GSC for the SEC Directorate.
Software Testing Manager
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Subject matter expert of the Billing, Collections and Accounting functions for the Real Property Tax and Personal Property Tax (IPTS) processes and applications for the City of Baltimore and its interface with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation and other City agencies.
- Developed, executed and produced a plethora of testing artifacts (test plans, test cases, test matrices, defect reports, test data).
- Instrumental in analyzing, evaluating, testing and implementing Financial ERP systems (Tyler Munis).
- Coordinated testing tasks with team member and users.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, IT, users and stakeholders to conduct inspection and peer reviews of business and functional requirement documents.
- Worked in a team consisting of a Project Manager, Business Analysts, Testers, Developers, Stakeholders and Users.
- Took the initiative to develop and implement guidelines for the PMO team (FCS Employee Policies).
- Assisted users in solving critical application issues and established workarounds until the issues are resolved.
- Worked with a diverse user group to elicit, analyze and document requirements and processes.
- Singlehandedly planned, coordinated and conducted different levels of testing such as integration, functional, regression, system and user acceptance using various testing methodologies and black-box techniques to verify and validate that the System Under Test (SUT) met the requirements.
User Acceptance Testing Lead
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Managed, coordinated and performed the UAT tasks for the IPTS project.
- Took the initiative to implement testing protocols for the IPTS project.
- Assisted the third party vendor with writing test script and conducting integration, regression and system testing.
- Analyzed, troubleshot and documented defects and assisted developers with root-cause analysis.
- Produced weekly test reports to be incorporated in the project's overall status reports and project plan.
- Worked closely with the outside development team to explain observed faults and to clearly articulate the requirements.
- Elevated to SME of the Integrated Tax Project.
- Applied informal risk analysis techniques to prioritize defects and testing.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, requirement reviews and defect prioritization meetings.
- Performed other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager outside of the IPTS project, such as testing the Lawsuits System implemented for the Collections Department.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Worked in the development department responsible for designing, analyzing, testing and implementing Financial Applications for our Healthcare clients.
- Worked in various capacities, such as Project Leader, Senior Analyst, Advanced Programmer Analyst.
- Acted as Project Leader for several departmental and cross-departmental projects, which were completed on time and with minimal defects.
- Worked closely with the Project Management department to define customer requirements.
- Analyzed existing applications and made recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzed requirements, prepared specifications, estimated timeframes and defined system impacts.
- Worked closely with the technical customer service department to resolve customer issues and answer application and technical questions.
- Performed software installation in-house and at client's site.
- Conducted extensive system, parallel and Beta testing.
- Customized screens, tables and reports to enhance application functionality.
- Trained company employees and customers on new software.
- Participated in JAD sessions to develop financial applications using PeopleSoft software.