- Good Experience in testing applications across Banking, Finance, E - Commerce and Healthcare domains.
- Hands on experience in testing Web-server and Client-Server based applications across different OS.
- Proficient in QA Testing and Functional Automation Tools like Selenium, Cucumber, win runner, QTP Web services testing using Rest API, SOAP UI, SOA, Performance Tools like Load Runner, Stress Tester, Tsung, Defect tracking tools like Rational clear quest, Jira, Rally, Firebug debugging tool and the test management tools like Mercury Quality center, VSTS, TFS.
- Performed Manual Testing using Test Strategy Development, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect reporting, Test Status Reporting, Test Closure Activities.
- Strong exposure and Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) and extensive experience with QA testing procedures, processes and standards.
- Professional expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Grey Box, Black-Box Testing, White box testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing, UI Validation, Web Services, Boundary Value Testing, Performance Testing.
- Expertise in Documentation of Use cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Metrics.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Strong familiarity with IPhone and android application systems and applications.
- Extensively involved in UI Automation by using Selenium Web driver, Java, SOAP UI testing, Database SQL Testing, Web application testing, and designing Unit Testing framework.
- Experience testing with RESTful/SOAP Web Services.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Strong experience in Load Runner Scripts for performance testing Using C for Web based and Java for Middleware applications. Experience in other Performance test tools like WAPT, Stress Tester
- Expertise in testing CDMA & GSM Devices.
- Expertise in Appium to automate Mobile test cases.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
- Experience in Bug triaging, Analysis of Bug Severity, Bug Tracking system and Bug Reporting.
- Responsible for writing test cases and maintaining test scripts as per the business specifications and functional requirements.
- Proficiency in testing complex software applications including manual testing.
- Experience in using HP Quality Center to document the test plan/test cases and keep track of the defects.
- Good Exposure on various software agile methodologies like Scrum, Agile.
- Developed and executed test cases manually and generated automation scripts.
- Self-starter and a team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, positive thinking and mentoring skills and a good aptitude for learning.
- Effective Time Management Skills, Problem solving skills and consistent ability to meet client deadline.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Operating System: Win7, XP, Vista, Mac OS X, iOS, Android OS.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE,QTP, Cucumber, REST and SOAP UI, Test Director,GitHub, JMeter, Git, Appium.
Database: MSSQL, MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Netezza.
Adobe Tools: Acrobat, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash
IDEs/ Utilities: IDE Eclipse Java EE, NetBeans, Eclipse, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path.
Web Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera
Other: HP Quality Center, Load-Runner, JIRA, MS Visual Studio
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the
- Test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consists of
- Business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Identified test cases to automate, prioritized suitable candidates for automation and automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Performed parallel testing and Group testing using TestNG.
- Created feature files and developed Step definition files using Cucumber.
- Execution of performance test cases and estimating the performance of application like load testing and stress testing using Load Runner Executed test cases with TFS, MTM and other corporately-supported tools, both licenses and open-sourced, used in the creation of test artifacts, troubleshooting and issue validation.
- Worked with Developers, Architects and business team in AGILE environment.
- Worked closely with internal clients to define business objectives, project scope, solution space and design/development approach for various knowledge research applications.
- Perform different methods and involved in black box, white box testing, Front End, Backend, Regression, Unit testing and Stress tests.
- Used Cucumber Grid for Cross Browser and Cross Platform testing.
- Used Appium to automate Mobile test cases.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium Hybrid and Data-driven development framework.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- In UAT, implemented Cucumber and written BDD Scenarios in Given When Then Format.
- Performed various testing activities like GUI testing, functional testing, browser compatibility testing, regression testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Used different Selenium Locators like id, Xpath, CSS and link text.
- Worked with web based pop ups and Alerts. Implemented frames and used Screen Shot methods.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverable.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Firebug, Fire path, XML, XPATH, DOM, Quality Center, Cucumber, Jira, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, MTM, Web services.Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Extensively involved in Preparing the Manual and Automation System Test Plans and Test Strategies.
- Identified test cases to automate, prioritized suitable candidates for automation and automated test cases using Selenium web driver, Junit and Java.
- Reviewed test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Involved in setting up Selenium RC in the Test Environment, deploy and run the scripts in as part of the build and generate automated test reports for test runs.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium web driver with Junit Frame work.
- Developed Test Scripts for Automation of the web-based application in Selenium- Junit.
- Developed Junit tests for each Java based API in the Project and verified functionality by matching expected and actual output values.
- Designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Involved in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Uploading applications to handsets using Mac mini- configuration utility for Native. App can be accessed on Mobile, Mobile browser and web browser.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Exploratory, Security (Authorization and Authentication, Session management, Encryption checking of user’s personal data) regression testing, Browser compatibility testing (Google chrome, Firefox, Internet explorer, Opera), Network testing (Wifi, 3G, Offline Mode), GEO Location / Location based testing, ATM / Retail Reload Locator with MAP + GPS / zip code/address (Green Dot ATMs), APNS testing in DIT, FIT, IAT/UAT environments,
- Manual testing of web services REST calls using Firefox.
Environment: Selenium web driver, Junit, Java, TFS, Agile, TestNG, Visual Studio, JIRA, CSS, HTML, HTML, Oracle, JUnit, SOAP UI, Agile, Web Services REST API, I-Phone (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) OS 5, I-pad1 & 2, I-pod, Blackberry (Torch OS 6, Bold OS 5, Curve, Tour), Android OS 2 and above (Samsung Galaxy s, HTC Evo (2.2), Galaxy s, Droid Incredible, MOTO Flipside).Confidential, Mount terrace Lake, WA
QA Engineer on Manual Testing
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to Agile release.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the Web Driver project.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test automatically.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Jasmine.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Proficiency with automated software testing tool HP QA/ALM used to develop test scripts.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium Web Driver.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Reported software defects in JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed back end testing on Netezza Database by writing SQL queries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, C#, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Unix, TFS, SOAPUI, MSSQL, Maven, Jenkins, Fire path, POM, SQL, Netezza, HTML, XML, XPath, MTM, Firebug, Quality Center/ALM, GitHub.Confidential
QA Engineer / Automation Tester
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & Web Services testing.
- Implemented test plans and isolated, documented and identified application bugs using white box testing
- Establishes testing protocols and procedures and documented finding in white box testing
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements
- Performed manual testing & Mobile Application Testing using Appium
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Created unit and functional tests cases through use of testing tools such as Python
- The entire Python scripting done using Cucumber framework.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Have built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium Web driver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Provided verification of realistic and concrete software solutions in collaboration with python testers.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in testing Web services(SOAP) for XML data with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Created testing scripts using HP UFT with data driven and keyword driven testing frameworks
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Used JIRA to manage projects.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Python, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter, Jasmine, Protractor, HP UFT, POM, Cucumber, JIRA.Confidential
Software Test Engineer - Manual Testing
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
- Executed test cases before and after bug fixes for each build for User acceptance testing.
- Performed Sanity testing for all supported releases.
- Responsible for providing weekly status reports, showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Provided the Test status reports, Testing activities and documented issues to the QA Test lead and QA Manager.
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects to Quality Center.
- Extensively worked on selenium tools to scale and distribute scripts across many environments as part of migration from QTP.
- Performed Functional testing of modules, tracked defect in Bugzilla, assigned them to appropriate development team and follow up with them till closure.
- Performed Regression testing on the defects closed by development team to ensure other modules are not impacted by fix.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Delivered work on tight schedule, without affecting the quality of the deliverables.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Windows, Mac, Chrome, IE, Firefox browsers.