- Experience in software industry with emphasis mainly on Quality Assurance both Automated and Manual of both Client/Server and Web based Applications using structured methodologies with strong business understanding of projects.
- Good understanding and working knowledge on the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
- Possess excellent skills in automation testing using Selenium and Object Oriented Programming Language “Java”.
- Created custom XPath for identifying Dynamic Objects and used them in Selenium.
- Performed full automation suite for every Release and analyzed the root cause of failed scripts,
- Expertise in programming with clear understanding of OOPS concept as Inheritance,Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, etc.
- Developed and maintained automation framework using selenium Page Object Model concept.Good knowledge in Data Driven Framework.
- In depth understanding and implementation experience on TestNGframework and how to in corporate it into the test as needed.
- Expertise on finding unique elements using custom Xpath along with other locator techniques.
- Expertise in creating reusablemethodsthat were utilized throughout projects.
- Expertise in using Maven build management tool, continuous integration tool Jenkins andGitHub source code management tool.
- Used Extent Report API to display detailed test execution reports with pie chart along with screenshots of corresponding failed test cases.
- Good knowledge in Web Services Testing using SoapUI.
- Strong database programming background with extensive experience in writing SQL, stored procedures and triggers in MySQL, Microsoft SQL and Oracle database.
- Excellent skills on written and verbal communication with the client, project manager and developers.
- Organized, attention to detail, self - motivation, personable, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team successfully.
Languages: JAVA, PL/SQL
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JIRA, Java with Eclipse IDE, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Selenium Grid, Apache, SoapUI
Development frameworks: Page Object Model
Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle database
Application servers: Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogicBuild tools Maven
Continuous integration tools: Jenkins
Operating systems: Mac, Windows
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, DNS, VLAN, VPN
Source & version control: Git, Github
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum)
Web technologies: HTML, CSS, XML
Web services: REST, SOAP
Test management: JUnit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver
Project & issue management: JIRA with Agile
Confidential, New York, NY
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Responsible for Regression Testing, Functional testing for web based application.
- Used Selenium WebDriver with java plug-in to generate automated test scripts for functional testing, GUI testing and enhancing the existing scripts.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification made in the application and new builds usingSelenium WebDriver.
- Created automated and executes around 150 test cases using Selenium web drivers.
- Involved in Functionality, User Interface and Regression testing during the various phases of development using Selenium/TestNG.
- Experienced in writing JUNIT Test cases for Java
- Assisted on developing and maintaining robust and effective Page Object Model Framework.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify and locate elements as needed, along with creating custom Xpath using xml functions.
- Developed page library as part of modular framework implementation in automation.
- Reported and tracked the bugs to closure using JIRA.
- Verified backend data validation using SQL.
- Prepared Log track and reported progress of all tests.
- Preparation of Daily and Weekly status reports. Attending weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Attending conference calls with offshore team to discuss the Testing status and to assign the defects to the concerned developers.
- Participated in QA reviews and provided required support and clarification as needed for the reviewers.
- Involved in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
Environment: Selenium Driver, TestNG, Java, Jenkins, Jira, SOAPUI, Firefox, Eclipse, Linux, Oracle, Windows2008, Junit,Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests and create test scenarios.
- Developed manual test cases and RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix).
- Performed smoke, functional, integration, regression, system&UAT Testing.
- Reported and tracked defects found during the execution of manual test cases and automated test run in Selenium.
- Responsible for performing functional testing on the application by creating manual and automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Created and maintained project-wide Object Repository.
- Enhanced the recorded scripts to resolve synchronization issues.
- Created User-defined functions, functions libraries and maintained the initialization scripts to set-up the work environment.
- Performed Data-driven testing using TestNG and MS Excel.
- IntegratedSelenium and Jenkins and scheduled the execution of scripts to perform regression testing and integration testing.
- Responsible for identifying the functional test cases for Regression Testing and automated those scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and executed automated test scripts for functional, GUI and navigational testing to identify errors within the applications using Selenium.
- Written SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information, editing data and inserting the data.
- Met with the developers and technical content writers on a daily basis to update the test documents.
- Participated weekly meetings and discussed enhancement and modification Request issues.
Environment: Selenium, Java,MySQL, Windows XP/7/8.1, MS Excel.Confidential, New York, NY
- Extensive knowledge of functional testing, developing software testing process, testing scenarios, test plan and strategy for testing, reporting and analyzing test results
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases for large-scale data validation and comparison between two web applications and between the UI and Database defining simple to complex scenarios
- Have thoroughly done Peer reviews for developing the UAT test plan, strategy, test cases which are used while testing the application.
- Created UAT test plan documents, strategy, test cases, executed UAT test scripts, and created test reports using JIRA
- Analyzed and validated system requirements.
- Performed manual Functional testing on Mobile App for iOS and Android.
- Worked with automation team to help them run Selenium test suites as part of regression testing.
- Identified system problems and provided solutions for develop, test, and implementation of the application.
- Involved in designing and developing workload and statistical reports.
Environment: Eclipse, JIRA, SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2