- Over 6 years of experience in Software Testing and advanced knowledge in Automation Testing.
- Extensively experienced in writing Test Cases and assisting in creating Test Plans for various scenarios and proficient in Backend, Manual testing.
- Experienced updating Test plan document and Test Metrics document.
- Proven Testing Experienced in Web - based Applications and Client/Server Applications.
- Experienced in conducting Automation/manual testing using the standards, guidelines and structure methodology in testing the applications.
- Experienced in testing like Positive/Negative Testing, Black/Grey box Testing, Configuration Testing, Data Driven Testing, End to End Testing, Unit Testing, Back-End Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and UAT.
- Experienced in maintaining of Test Scripts, Requirements & management of test suites using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in preparing the Test Execution reports using the HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Proficient in performing backend testing to validate data using SQL queries.
- Experienced in generating test scripts for functional and regression tests using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in writing QTP/UFT Test Scripts using Descriptive Programming.
- Proficient in writing Scripts in VBScript for using in QTP/UFT Automation.
- Extensively experienced in creating Automation Frameworks using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced with version control, configuration management and change control procedures.
- Good Knowledge in participating in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug.
- Attended review meetings and Quality Control board meeting for continuous improvement of software quality.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills, Quick learner, Motivated Team player, ability to work independently and fast paced environment.
Manual Testing Docs: Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Plan doc, Test Cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Conditions and Test Data, Test Execution report, Defect Summary Report, Test Matrices, Status weekly/monthly report docs
Software Testing methodologies: Black box testing, System Testing, Functional, Integration, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Cross-browser Compatibility testing, Accessibility testing, exploratory testing, end-to-end testing, Re-testing, GUI testing, Database testing.
Development Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Testing Tools Knowledge: HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP UFT, HP Quality Center(QC), HP ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla
Programming/Scripting Languages: VB Script
Other Technology tools: MS Office, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, MS outlook, PowerPoint
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Worked with Business Analysts, Development Groups and Project manager in analyzing Business Specifications.
- Analyzed the System Specification Requirements to understand the Test Requirements in each release.
- Performed manual testing of a web-based application.
- Performed Verification, Validation, and Transformations on the Input data (Text files, XML files) before loading into target database.
- Developed documentation for Automation Scripts and Libraries.
- Executed testing of the applications using Agile's Test Driven Design technique.
- Involved in Manual Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing, Compatibility Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Automated Testing and Regression Testing.
- Used HP ALM to prepare Test Cases with the complete description of requirements.
- Reported and managed software defects using HP ALM and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for back end testing.
- Involved in writing and executing UFT automated test scripts to test the web applications.
- Responsible for System and Regression testing of application using UFT.
- Used Parameterization for using various data to test the application using UFT.
- Involved in design of Driver script to run UFT script in the absence of quality center.
- Designed and developed schedule runs for regression and maintenance purpose by using UFT.
- Performed the Integration testing used Soap UI.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Involved in Deployment of Reports on Report server.
- Involved collecting several metrics and come up with corrective measure to be presented to senior management.
- Performed QA Tester task for evaluating newly developed Beta applications.
- Involved in the trainings in understanding the Application workflow.
- Worked with offsite team model coordinate my own efforts with team members in the off- site team.
- Involved in scheduling project schedule and testing time line for off shore teams.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, Java, J2EE, Java Script, HTML, HP ALM, HP UFT, VB Script, XML, SQL Server, MS Office, Windows, SOAP UI, UNIX, C, C++, C#, .Net, JIRA, JMeter, MS Outlook, MSConfidential, Titusville, NJ
- Created Test runs, Test cases, Mockups, Process Flow diagrams from the functional documents.
- Created RTM Matrix, ensured the Test Planning, Testing Strategy, Test cases, Flows are capturing and covering all the Functional/Non-Functional requirements.
- Involved in creating Test plans, for different components within the project.
- Worked with the development team in creating environment and loading and migrating data.
- Performed QA processes collaborating with the development team for ensuring high quality software releases using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Performed various kinds of testing, such as Exploratory, Smoke box, Regression, Integrated, System, Backend validation, End to End, UAT.
- Recorded and reviewed results of tests with logs of the traced defects in HP Quality Center.
- Performed Back-end data base testing using SQL quires.
- Tested and executed the suite whenever a code was changed using QTP.
- Designed in creating new architecture design using class methods to implement QTP scripts.
- Developed data driven functions using excel files to perform the same test with multiple sets of data in QTP.
- Conducted regression testing for the subsequent versions of the application using QTP.
- Conducted Data Driven testing using parameterization in QTP to test the application with different set of data.
- Created VBScripts using QTP for various testing stages like Functional Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with users along.
- Prepared the Test estimations, Batch Calendar, and Run Plan.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Used daily scrum meeting to provide the daily updates.
Environment: JMeter, JUnit, HP Quality Center, QTP, HTML, VBScript, Java, Java Script, .Net, C, C++, MS SQL Server, Web Services, Windows, UNIX, MS Excel, MS Office.Confidential, Horsham, PA
- Involved in analyzing business requirements.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans based on User Requirement Document (URD) and preparing the Test Scenarios, Test Cases.
- Coordinated with the QA Manager, business analysts and developers on requirement issues.
- Wrote Test cases to test the mappings and workflows and analyze the cache assigned.
- Performed tests on Source Analyzer user, defined query, Lookups and Target, Aggregator.
- Prepared Automation standards document and Created Functions for reusable purpose.
- Detected, reported and classified bugs in Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for managing test execution and defect tracking of all issues.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform back end testing.
- Created several Test scripts using QTP to create Data Driven Tests, Batch tests and performed Exception handling.
- Generated QTP master scripts and called different functions and checked for different properties for the recorded objects.
- Developed Descriptive Programming and Maintained Local and Global Object Repository in QTP.
- Developed a Keyword Driven Automation Framework in QTP.
- Created progress reports to ensure appropriate test coverage and results.
- Worked with developers and project managers to prioritize and resolve issues during testing phase.
- Worked with team in remote offshore location daily basis to discuss any issues regarding projects.
- Assisted in production of testing and capacity certification reports.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Java, Java Script, C/C++, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, PHP, HTML, Agile, MS Office, UNIX, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Jira.