- Over 13 years in the field of Software Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Always expressing the desire to drive the best in software quality through a continuous learning process and integration of quality components throughout all phases of software development. Also, works to ensure the philosophy is spread throughout an organization that “Quality is everyone’s responsibility.”
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Quality Process Improvement
- QA Training
- Agile Development
- Multi - Industry Exposure
- Software Testing
- Gaining Buy-In via a Top-Down Approach
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Started QA process for expanding business needs
- Integrated quality principles into Scrum and Kanban based teams to help facilitate a cleaner end product
- Helped to introduce Rally as a means for User Story management and defect tracking
- Responsible for release management to multiple environments through use of Goverlan and Octopus Deploy
- Testing backend API and Web Services through the use of SOAPUI
- Testing SEO content and tags using Fiddler and Screaming Frog
- Website automation through use of Selenium IDE
Quality Assurance/Project Manager (Contract)Responsibilities:
- Created testing process for small business consulting team in an Agile environment
- Guided efforts to gather requirements and set velocity expectations for multiple projects using Trello
- Maintained overview of team progress in accomplishing Sprint stories throughout life of project
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Contract)Responsibilities:
- Led testing for applications developed by Offshore team
- Assisted primary testers with their QA practices on LT.com and Gemini application
- Began Automation efforts for Gemini to help improve the overall dependability and confidence in the quality of the product for the company.
Sr. QA Engineer (Contract)Responsibilities:
- Led Mobile testing effort for iOS operating systems for company product
- Established company wide field test through the establishment of training documents, feedback web forms, and formal training sessions to instruct new users on the use of the applications.
- Creation of new processes to guide the QA efforts for the company now and ensuring the scalability into the future for more growth
- Walmart - Bentonville, AR 3/2011 - 5/2012
- Store Systems
Sr. Engineer, QA
- Oversaw the QA practices on multiple projects through relationships with business customers and executives to meet time and budget constraints.
- Quality Project Manager for teams of 20+ vendors for Point of Sale and Business Intelligence systems
- Managed project budgets for up to $2.5 million
- Balanced resources for 18-25 projects at any given time
- Main point of communication between business customers and technical QA personel
- Conducted reviews and debriefed upper management on successes and failures of projects and established ways to improve going forward
- Worked to reduce overall spending on resource allocation through establishment of better onshore/offshore models
- Hand picked by Director to establish change in the practices of the POS application area
- Promoted within 1 year based on results driven approach
- Picked by Management to go through Leaders In Training to become the next level of future management
QA Analyst IIIResponsibilities:
- Previously responsible for the quality testing of the Clinical Notes and Security areas of the McKesson PracticeChoice Electronic Medical Records solution.
- Worked in conjunction with PMO to initiate and design defect resolution process for Beta and live product launch for support and operations
- Part of the cross -functional team to develop the process for rollout of new product launch
- Gathered requirements and writes documentation for new development to be done for each Sprint
- Responsible for developing and documenting new QA processes along modifying existing processes
- Responsible for interviewing and training new Quality Analysts brought onto the project in all aspects including processes, tools, and procedures
- Initiated, executed, and completed project to create company automated tests for build verification and regression using VSTS
- Led efforts to change defect tracking solution from a proprietary software to VSTS
- Led testing of new Cardiac Dashboard project
- Creates test plans to test multiple modules of company software package.
- Tests vendor interfaces structured in XML & HL7 formatting
- Conducts backend verification testing of DB values and Stored Procedures using SQL Server 2005
QA Engineer IIIResponsibilities:
- Lead QA on the Rentals.com product line.
- Responsible for resource planning and allocation of QA team to new and existing features.
- Responsible for handling all customer issues that required specific IT interaction
- Led efforts to acquire new issue management software solution
- Created test plans and test cases using Quality Center in an Agile Development Environment
- Created company automated regression and stress tests using QTP
- Led coordination of new code pushes to various development environments and production environment.
- Conducted backend data validation using SQL Server in a client/server environment
- Quality Lead for the EarthLink Online Store, which is the main customer facing application
- Took ownership of and led quality initiatives to rebrand Online Store
- Quality Lead for change of Spritle, the main company Registration software
- Responsible for both manual and automated testing of Sales and Registration software using SilkTest
- Led weekly meetings of changes to Online Store and conducts bug review meetings for each release
- Responsible for testing multiple applications on the top Corporate Priority List
- Assisted in planning and creation of new Autobot Automation framework through use of C# and XML, which was adopted by the company as their standard for automated testing.
- Software Tester on the WWTE (Private Label) brand of Expedia.com.
- Responsible for manual and automated testing and maintenance of over 300 individual sites, in over 6 different languages.
- Primary Tester for all changes made to Private Label sites on a weekly basis through the Sitesup and Hotfix process.
- Created test plans and performed test cases based on product specifications, for all features placed in new website releases.
- Maintained a SQL Server Database of all site information in order to keep track of all changes and for automation variables to be derived from.
- Conducted Test Area Reviews (TAR) for other members of the product development team in order for other testers and developers to be able to pose questions about testing methods.
- Planned for functional, implementation, and regression testing for all features through the complete SDLC in a client/server environment.