- Around 8 years of professional experience in Testing as Quality Assurance Engineer on different platforms and environments
- Expertise in Analyzing Business Specifications and develop Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts and execute them.
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries and worked on SQL scripts to load data in the tables.
- Experience working with huge volumes of data, analyzing record sets for Data Quality, Data Validation and Metrics using SQL and / or PL/SQL
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in test planning, test execution and test result analysis.
- Worked with technologies like WSDL, SOAP,SOAP UI, XML, XPath and Web Services
- Has expertise in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, and Defect Management.
- Knowledgeable on Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in creating source to target mapping, edit rules and validation, transformations, and business rules.
- Knowledge and Experience in Content Management System (CMS).
- Experienced with automated testing tools Quick Test Professional (QTP)
- Experience in working with ALM/HP Quality Center 11 for test management and defect tracking.
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills with a good understanding at the conceptual level and possess excellent presentation, interpersonal skills with a strong desire to achieve specified goals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in proposal and presentation creation.
- Experience leading medium sized Teams spread across multiple time zones and countries
- Experience in all phases of Confidential Development life cycle.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server2016, DB2, Teradata
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script, Visual Basic, XML, PERL
Tools: Toad, SQL* Loader, WinSQL, Teradata SQL Assistant
Operating Systems: Windows, AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux
Testing Tools: Quality Center,QTP, WinRunner, Load Runner, Test Director, Rational Clear Quest
Version Control: Rational Clear Case, CVS, VSS, PVCS
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Environment: Oracle, Unix Shell Scripting, Teradata, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, POS (Point of Sale), Toad for Oracle, ALM/HP Quality Center 11, SOAP, SOAP UI, QTP, Agile, Unix, MS Office, Excel
- Experience in migrating data from the Database by generating the SQL from the Pivot table
- Performed dynamic pivoting by using dynamic SQL by dynamically building the pivoting query
- Worked on creating a custom SQL query on the DB to test the query, and then put the query inside an Excel pivot table in order to display the data.
- Test execution in accordance with test strategy and test schedule, review; issue identification and data mining exercises in accordance with project plan timelines.
- Used Quick Test Pro generated various scripts for performing functional testing
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access and SQL
- Writing SQL scripts to manipulate data for data loads and extracts.
- Experience in writing scripts for loading data into the Databases
- Writing test cases to compare the data between source and target databases
- Writing complex SQL queries to check the Views built on the source tables and to compare data between source and target
- Validated inbuilt content management system (CMS) tool along with web application on different browsers.
- Built a library of test cases for regression testing and automated them using QTP(Quick Test Professional)
- Involved in writing the test cases and Test plans Transformation Matrix or (Traceability Matrix) for supporting Black box Testing.
- Loading Flat file Data into Teradata tables using Unix Shell scripts.
- Quality Center used for Test Case Management, Test execution status, and Defects Management.
- Conducted the Functional, System, Integration, Regression, performance, UAT and Smoke Tests for various phases of this application
- Performed Web Service testing using HP Service Test and SOAP UI.
- Worked with SQL Queries using joins to facilitate the use of huge tables for processing several records in the database.
- Generated Automation Scripts from Scratch for QTP and created custom functions using VB scripting
- Evaluated QTP for automation & created various GUI checkpoints using QTP.
- Participate in the creation of Test Scenarios & Test Cases with the UAT Team and the Business Analysts.
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology.
- Developed stored procedures to validate the data obtained.
- Verified the execution of business checks & rules in POS and defect reporting
- Testing the source data for data completeness and data correctness.
- Checking the PL/SQL procedures that load data into the target database from standard tables.
- Testing flat file data in Unix environment by using complex Unix commands
- Coordinating with offshore team for testing purposes.
- Wrote and executed test plans for the replatforming of CC&B from DB2 to UNIX.
- Extensively written Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Worked in creating and executing test scenarios for POS (Point of Sale)
- Assigning tasks to all testing team members.
- Developed Test Estimations to develop test cases and execution.
- Worked with both offshore and onsite and co - ordinate with business teams and technology team
- Creation of automated test scripts using QTP.
- Tested POS system Confidential for data validation, data verification.
- Tested the functionality and performance of web services using SOAP UI.
- Testing the universe for report generation.
- Reported the defects in ALM/Quality Center and documented the report.
- Worked with running JCL jobs for many business scenarios.
- Used VB Scripting in QTP, Generated test results using QTP and analyzed Actual Result and Expected result.
- Testing and resolving loops and contexts to ensure the correct results from the query.
- Testing the universe structure to ensure the tables are properly updated.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Environment: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Teradata, SOAP, SOAP UI, POS (Point of Sale), Agile, SQL Assistant, XML, XSLT, XML Spy, SQL *Loader, Windows, TOAD, MS Excel, Flat files, UNIX, DB2, Autosys, HP Quality Center
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents and the Functional Specification.
- Developed Test cases, Test plans, and Test procedures using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Conducted source-system data analysis to understand current state, quality and availability of existing data.
- Executed SQL Queries to check the data table updates after test execution.
- Created and executed test cases/scripts for database validation using SQL, PL/SQL in oracle and Sybase and SQL server for interface validation
- Ensures that the existing functionality is working properly by performing regression testing with QTP Scripts
- Tested POS application reports for reports of daily transactions, receipts of the goods purchased.
- Verify the source to target data movement and verify the target data by writing SQL queries
- Identify the primary key (logical / physical ) and put update or insert logic
- Deleting the target data before processing based on logical or physical primary key
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards
- Experience in Data integration of various data sources with Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Access and Flat Files.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Ran SQL queries to verify the number of records and validated the referential integrity rules as per the design specifications.
- Evaluated QTP for automation & created various GUI checkpoints using QTP.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Executed scenarios to verify the POS reporting features and interfaces to inventory details
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and assisted the development of User Manuals for customers
- Created test scripts for the application which uses SOA, Web services, SOAP and WSDL.
- TOAD is used to perform manual test in regular basis. UNIX and Oracle are using in this project to write Shell Scripts and SQL queries.
- Tracked Defects for closure and generated bug reports using Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for defect logging and test management
- Participated in defining and executing test strategies using agile methodology.
- Traceability Matrix and Integration Test activities.
- Tested data migration to ensure that integrity of data was not compromised
- Walked through and certified all unit test case execution and performed code review with all the developers prior to exiting the construction phase.
- Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using Sql Assistant.
- Tested XML files using Soap
- Involved in system Integration testing (SIT), System Verification Testing (SVT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Confidential, Providence, RI
Environment:, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Teradata, T-SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS/Base, SQL, PL/SQL, Quality Center, Agile, QTP, Oracle, SQL Server, TOAD, WinSQL, Ultra Editor, XML Spy, XSD, XML
- Written several shell scripts using UNIX Korn shell for file transfers and clean-up process.
- Lead several projects and worked with different work streams towards completion of testing, defect resolution, implementation, support.
- Executed SQL statements for data validation to check data integrity, error handling, data redundancy, and data consistency.
- Identified UAT and regression test scripts for each of the assigned modules..
- Written complex SQL statements for data reconciliation including comparing record counts between source data, data loaded to the warehouse and rejected records.
- Prepared Test data at design phase for both positive and negative scenarios and tested the boundaries for database limitations.
- Performed UAT, Usability, Cross-Platform and Regression Testing during different stages of the application development
- Prepared Test Plan and Testing Strategy for the project.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to perform database testing and to verify data integrity.
- Tested different detail, summary reports and on demand reports developed by Report Studio.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Performed all aspects of verification, validation including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Worked with clients to demonstrate agile techniques for Confidential development.
- Strong ability in developing advanced and complex SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Tested with Front-end functionality for the entire application
QA SQL Tester
Environment: Business Objects, WinSQL, QTP, Quality Center, Agile, TOAD, Oracle, PL/SQL, IBM DB2.
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application
- Tested the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae etc
- Debugging the SQL-Statements and stored procedures for various business scenarios.
- Developed advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Tested several BO Reports for several business needs including Dashboards, Drill-Down, Master-Detailed, Aggregated, KPI’s, Grouped List, Cascade and Web Reports.
- Tested and validated the BO reports by running similar SQL queries against the source system(s).
- Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Data and Test Summary Reports and followed Agile/Scrum process
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects
- Designed and prepared scripts to monitor uptime/downtime of different system components
- Participated in weekly meetings with the management team
- Involved in the Implementation of QA testing Process, and involved in documentation of Test Scenarios, Test Cases, and Test Scripts for Various Applications.
- Performed the back end testing by using SQL Queries and verified the data integrity.
- Coordinated with the developers to resolve defects.
- Involved in documentation in order to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.