- Over 7 years of professional experience in Information Technology with extensive knowledge in Quality Assurance, Manual and Automation Testing.
- Experience in testing Web - Site/E-business/E-commerce/Banking and retail domain, different environments in Java/UNIX and Windows.
- Experience in interacting with business analysts, developers, technical support and help them in base line from the requirement specifications.
- Experience on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Experience in Black box testing and Build Verification/Release Procedure of requirement.
- Extensively used automated test tools like Selenium for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Profound working knowledge in defect tracking tools Quality Center/ALM and JIRA.
- Experience in writing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Traceability Matrix.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in performing Build Verification, Positive, Negative, Boundary, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Performance, Load/Stress, Security, GUI Cross-Browser and User Acceptance, and Web based e-commerce applications testing knowledge.
- Experience in reviewing all kind of testability docs like Requirement Specification, and Business Rules.
- Experience in Quality Analyst, issue identification, defect logging and verification, Problem resolution.
- Experience in writing SQL queries by using DDL and DML language and can write join queries.
- Experience in changing the user requirements to system level test cases.
- Excellent knowledge of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), and testing methods like Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and V-Model.
- Versatile team player with good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interested in new technologies and able to learn quickly.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Android, iOS.
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML, Java, .NET
Automation Tool: Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Load Runner, QTP
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server and MS Access
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA, Rational ClearQuest
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Java script, Shell Script
Networking Technology: SQL Plus, TOAD, PuTTY, WinSCP
Application Software: MS Office, MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior QA Engineer
- As a member of the Agile (Scrum and Sprint) team participated in daily stand-up meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Working closely with QA Manager and Business Analyst to prepare Business Requirements to create Test Plans, Test Cases and test approach/strategy documents.
- Develop and execute Test Cases and Test Scripts based on the requirement documents and manage it using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Developing automated scripts using Selenium for functional and regression testing.
- Implement automation testing framework and maintain up-to-date automated scripts in Selenium WebDriver using for regression and functional testing.
- Conduct Data-Driven Framework to test the application with different sets of data from the external source.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases with different Test Sets for different objectives based on the Business/Functional requirements.
- Create and maintain SQL Scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Responsible for Manual Mobile native application testing and manual mobile web application testing.
- Working with Multiple mobile application simultaneously: iOS, Android, Tablet.
- Validate Web Services request and response xml using SoapUI.
- Performing Manual and automation testing of the web application and its integration components using SoapUI.
- Responsible in taking reports on the performance of the tool using Load Runner.
- Test the moving of the service to production after the UAT approval.
- Interact with QA Automation team and managers to nail down the technical problems.
- Participating in Project Team Meeting and help in reviewing the Defects and its severity.
- Managing the Requirements, Test plans, Test lab and Defects in ALM/ Quality center.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Test Engineer
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Data and Test Summary Reports (TSR).
- Conducted Requirements walk through within the Testing team.
- Designed and Developed automation script in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Performed both UI and backend automation using Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and implemented test scripts and managed Selenium test automation processes.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, GUI and Stress Testing.
- Written, executed Test cases, and documented defects in the HP ALM.
- Tracked and reported defects into HP ALM and notified management with details.
- Arranged meetings with the Project Teams to discuss the test approach used for the Data Conversion and ETL modules.
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts
- Performed manual integration, functional, regression, end-to-end and exploratory testing of the mobile applications on Android, iOS and BlackBerry devices.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAP UI.
- Conducted data integration testing by extensive use of SQL.
- Was responsible for analyzing data from Oracle and MS SQL server, running SQL queries to provide decision support
- Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conducted functional, regression, integration, system testing and UAT tests.
- Managed software defect information, interacted with Business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
- Coordinated with PM, BA's, Developers and functional teams and coordinated meetings.
Confidential, New York, NY
Software Test Analyst
- Developed and executed Test Cases and Test Scripts based on the requirement documents and managed it using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Created Automation Test Scripts in HP QTP and involved in Automation Framework Development.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing using HP QTP.
- Have excellent skills in VB scripting, written many re-usable VBScript functions to automate the application.
- Writing and executing functional as well as regression test plans for testing various applications implementing the various system functionalities.
- Extensive use of SQL queries for querying and verification of data visible on the UIs.
- Leaded the testing team offshore and giving the right direction to them in order for them to have a better understanding of client requirements.
- Managed the Test Deliverables and making sure that the deliveries are released to Test in time.
- Provided Demos and User Training to Client employees to be able to adapt to the new system quickly.
- Was Responsible for coordinating with client and offshore and involved in requirement gathering, design meetings.
- Communicated and coordinated with offshore team, developers, design teams.
- Was Responsible in investigating, resolving, escalating the production issues to the higher layers as per the process.
- Was Responsible in regular system and application health checks.
- Was Responsible for testing various mobile models to check the functionality of the sites.
- Worked on shell scripting.
- Involved in performance evaluation and compatibility with other portal Managers.
- Monitored the team by reviewing their test cases, load and performance cases.
- Defect tracking and test reporting using HP ALM.
- Responsible for testing mobile applications and sites on different mobile models.
- Conducted status review meetings periodically to check the progress of the project.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Software Test Engineer
- Actively participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) from requirement analysis to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Responsible for developing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test procedures based on the requirements submitted by the Business analysts.
- Created SQL scripts to run against Oracle database for back-end testing.
- Involved in writing and testing complex SQL queries involving more than three table joins and getting explained to verify the SQL performance
- Participating in Walk Through, Bugs scrub meetings, feature team meetings, Defect report meetings periodically, Defect tracking and analysis.
- Performed end to end testing and communicated project and testing status to internal and external teams.
- Participated in post-mortems back to future and analyse the results for future improvement.
- Coordinated with the Product Management and Business Analysts and Users for functional issues with the application.
- Developed detailed test cases and use cases based on functional specification and other technical documentation. Covered positive, negative and boundary value conditions.
- Provided web-specific types of testing including browser compatibility, operating system compatibility, navigation, links, images and on-line forms.
- Managed the entire test process, scheduled batch tests, and logged and tracked defects using Rational ClearQuest, and followed up the bug life cycle.
- Communicated with developers and testers to isolate and resolve various issues.