- Over 12+ Years of QA Experience in all phases of Software life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management and reporting of Web - based and Client/Server Applications.
- Around 4 years of experience in open source tools including Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver), JUNIT, TESTNG, Page object model, BDD and Eclipse.
- Domain knowledge on Telecom, Health Care, Retail and Insurance
- Good exposure to Core java concepts, HTML, VB script, java script in developing automation test scripts.
- Expertise in testing the Web Applications, CRM- Siebel Applications, GUI applications, Java Applications, Client-Server Applications and Mobile Application Testing .
- Hands-on on Automation framework design/enhancement with Selenium tool for UI and WEB automation
- Work on regular basis with various Application lifecycle management tools HP QC / ALM, RALLY, JIRA and TFS
- Strong hands on catching E2E and SIT testing related issues and analyzing them
- Good development skills in Object Oriented Programming languages with JAVA
- Knowledge on Python scripting
- Implemented different frameworks like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid frameworks and implemented Page Object Model (POM).
- Good experience in querying DOM elements with Java Script, Xpath and CSS Selectors
- Experience in Cross Browser testing for compatibility check on various browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari.
- Worked in automation tools QTP and Test Management tools Quality Center Familiarity with business process and ability to quickly understand the new methods and procedures.
- Strong experience in implementing Test automation framework in Page Object Model framework, Keyword driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid driven framework
- Good exposure in RESTful and SOAP API testing through SOAP UI tool
- Hands-on on various SCM tools VSS, SVN and Github
- Experience in using modern build tools ant, Jenkins to clean, installs, builds, deploy and run JOBS and update documentation same on to WIKI Pages
- Good hands-on knowledge and work experience with Waterfall and Agile-scrum methodology in Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and as well as in STLC
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL for backend testing and interfaces testing.
- Extensive experience in ETL process using Informatica Power Center.
- Good team player with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work experience with Onshore-Offshore model projects
Test Automation Tools : Selenium WebDriver,HP QTP 11.0, SOAP UI, JUnit, TestNG
Test Management Tools : HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla
Agile Project Management Tools : RALLY, TFS, JIRA
SCM / Build Tools : SVN, VSS, ANT, JENKINS
Development Environment Tools : IntelliJ, Eclipse IDE, Git Stash
Test Scripting Languages : Ruby Script, VB Script, Java Script
Programming Languages : Java, C, C++, SQL, Pl/SQL and VB
Databases : Oracle 10g/9i / 8i / 7.1, MS-SQL Server 6.5 / 7.0, SQL Server 95 /98 /2000
Office Softwares : MS Office 2003 and 2007, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, MS Project
Operating Systems : UNIX,IOS, MS-DOS, Windows NT and Windows 2000
Web development tools / Plug-in : IE Dev Toolbar, Firebug, Fire path, putty, Fiddler, xpathchecker
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Sr. QA Lead/ Selenium Tester
- Understand the application business logic with Business Requirements Specification documents and functionality of application with Functional Requirements Specification Documents.
- Involved in preparing the high-level Test Plan and developed Test Cases in accordance with the functional specifications.
- Tested the application under Scrum (Agile) Methodology.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Protractor to handle AngularJS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SoapUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Worked in SOA based subsystems using SCRUM Agile methodology.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment are working as desired.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, Jenkins, SoapUI, Maven, JUnit, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, SQL, Oracle, and Windows
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. QA Engineer/ Selenium Tester
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Assisted the team by providing automation strategies in Selenium/Cucumber Automation and JIRA reports.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Created and executed Selenium test script suites using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and JUnit Framework.
- Designed test cases based on the use-cases and the complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used SoapUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. QA Analyst
- Prepared detailed Test Plan & Test Cases by understanding the business logic & user requirements for Site Redesign project.
- Performed the web testing of the application for browser dependency applications.
- Testing of individual web pages and integration between the web pages.
- Represent QA in all phases (SDLC) of product development including requirement, design, testing, implementation, code reviews and support.
- Identified and Reported Defects by classifying them based on severity and priority.
- Interacted with SMEs and developers in resolving the defects.
- Performed Regression Testing on each build, to ensure that defects have not been introduced as a result of the changes made.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
- Extensively worked on SoapUI testing by placing assertions.
- Involved in SOAP and Restful web services using SOAP UI, axis client.
- Responsible to test web services using SoapUI.
- Experience with testing SOA WSDL Services, Soap UI
- Performing negative testing for user administration features for different levels of users with different policies.
- Involved in creating projects, test suites, and parameterization in SOAP UI
- Takes ownership of the assigned QA tasks and completes the items on schedule
- Used SOAP UI Web Services tool for testing REST and SOAP Web Services, inspecting WSDL and WADL files, generating SOAP envelop, and automating or accelerating many other common XML tasks encountered when Web Services enabled applications.
- Involved in creating projects, test suites, and parameterization in SOAP UI
- Tested the response format of SOAP Web services in XML
- Used SQL extensively for database queries.
- Used ALM for Tracking Defects in the system
- Coordinate client expectations to the offshore team and mentor offshore team to provide best testing solution for client needs.
Environment: HP Quality Center 9.0, QTP, Java, J2EE, XML Web Services, Apache Axis, SOAP UI 3.x, ASP, .NET, IIS, WSDL, Web Services, Groovy 1.7, MS SQL Server 2008, Windows XP.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Sr. QA Tester
- Reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD) for accuracy and Completeness.
- Worked closely with Business user in Understanding designing and documenting the Functional testing plan and then Writing, executing, documenting the results and Logging Written ETL test specifications including test source data preparation, writing test cases to test Data Completeness, Data Transformations, Data quality, Performance and scalability, Data aggregations− match aggregated data against staging tables and/or ODS, and Granularity of data is as per specifications
- Created the use cases, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Created detail Test cases for each test phase to ensure complete coverage. Test Cases were incorporated both positive and negative test conditions.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Quality Center.
- Worked with IT Development team to ensure feasibility of design and clarify user requirements.
- Developed SQL Queries / Scripts and similar Artifacts to validate the Completeness, Integrity and Accuracy of Data within an ETL process testing cycle.
- Performed Data Analysis and developed Data Mapping documents for ETL (Sales) projects.
- Developed Test Cases and SQL Queries to perform various Validations.
- Performed Count Validation, Source Isolation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Requirement Testing.
- Executed Test Cases with respect to Source and Target database tables.
- Written SQL queries to validate reports against the database.
- Extensive SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse and Data Marts.
- Used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks.
- Validated reports based on Functional Requirements.
- Analyzed various reports generated by SSRS.
- Checked the reports for any naming inconsistencies and to improve user readability.
- Used Mercury Quality Center for Bug Tracking, Reporting and Analysis.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center 9.0, Informatica PowerCenter 8.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Teradata, Netezza, XML, Erwin, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, Shell Script, UNIX and Windows NT, SQL Navigator, Toad
Sr. QA Tester
- Followed Agile Scrum development methodology for whole SDLC
- As a Functional Tester performed end to end testing of the application
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression Testing of the Application on Integration, SIT and UAT environments
- Tested the stories that are assigned in TFS tool and reported defects in TFS during the continues integration testing
- Involved in writing Integration test cases from end-end and maintained in HP QC tool
- Update test cases as per change requests and executed them from HP QC tool
- Reported and tracked the Bugs in Defect Tracking tool using HP QC tool
- Attended Customer meetings and worked closely with Business Analysts
- Utilized SQL to run complex queries and manipulated the database
- Performed Demonstration of the product developed at the end of each sprint
- Involved in gathering business requirements, meeting Business customers and users
- Defined and Performed smoke tests in HP QC tool
- Performed Test Execution procedures as per Test Plan in HP QC tool
- Documented results and metrics on each test execution cycle in HP QC tool
- Attended all Agile meetings include Daily standup, Backlog Grooming sessions, Release planning, Sprint review, Client Demo, Retrospective meetings and Defect Review meetings
- Participated in regular QA Team meetings and discussions
Environment : HP QC, Windows 7, Visual Studio .Net 2010, SQL Server 2010, TFS 2010, SSIS, Silverlight, JSP, IIS Server.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Participated actively in Requirements and Design Reviews and assisted in the development of the test plan
- Designed, implemented and published test plan based on product functional requirements, defined test cases, and test data. Provided testing strategy input and develop deliverables outlining the testing approach
- Running the build verification test cases(BVT) on daily builds.
- Coordinated reviews of project scope, test plan, test cases, test schedules and identified project milestones & risks.
- Verified and validated that tests are conducted and documented according the standards approved by management.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Regression Testing Integration Testing.
- Responsible in conducting UAT (User Acceptance Testing) testing with the end-users.
- Implemented Hybrid automation framework for application.
- Implemented User defined Libraries based on the application
- Identifying the test scenarios from the functionality
- Developing the scripts related to the test scenarios
- Created Common Object Repository
- Implemented Reusable functional using QTP Framework
- Reviewed the automation scripts in both Technical and functional Aspects
- Executed and analyzed the Automation results using QTP.
- Bug/Issue reporting and tracking using Test management tool(Quality center)
- Trouble shooting the QTP issues within the Team
- Develop Complex SQL Queries to check the data integrity on Oracle database. TOAD is used to connect to the database.
- Performed backend testing on Oracle.
Environment: Mercury QTP 9.2, Quality Center 9.0 / Test Director, Java, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2005, WinCMSS, JUnit, Oracle SQL Developer 1.1, TOAD 22.214.171.124
- Analyze business and system requirements, mange development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, and verify bug fixes.
- Understanding the BRDs and analyzing the Functional Specifications.
- Designing test cases using the Black Box Testing Techniques.
- Wrote User Acceptance test cases, System test cases related to the application
- Review of peer test cases.
- Interacted with developers, system engineers, and testing teams to identify applications defects
- Performed Regression testing at various phases of the project
- Performed Retesting when ever new build comes
- Executing test cases, analyzing the results and logging bugs accordingly
- Defect reporting and tracking the defects using Test Director.
- Working with cross functional testing teams and developers and closing the bugs
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates
Environment: Black Box Testing, Test Director, Visual Studio.NET , ASP.NET, C#, PL/SQL, T-SQL, ADO.NET, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000, Windows NT 2000 / 2003 / XP .
- Worked closely with Business Users to gather Requirements and prepare Business Specifications Document.
- Performed Smoke Testing of the application as an entrance criteria for development builds
- Validated the functionality of Web applications .
- Responsibilities include developing requirements Document, developing and executing test cases.
- Worked with the development team to prioritize, assign and resolve bugs through efficient bug tracking.
- Designed and Developed bug databases for various ongoing projects. Complete responsibility for maintaining Bug Database.
- Experience in testing software for Windows Based applications
- Created several Change requests on all Releases and helped build release notes.
- Providing specifications to programmers on appropriate fixes for the various problems encountered.
- Implementing processes in order to increase quality of released products and creating a standard for automation of testing procedures.
- Involved in cross browser testing using Firefox , Chrome and Internet Explorer .
- Conducted system, integration, regression, Beta and UAT testing.