- 7 years of experience in Software QA Testing with various projects, and clients.
- Experience in testing Web Based and Client/Server applications and analyzing documentation.
- Experience in working various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Phases and Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) including Requirement Gathering, Business Analysis, System and Object Oriented Design and Testing.
- Experience in working in Agile, RUP and Waterfall models of SDLC.
- Well versed in Manual and automated testing tools using such as Quick Test Pro, Test Director, Rational Team Test and Mercury Quality Center/HP ALM.
- Experience in working on Web services and SOA Testing with XML, WSDL, and JSON
- Proficient in Manual and Automated testing on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Experience in carrying out Back - End Testing using complex SQL queries.
- Experience in SOAP, XML, API, and UI Testing on Web, SOA, JAVA, ETL based applications
- Experience of all QA Phases including Manual, Functional, System, Integration, End-to-End testing.
- Proficient in creating, reviewing and documenting Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategies and RTM based on client's requirements and related technical documents.
- Experience in using relational databases, MS-SQL Server, My SQL, Oracle, DB2 and MS Access.
- Expert in Functional Testing, GUI Testing, Navigation Testing, Interface Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing, Performance testing and Stress Testing.
- Providing support to the End Users to complete UAT testing and creating UAT test artifacts for both manual and automated testing.
- Experience in testing HIPAA EDI Transactions and EDI tools to verify mapping to X12 format.
- Experience in performing GAP Analysis for HIPPA 4010 and 5010 transactions.
- Experience on … 835, … 276/277 EDI Transactions.
- Experience in working on HIPAA ANSI X12 Transactions …
- Experience in working on ICD-9/ICD-10 and HIPAA … Transaction requirements.
- Expert in usage of defect tracking and reporting by using Quality Center and Jira
- Experience with automated tools such as Selenium and SOAP UI
- Experience in developing Functional Test Automation using Selenium IDE and Junit
- Experience in Facets working with Provider Life cycle, Members Enrollment process, and Claim processing and other data models.
- Experience in involving the test of Facets Implementation, involved in end to end testing of Facets Claims Processing module, Membership and benefits
- Design, maintain and execute Manual and Automated test cases for functional, API and end-to-end tests
- Comprehensive test coverage of unit tests (JUnit) and automated regression test suites
- Ability to work closely with developers and project managers to analyze the new features of the software application.
Testing Tools: QTP, Facets, Selenium IDE, SOAP UI
Bug Reporting Tools: Jira, Quality Center 9.0, Rational Clear Quest, Share Point, ALM 11.0
Scripting Languages: Mercury Test Script Language (TSL), VB Script, C#, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting
Data Bases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, DB2, MySQL
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XHTML, WSDL
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows (7, XP, 2000, NT, 9x), Unix
MS Office Tools: MS Office Suit (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio
GUI Tools: Outlook, Access, Developer 2000
Confidential, El Paso, TXResponsibilities:
- Prepared Test Cases and detailed test procedures using Quality Center for testing the application under test.
- Worked on different Change orders and CCRB in different releases of Confidential Medicaid Project
- Logged Defect in QC and Executed test cases before and after bug fixes for each build
- Wide knowledge of Medicaid Information Technology System ( MITS) Interchange and MITS Portal
- Worked on various environments of MITS ( Model office, UAT, Production )
- Submitted Professional, UB 92 (Inpatient/Outpatient), Dental, Long term care, Xover claims, DRG claims through portal and Encounters and FFS claims through TTG ( Text TXN generator)
- Worked/Tested each and every Claim panels
- Closely worked with the Claim, Reference, Provider, Prior Authorization, Recipient, EDI Teams, Third party liability.
- Worked on Facets to help payers efficiently execute core administrative functions, including claims processing, premium billing and customer service.
- Set up and configure HP ALM (QC) management tool to organize user groups, set standards for requirements, testing and defects reporting.
- Worked with Facets Architects to get in-depth knowledge on Providers life cycle and how can Members and Claims get affected with Providers Network setups.
- Created a Mapping document to map Codes provided by Vendor/Roster/Government owned Facilities to match the codes that are acceptable in Facets.
- Created test scenarios for System testing and Regression testing.
- System Integration testing for MITS core modules with external systems.
- Worked closely with EDI teams to submit claim and verified Flat file and x12 files
- Worked closely with Business Analyst and Developers and Point of contact people in iTrace for discussions with each and every CO's and CCRB assigned
- Research knowledge in iTrace for each and every individual CO's, CCRB and related requirements
- Abundance knowledge of claim Text txn generator (TTG)
- Attended the mandatory HIPPA Compliance Training for Confidential Medicaid Project.
- Involved in Manual testing of MITS application from R 12.0 to R 14.0
- Attended the state weekly meetings to discuss on status of defects and projects.
- Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the work.
- Helped new hires to set up their work and provided walkthrough in their assignments and brought them to pace with the ongoing releases.
Environment: HP ALM 11.0, Facets, QTP, VB Script, Oracle, SQL, iTrace, Windows 7, 8, Selenium IDE, XML, HTML, MS Project
Confidential, Greenwood Village, COResponsibilities:
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios according to the Business Requirements Documents.
- Participated in requirements design document reviews.
- Involved in testing the claims conversion from Mainframe to Facets.
- Developed and executed Test Cases and followed-up defects using Quality Center.
- Generated X12 834 and X12 270 test data specific to the scope of test.
- Involved in 5010 837 EDI transactions following the HIPAA compliance EDI standard format of X12.
- Involved in 5010 835 EDI transactions following the HIPAA compliance EDI standard format of X12.
- Tested New Requirements for 5010 834 Transactions following the HIPPA compliance EDI Standard format of X12.
- Tested Regression EDI834 Transactions following the HIPPA compliance EDI Standard of X12.
- Reported issues during testing by using Quality Center (QC) and entering defects with correct terminology and Standards and attended defect meetings.
- Involved in Up-gradation of HIPAA X12 4010 transactions to HIPAA X12 5010 and ICD-9-CM to ICD-10.
- Run new EDI file, extract results, compare to baseline validation files, identify discrepancies, and update Quality Center.
- Involved in 5010 270/271 transactions testing thru HP Gateway.
- Tested Prior Authorization, Benefits Administration and Provider Test Cases/Test Scripts.
- Analyzed the Facets Requirements and conducted gap analysis.
- Conducted business validations, covered the deliverables including Facets Providers, Facets Claims and Facets
- Membership and Coordinating test efforts; ensuring adequate product testing prior to implementation.
- Involved in System Testing, Smoke Testing, Release Management Testing, End to End Testing, Production Volume System Testing (PVS Testing) for X12 834 Transactions.
- Administered problem management process, including monitoring and reporting on problem resolutions.
- Documented and communicated test results and status in the Team Status meeting.
- Utilized project management methodologies to develop project deliverables.
- Conducted testing on the integrated application environment and process flows and covered both functional and non-functional testing.
Environment: Facets 4.7.1, Payer Solutions, EAI/TIBCO Servers, HP Gateway, Toad for Oracle 9.7.2, Soap UI, iGATE, QTP, Share Point, MS Visio, Jira
Confidential, Watertown, MAResponsibilities:
- Participated in analyzing system requirements and created detailed Test Plans.
- Tested the interface between database and the application.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for verifying backend data integration with health care finance application data captured in UI.
- Automated Claims & Members screens in Facets & QNXT using QTP.
- Processed claims in Facets & QNXT and verified 835X12's are generated and sent to Provider.
- Processed 837P, 837I & 837D transactions, verified those 837 transactions converted correctly to XML file format & XC keyword file format and verified the claims data loaded to Facets & QNXT for further processing.
- Enrolled members through online screens and 834 transactions to Facets & QNXT.
- Tested the portal application to make sure the claims, members are loading to Facets & QNXT
- Executed Functional, Integration and Regression testing of the application using QTP.
- Creation and Execution of Test Scripts using QTP and analyze results including black box and regression testing.
- Used Various Checkpoints, Output Values to check values of an object in QTP.
- Retrieved records from multiple tables from Oracle Database by using different joins using Toad, and performed backend testing using QTP.
- Worked on Unix Platform and experienced in back-end testing by executing SQL Queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to back-end and used SQL Queries to extract the data from the database.
- Retrieved files using SQL statements and UNIX commands.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix and Test Matrix.
- Created and maintained SQL Queries for back-end testing.
- Maintained various versions of Test Scripts.
- Performed Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing.
- Generated defect and bug reports using Quality Center.
Environment: Quality Center, Facets, QTP, Windows XP, UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server Management Studio
Confidential, San Jose, CAResponsibilities:
- Analyzed Business and Functional specifications and interacted with Business analyst for formulation of test Plan, test cases and test scripts for the Functional, Regression and Smoke testing.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from the functional requirement document and scheduled the test case execution.
- The project was based on Agile Scrum SDLC Methodology.
- Performed both manual as well as automated testing.
- Involved in testing Inbound/Outbound response transactions, such as the 271, 277, and 278 against original request transaction (270, 276, and 278)
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, System testing, Integration and Security during testing phases.
- Involved in testing claim (270/271, 837, 276, 277) to make sure application is transferring data accordingly.
- Created the Automation Test Plan and extensively used QTP for creating scripts for functional and regression testing of various features of the application.
- Created the test bed and gathered test data to facilitate the creation and implementation of a Data Driven test automation framework.
- Wrote numerous library files and reusable actions and parameterized them for running the scripts repeatedly for different data values.
- Tested automated batch processing jobs, running in numerous development, test and production environments and reported results of the same.
- Participated in validating the data manipulating and updating the table using SQL for Database Integrity Testing.
- Used the HP Quality Center (QC) defect tracking system, to report and analyze defects during the entire testing process.
- Communicated testing progress to Business and Project Management team; setup meetings with project managers and other senior members on the project to prioritize testing strategies and Exit Criteria for various testing cycles.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, MS-SQL Server, QTP, HP Quality Center, Oracle
Confidential, Philadelphia, PAResponsibilities:
- Design and execute Test Plans and Test Cases, generate Test Scripts and Test scenarios.
- Prepared Test cases, according to the business specification and wrote test scripts and maintained them.
- Prepared proper documentation with reference to company policy
- Implemented the whole life cycle of QA methodology starting from planning, capturing, creating, executing reporting and tracking the defects using Test Director.
- Performed Functionality using Quick Test Pro.
- Involved in the Review of Requirements Specification with functional manager and technical specialists of the application
- Designed, Communicated, and enhanced QA testing plan for the application.
- Connected to SQL Plus in UNIX and created and executed complex SQL queries.
- Performed back-end testing by extensively using SQL commands to verify the database integrity.
- Performed back-end testing for reusability by writing UNIX Shell Scripts and using Quick Test Pro
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and UNIX Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Performed Manual and Automated testing on UNIX environment.
- Manually performed User Acceptance Testing of Facets implementation.
- Work as a Data analyst to set Facets data in Claims Processing, Members/Subscribers, Groups, Billing for different testing efforts.
- Extensively involved in Batch testing of claims submission.
- Conducted System, Integrated and Regression testing to the application.
- Performed Sanity and Smoke testing on the application manually.
- Wrote and Enhanced test cases and test scripts to meet new functional requirements as per the new business requirements.
- Involved in creation and maintenance of Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix.
- Conducted Security Test on the application manually.
- Manually Conducted Positive and Negative testing.
- Analyzed test results using reports and graphs generated in Test Director
- Worked on Test Director in setting up and Customizing Project entities for Defect Module Screens.
- Walkthrough on all of test cases.
Environment: Quick Test Pro, Test Director, Facets, Windows XP, C++, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, Manual Testing.