- Successful, progressive experience as QA (quality assurance) leader, programmer, analyst on client server & web applications across wide - ranging business & technical environments.
- Highlights: Lead / Sr. Software Test Analyst at DSCI avoiding $1M+ in bad customer costs by eradicating software bugs in FDM & AGEAR applications;
- Principal Software QA Specialist at Confidential managing 4 staff on FDM, AGEAR, WCMS, BI Applications projects.
- Dynamic leader & team player.
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities: skilled at communicating, influencing, negotiating, facilitating, presenting & getting others excited about implementing new ideas.
Languages: VBScript, Silk 4Test Language, C, C++, SQL, VB, HTML, Java, Python, shell scripting, PL/SQL, T-SQL, XML.
Testing: UFT, QTP, SilkTest, JMeter, Quality Center, Bug Genie, JIRA, Test Director, Visio.
Databases: Oracle 10g / 9i / 8i / 7.3, SQLBase, MS SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012.
O/S: Windows 10/Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / NT / 95 / 98, UNIX, MS-DOS, Linux.
Software: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), VSS, LoadRunner, SharePoint, Business Objects, SVN, DevOps, GitHub, Jenkins, DOORS, ClearQuest
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Designed and Implemented Test Automation Strategy
- Analyzed Test Cases and Functional Specifications to determine test cases/areas for automation
- Created Automation Test plan
- Developed Custom Libraries
- Ability to code around unrecognized Objects and Controls
- Integrated QTP/UFT scripts into QC
- Configured UFT/QTP Tool, Object Identification and global settings
- Created, stored, organized, and managed Test Automation resources
- Executed scripts during functional and regression testing
- Updated scripts as per new changes to functionality
- Used debugging feature during scripting for spotting and fixing the coding issues
- Organized, monitored defect management process
- Maintained Shared Object Repository
- Used Dynamic Programming to for Object recognition issues
- Found solutions and fixed object identification issues and error handling issues
- Coordinated with team members and development team for solving issues
- Interacted with PM, development team and Business Analysts
- Used Quality Center for storing scripts, defects creation and tracking defects
- Developed many public and private procedures, and functions
- Used VB script for developing scripts
- Worked on both Web and Windows applications
- Mentored Junior members of the team
- Ability to develop Automation Frameworks
- Ability to develop complex queries for backend and Data Migration testing
- Created manual test cases for some features and executed various manual test plans for various regression builds
Lead / Sr. Software Test Analyst
Confidential, Eatontown, NJResponsibilities:
- Avoided $1M+ in bad customer costs by identifying software bugs in FDM & AGEAR applications.
- Led QA & test process for test case / scenario & script development, execution, bug-tracking (HP Quality Center & Bug Genie).
- Worked on risk assessment, contingency planning—plus gauging progress, issues & resources.
- Contributed at review meetings; evaluated business, functional, technical, UI requirements for all releases.
- Led test team driving test cases for system, functional, performance, integration, data migration, GUI, regression & 508 testing. Evaluated deliverables, defects, results created. Resolved issues of internal & external team members.
- Collaborated with infrastructure teams installing builds on multiple platforms & environments; Architect, DBA & Sys Administrators on performance test-script execution; Development & Business Analyst teams to reproduce scenarios during tests: captured logs, formulated root cause analysis.
- Guided test team on automation, defect tracking & other test support tools. Identified & enacted process improvements.
- Published on SharePoint regarding test planning, defects & execution via HP Quality Center, Bug Genie reports.
- Advised on designs, functional requirements, designs, timelines, potential risks. Assisted with migration testing & data validation using SQL queries. Developed performance test scripts using JMeter.
- Communicated senior management’s expectations during planning & delivery of releases.
- Collaborated at project team meetings, carried out test case review meetings. Updated metrics weekly & at project- / phase-end.
- Functioned as critical member of software development team. Led creation & execution of QA / QC methodologies adhering to corporate standards, customer needs, federal guidelines.
- Assigned work to junior members, reviewed their work and mentored new members.
Software QA Specialist
Confidential, Red Bank, NJResponsibilities:
- Crafted test scenarios & plans, discovered test cases, executed test plans, gathered & authenticated results vs. requirements documents. Built, updated traceability between requirements & test cases.
- Devised scenarios & test cases on change management tickets. Reviewed production issues.
- Built SCRs & tracked via Quality Center. Produced SQL Queries, executed in backend & data migration testing.
- Assisted with, carried out functional, system, regression, data verification, security, 508 Compliance & smoke testing.
- Created, maintained QTP scripts for regression suites. Ran using QTP (QuickTestProfessional).
- Wrote, maintained JMeter Performance Testing scripts. Delivered test status reports & matrices.
- Implemented private & public functions. Sustained object repository for regression suite.
- Aided in walkthroughs, review, status & miscellaneous meetings. Estimated resources, set timelines.
- Helped Developers & Business Analysts during analysis. Maintained & administered QC tool. Advised on process improvements. Developed & maintained JMeter performance test scripts.
- Assigned work to junior members & reviewed work. Mentored new members.
Confidential, New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Created test scenarios & plans, discovered test cases, executed test plans, gathered test results & validated results vs. requirement documents guaranteeing completeness, accuracy.
- Crafted scenarios & test cases for change management & Remedy tickets (production issues). Assisted with production issues
- Completed black box & functional testing to confirm bugs & defects. Created & executed SQL Queries for backend testing.
- Teamed with Product Management & Development to formulate clients’ needs & functional issues. Finished, used test plans. Ran total testing cycles for extensive releases, managed hot fixes for FDC Gift Card products.
- Tested Java-based gift card applications (originally designed in MS platform: ASP & Oracle; evaluated new GUI features to validate increased productivity plus application security. Created, ran GUI test cases plus matrices.
Product Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Roseland, NJResponsibilities:
- Led integration & automation of functional & GUI test plans. Built, executed manual / automated test plans.
- Developed, transformed, tracked automation scripts for projects using SilkTest.
- Teamed with business analysts on script development. Led process & functional coverage, liaised with teams & managers.
- Launched PC Payroll & HR Perspective on Oracle, SQLBase & operating systems; plus, scripts for US & Canada versions. Built & executed system & acceptance tests. Drove database testing via DBTester.
- Tracked & reported automation & manual testing bugs using Tracker (Windows), eTracker (web).
- Conducted acceptance testing by installing client server applications on lab machines. Tested for web-based applications after environment was deployed on QA environments.
Confidential, Princeton, NJResponsibilities:
- Envisioned, created test plans for business functions, and handled manual backend testing for validation via SQL queries.
- Collaborated with developers to fix issues. Executed functional & system testing, updated client data, produced reports.
- Transformed, updated policyholder database. Sent queries for production reports, ran applications, supported users.
- Led end-to-end testing ensuring release functions met acceptance criteria across frontend, middle ware, backend systems. Assisted in requirements & design reviews. Maneuvered files via UNIX, VI Editor.
- Authenticated defects & change requests via defect tracking & reporting system Teamtrack for software, systems.