- Over 6+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and software testing.
- Extensive work experience on Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, smoke testing, Black Box testing and Back End testing
- Experienced in developing Test Cases using business requirement documents and design documents
- Testing expertise includes functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, compatibility testing, POS, EMV Card reader testing etc.
- Performed Manual and Automated Testing on both Client - Server and Web-based applications
- Extensive experience in manual and automated testing using QTP/UFT and QC/ALM
- Experience working with SDLC, Agile, scrum and QA methodologies apart of traditional Waterfall Model
- Exposure to Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT to support test automation using potential features like Data Driven Tests, Check Points, Functions, Framework
- Experience in working with many external applications like Notepad, Excel, IE, MS word etc through QTP by creating instances.
- Extensive experience in functional testing, GUI testing, integration testing, regression testing, back-end testing, browser compatibility testing
- Extremely knowledgeable in working with Agile, Waterfall environment
- Experience in Writing Test Cases, Traceability Matrix and Test Reports for both manual and automated testing for UAT testing.
- Strong experience in functional and UAT testing on both platforms as well as cross platform web testing on all major web browsers (Such as Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE)
- Expertise in automating test cases with QTP/UFT using VB scripts.
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking using bug tracking Tool QC/ALM
- Excellent understanding of Software development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software testing life cycle (STLC)
- Good experience performing Database Testing using SQL Queries and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and Projects and work independently as well as in a team. Excellent Mentor to my team members.
- Expertise writing test cases in Rally
- Experience in writing SQL queries, Analysis of Defect Severity, Defect Tracking Defect Reporting in Quality Center.
- Expertise in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Daily Scrum
- Quick learner, Self-motivated, Strong Analytical skills and a great Team Player
Testing Tools: QTP/UFT, SOAP UI
Defect Tracking Tool: HP ALM/QC, JIRA
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Internet technologies: HTML,XML, MS Office
Languages: VBScript, SQL
Databases: RDBMS, MS/SQL Server
Operating System : Windows 7/XP/2003/2000, Ubuntu, AIX, RHEL
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Windows, Android
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Performed Manual testing prior to Automated Testing of the application.
- Worked on EMV and Point to Point encryption project for POS.
- Attending agile meetings and working on monthly sprint backlog items and updating the activities in Microsoft TFS.
- Created Master Test plan, Test strategy, critical scenarios, Test Scripts and schedule for testing. Analyze the Product backlogs and Sprints using Agile Methodology
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Documentation (BRD) to gain understanding of POS implementation.
- Performed Backend/SQL Test for Insert, Update, and Functions.
- Experienced in Defect Management, including analyzing and reporting Defects/bugs using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Product Studio, escalating high priority defects, and interacting with developers and team members in fixing bugs, and validating the fixes.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to Oracle database for backend/frontend comparative analysis i.e., to check the correctness of the data stored in the database.
- Tested different functions of the POS system like scanning, payments and returns.
- Enhanced the automated Regression Scripts and conducted Data Driven Testing.
- Worked in Agile Scrum development environment with frequently changing requirements and features.
- Experience in retail credit card, debit card and EMV Transactions and its interacts with various POS systems, devices, test tools.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL queries to access the main database.
- Executed appropriate tests (some manually and some in QTP) to ensure the application and integrating systems perform to the expected specifications and analyzed test results.
- Map functional requirements to test cases and provide the traceability Matrix from QA prospective.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security.
- Involved in managing issues and resolution tracking for every EMV rollout release and Communicate issues found during testing and propose recommendation where appropriate.
- Reported and managed software defects using Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Functional, System-Integration testing, Regression testing, White and Black Box testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Responsible for creating and executing test cases to ensure correct functionality of a retail store system in the areas of POS.
Environment: Waterfall, Quality Center/ALM, TFS, Windows, POS, Service Now MS SQL Server, EMV, Jira, Excel, HTML, SQL server, MS Office, Agile.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Performed complete User Acceptance or End-to-End testing activities
- Involved in analyzing System Requirement specifications, Design, Development and Execution of Test cases for Manual and automated testing
- Wrote Test cases in Quality Center and executed the test cases in Quality Center
- Worked with SQL queries for data verifications in Oracle database
- Identified defects and monitored resolution via defect tracking tool Quality Center
- Analysis of application requirements and entering of requirements into HP Quality Center
- Performed the existing QTP scripts and analyzing the results
- Worked on airline reservation channel management and flight related operations such as flight scheduling, crew scheduling, flight operations (FOS).
- Performed Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against SQL database.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix for the Test Cases to track Business Requirement changes
- Performed Functional, System and Regression testing for every cycle
- Used QTP for Regression testing of the application to ensure that the submission and approval process of the adding/changing products, checkout and payment as intended
- Participated in browser compatibility testing and web testing across multiple browsers
- Tested by giving input to the SOAP request through SOAP UI toll and validated the responses by executing queries against the database
- Developed Test cases for payment methods
- Assisted in development of test plan for payment methods
- Performed Ad-hoc testing and Comparison testing
- Used Quality center as Test Management, Defect tracking tool and also executed automated QTP test scripts from Quality Center
Environment: QC, QTP, Windows 7, VBScript, SQL, SOAP UI
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test cases for Functional testing.
- Created parameterization tests by importing data from excel files and data tables in QTP.
- Worked on SOAP UI tool for validating the XML request and responses.
- Performed manual and automated test procedures for functional testing of Web Services using SoapUI 2.5.
- Used Descriptive Programming for the Automation testing QTP/UFT.
- Developed automated Test Scripts in QTP using VBScript for Regression Testing.
- Test plan and test execution using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server (TFS) for managing Backlog, Tasking, Tracking and Requirement traceability.
- Conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing with manual testing.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to effectively manage the product life cycle.
- Used HP Quality Center (QC/ALM) and JIRA for reserving, executing test cases, defect tracking, and the complete test management
- Worked with developers to fix bugs Using JIRA.
- Analyzed test results, identified issues and reported it to developers & project manager through JIRA.
- Tested Web Services using SoapUI
- Created manual Test Cases in HP QC/HP ALM for various User Stories based on Release & Sprint plan
- Use MTM tool to execute test cases daily basis.
- Defect logging & retest and Test lifecycle management through HP ALM
- Report bugs using MTM/TFS and create/monitor bug resolution efforts and track success
- Well in testing of the Web Services using the SOAPUI and SOA testing tool
- Analyzed modules and designed test scenarios and test scripts in Linux environment.
- Extensively used automated test tools like QTP (Quick Test Pro Automation execution) 11.0 for Functional and Regression Testing.
Environment: QTP/UFT, JIRA, SOAP UI, XML, TFS, MTM, Linux, Web Services, HP Quality Center (QC/ALM).
Confidential, Bronx, NY
- Involved in Business Requirements Analysis meeting and worked on test plan document.
- Analyzed Business Requirements (BR) and Application design documents and created Traceability Matrix interlinking the test requirements and test cases
- Involved in claims submission and payment (remittance) retrievals by using ASCX12N 820 for the In- bound premium payments; ASC x12N 834 for the Inbound Enrollment and Maintenance; ASCX12 276/277 for the claims status enquiry and response; and ASC X12 835 for the Health care Claim Payments.
- Responsible for attaining HIPAA EDI validation from Medicare, Medicaid and other payers of government carriers. The Claims were processed, co-pay is calculated, and the pricing is calculated using the IBM systems for both Retail and Direct Claims processing flow
- Was Responsible in finding the eligibility of the members and filing claims for the States Disability Insurance benefits for both short term disability who are not eligible for the Social security benefits and for the Long term disability customers who are qualified under Social security plan for the payment of benefits as a result or injury
- Worked in Agile development environment and participated in the Test Plan and Test Strategy creation.
- Attended sprint plan meetings every two weeks to review the user stories and daily SCRUM meetings.
- Wrote Manual Test cases on Functional and Business requirements.
- Extensively used Quality Center for Test planning, Bug tracking, and Reporting.
- Designed and Developed the Automation Test Scripts using QTP
- Reviewed the Test Reports.
- Developed Test cases using QC.
- Execution of QC test suite and developed reports and reported defects.
- Involved in Retesting and Regression Testing using QTP
- Conducted the Smoke testing to check the High level functionality of the application.
- Expertise and experience in performing different kinds of testing like Functional, GUI, Integration, Backend, Regression and System Testing.
- Participated in Weekly meetings and walk through to discuss Defect Priorities.
- Prioritized the defects and the severity levels using Quality Center and discussed with the developers to resolve the issues.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Windows XP, Oracle, SQL, Agile, Toad, Linux, Putty, Web Services, HTML, MS Office.