- Excellent experience in Software Quality Assurance (QA Testing) .
- Involved in Complete Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Good experience in Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- Has good understanding of a successful software development program including Unit Testing, API testing, Manual/Automated testing, Software functional requirements/User Stories, Code Design/Review, and Defect Management.
- Extensively worked as a QA Analyst in Web applications, Client Server Applications and Database Systems for different software domains.
- Expertise in testing various applications developed in Java, .net, Oracle and C++.
- Well versed in analysing Requirements, System Specifications, Use - Cases and Technical specifications.
- Tested WebServices /XML / SOAP and RESTFul services using SoapUI tool.
- Validated WSDL, request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Experience in writing Test Plan, Test Cases for Web and Client/Server applications.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good experience in SQL queries and Joins Executing Shell script in UNIX / Linux.
- Experience in GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Data Driven Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Experience in Black Box testing.
- Experience in testing WebServices using SoapUI tool, validating WSDL, request and response xml.
- Good at bug-reporting and bug-tracking using Test Management tools like Quality Center, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, VersionOne and JIRA.
- Proficient in test execution and management of testing defects.
Testing environment/Tools: TOAD, HP QTP/UFT, HP Quality Center/ ALM, VBScript, Web Services, Putty, SoapUI, Version one, Microsoft Test Manager, TFS, ExamDiff, JIRA, Developer tools
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, VB.net, SQL, XML, HTML
Database: Oracle, MS Access
OS: Windows XP/2000, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Test Analyst
- In Agile environment, attended daily standup meetings, reviewed user stories.
- Filed and tracked defects using JIRA.
- Created Test Data for QA and UAT.
- Followed Agile/Scrum Methodologies for all of the project activities.
- Involved in Sprint planning test execution activities, defect reporting and analyzing use cases/test metrics.
- Defect reporting and analyzing use cases.
- Designed and Developed Test plan based on BRD and User Stories.
- Developed and Executed Test Cases in VersionOne Tool.
- Tested all modules - Patient Management, Doctor, Admin and Insurance Claims.
- Validated HIPPA rules.
- Validated the connection and data between Admin web services and Insurance claims web services.
- Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, Group By clause, having clause etc. to validate the data using TOAD and UFT.
- Executed automation test scripts using HP Quality Center (ALM).
- Involved in test automation Framework using UFT.
- Developed test scripts and function libraries using VBScript.
- Filed and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center (ALM).
- Developed and executed test cases for EWS (Enterprise Web Services) /XML / SOAP using SoapUI tool and RESTFul services using UFT tool.
- Updated WSDL file as needed for Endpoint, Tested request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Added Property Transfer in SoapUI tool to transfer the values from one response XML to another request XML.
- Added checkpoints to validate the response headers.
- Validated reports by executing SQL queries and compared the data using File comparison tool ExamDiff.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in ETL Testing (Data is extracted from flat files, multiple databases and transferred to target database. Validated the data as per the Mapping Documents.
- Tested Mobile version of the application.
- Prepared daily/ weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Used putty tool to access server logs.
- Dig into the root cause of the issue.
- Worked as a Data Analyst for a data management project for client Confidential .
- Responsible in the development of the SharePoint site using SharePoint 2007 and migrating to SharePoint 2010.
- Responsibility involved in development of the site and understanding the business process, implementation and support of InfoPath 2010 forms, and Workflow enhancements.
- Responsible for administering HSSE(Health, Safety, Security and Environment) tracking system, involving in uploading new risk actions into the system for various projects to document every step of the safety issues from clients like Confidential, and ExxonMobil.
- Worked as a business analyst to create software requirements and flow charts to create new applications and modify existing applications.
- Worked as a web developer for a non-profit organization using PHP and MySQL with Apache Platform.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and enhancement of the Action Tracking System website for HSE (Health and Safety) system using ASP.Net application with VB.Net and SQL server 2005 database. The tracking system which tracks and reports action items of multiple projects at the same time from various clients. Features included as automatic email notifications to users about pending issues, and provide reports to clients and managers on company status, manager status, and alert reports.
- Coordinated application requests, prioritization and business communication with clients from overseas.
- Responsible for Unit and System testing.
- Knowledgeable in relational database design and construction.
SQL Reports Designer
- Proficient in designing SQL reports based on company needs and client needs, and posted in the Reports Manager.
- Involved in FileNet (A framework for developing custom enterprise systems by IBM) support and training.
- Involved in Fusion (An updated enterprise systems which uses FileNet in the backend) support and training.
- Responsible for 3rd party support on the HSE Tracking System.
- Active member of the Toastmasters International club.
- Involved in the early development of the company. Responsibility includes in design, develop and maintain customer information database using Access database with SQL 2000 and Visual Basic coding.
- Responsible in software development including system study, analysis and design of the application.
- Created logical and physical design of reports.
- Developed web pages using VB Script, Java Script, ASP, and XML.
- Implemented ASP components.
- Involved in system testing and maintenance of projects.
- Involved in website designing for the KIOSK systems which were located in various Hotels and Restaurants around the city of Houston and Los Angeles area.
- Designed, developed and deployed web sites for media kiosks.
- Gathered, analyzed and prepared customer requirements specifications.
- Developed web user controls and various reports for profit and loss analysis.
- Used t-charts and data grid to display data.
- Used MS Access, Visual Basic, FrontPage, Photoshop, Dream Weaver, Java Script, and CSS.