- System administrator with 7+ years of extensive experience in UNIX System Administration in IBM AIX (4.x/5.x/6.x/7.1), Sun Solaris 8/9, Red Hat Linux and Win NT/2000 Servers.
- Strong in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading, Migration, Backups, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Performance & Tuning and Disaster Recovery of AIX RS 6000 and P-series systems.
- Proficient in Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM) on P-series systems including P570, P590, P595, P520 and 650, 670, 690.
- Experience working with JFS, JFS2, NFS File systems (AIX)
- Extensively experienced with various methods of AIX Installation/Migration using Network Installation Manager (NIM).
- Experience with NIM trouble shooting and configuration.
- Experienced in creating maintaining and managing LPARS with HMC console.
- Adept with working on both VIO clients and VIO servers.
- Experience in setting up a virtualized environment from scratch.
- Worked with installation, configuration and support of Oracle 9i & 10g, DB2, Websphere, and SAP.
- Worked on Configuring NPIV for configuring NetApp storage for a p570 power6.
- Proficient in Backup utilities, Restoring, Cloning, Mirroring, installing patches, fixes, device drivers, latest softwares-home grown or third party
- Experience in configuring network interfaces.
- Strong in Documentation practices and preparing Company Specific Procedures for various UNIX and related tasks.
- Experience in Shell scripting (bash, ksh) to automate system administration jobs.
- Creation and configuration of Logical Partitions LPARs VIOC and VIOS using Hardware Management Console (HMC).
- Good knowledge of IBM Blade center.
- Good working knowledge of Nortel switches.
- Experience in Setting up NIM servers and clients for New & Complete Overwrite / Migration Installation management
- Installed and Configured HACMP clusters in test environments.
- Performed HACMP failover and failback.
- Experience in setting up network environment using NFS, NIS and LDAP.
- Proficient in archiving and backups. Using tar, pax, restore and backup commands, mksysb for root volume group backup and savevg for user created volume groups backup.
- Extensive Experience in AIX System Dump Generation.
- Installed and configured Tivoli Storage Management server on Windows 2000 that serves both Windows and UNIX machines.
- Effective communication skills backed with excellent technical aptitude and strong ability to interact clients efficiently.
- Managed the spare part inventory, created and resolved trouble tickets, and scheduled multiple hardware repairs and also dealt with service calls.
- Bachelor of Technology
IBM AIX (4.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3,6.1,7.1), Linux (Red hat), HP-UX, Solaris, Windows 03/00/NT4.0.
IBM RS/6000, IBM Blade center , JS20, JS21, HS20, p6-550/p6-570 and p5-595/p5590/p570/p550/p520/p55A/p505/p620/p650/p 655/p670/p690,, SUN Enterprise 450.
Apache Http Server, IIS 4.0/5.0. Tivoli Management Framework (TMF), Tivoli Enterprise Console (TEC), Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), NetBackup
Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB2, MS SQL SERVER 7.0/2000.
TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, and LA
LPAR, NIM, TSM IBM tape libraries.
Confidential,Mesa, AZ. Aug 2010 – June 2012
System Administration (LINUX - AIX)
• Responsible for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Solaris 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.3, 6.1,7.1 servers.
• Responsible for installing AIX on IBM p-series 520/530/550/570 power 6,power 7.
• Responsible for the operation, maintenance and integrity of a distributed, networked Solaris,AIX based environment.
• IBM RS/6000 SP System Software Maintenance, AIX System Dump Generation and sending System Dump to AIX System Support Center.
• Expertise in NIM installation, setting up NIM servers, clients, define various NIM resources like lpp source, spot, mksysb, image.data, bosinst.data.
• Responsible for Designing SAN architecture, monitoring SAN disk.
• Responsible for Alternate Disk Migration with NIM.
• Maintained system backup’s mksysb, mkdvd savevg and savevgcd.
• Responsible for building VIO servers, VIO server configuration on IBM Power 6 Frames.
• Worked on VERITAS File System, VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS Cluster Server.
• AIX System Administration using SMIT.
• Installed AIX on IBM BladeCenter JS22,JS42 server via NIM.
• Setup and configured network TCP/IP on Solaris and AIX servers.
• Responsible for installation and configuration of HACMP.
• Extensive use of VERITAS Cluster Services, Installation of VCS, Defining Resource Groups, Vxfs.
• Responsible for Cluster Node Management in Fail over scenarios, Fail over testing.
• Configured, Failover tested, maintained various SAP applications and resources in a Highly available environment.
• Experienced in Backup of Cluster nodes, Switching Cluster resources and Applications.
• Experience in Multi Partitioning and Server Virtualization.
• Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NIS/NIS+, NFS, DNS, NTP, NetApps, Nagios, F5 BigIP Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client’s requirement.
• Experience in administration configuration of Web logic Administration
• Logical Volume Management (LVM) of AIX.
• Predefined and Customized Volume Group management on AIX.
• Disk Management on AIX using SMIT.
• Disk Replacement Strategy on AIX.
• Performance Management & Tuning of AIX /UNIX Kernel.
• Managing cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
• Experienced in Installing Tivoli Access Manager V 22.214.171.124, V 126.96.36.199, Monitoring of resources on TEPS.
• Experience in Administrating Tivoli Storage Manager.
• SAP Software installation and maintenance.
• Security, Disaster Recovery, users and groups administration.
• Networking service, performance, & resource monitoring.
Confidential,Scottsdale, AZ. Apr 2009 – Jun 2010
AIX/UNIX System Administrator
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining AIX servers including the logical partitioning on pSeries 550, 570, 595 servers.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and integrity of a distributed, networked AIX based environment
- Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NIS/NIS+, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client’s requirement.
- Expertise in disk mirroring, file system management, logical volume management, network management in AIX.
- Installed VIO server Advanced POWER Virtualization on IBM P5 System. Assigned resources by making six partitions LPAR client of VIO server and clients Installation.
- Installed and configured VIO server via HMC. Worked on configuring NetAPP storage using NPIV.
- Build two node active-active and active passive HACMP clusters
- Build LPAR, DLPAR resources for IBM pseries servers.
- Applying software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current.
- Installed and configured two node HACMP Clusters.
- Migrated HACMP 4.3.1/4.5 to HACMP 5.1 using Node-by-Node migration without changing the cluster setup.
- Experience in analyzing logs, problem determination, and Recovery and restart.
- Worked closely with DBAs to install raid, disk areas for Oracle database instance installations, created Bourne shell database startup and shutdown scripts for UNIX servers.
- Wrote shell scripts for automated installations, to extract logs.
- Monitoring system performance and check the status of the system using utilities such as TOPAS, GLANCE, NMON, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, etc.
- Configuring networks on the adapters using smitty mktcpip and smitty chinet.
- Experience in Shell scripting (bash, ksh) to automate system administration jobs including scripts to perform data backups and data recovery.
- Installation and configuration of NFS.
- Configuring and administration of NIM server and NIM client.
- Shell programming for application management, performance and security monitoring including their maintenance.
Confidential,Atlanta, GA. Sep 2007 – Feb 2009
- Setup and Configuration of IBM 595,570,550,520,650,610 machines for production, staging and test environments
- Maintain and schedule company backups and participate in disaster recovery planning and testing SAN configuration, Zoning on Fiber Channel Switches, load balancing the network.
- Configuring CISCO firewalls for filtering and packet capturizing.
- Creating and managing virtual LPARS on power5 systems partitioning pSeries server and performing DLPAR.
- Hands on experience on pSeries LPARS and DLPARS definition.
- Building and administrating VIO server and LPAR clients.
- Perform installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, and upgrade of IBM p-series hardware.
- Performed common system administration task including adding users, creating file systems, configuring volumes weekly mksysb.
- Planned and implemented HACMP 5.1 clusters supporting several oracle instances.
- Performed day-to-day administration tasks like User Management, Space Monitoring, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, alert log monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Daily roles included dealing with LVM extensively. Strong hold of LVM.
- Migrated AIX 5.3 with HACMP 5.1 to HACMP 5.2 (online).
- Built, decommissioned, configured and monitored 2 node HACMP 5.2 clusters.
- Used Perl v5 for systems tasks as well as C and Korn shell scripting.
- Daily tasks included dealing with AIX side of SAN. Like troubleshooting Fiber card adapter, replacing Fiber card adapters, configuring LUN’s back.
- Performed cluster management on the servers using VERITAS Cluster Server 2.0 & 3.5 and VERITAS volume manager 4.0 administrations.
- Installation and Configuration of IBM Websphere server 6.1 and solved issues in Websphere server.
- Configured Work Load Management (WLM) for IBM Websphere Application Server.
- Administered and performed performance tuning on IBM Web sphere Application Server that includes JVM profiling, work load management, connection pooling and thread pool.
- Responsible for performance tuning of AIX systems, applying upgrades to AIX (current version 4.3.x to upgrade 5.2).
- Planning and coordinating activities related to upgrades and maintenance on the systems.
- Monitor and maintain the SAN directors, disk space, backup systems and tape libraries and Implement change controls, capacity planning and growth projections on the systems.
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on AIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, and print servers to insure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
- Dealing with user id deletion with removing entries from CRONTAB.
- Developed Korn and Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Installed and configured EMC disk subsystem.
- Developed shell scripts using Perl, awk for automation of Systems administrative tasks.
- Performing Failovers in HACMP / cluster environment, monitoring servers
- Configured Work Load Management (WLM) for IBM Websphere 6.1 Application Server.
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on UNIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, and print servers to insure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
- Backing up AIX servers using mksysb and ADSM/TSM using IBM 3494 automatic Tape Libraries and recovering.
- Installed and configured Sudo for users to access the root privileges.
- Installed application connectivity software to enable IBM print services.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySql database, and firewalls in both development and production.
- Write and Maintain shell scripts to automate the system administration tasks.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux 5.0 for the development team.
- Installed the EMC Storage Servers (Clariion CX600) and Navisphere agent on the server and migrated data from Fast storage to the EMC storage.
Confidential,Arkansas, AR Aug 2006 – Jul 2007
- Worked as Unix Administrator in IT infrastructure environment providing server administration, application administration and automation solutions to support business objectives.
- Provided UNIX infrastructure, operations and support for IBM RS/6000 (7026-M80) servers and pSeries servers running IBM AIX 4.3.3, 5.1, 5.2.
- Installed and performed health checks for various versions of IBM storage subsystems like DS3200, DS3300, DS3400, and EXP3000 using the IBM DS3000 Storage Manager software.
- Performed installation, periodic maintenance updates and applied APAR fixes.
- Responsible for performance tuning of AIX systems, applying upgrades to AIX (current version 4.3.x to upgrade 5.2).
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Maintained availability, increased capacity & performance of production machines by upgrading their hardware (disks, cpu, memory, io board, power cooling unit, mother board etc) & firmware.
- Maintained system security protecting the data on the system by modifying the file and directory permission. Analyzed system performance, Reallocated of kernel resources.
- Performed process automation, scheduling of processes using CRON jobs.
- Implement, install and support high availability cluster on IBM RS6000 and pSeries platform (HACMP for AIX).
- IBM RS/6000 SP System Software Maintenance AIX System Dump Generation and sending System Dump to AIX System Support Center
- Installation/administration of AIX, Linux and NT/2000 Servers on a LAN, setting up optimal RAID levels (fault tolerance) for protected data storage in NAS environments.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers.
- Defined and setup network printers, and install client/server applications. Define/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS).
- Performance Management & Tuning of AIX/UNIX Kernel.
- Security, users, groups’ administration and daily backup and restore operations.
- Networking service, performance, and resource monitoring
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers and the installed applications and patches.
Confidential,Hyderabad, India Jan 2005 – Jan 2006
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of 4.3 AIX 4.x servers.
- Administrator of IBM RS/6000 servers running AIX 4.3.3 for support of PeopleSoft Financials and HRMS Environment on Oracle 7.3.x., DNS, FTP and Legato tape backup.
- System & backup management using MKSYSB.
- IBM RS/6000 SP System Software Maintenance AIX System Dump Generation and sending System Dump to AIX System Support Center.
- AIX systems administration using SMIT.
- Logical Volume Management (LVM) of AIX.
- Predefined and Customized Volume Group management on AIX
- Disk Management on AIX using SMIT.
- Installation and Administration of TIVOLI Service Desk.
- Disk Replacement Strategy on AIX.
- Performance Management & Tuning of AIX UNIX Kernel.
- Managing cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
- Software installation and maintenance.
- Installation and administration of peripherals.
- Security, users and groups administration.
- Networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.