Seeking information security position where I can improve security posture and mitigate risk using my technical background as SME in information systems administration and network security. At JPM Chase, perform daily enterprise SIEM monitoring for the occurrence of security event log incidents, as well as follow up to confirm remediation of security issues for 11,000 servers.
Effectively participated in hardware and software IT audit programs, including planning, fieldwork, analysis of findings, applying remediations, and created audit reports and presentation of the results.
Administator of Trend Micro Enterprise Endpoint Security. Remediate security vulnerabilities by applying Microsoft patches on Servers and PCs. Investigated, analyzed and resolved computer security breaches, threats, and viruses.
Areas of Expertise
- Cyber Security
- System Administrator
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports
- Network Systems Monitoring
- Network Administration
- IT Compliance Audits
- SIEM-Security Events Monitoring
- Project Management
- IT Regulatory Compliance
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Confidential College
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practtitioner (CASP)
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+
- SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP)
- Pursing CISSP March 2013
Operating Systems:†Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, Unix /Linux, Win XP SP3, Win 7 MS SQL Server 2005/2008; MS Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010, Novell Netware 6.5
Monitoring Tools:†SolarWinds Orion NPM 10.2.2, APM 4.2, vFoglight, SCOM 2007
Network Hardware:†Cisco, HP ProCurve, Juniper Switches, Cisco Wireless Routers Adtran NetVanta 3200 T1 router, PIX\\ASA Firewall, IDS
Hardware:†Dell PowerEdge R610, R710, R900 Servers, Dell PCs, Dell Laptops, HP Proliant 380 DL Servers, HP PC’s, Lexmark\\Canon Printers, HP Scanner\\Printers, Blackberry cellular phone support, Meridian and Rolm phone systems, Octel voice mail, Interactive Intelligence.
Software:†Trend Micro\\ McAfee \\ Norton\\ Vipre Antivirus Endpoint Protection.
VMware vSphere, Veritas Backup Exec 12.5, Request Tracker
Remedy Helpdesk, Logmein Backup, Altiris, MS Access
Protocols/Tools:†DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTML, FTP, SSH, IPSec VPN\'s, HTTP, SSL,† TCPDump, Tripwire, Wireshark, ArcSight, and Tipping Point.†
Security Consultant - Contract Software Guidance & Assistance
Confidential, Columbus, OH†
5/2012 – 11/2012
- Perform daily SIEM monitoring for the occurrence of security incidents, as well as follow up to confirm remediation of issues for 11,000 servers. Able to separate normal log data from actionable events.
- Detect, track,analyze, correlate data, document, respond, and resolve all security events logs incidents.
- Perform manual analysis / correlation of security logs.
- Send email alerts to engage managers to gain pertinent details for resolution of incidents.
- Manage the investigation of security event and verify if events are non-compliant or complaint.
- Provide status / incident reports daily, weekly, monthly metrics reports to senior security management.
- Chair weekly meeting with Security Team and Global Vice Presidents to discuss un-resolve and resolve security event issues. Participants are located in USA, India, England, and Phillipines.
- Track security incidents, problems, updates and changes using Peregrine and other ticketing systems.
- Able to partner with management and leverage technical staff to resolve complex security events.
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively with management and technical staff across the globe.
SIEM Consultant - Contract Flairsoft
Confidential, Columbus, OH†
2/2012 – 4/2012
- Architected and successfully implemented a large scale enterprise SIEM delivering alerting, reporting, log aggregation, event correlation,dashboards using SolarWinds NPM 10.2.2 and APM 4.2 for entire infrastructure of Attorney General’s Office consisting 7 locations and 2000 employees including over 5000 systems at an event rate of hundreds of thousands per week.
- Add or change maps of State of Ohio using Orion Network Atlas.
- Monitoring LAN, WAN, SAN, Windows, Unix/Linux Servers, VOIP, Cisco, applications and event logs.
- Capture metrics for all monitoring systems used to support Data Center and all remote locations.
- Develop and maintain overall enterprise monitoring architecture. Utilize SNMP base tools for monitoring overall health of network devices. Add or change alerts. Add, change, and remove devices from SolarWinds inventory.
- Create and sent daily custom SQL queries reports detailing performance network infrastructure.
6/2011 – 12/2011
- Monitor, configure, and support of 60+ servers in Data Center a mixture of Windows 2003/2008 and support 10 separate domains for Prostate Cancer Treatment Centers nationwide.
- Manage project to travel to 10 sites to improve security posture and install 15 new HP / Dell servers in racks replacing old servers in OH, IN, NJ, AK, FL, AZ, and CA.
- Build, configure, secure, and deploy new Dell R610 and HP 380 DL Windows 2008 application servers.
- Install / configure T1 Wan routers, Cisco switches, Cisco wireless routers, HP Servers, Lexmark printers, Active Directory, create users, create groups, modify group policy, create login batch files.
- Manage project to install and configure logmein cloud backup solution on all servers.
- Apply Microsoft security patches on workstations and servers. Monitor malware activity to mitigate risk.
- Plan, implement, upgrade Vipre Enterprise Antivirus on all servers and PC’s for the protection of computer networks and information. Resolving any IT related security issues.
- Responsible for ensuring IT Security procedures are documented, communicated, and enforced.
- Security Incident Responder by retrieving/recovering infected hardware and devices found by the Intrusion Detection System (IDS) ensuring threats and vulnerbilites are quickly resolved.
- Manage project to audit Data Centers at each site. Responsibilities included: checking servers hardware; software version and patch level; peripherals, cabling, OS, assets tags, and updating inventory database.
System Administrator - Contract NEC / 3i-Infotech Inc.
Confidential, Raymond, OH†
4/2011 – 6/2011
- Monitor and support 300 Dell server farm in Data Center.
- Deploy physical and virtual VMware Windows 2003/2008 R2 servers.
- Use vFoglight to monitor all virtual server processors, memory, disk I/O, network I/O utilization.
- Use Solarwinds Orinon to monitor all physical servers, investigate alerts and troubleshoot servers.
- Administer Active Directory for over 2000 users, create security groups, and modify group policy.
PC Consultant - Contact – Glotel Inc.
Confidential, Columbus, OH†
8/2009 – 9/2010
- Tier 2 on-site technical support for 700 Windows desktops.
- Gained technical experience supporting 200+ software applications. Daily interface with all depts.
- PC/LAN/ Phone support for 14 floors within 4 building and support 150 employee customer call center.
- Resolve service desk tickets escalated in remedy ticket tracking system.
- Resolve PC security issues by investigative analysis on the security incident and mitigate security risks.
- Use security tools like malwarebytes for removal malicious spyware, trojans, worms, and viruses.
- Manual clean and remove endpoints of malware from system registry entires of infected PC’s.
Confidential, Reynoldsburg, Ohio4/2004 – 3/2009
- Performed server administration in Data Center and software application support for 800 associates.
- Lead IT admin to respond to all mission critical Server/PC/LAN/Security issues.
- Installed and configured Windows 2003 servers. Support Active Directory, MS SQL 2008 clustering, MS Exchange 2003, QAD database. Monitor daily server backups. Install Cisco routers / switches.
- Plan and perform PC hardware/software complaince audits and create final reports.
- Manage Trend Micro Enterprise Security software for the protection of mission critical networks.
- Maintain up to date antivirus definitions on all servers and desktops.
- Manual removal of malicious virus.
- Investigated, analyzed and resolve thousands of complex technical issues.
Software Specialist – Contract TEK Systems
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Performed enterprise level Tier 3 desktop support providing rapid troubleshooting to resolve critical application issues for 25,000 PC’s nationwide.
- Project Management create detailed software project plans listing full (SDLC) software development llife cycle from gathering information, researching, design, lab testing, pilot testing, and final approval of new scripted software.
Associate Technical Analyst II
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
8/1999 – 7/2002
- Windows Servers administration in Data Center and helpdesk support for 5 remote warehouses and 6 Paper Plus retail locations in OH, MI, KY, PA, and WV. Tracked helpdesk calls with clarify.
- PC/LAN support for more than 400 PCs; Created ghost images, configure, and install 200+ PC’s.
- Daily download McAfee antivirus definitions to protect mission critical systems for the enterprise.
- Project Manage to replace McAfee antivirus with Norton antivirus software on 400 PC’s.