I am experienced in application software development, maintenance, production support and QA testing. Diverse background includes application experience in ACH, financial, credit card, retail, marketing and telecommunication Billing Systems.
- Hardware - IBM Mainframe, Amdahl, Hitachi, IBM PC/Compatible, HP UNIX.
- Languages - COBOL, COBOL II, COBOL LE, JCL, SQL, Easytrieve, Easytrieve Plus, Microfocus COBOL, FOCUS, SAS, IDEAL, DATAQUERY, CSP, Unix, Unix shell scripting and CICS.
- Databases - DB2 (QMF/SPUFI), Datacom, XDB, Teradata, and VSAM.
- Operating Systems - MVS/ESA, VSE, Windows 2000, 95, 98, Windows XP.
- Software/Ancillary - Platinum, Zeke, Fileaid, File Manager, Intertest, Expeditor, CA7, Abend-Aid, Endevor, Changeman, FTP, NDM, Microsoft Office, SAR, Visio, ABT Project Workbench, Brownstone Data Dictionary, TSO/ISPF, Lotus Notes, HP Quality Center, JIRA and Team Track.
- Methodologies - System Life Cycle, ISO 9000, Yourdon/Demarco, Waterfall, DMAIC and Agile.
Confidential,AVP Consultant Apps Programmer/Systems Analyst, 4/08 10/12
- Responsible for posting returns design, development, testing and implementing on ACH/PEP+ system west consolidation project. Collaborated with interfacing applications to ensure proper design. Provided testing support.
- EDI full file project, assisted in designing, developing and implementing EDI changes to ACH/PEP+ system. Coordinated and hosted meetings with interfacing applications. Provided testing support.
- Pariter Solutions target end state project, performed analysis and design for posting returns, VRU, NACHA build and EDI. Mentored junior team members. Provided SME support to offshore and onshore resources.
- LaSalle transition project worked on conversion tasks for VRU, and assisted in conversion related activities.
- Worked heavily with testers in developing test plans/scripts, creating test data and assist in running batch jobs and verifying results based on project business requirements.
Technical Skills: COBOL II, JCL, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, VSAM, FTP, NDM, Easytrieve, FileAid, File Manager, CA7, TSO/ISPF,HP Quality Center, JIRA, DMAIC, Changeman and Chatalyst.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA, Contract position/Testing Position 11/05 11/07
Provided batch testing support for FIS. Ran test batch cycles for several of Fidelity’s European clients on their bank credit card system. Fixed batch and online defects. Performed unit testing and system testing support. Conformed to applications standards, Worked closely with other developers and managers in a fast paced dynamic environment. Technical skills, COBOL II, JCL, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, VSAM, FileAid, OPC job scheduler, TSO/ISPF, LOTUS Notes, Expeditor and HP Quality Center.
Confidential,Atlanta, GA, Senior Systems Engineer 1/04 11/05
Provided on call, helpdesk and maintenance support on RTS Base Tables application. This system maintained sku, price, quantity, vendor, buying office and market information related to skus and vendors for all the Home Depot stores. Researched and resolved problems on RTS application. Interfaced heavily with user community and production control. Technical skills, COBOL II, JCL, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, NDM, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, Platinum, CSP, UNIX, UNIX shell scripting, Brownstone Data Dictionary, CA7, Fileaid, TSO/ISPF and HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Atlanta (Xerox), GA, Systems Analyst 8/02 1/04
Converted Medicaid pharmacy benefit application from VSAM to DB2. Designed new requirements for the DB2 system to make it HIPPA 5.1 compliant. Developed new requirements and designed programs for multiple clients. Interfaced heavily with Client Services Group. Provided on call production support. Researched issues related to data conversion problems with client, and provided solution to correct data problems. Technical skills, COBOL II, CICS, SQL, DB2, JCL, Platinum, SPUFI, Expeditor, SAR, Fileaid and TSO/ISPF.