A goal-oriented and analytical IT professional, with more than 18 years of experience in the computer and peripheral support industry. Also, 5 years of hands on Desktop support with extensive experience administering UNIX/LINUX desktops, Sun Microsystems Enterprise servers, and DNS. Full expertise includes high traffic networking using LAN/WAN administration, server installation and configuration.
Exceptional troubleshooting, communications, and multi-tasking skills. Energetic, self motivated team builder with excellent project management skills; facilitates a team approach to achieve organizational objectives, increase productivity, and enhance staff morale. Quick, enthusiastic study; swiftly learns and integrates new technologies, software, and architecture. Strong client-relations skills gained through extensive support and troubleshooting experience. Strong client-relations skills, works equally effectively as an independent contributor, a team member and a group leader.
- 24/7 NOC dynamic and fast paced production environments.
- 3 to 5 years of 24/7 (NOC) Network Operations Center environment experience.
- 3 to 5 years of Unix/Linux/Solaris experience.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological changes and innovations and their applicability to the company goals.
- Able to flourish in a fast paced, high pressure environment on every shift.
- Flexible with working overtime.
- Great verbal and written communication skills with customer satisfaction as the main focus.
- Installed Ximian Evolution for use with Linux systems as a solution for connecting to the Outlook Exchange Server. This software integrates email, calendar, and contact and task list management in one application
- Intermediate LAN/WAN experience.
- Managed Sun Microsystems desktops and servers running (Solaris 2.6, 2.7), Hewlett-Packard HP9000 systems running HP-UX (UNIX); IBM RS/6000 systems running AIX (UNIX), TCP/IP (LAN/WAN
- Operating Systems and environments familiar with:IBM AIX, HP/UX, Solaris Unix, Linux.
- OTHER: HP-OpenNMS, Big Brother, Nagios, Opsview, HP-Openview, Sitescope, OVO, Veritas Backup Software, support of various email protocols, such as, POP3, IMAP, SMTP.
- Previously, responsible for the management of systems and network engineering infrastructure and management of ~20 systems and network engineers who maintained and monitored the engineering networks. Worked closely with the Remedy Helpdesk system for submission of Trouble tickets, assets and change management.
- Proven experience with Mail, DNS, NIS, TCP/IP,SMTP,NFS
- Recruited and trained a team to monitor the Network Operation Center, in order to provide first and second level support, for 750 Sun desktops and 2500 users, at Bay Networks. Purchased, customized, and maintained ARS (REMEDY) help desk management software.
- Responsible for managing a multi-site environment. * Migrated NIC Engineering to the Standard corporate Mail Exchange system. Approximately, 400 engineers. Coordinated the communications between NIC Engineering and Corporate Nokia Business Infrastructure.
- Responsible for the development of procedures and tools to standardize project management practices and promote adequate communication and project documentation.
- Worked with multiple teams of various technical disciplines typically to fix issues, but able to provide timely status and complete updates in corresponding tickets.
Confidential,July, 2012 current
Work with Qualys, WhitHat, Radar vulnerability scanners.
Confidential,August, 2011 June, 2012
I am responsible for managing the scheduling, planning, and administration of changes to the eBay platform. I am active in the incident management process in order to be successful in problem management process. As a problem manager I need to make sure that the root causes are determined, fixed and communicated to the right stakeholders. Manage, prioritize and track queue of cross functional tickets. Communicate status to operations management for high visibility problems.Correlate multiple events and drive higher level issues and process changes across operations teams to eliminate recurring issues.
Confidential,February, 2011 August, 2011
A systems administrator provides support for the Tivo Network Operations Center (NOC). Responsibilities include utilizing Network Management systems (GroundWorks, Nagios, Sitescope) that monitor network alarms, identify problems, triage and coordinate notification of support staff to ensure maximum availability for internal and external customers. Responsible for incident tracking via SalesForce ticket system, this includes escalations, change management, asset tracking and meeting SLA objectives in a 24/7 environment.
Monitor and manage all production systems and services per system. Customer oriented and technically talented in order to help support all client sites and the suite of services we provide in a 24/7 environment.
June, 2009 February, 2011
A technical engineer provides support for the Nuance (NOC)Network Operations Center. Responsibilities include utilizing Network Management systems (Hp-Openview, OpenNMS, Nagios, Cacti, Opsview) tomonitor network alarms, identify problems, triage and coordinate notification of support staff to ensure maximum availability for internal and external customers. Responsible for incident tracking via Footprints ticket system, this includes escalations and meeting SLA objectives in a 24/7 environment. Monitor and manage all production systems and services per system. Customer oriented and technically talented in order to help support all client sites and the suite of services we provide in a 24/7 environment.
A technical contractor provides support for the Adobe Network Operations Center. Responsibilities include utilizing Network Management systems (Hp-Openview, Sitescope, OVO) tomonitor network alarms, identify problems, and coordinate notification of support staff to ensure maximum availability for internal and external customers. Responsible for incident tracking via Infra Enterprise ticket system, this includes escalations and meeting SLA objectives in a 24/7 environment. Assisted in transferring the Network Operation Center to India and trained NOC Engineers for the India office.
Linux Systems Management
Confidential, San Jose, CA,4/2007 4/1/2008
Responsible for, the management of all Linux/Unix server systems and all desktop support for engineering departments, which consist of Fedora and Red Hat Linux.
Senior Manager - Systems, Network Operation center (NOC) and Release Engineering
Confidential, Mountain View, CA,2/2003 - 1/06/06
- Responsible for managing the Systems, Network operation center (NOC), and Release Engineering (SNRE) group.
- Used nagios as tools to monitor network servers and data center.
- Developing and implementing procedures and tools to standardize project management practices and promote adequate communication and project documentation.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning for SNRE and for the implementation of information technology-based solutions for Nokia Corporation, EMS-Engineering business unit.
- Responsible for managing a multi-site environment which includes Boston, Mountain View, Scotts Valley, and India sites.
- Establish and maintain enterprise equipment and departmental budgets.
- Coordinate the communications between the management, technology, and product development teams, to implement proactive measures and policy for improving and aligning all sites. Provide ongoing coaching and development for team members.
- Responsible for the support of all FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
B.S. Computer Science, May 1988