- Versatile, hardworking individual driven to meet and exceed expectations.
- Passion and exceptional aptitude for working with computers. Skilled in troubleshooting and identifying procedures needed to maintain a reliable and efficient network to keep the organization running smoothly and profitably.
- Proficient team member with strong interpersonal skills able to communicate and share expertise as well as assist others within the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Internet applications and protocols.
- Knowledgeable with data communications hardware/software, including layer 3 switches, firewalls and routers.
- Very experienced with server and workstation deployment and maintenance.
Certifications: Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist Instructor
Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Messaging Administrator
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist:
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory: Configuration
Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure: Configuration
Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure: Configuration
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: Configuration
Microsoft Windows Vista: Configuration
Microsoft Certified System Engineer – Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Certified System Administrator + Messaging – Windows Server 2003
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice
Training: Configuring Juniper Networks Firewall IPSec VPN
Advanced Juniper Networks VPN Implementations
HP Procurve Adaptive Edge Fundamentals
Microsoft Advanced Active Directory Troubleshooting
Confidential,Balad, Iraq; System Administrator 11/09 – 11/10
- Provide tier two support to military and civilians on base network
- Manage and transfer user accounts and mailboxes
- Work with the help desk and Network Administrators to resolve customer issues
- Properly document problems and resolutions in ticketing system
- Ensure all workstations and servers were up to date with the most current patches and updates.
- Maintain backups of file servers and Exchange 2007 Servers
Confidential,Christiansted, VI; Network Administrator, 10/06 - 11/09
- Design and Implement Enterprise Active Directory and Exchange 2003 Environment
- Deploy new servers including Blade Servers
- Manage SAN
- Manage and Maintain Enterprise Servers
- Plan and provide access for satellite offices
- Configure Firewall and VPN Access
- Manage Barracuda Spam Filter Appliance
- Designate tasks and responsibilities of other team members
- Assist with the maintenance and installation of WAN infrastructure
- Provide assistance to IT personnel in various government agencies when requested
- Provide end user help desk support when needed
Confidential,Christiansted, VI; Network Administrator, 1/99 – 10/06
- Maintain Servers for all divisions related to the office of the Lt. Governor
- Backup critical servers using Veritas Backup Exec
- Repair manage and maintain user workstations
- Maintain Avaya IP phone system
- Maintain Office of the Lt. Governor website
- Provide technical support to all users in the St. Croix District
- Assist with migration to windows 2000 and migration to windows 2003 server environment
- Maintain custom DOS and SQL applications
- Design simple applications to improve department efficiency
Confidential,Frederiksted, VI; Intern, 7/97 – 1/99
- Troubleshoot desktop computers
- Provide phone support to network users
- Configured and network printers
- Configures file shared and shared printers in Netware and Windows NT environment