Accomplished, resourceful Senior Programmer Analyst with 20+ years experience
contributing to the development and implementation of business-critical systems for diverse clientele such as Federal Express, Lowes, Blue Cross, State of Indiana, Navistar, Kaiser Permanente, Mitsubishi, American Express and US Air Force.
Outstanding ability to gather and translate complex user requirements into practical, cost-effective and easily maintained software solutions.
Assume complete ownership of all projects/assignments, with a strong commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
Fast-paced, flexible senior-level contributor, capable of working independently or in a team environment, adept at staying on-task and on-time with deliverables despite shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
TECHNICAL Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, EASYTRIEVE, BAL
SKILLS Databases: DB2, IMS DB/DC
Platforms: IBM 30XX, 4300, 9370, 370
Software: CICS, SQL, QMF, SPUFI, CSP, VSAM, IEF (5x/4x) DB2 LIBRARIAN, PANVALET, DYL 260/280, TSO/ISPF. ENDEVOR, APS, COOLGEN
Methodologies: IEF, Information Engineering, Yourdon
Independent Consultant 1983 - Present
Senior Programmer Analyst 25+ years
Clients: Federal Express, Lowes, Blue Cross, State of Indiana, Harris Corporation/National Crime Information Center, Kaiser Permanente, Mitsubishi, American Express, Rockwell-Rocketdyne, County of Los Angeles, TRW.
Supplied comprehensive technical expertise on client projects spanning healthcare, financial services, accounting, insurance, banking, manufacturing, order entry, warehouse distribution, defense, and government. Served as a vital resource during all project phases, including analysis, design, development, coding, testing, integration, documentation, support and implementation.
Key Project Accomplishments:
Confidential (04/08 - Present): Major participant on a key project to integrate the software application of a recently purchased trucking firm into their existing applications.
- Lead role defining, documenting, and implementing program modifications for new reporting requirements.
- Key resource in helping to interpret and document COOLGEN code so that routines could be rewritten utilizing COBOL/DB2.
- Environment: ENDEVOR, COBOL II, DB2, CICS, SPUFI, VSAM, EXPEDITOR, EASYTRIEVE, TSO/ISPF, COOLGEN
Confidential (03/05-10/07): Developed sub-system to override automated orders generated by material replenishment application and manually adjust product flow in conjunction with work staff during various peaks and valleys.
- Completed major modification to material replenishment system, eliminating need to hire vendor to modify software at much higher price.
- Corrected various problems associated with cargo shipping application.
- Took initiative to resolve several long-standing issues in problem logs.
- Completed all phases of testing and debugging throughout SDLC.
- Environment: DB2, CICS, SPUFI, VSAM, COBOL II, LIBRARIAN, EXPEDITOR, EASYTRIEVE, TSO/ISPF, COOLGEN
Confidential of SC (02/02 - 01/05): Played key role in modifying online claims processing application to accommodate changes required by HIPAA.
- Wrote conversion routine used to perform all edits and validations.
- Set up procedures for positive/negative testing of conversion routine and completed extensive testing. Also modified Unitech balancing procedures for multiple routines.
- Environment: APS, DB2, IMS DB, CICS, QMF, SPUFI, VSAM, COBOL II, ENDEVOR, SMART TEST, EASYTRIEVE, TSO/ISPF
Confidential (04/98-07/01): Core contributor on 3 application development projects.
- Created routine to report quarterly progress made by State in transitioning individuals off of welfare roles and into private workforce. Report generated critical information requested by federal government (individual wages, employment duration and employers).
- Wrote application to track individuals in public school system qualifying for textbook reimbursement benefits by the State.
- Helped rewrite online application used to administer Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF), from Information Engineering Facility (IEF) generated code to Cobol II/DB2 to increase response time.
- Environment: COOLGEN, DB2, IMS DB, CICS, SPUFI, VSAM, COBOL II, LIBRARIAN, INTERTEST, EASYTRIEVE, TSO/ISPF
Confidential (1/97-3/98): Supplied programming and analytical expertise to revamp outdated law enforcement application.
- Performed numerous enhancements pertaining to performance, storage, capacity, search capabilities and subject matter content.
- Prepared program and user level documentation, and assisted in user training.
- Environment: IEF 5.3, DB2, CICS, SPUFI, QUERY MANAGER, VSAM, COBOL II, LIBRARIAN, COOLGEN, INTER TEST, TSO/ISPF
Confidential (1/96-6/96): Helped build automated human resources system to accommodate reduction in force, job bidding and extended time off for various unions. (COBOL II, DB2, COOLGEN)
Confidential (1/94-12/95): Helped Develop online automotive allocation system used by dealers throughout the country. Supplied technical support in development of various routines, entailing coding, testing and implementation. (IEF Toolset 5.2)
Confidential (9/90-1/94): Created and maintained action diagrams supporting online environment and wrote specifications for comprehensive service establishment support system. Designed and developed reporting system for upper management to review travel data for employees of major corporations. (COBOL, DB2, IEF 5.2, IMS, IBM 309X)
- Additional Project Accomplishments:
Confidential: Co-developed automated parts inventory system utilizing SQL statements in COBOL host language environment.
Confidential: Key contributor to build of property tax database using IMS DB/DC.
PRIOR From 1979 - 1983, held permanent technical positions with Rockwell International,
TRW and Warner-Lambert Pharmaceutical
Confidential, Newark, NJ
B.A., Business Administration