I am seeking a fulltime Network/Systems Engineer position in the Sacramento Area that would allow me to apply, expand and invest my technical skills, abilities, and my many years of experience related to the installation and support of enterprise network. I have also traveled extensively as required in support of client's regional enterprise networks.
My mature technical skill sets and many years of experience allow me to make a significant and effective impact on network and desktop requirements and quality of service, including effective trouble shooting and analysis, repair, upgrading, installing software and fine tuning components enterprise servers and desktop computers as necessary. I work hard and challenge myself to expand my currency and working knowledge with the ever-changing technologies in the field of computer networks and communications, by investing in related courses, extensive research and applying long hours solving complex problems in the server room. Very experienced in procurement and strategic partnerships.
My communication skills (both oral and written) have enabled me to collaborate closely with staff members and clients at all levels of management. I am a team player and my personal enthusiasm, self-confidence, assertiveness and continuous focus of my quality of customer service is reflected in all of my work habits. Dependability and commitment to providing my users with effective network-related services has been my strong points, as can be substantiated by my references.
I believe that my advanced training, network knowledge and experience would be a great asset to your company. I am confident I would be able to support your computer networking and communication needs. I have enjoyed network consulting work for over 25 years. The challenge (and enjoyment) of troubleshooting and fixing computers has also become a part-time after-hours home business to my clients, friends and family.
Clients, Vendors & Network Management Skills
- Effective project manager with Defines, designs and implements information systems & solutions. Proposes and implements system enhancements and patches to improve the system reliability and performance. excellent organizational, management, planning, budgeting and procurement skills
- Effective in developing strategic partnerships with vendors; planning, research, price point negotiation, acquisition and management of infrastructure and technology inventory components needed to maintain or upgrade servers, desktops, laptops and network platforms.
- Effective in management of organizational or infrastructure change related to technology conversion or upgrade.
- An effective communicator both written and oral, at all levels of an organization or project team; more importantly,a good and intuitive listener; Very customer & requirements focused
- Strength in innovation, yet pragmatic in establishing expectations
- Always focused on helping those involvedbe successful… the customer and the network team
- An effective team builder and mentor focused on promoting individual and skill development
Hardware & Software Skill Sets
Windows Server 2003/2008 • Windows Server Enterprise 2003 • Windows XP • Windows Vista • Windows 2000 Advanced Server Windows 2000 Professional • ISA Server 2006 • Proxy Server 6.0 • Internet Information Server • Windows NT Server 4.0 Windows NT Server Enterprise 4.0 • Windows NT Terminal Server 4.0 • Windows NT Workstation 4.0
ARC Serve • Veritas Backup Exec • Symantec Backup • Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 • Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 & 2003 Visio Enterprise • Compaq Insight Manager • HP Open view • PC Anywhere 32 • Ghost • Logmein Software.
TCP/IP • DHCP • DNS • WINS • FTP • SMTP • SNMP • RAID • RAS • PPTP • VPN • Telnet • Wi-Fi • SSH
Compaq Servers • Dell Power Edge Servers • RAID Array Controller • DLT Drives & Arrays • Dell and IBM Laptops Compaq, Dell and IBM Compatible PC\'s. HP and Brothers Printers • Jet Direct • Thin clients • HP ProCurve Switches •
Cisco Routers • Dell PowerConnet Switches • Management board • 3Com Phone systems NBX V3000, NBX V5000, 100 & 25, Video Conferencing
Professional Course Work & Certifications
- AAS, Networking Technology
- Microsoft Certified Professional MCSE
- AAS, Electronics Technology
- Electronic Service Technician
- Designing Cisco Networks
Confidential, Roseville, CA Systems Engineer 3/1999 - 3/2009
Managed and maintained a Microsoft windows server 2003 environment saw to the Implementation of windows server 2003 Network Infrastructure, and Implemented the advanced security, continuity and recovery options. It was my responsibility to care for hardware warranties, maintenance, implementation, deployment as well as backup and recovery (Symantec Veritas backup), UPS, printers and terminal server clients. My role included the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of desktop systems, laptops, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment. Support and configuration of 50 laptops and 85 desktops. Having good knowledge of PC hardware provided considerable application & software support for users. Installed and moved data line, phone lines and installed switches, routers etc. Coordinated all PC inventory, as well as the installation and maintenance of the 3com NBX & V3000 VOIP networks. Migration of Hp ProCurve switches to Dell PowerConnet switches.
Created server installation documentation, roll out procedures and schedules for a domain migration project. Maintained security by having secured all shares with appropriate account/group access permissions, maintained password, and data integrity and file systems for desktop environments. Developed a structured, systematic approach to my troubleshooting of undocumented Windows and Outlook errors/issues and created 'How-To' manuals for laptop users.
- Implemented & managed Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2000 & 5.5 for eight years also the deployment of group policy for different domains, configuration for terminal server clients
- Setup VPN between customer & Nutter offices, configured with PPTP VPN and DSL, Ethernet & cable routers
- Working knowledge with Ghost software to image computers, servers and laptops. Knowledge of Group shield, Virus Scan, ePolicy Orchestrator, Anti-spyware Killer, Spam Killer for Exchange for virus maintenance.
- Configured & used Treo 650 & 600 PDA, Samsung 720 specifically for email and document retrieval
- Installation and troubleshooting of various Compaq/Dell servers, network performance monitoring, server base-lining, implementation of fault tolerance, application of service packs, tested new server based applications, and evaluated new administration and security applications
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA (contractor) Server 3rd level Support Specialist 6/1998 - 4/1999
Provided technical consulting for several concurrent projects for the CFO including a statewide lease roll-over conversion.
Managed PC inventory, laptops and monitors and installed & configured servers, workstations, laptops, modems, hard drives, video cards, and memory. Administrated Dell technical support & post sale RMA issues. Participated in the Installation of Compaq, Dell and HP Windows servers, workstations to 38 sites across the country. Imaged over 1000 Dell Optiplex computers and Latitude CPI laptops for deployment.
Managed day-to-day operations of all servers running NT Server 4.0 within the Credit, Collections and Remittance Operation Centers; included capacity planning, security, performance monitoring and tuning, backup and restores, group management, permissions, Internet Information Server administration and Disaster Recovery Planning. Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and no technical personnel. Experienced in troubleshooting and repair of HP proliant and Dell Power Edge servers, monitor event logs and resolve issues.
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and Windows software applications
- Installed network printers using jet direct internal and external devices, telnet and Jetadmin to configure of printers
- Used Ghost, Ghost Walker, and Multicast Ghost for imaging computers and servers
- Comprehensive user administration, managed server capacity, backup archiving and restoring network data
- Installed and moved data lines, phone lines and installed switches and routers etc.
Confidential,Sacramento CA, IS Microcomputer Specialist (Contractor) 3/1998 - 6/1998
Confidential, Sacramento CA, Helpdesk Network Technician (Contractor) 1/1998 - 3/1998
Confidential, Sacramento CA, PC Network Technician, 10/1996 -1/1998
Confidential, Sacramento CA, Computer Technician, 6/1990 -11/1996
Confidential Corporate Headquarters, San Francisco CA, Computer Technician, 8/1984 -11/1994