Mr. Fountain is an IT professional experienced in networking, telecommunications, hardware and software diagnostics, and is Information Assurance (IA) Workforce Technical Level II certified. He is an experienced manager of Information Technology support teams. Mr. Fountain also has five years of freelance computer repair and install/configure operating systems and networks. He is able to work under pressure and reach deadlines. As a vital asset to his profession, he is able to improvise and resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of LAN /WAN Technology and Applications
- Possess a working knowledge of Internet and networking technologies such as dialup, Ethernet, NICs, hubs, switches, browsers, email, and ftp
- Install, configure and maintain Windows O/S including XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- Working knowledge of personal computer systems including installation of motherboards, modems, sound/video cards, networks cards, CD drives, floppy drives, circuit boards, memory, and related peripheral devices
- Troubleshoot and replace faulty hardware including disk drives, network cards, hard drives, and peripherals
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Nessus, and Retina Scans
- Experience building and maintaining a Local Area Network (LAN)
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS) and PC peripherals
- Working knowledge of configuring and managing Microsoft OS
- Experience working with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams of IT professional
- Experience and knowledgeable in telecommunications
- Work efficiently in both an independent and team atmosphere.
- Excellent phone manners, organizational abilities, and patience
- Possess a strong desire to learn
Confidential,Fairfax, VA (Fed. Govt. Ctr. Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) HQ at Fort Lee Army Base, Fort Lee, VA) August 2011 – September 2012
Telepresence Administrator (Supervisor)
- Exercise leadership role of agency Telepresence team
- Manage team of eight AV and IT professionals
- Maintain, configure, monitor, and optimize local area networks to ensure optimal performance, security, maximum availability, and minimal maintenance
- Ran Vulnerability Scans on IT/Network component equipment
- Used knowledge of network protocols to maintain and enhance network efficiency and information assurance.
- Ensure equipment was network compliant
- Troubleshoot Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment
- Troubleshoot in house computers
- Provided local IT services and technical assistance
- Created policies and procedures for scheduling and conducting Video Teleconference
- Worked with both military and corporate officials
- Conducted tutorials for large groups of military and corporate officials
Confidential,Prince George, VA (Fed. Govt. Ctr. Army at Fort Lee Army Base, Fort Lee, VA) June 2010 – August 2011
- Analyze user needs and requests for upgrades or additions to existing network configurations and assess impact on the network to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Implement and maintain bridges, routers, gateways, remote access servers, domain servers, security firewalls, application and device servers, and Internet or Intranet devices and connections.
- Design, configure, monitor, and optimize local and wide area networks to ensure optimal performance, security, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Perform preventative and fault isolation maintenance on the local and wide area networks. Perform file maintenance on servers, domains, electronic post offices, and user files and/or databases.
- Perform customization and system administration for network management, task/project management, help desk, work group integration, documentation, and software packages on local and wide area networks.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Perform diagnostics and maintenance on desktop devices when additional expertise is required.
- Work with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of information technology. Assist in the training of other Information Systems personnel to improve their technical skills.
- Identify, report, and/or resolve process and product non-conformities according to established procedures.
- Support or participate in local or company-wide improvement efforts as required.
- Install and manage Audio Visual (AV) equipment and software (ceiling mounted projectors and projector screens, Smart Tech Smart Board Projectors and White Boards, Plasma TVs, Elmo Document Cameras, and Crestron Touch Panel Media Controllers).
- Test, Troubleshoot, and Monitor IA software issues to ensure timely response to security incidents.
- Recognize potential security violations, take appropriate action to report the incident as required by regulation, and mitigate any adverse impact.
- Implement applicable patches including IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), IA Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVB), and Technical Advisories (TA) for assigned operating system(s).
- Knowledgeable of Nessus, eEye Digital Suite (Retina Scans) and PKI Technology
Confidential,Mechanicsville, VA July 2009 – May 2010
- Responsible for answering incoming support calls and providing efficient, strong customer support
- Communicate directly with clients to investigating problems on their systems through remote access, and working closely with other members of the IT department
- License, load, update, and troubleshoot software on General Manager and Manager. laptops and desktops
- Verify correct operations of software packages
- View and work on computers over the network using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC)
- Provide, as appropriate, telephone/verbal application support to resolve incidents
- Maintain written communication, i.e. log updates, to meet professional and legible standards
- Keep clients informed of the progress of outstanding logs
- Understand Automated Information System (AIS) interface
- Utilize the Network Management System, IP Network Database and IP Address Assignment Spreadsheets to access each center’s unique configuration
- Coordinates circuit tests with Verizon Business and other vendors
- Use available network tools for troubleshooting such as What’s Up Gold, Device Manager and TCP/IP tools
- Test circuits for continuity
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Configure, install, update, troubleshoot, repair, and replace Dell computer systems, terminals, peripheral equipment, and related hardware nationwide throughout the organization.
- Performs LAN/hard disk backups
- Performs ghost imaging using Symantec technology
- Package, record, ship, and track shipments of IT assets
- Program hand-held scanners
- Maintain inventory using equipment Service Tag and Asset Tag Management
- Works closely with Verizon Business providing internal analysis and support to ensure prompt resolution during outages or periods of degraded system performance
Confidential,Richmond, Virginia February 2008 – July 2009
IT Support/Help Desk (Tier 1)
- Troubleshoot Network connectivity, LAN/WAN, H/W, and peripheral equipment to resolve assortment of problem areas
- Troubleshoot DSL, telephone, and digital television issues
- Provide technical customer service support for Internet and Telephony Service products
- Support Internet dialup services, networked (ISDN, T1, DSL) services and telephony
- Create and reset user passwords
- Exercise High Level of Customer Service through completion of task
Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Awarded DCMA Challenger Coin by Agency Director for Outstanding Performance
- Awarded Letter of Commendation from Navy Special Emphasis Operations (NSEO)
ITT Technical Institute
- Awarded Certificates of Achievement for Highest Honors
- Awarded Certificates of Perfect Attendance
- Member of National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- GPA: 3.83
- Active Security Clearance: Secret (DoD)
Security Clearance Expiration: January, 2021
- CompTia - Security+
- Microsoft – Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP-EDA)
Dept. of Defense (DoD):
- Information Assurance (IA) Management Level I:
Responsible for the implementation and operation of an Information System (IS) within their computer environment (CE). Personnel ensure that IA related IS are functional and secure within the CE.