- 15 years in Design and Development
- 14 years with CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- 12 years in Project Management
- 10 years in Design for Six Sigma
- 8 years in Medical Device Industry
- 8 years in Process Validation
- Specialized in Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, and Design of Experiments.
- Developed solutions for small business clients based on assessed technology needs.
- Designed and maintained computer networks and servers, including wired and wireless systems.
- Researched and recommended audiovisual, communications and computer systems for clients.
- Designed and implemented network streaming multimedia client/server systems.
Confidential,St. Louis, MO 2000 – 2001
Graphic Design and Web Development Firm
- Administered a cross-platform network of computers for web graphic design and onsite web hosting.
- Designed and built prototype system to integrate Oracle database and application server with web base interface to evaluate expanded utilization of onsite web hosting.
- Managed selection and implementation of hardware to support web hosting services.
Confidential,Iselin, NJ 1998 - 2000
- Trained in a variety of programming languages, MS SQL and Windows systems administration.
- Implemented a switch from an Oracle relational database to a SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for a major pharmaceutical firm.
- Analyzed issues in migration of database for accuracy and proper transfer of critical information.
- Worked closely with Microsoft and SAP to resolve implementation issues.
Confidential,Warren, NJ 1997 - 1998
Manufacturer of Medical Devices for Vascular Disease
Senior Development Engineer
- Developed and qualified a heat treatment process to combat the induced stress resulting from laser cutting stainless steel stents.
- Developed and implemented process validations for annealing ovens, furnaces and fixtures.
- Interfaced with key research institutions and physicians to evaluate the functional aspects of novel stents using animal models.
- Managed technicians and trained line associates for proper testing and processing of cardiac stents.
Confidential,St. Louis, MO 1994 - 1997Manufacturer of Pharmaceuticals and Class III devices
Device Development Engineer
- Developed a Class III medical device for delivery of pharmaceutical.
- Designed a patented joint to eliminate the potential for failure in a high-pressure plastic implant.
- Developed and validated a hydraulic test apparatus to quickly and rigorously test implant devices, increasing testing rate by 500%.
- Wrote validation protocols for plasma surface treatment machine.
- Managed one technician and trained multiple line associates for proper testing and assembly of implant.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson - Cincinnati, OH 1991 - 1994Manufacturer of Class II medical devices
Associate Product Development Engineer
- Designed, developed and validated medical devices for use in surgical laparoscopic procedures.
- Developed design specifications and qualifications (DQ) for various tool and accessories based on competitor products and market research.
- Designed and patented laparoscopic tool accessories for 18mm and 33mm trocars.
- Developed and qualified a protocol to allow for elimination of post-Cobalt irradiation testing.
- Designed snap-fit connections to replace glued joints reducing production scrap rate by 40%.
- Trained line associates for proper assembly of laparoscopic tools.
- Acquired experience in project management and design controls.
M.S. Engineering Management