SUMMARY OF CERTIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MCSE 2000 and MCSE Server-2003
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of network infrastructure including but not limited to, VoIP, VLANs, switches, routers, Firewalls and SecureLogix.
- Proficient with Avaya Site Administration.
- Extensive Copper and Fiber experience.
- Extensive SCSI and Gigabit SANS experience.
- Proficient with all Microsoft, Unix, Linux, Free BSD, AIX and Novell operating systems.
- Project Management skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Austin, TX
October 2004-PresentNetwork Engineer-Network Operations, Tier 2 and 3 Network Support Configure and perform daily break/fix on new and existing WAN/LAN infrastructure, including telephony and wireless LAN at corporate and store sites.
- Test and rollout new devices, equipment, projects and upgrades.
- Assist IRM Security Operations daily with IDS alerts by tracking offending systems.
- Respond to incidents involving downed systems, security events and transport layer issues.
- Drove to completion several new store and corporate rollouts including new Cisco switches plus configuration and new Cisco wireless LAN systems.
- Helped manage build out of Austin Technology Data Center from October 2004-April 2005 including router, switch and Digi configuration racking and elevation.
Confidential, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
December 2002-October 2004
- Performed PC, network repair and upgrades at customer sites.
- Managed a customer base of +20 accounts.
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
April 2002-December 2002
- Traveled to customer sites to build, install, repair and configure computer imaging and video systems for sports analysis, primarily football, including major universities and the NFL.
- Designed, and installed the New Orleans Saints and Dallas Cowboys systems from the ground up including cabling, switch and router setup and configuration, server and SAN setup and configuration, TCP/IP and IP addressing.
- Configured and resolved conflicts on LAN/WAN for all Corporate and client systems.
February 2002-April 2002
- Created drawings per specifications using Autocad.
- Created planning and instructions for assembly of aircraft lighting and cockpit panels.
- Adjusted planning and BOM.
- Maintained ordering through TIW and SBT.
- Monitored manufacturing workers.
- Created laser files needed to laser etch panels.
May 2000-July 2001Network/Systems Engineer-North America Central Region
- Designed, installed and configured systems for new central region stations including but not limited to, ATM protocols and frame relays, clustering, routers, switches and hubs, IP addressing, TCP/IP, telephony and terminals.
- Traveled to stations to repair local and wide area networks.
- Maintained all network, end user workstations and test equipment throughout the Corporate, Central Region Stations and Maxtor facilities.
September 1999-April 2000NOC Engineer, NT/Unix Technician/Trainer
- Online support for web hosting.
- Telephone support for dial up services and web hosting.
- Built and configured servers, on and off site installation cabling, and configuration of servers, routers, hubs and switches.
- Involved with server moves and content copy.
- Trained new staff in NT department.