- 5 years of experience in Telecom and Internet Service Provider industry working at various capacities such as design, implementation and technical support.
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Routers & Switches – Cisco GSR 12000 Series, Cisco 7600 Series, Cisco 6500 Series, Cisco 3851, Cisco 3560 & 3750 Series, etc.
- In depth knowledge on Juniper EX Switches, EX2200, EX2500, EX3200, EX4200.
- Configured/troubleshooted OSPF, BGP, MPLS-VPN’s on Juniper platform.
- Designed and configured VoIP networks for largest Wireless data and voice provider in India. Responsible for overall design of QoS for voice, wireless packet data and control traffic across IP / MPLS core network.
- Experience in QOS. Used CBWFQ/LLQ /WRED etc.
- Configured and supported MPLS VPNs.
- Good knowledge of MPLS networks, LDP and MPLS VPNs.
- Good Knowledge on data link layer technologies like leased lines, Frame Relay and ATM.
- Used various test gear such as Agilent N2X and Spirent AX4000 for protocol emulation and data traffic analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of Ethernet switching, VLANs, VLAN Trunking, HSRP and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP/RSTP).
- Experience in configuring Syslog, monitoring tools like Sniffer, Cisco Works.
- Good knowledge on IP addressing and subnetting.
- Master of Science In Network Engineering
- Bachelor in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Cisco Certified Network Professional ( CCNP )
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA )
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA )
Routers - Cisco 17xx, 18xx, 26xx, 28xx, 37xx, 38xx, 72xx, 75xx, GSR12K
Switches - Cisco Catalyst 35xx, 55xx, 65xx,65xx
Juniper Routers: M320, T640
IP Routing Protocols - EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS-LDP
WAN Protocols - HDLC, PPP, ATM, FRAME-RELAY, Multilink-PPP
LAN Protocols - Spanning Tree, VLAN, VTP, ISL Trunking, dot1Q
IOS features - ACL, NAT, PAT, CEF, Bridging, tftp
Technologies - MPLS, IP-VPN, QoS,
Circuits - Fractional T1, Full T1, nxT1, Fractional T3, T3, OCx, OC-192
Operating Systems - Windows, UNIX, Cisco IOS, CatOS,
Redundant Network features - HSRP, VRRP,
Device Management - Out-of- band, in-band, SNMP, TACACS
Tools - Cisco Works, MRTG, Sniffer, Cisco Network Collector, Microsoft Visio, HP-Open view
Security & Firewall - IPSec, Cisco PIX 515, 520, CSA
Confidential,IL May 2008 – Till Date
Role: Network Engineer
Global Crossing can provide you the telecommunications solution to meet your needs. Our integrated, global IP-based network was designed for the convergence of voice, video and data, and delivers services virtually anywhere on the planet - quickly, securely, and reliably.
- Supported Cisco GSR 12416 series routers. Worked on engine 3 line cards such as E3 16 port OC3, E3 OC48c and Channelized E3 OC48
- Configured Inter Vlan routing on Cisco 6500 series routers.
- Configuration of GSR routers, 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6513, 4500 switches with various VLAN.
- Troubleshoot and managed 2 route reflector clusters for internet route disturbution. Used 7200vxr routers for route reflectors. Created and documented any changes to route reflector cluster.
- Tested customer vrf’s in the MPLS-VPN scenario.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Juniper EX series switches.
- Support CE-PE routing protocols such as EBGP, Static, and OSPF etc.
- Troubleshooting BGP/OSPF complex routing issues in a very large scale Tier 1 ISP network
- Responsible for Implementation of MPLS based VPN for various Enterprise Customers
- Provides network engineering, operational support of new GSR(12416,12410), Juniper(M320) routers
in CBB, in coordination with vendors , Network Architecture groups , Tier4 labs
- Configuration and troubleshooting of GSR 12k series routers, control plane protocols such as OSPF,
LDP & BGP, Gigabit/10Gigabit-Ethernet, OC-12, OC-48 , OC-192
- Providing technical support for GSR upgrades, deployment of m320 Routers in different
SNRC (Service Node Routing Complex) office locations
- Responsible for Analyzing Complex Circuit/Networking Issues and Routing problems.
- To perform complex assignments related to Network Support and provide support for troubleshooting and maintaining IP Networks, concentrating on facilities ranging from T1 to OC192 in Cisco(12xxx/75xx/65xx/36xx/29xx) and Juniper(M320 & T640) High-end routers and switches.
- Configured/troubleshooted OSPF, BGP, MPLS-VPNS on Juniper platform
- Configuring Access Routes for Network Connectivity and configuring routing protocols like BGP/ OSPF for routing updates within the Backbone Network.
- Responsible to provide efficient Customer Service using Applications like REMEDY / MOCARS for Backbone Support.
- Providing Broadband and DSL Backbone support for AT&T and ensuring smooth and efficient operations of DSL Backbone of AT&T and to provide effective services for end customers.
- Played a major role in migrating part of the customers from 7500 series routers to Juniper M320 and T640
- Created scripts to monitor CPU/Memory on various low end routers in the network.
Confidential,KS Jan 2007 – April 2008
Role: Network Service/Support Engineer
Norlight Communications can provide you the telecommunications solution to meet customer needs. Their integrated, global IP-based network was designed for the convergence of voice, video and data, and delivers services virtually anywhere on the planet - quickly, securely, and reliably.
- Network Engineer responsible for the full Planning, designing, installation and administration of the Corporate WAN
- Responsible for OSPF route engineering to ensure network stability to also include MPLS /LDP configuration for traffic engineering. Used features such as OSPF Summarization and SPF/LSA throttling.
- Troubleshooting MPLS VPNs issues like LDP-Synchronization, improper route target communities
- Worked on GSR 12416, GSR 12816 on various Engine 3 line cards. Upgrade and support of engine 5 line cards with 10GiGE SPAs and SIP-400.
- Configured RPR, RPR+ mode for SUP-720 redundancy for Cisco Catalyst 6504, 6513. Configured Cisco 12000 series routers as edge routers in a lab environment
- Tested various IOS releases for various routers such Cisco 12K Engine 3 line cards and Cisco 7600 series routers.
- Junipers were used as PE and also as core routers. Opened juniper cases for escalations with JUNIPER.
- Provided support on the Juniper M –Series and Juniper T –Series routers.
- Worked on various FPCs and PICs on M320 and T640. Upgrade and certification of MS and AS PICs on Juniper M320 routers.
- Worked on Juniper M320, Performed JUNOS upgrades, RE upgrades and installed new junipers from scratch also installedvariousfpc’s, pic’s.
- Worked on Juniper EX2200, EX2500, EX3200, EX4500.
- Hands on Experience in Juniper Networks’ Adaptive Services (AS) PICs (Various line cards modules in T-series and M-series routers.
- Designed the QoS infrastructure to provide proper priority and queuing based on type of the traffic.
- Knowledge about CBWFQ, LLQ, WRED policies.
- Implemented QoS using FIFO, Priority Queuing;
- Worked on CBWFQ, LLQ, WRED based profiles in a Cisco environment.
- Configured EBGP/IBGP policies, tested BGP attributes such as Local Pref, MED, AS-PATH, Community etc.
- Configured EIBGP load balancing, for customer routing scenarios Ensured stability of BGP peering interfaces and Peering Router configurations.
- Worked on Route-Reflectors to troubleshoot BGP issues related to customer route prefixes, BGP route filtering policy problems, ORF etc.
- Worked on issues related to customer access-lists and various security features.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of trouble-tickets, equipment RMAs, and support requests.
- Assist in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software related to IP Networking and VOIP
- Monitored network traffic and developed capacity planning initiatives, making necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Responsible for planning, installing, configuring and managing IP and VoIP network and carrier interconnections
- Supported a network with OSPF as the core routing protocol.
- Experienced with Cisco Catalyst switches such as CISCO 6513 and 6509 Gigabit Ethernet switches with SUP-720 and fabric enabled line cards
Confidential,Feb 2004 – Dec 2006
Role: Engineer – Network Control Group
- Configured various CPE routers such as Cisco 7200 VXR, Cisco 3640 for EBGP peering with GSR PEs.
- Worked on Catalyst 6513 series with SUP 720 processors with various line cards such as 24 port Gig E SFP, 48 port Gig E copper cards.
- Configured GSR PEs for NSR-SSO functionality.
- Designed and tested the QoS infrastructure to provide proper priority and queuing based on type of the traffic. Knowledge about CBWFQ, LLQ, WRED and DSCP based policies.
- Tested WRED mechanisms in the event of congestion
- Supported a network with OSPF as the core routing protocol. Configured EBGP/IBGP policies tested various BGP attributes such as Local Pref, MED, AS-PATH, and Community etc.
- Configured EIBGP load balancing, ORF and PBR for customer routing scenarios.
- Filtering with Prefix-Lists between PE and CE
- Implemented BGP capabilities like ORF,Route refresh and Extended communities, for various customers
- Applied and configured Route-Maps as BGP Filters, and also implemented various changes in BGP policies to influence path selection
- Implementing Changes in BGP Policy
- Configured OSPF summarization in a Multi area network consisting of Stub/Totally stub areas.
- Supported multi area OSPF implementations.
- Involved in configuration of OSPF Summarization(Summarize internal routes Summarize external routes),
- Scalability of OSFP by Filtering of Intra,Inter and External OSPF routes
- Improvement of OSPF convergence timings by controlling LSA generation,LSA flooding, SPF calculation, LSA throttling
- Improving OSPF convergence by controlling SPF algorithm, LSA/SPF throttling,
- Created MLPPP bundles and configured Crtp/LFI for low speed voice.
- Configured various load balancers. Configured and supported various Customer Avaya G700 and Cisco call manager implementations.
- Configured NSR, RPR+ mode for SUP-720 redundancy for Cisco Catalyst 6504, 6513. Configured Cisco 12000 series routers as PEs in a lab environment.
- Configured IPSEC tunnels to remote locations using EIGRP as routing protocol in a IPSEC over GRE configuration.
- Wireless Broadband - Base Station Operations & Maintenance
- Ensuring 99.9% uptime for all the Base Stations across the country.