- IT Professional with experience in Citrix, VMWare, Active Directory and Systems Engineering.
- Worked extensively on Planning, Designing, Integration, Capacity Management, Implementation, Configuration, Migration and Support of Citrix farms.
- Administration experience on Citrix versions starting from Metaframe 1.8, XP, PS 3.0 to PS 4.0 and PS 4.5(XenApp). Have successfully implemented numerous projects on creation of Citrix Farms, Zones, Load Balancing, Application Publishing, Streaming Applications, Migration & Upgrade, License addition and management and Server rebuilding.
- Successfully created a virtual Dev and Test environment and lead the migration of Citrix PS 4.0 farm to Citrix PS 4.5 to take advantage of Citrix PS 4.5 features such as Graphical Improvement, Enhanced end user experience, Health Monitoring, New console and easy management.
- Administration and Support of Virtual Environment. Managing Virtual Desktop Pools. Used XenDesktop to define and manage Virtual Desktop Pool.
- Successfully implemented Microsoft SoftGrid4.1 to complete the existing Citrix 4.5 environment for taking advantage of Application Virtualization.
- Integrally part of the implementation and maintenance of VMWare environment 3.0/3.5.
- Performed VMWare task including creating VMs, expanding and adding partitions, executing backups and restores for VMs and P2V.
- Expertise in Windows Server 2000 Active Directory services Implementation, managing user groups, remote access, web, terminal services, file systems, disk quotas, backup and recovery. A good working knowledge of windows server 2003 and windows 2003 Terminal Server Administration.
- Experience performing Windows server 2000 and 2003 server builds.
- Implemented patch management solution- WSUS and Shavlik Pro for managing patches for windows server.
- Familiarized with automation of tasks using Scripting.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Master of Science (Electrical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering(Electronics and Telecommunication)
- Citrix: Citrix Metaframe XP, Citrix Presentation Server 3.0/4.0/4.5, Client Version 10.1, Web Client, Program Neighborhood Agent, Application Publishing and packaging, Citrix Licensing, Load Balancer, Resource Manager, Installation Manager, Access Gateway, Xenserver
- VMWare: ESX Server 3.x, Virtual Center 1.0/2.0, Virtual Infrastructure 2.x/3.x, VM Management, Vmotion, DRS, HA, VM Template
- Platforms: Windows 95/98/XP/Vista, Windows 2000 Professional/Advance Server, Windows 2003 Web/Enterprise Edition Server, SQL 2000/2003
- Technology: Windows Terminal Server, Windows Clustering, Active Directory, Softgrid, IBM Director, HP SIM, Shavlik Patch Management Server, SMS
- Protocols: TCP/IP, iSCSI, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Ethernet
- Programming: C, C++, VB Script
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for XenApp 4 and 5 on Windows Server 2003
- Pursuing VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) certification
Role: Systems Engineer
Duration: Jun 2009 - Sep 2009
- Support their existing Citrix Environments.(Environment 1: XenApp 4.5 running on Windows Server 2003, 9 Servers, 30 Applications, 500 Concurrent Users)
(Environment 2: Citrix MetaFrame XP running on Windows Server 2000, 25 Servers)
- Troubleshooting daily Citrix related issues.(Users not able to connect, Applications running slow, Printer related issues etc..)
- Created a new Citrix build with new Active Directory Group Policy to properly configure lock down new environment.
- Install, Publish and Test new applications, Add new printers.
- Enable Shadowing for non Admin users to shadow required user group.
- Come up with a plan to migrate Citrix Xp farm to new XenApp 4.5 farm.
- Constantly monitor Load for the entire farm and come up with the recommendations to evenly balance the load.
- Install Rollup Packs and all available Hotfixes for XenApp 4.5 and Windows Server 2003 after extensive testing.
- Expand their Citrix Environment to support upto 2000 concurrent users by the end of this year.
- Capacity planning based on the current load.
- Build new Citrix Servers from scratch to support the new environment with 2000 concurrent users.
- Work with VMWare team to builde new Virtual Environment.(Installing ESX, Creating new VMs, Building new VMs, Planning resource pool for new VMS etc..)
- Create new Virtual test environment for Citrix.
- Conduct web meeting, coordinate with Vendor and users to implement new functionality in few Applications.
- Modify Active directory User properties for Citrix and other Application access.
Role: Citrix Consultant
Duration: Mar 2009
- Scope for Consultant - Client 1
- Best practice for Printing, Print driver installation and Citrix printer auto-creation.
- Recommendation if any of other print manager that could be used with Citrix.
- Citrix Profiles- Recommendations (Roaming, Local, Mandatory, Hybrid).
- Optimization of resources on Citrix Servers.
- Review Citrix Topology and give recommendation on securing Citrix for external access (NFUSE, SSL, Gateway….).
- Recommendation to upgrade our Citrix MPS4 environment to XenApp Server.
Role: Citrix/VMWare Administrator
Duration: Sep 2008 - Feb 2009
- Test, Deploy and Maintain Citrix Presentation Server XP/3.0/4.0 Farm servers. Developed an effective migration strategy to cut over to the newer citrix environment (Citrix PS 4.5) and increased user experience and IO performance for citrix users. Implemented Citrix Policies for Printing and centrally manage other application settings. Applied citrix load balancing to increase application availability.
- Administered Citrix Servers for the deployment of different resources including contents, desktops and applications such as MS Suite, Adobe etc. Also, responsible for maintaining the Citrix zones for these multiple subnets.
- Implemented a test environment of XenDesktop to define and manage various pools of Virtual Desktop for QA/Dev departments. Performed daily monitoring of virtual machines, manipulating virtual drives.
- Introduced SOFTGRID to complete the existing Citrix 4.0/4.5 Environment for taking advantage of Application Virtualization.
- Integrally part of the Implementation and Maintenance of VMWare Environment by performing tasks starting from installing ESX, installing and licensing Virtual Center, Deploying VMs (Creating new VMs, Importing, Cloning, Templates), taking Snapshots for backups to extensive administration involving Vmotion, HA and DRS.
- Installing and configuring Windows server 2000/2003 with Active Directory, DNS and DHCP, installing Domain Controllers, managing users and computers.
- Troubleshoot and Manage Terminal Servers and Services.
- Implemented Patch management solutions - WSUS and Shavlik Pro for managing patches for windows server.
- Performed Server Monitoring for HW and Faults, enabled offline/online messages using monitoring tools like IBM Director, SMS etc.
- Performed several Server Builds and defined Disaster Recovery processes to cover for the Server Availabilities.
Role: Citrix/Windows Administrator
Duration: Feb 2005 - Jul 2006
- Responsible for planning and incorporating Citrix into the environment consisting more than 1000 Users. Restructured the entire landscape of application deployment.
- Implemented Windows Server Cluster for Web Service.
- Created and Managed critical Citrix and Windows Policies for user security and administration also troubleshooting everyday Citrix issues.
- Installing Windows Servers with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS.
- Installing Domain Controllers.
- Managing Users, Groups and Computers.
- Performed steady state tasks which included managing and creating Active Directory Users and Groups and Organizational Units.
- Participated in entire Server Build Process.
- Involved in a project to evaluate and install all latest Service Packs and Patches for Windows Servers and PCs.