- Terry Tomlinson is an accomplished information technology and management consulting services leader with over 20 years of professional services experience.
- He has sold and managed multi - million dollar professional service engagements for clients throughout the United States and in a variety of industries.
- He has an excellent track record of optimizing client performance through the strategic transformational services, operational improvements, and information technology solutions in both private and public sectors.
- Mr. Tomlinson specializes in strategic solution sales, portfolio management, project management, data management and analysis, business process management and strategic planning.
- His industry experience includes government (federal, state and local), education and healthcare.
Healthcare: Bluecard, FACETS, FLEXX, IDX, HIGLAS, OSCAR
Microsoft Office Suite: Access, MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Financial: Oracle Financials 10g, QuickBooks
Statistical and Data Analysis, Integration and Reporting: Tableau, Business Objects, SAS, Excel, QLIX, Informatica, FirstLogic, Jaspersoft, IBM Big Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, Data Conversion, Data Profiling, Data Mapping, Data Mining and Analysis, Adobe Analytics, Executive Dashboard and Analytic Reporting
Relational Database Management Systems: ORACLE, SQL Server, IBM Informix
Program / Project Management: Team Building and Leadership, Meeting Facilitation, Strategy Planning and Project Scoping, Project Monitoring and Control, Budgeting, Resource Planning and Risk Management, Performance Management using Earned Value (EVM), IT Governance, Project Management Office (PMO)
Methodologies: Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), AGILE, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
Analysis and Process Frameworks: Six Sigma s DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) cycle, ITIL v3, Business Process Management Notation (BPMN), Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Strategy Maps, Balance Scorecard (BSC), and Strategy Development
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior CPIC Consultant/Investment Manager
- Achieve and maintain a passing (Green) rating for the MSIX Business Case since 2010.
- Experience with the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA).
- Manage and update MSIX Technology Business Management (TBM) data in eCPIC.
- Familiarity on the ED Enterprise Architecture (ED EA), the Federal Enterprise Architecture Business Reference Model (FEA BRM) and the ED Capital Planning and Investment Control (eCPIC) process.
- Manage the annual update for the Operational Analysis Report (OAR) activities for MSIX.
- Responsible for the development of the MSIX Analysis of Alternatives (AOA).
- Provide the Office of Migrant Education (OME) with budget formulation and execution services.
- Provide CPIC training to the Government, System Integrator/Operation & Maintenance Team and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) staff semiannually. This training explains the CPIC process, each CPIC Phase in detail, Federal IT Dashboard, IT Program Assessment and corresponding Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
- Manage the annual update for the IT Program Assessment (ITPA) activities for MSIX.
- Utilize the Department’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Investment and Acquisition Management Team (IAMT) Microsoft SharePoint as repository for all Program Assessment documentation and Corrective Action Plan (CAP).
- Manage all baseline change request (BCR) for any changes to the MSIX budget, project schedule or milestones.
- Support of the Migrant IT Investments by preparing the monthly, quarterly, and yearly OMB 300 updates and submissions and preparing and modifying the MSIX Business Case as necessary to meet Department requirements and timelines.
- Develop responses to ad hoc data requests from the Department’s IAMT.
- Complete the MSIX monthly and quarterly data calls for project schedule, cost, and risk updates.
- Complete requests for MSIX information during the Department’s Select and Control phases during the ED Capital Planning Process.
- Provide information on the ED Enterprise Architecture (ED EA), the Federal Enterprise Architecture Business Reference Model (FEA BRM) and the ED Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) processes as necessary to complete the updates in a timely manner.
- Provided current- and future-state business process flows across the department to identify opportunities for organizational efficiency.
- Administered benchmark analysis identifying quantitative Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance measurement and how their current performance compares to industry peers
- Implemented gap and SWOT analysis for Department.
- Provided strategic recommendations for the digital transformation of the Department which include automation of the collections and reporting processes.
- Identified $880k in cost savings through implementation strategy.
Services Provided: Information Technology (IT) Security Services
IT Security Team Lead
- Team lead for the ATF Information Systems Security Office (ISSO) Policy and Programs (P&P) Section.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Office of the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) related to Implementing Security baselines, policies, Procedures, Checklists, Security Engineering guidance.
- Conduct FEDRAMP Gap Analysis for ATF cloud solutions.
- Provide mobile governance, Mobile Application Vetting and testing, Mobile Secure Configurations, BYOD implementation.
- Conduct Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A), Continuous Monitoring, OMB A-123 Audits on financial systems and IV&V Audits.
- Work with external Auditors in support of GAO, CFO, FISMA and FISCAM Audits, Assessments and Management of Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M).
- Provide Contingency & Disaster Recovery Support, Change Management Plans, Incident Response Plans, Development of Configuration Security Checklists, Testing Frameworks, Handbooks and Standards.
- Provide support for the annual CFO Audit and the annual Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Audit.
- Manage and update the ATF Role Based Training (Incident Response (IR), Insider Threat, IT Contingency Plan (CP) training and Vulnerability Management (VM) training.
- Implement and oversee the ATF IT Contingency Planning efforts.
- Developed IT Contingency Planning Testing, Training and Exercise Plans and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP).
- Work with ATF IT Operations to ensure all internal systems completed rigorous IT Contingency Planning exercises on an annual basis.
- Provide Risk Analysis Mitigation to the ATF ISSO.
Confidential, McLean, VAIT Security Team Lead
- Developed the monthly Project Management Report for the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
- Provided Project Management support to the HIGLAS Project Management Office (PMO).
- Provided Activity Based Cost (ABC) analysis for the HIGLAS Program; analyzed System Integrator (SI) monthly invoices; provided Gap Analysis and provided independent assessments on proposed and active IT Capital Planning initiatives.
- Provided IT Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) and project management support to the Centers of Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) Healthcare Integrated General Ledger Accounting System (HIGLAS) Program Management Office (PMO).
- Assisted with the coordination and preparation of business data for program management reviews and Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Conducted monthly EVM analysis on the HIGLAS SI and One Program Integrity (One PI) programs.
- Provided business case and Acquisition support for the HIGLAS Program.
- Reviewed quality management plans, statements of work (SOW), and award-fee plans.
- Document monthly, quarterly, and annual HIGLAS program performance updates for agency-wide and external (HHS, OMB, U.S. Congress) reporting requirements.
Confidential . Washington, DC
- Project Manager for 1 Source Consulting for the ATF IT Capital Planning Services Support contract. Managed a team of 12 individuals and an annual budget of $3 million on a Base+4 Option Years contract.
- Provided portfolio management support services to the ATF Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
- Established IT Capital Planning & Investment Control (CPIC) processes and procedures in accordance with Department of Justice (DOJ) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) practices.
- Assisted the IT Capital Planning Program Manager with the preparation the Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) annual IT budget.
- Drafted and developed the ATF Web Policy; incorporated Board feedback
- Develop responses to Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) data calls.
- Managed the development and updates of all ATF OMB Exhibit 300 concept papers and business cases. ATF has 15 major business cases and over 50 minor business cases (Exhibit 53).
- Conducted Earned Value Analysis and update the Department of Justice (DOJ) Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Developed the ATF Earned Value Management (EVM) Policy.
- Assist with the development of the ATF IT Governance Policy.
- Prepared and delivered documentation, presentations, and briefings for ATF IT executive management.
- Experience with ATF and DOJ System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
- Manage the migration of claims from three (3) legacy systems to a new platform: Confidential 's OSCAR (Optimum System for Claims Adjudication and Reporting) system.
- Supervised 7 Business Analysts in claims and history migration.
- Responsible for an annual budget of $1,150,000 budget.
- Conduct pre- and post-implementation testing for claims, history, and group data.
- Run queries using relational databases (Access, SQL) for manipulating claims and group data.
- Conduct and review data mapping of history for converted claims.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Perform labor allocation reviews using activity based costing methodologies.
- Managed the internal Corporate Audit and Assurance Services (CAAS) restructuring project. Implemented cost centers for CAAS as part of their restructuring.
- Managed the design and coding of the PMPM (Per Member per Month) analysis for the entire Maryland network.
- Designed and maintained monthly, quarterly, and yearly updates of the Underwriting Gain and Loss (UG&L) report.
- Designed and maintain monthly claims and contracts reports for commercial business and the Federal Employee Program.
- Assisted with external consultants on the Oracle Cost Systems enhancements. This included testing of the Oracle Cost System and the Oracle Financial Analyzer.
- Perform Cost Accounting data variance and trend analysis.
- Lead and managed multiple projects and associated cross-functional and multi-disciplinary project teams in implementing corporate compliance.
- Assisted with the implementation of the regional managed care repositioning project. In this role, I was an internal consultant helping to bring to merge two HMO products into one regional HMO product.
- Internet research of legislative and statutory compliance issues.
- Developed implementation project plan. Assigning staff roles and responsibilities for the execution of the implementation and conversion by the assigned deliverable date.
- Monitored and tracked Information Technology systems enhancements.
- Facilitated weekly legislative meeting.
Provider Service Representative
- Resolve written, electronic, and telephone inquiries from providers.
- Proficient knowledge of HMO, PPO, FEP, NASCO, Bluecard, Indemnity, Medicare, and Medicaid products.
- Experience with claims adjudication.
- Provided on the job training to new Provider Service Representatives; served as a mentor during their first three (3) months on the job.
- Investigate inquiries from Contracting Providers and Members to include health care professionals, facilities, vendors, and the Maryland Insurance Commissioner’s Office received orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and services under specific contracts offered to subscribers.
- Research and investigate, discrepancy relating to claims, benefits, referrals and authorizations.
- Monitor complaints for route cause analysis.
- Experience with ICD-9 and CPT-4 Coding.
- Experience with DRG grouping and calculations.