Information Technology Specialist/Programmer focusing on client and software engineering. Diverse field of experience with both a fortune 500 corporation as well as a small entrepreneurial business. Strengths include application development, desktop engineering and Network administration. Recognized as “go-to-person” for internal automation development.
- Hardware: IBM/AIX 5.3, Dell servers, Quantum 1500 series tape drives
- Software Applications: Wise Installation system 9.0, Symantec Ghost, Avaya Site Administration Software, MS Access, Legato
- Operating Systems: Windows 9X, XP Client, Windows NT 4.0/2000/2003, UNIX/DOS
- Other: Visual SourceSafe, FTP/SFTP, Active Directory, SQL
Confidential, Delran, NJ
Systems Administrator Global Operations & Infrastructure
Managed over 200 servers, 3,000 desktops, applications and telephones at a standardized educational test processing center.
- Created a process to build a single desktop image for more than a dozen pc hardware platforms and over 3000 desktops across 6 geographic locations capable of naming and adding any desktop to the network by simply turning it on.
- Developed an interactive site map that facilitated remote administration for over 500 desktops in 2 buildings.
- Created a process that automatically launched and tested critical applications for functional or connectivity issues prior to the start of shift for over 3000 end users.
- Expedited the delivery of both new applications and existing application updates by repackaging installations so they could be deployed to an unlimited number of remote client desktops and installed without user intervention.
- Wrote an HTA application that reduced from several hours to a few seconds the time required to collect and publish critical system configuration data, as well as installed application information from windows 2000 and 2003 servers. This provided administrators with crucial server build and/or recovery documentation.
- Crafted a scheduled script to transfer data via sftp from customers’ servers as well as log and send automated notifications in the event of errors or inconsistencies.
- Created an application that reduced the time to create new active directory and MS Exchange account from several minutes per account to a few seconds.
- Built a bootable USB key which was useful as a desktop recovery tool as well enabling the deployment of desktop images via Norton Ghost without the use of a sever.
Served primarily as technical liaison between Uniscore and McGraw-Hill processes. Leveraged knowledge of Uniscore’s proprietary data structures to provide software solutions to integrate into McGraw-Hill’s systems.
- Developed a tool that automated the process of deploying applications to over 50 servers and 3000 desktops across 6 remote locations.
- Developed data conversion application that facilitated seamless integration for over 130 Uniscore clients’ data into McGraw-Hill systems.
Provided technical and software support for electronic K-12 standardized test scanning and scoring systems.
- Developed applications for Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) document scanners.
- Worked with sales and support staff and school administrators to establish custom test assessment and reporting packages over 130 K-12 school districts.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
106 credits, Computer Science, Confidential, Newark, NJ
Turbo Pascal Programming, Confidential, Hamilton, NJ
MSCSP, Computer Programming /w Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ
MSCSP, Visual Basic 6.0 programming, Online Consulting, Philadelphia, PA
Network+, New Horizons, King Of Prussia, PA
Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment, ONLC Training Center, Mt. Laurel, NJ