Extensive expertise in enterprise architecture, including, infrastructure optimization, security and compliance management, storage and resource management, and business continuity to enable business units to drive growth, profits and decrease risks and costs.
Possess extensive knowledge and accomplishments in leadership, and strategic planning execution, emerging technology testing and deployment, customer relations and support, and account management.
Excellent at verbal, written, communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels. Innovative, creative, analytical, and motivated. Excel at strategic planning and design.
Strong record of success in working with business teams to evaluate needs, and technical teams, to set strategies in design, development, deployment and implementation. Experience with robust IT architectures, products integration and infrastructures. Proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing costs and risks.KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
- Identified and implemented solutions to improve network communications while eliminating downtime. Successfully issued, tracked and received 2.5M in network orders over a 6 year period.
- As a team member assisted in installation and inaugural run of the latest ship as the sole network engineer on board during a 30 day period to support over 1250 POE switches, the core IDF and MDF switches as well as over 800 lightweight access points, 3000 set top boxes for both crew and passenger television.
- Participated as the network team representative in our business continuity design, testing and process enhancement.
- Was the sole person responsible for the VPN solutions in place which went from a legacy Microsoft server to Cisco 3000 VPN concentrators and most recently configured and implemented newer Cisco 5540 redundant ASAs using both SSL and IPSEC via the Cisco client.
- As a senior member of the team was a key participant in the Miami headquarters Data Center redesign which included new cabling, cabinets and racks, consolidating standalone 2U servers into blade centers and ensuring that all systems had redundancy to two new 6509 Cisco cores.
- Purchased, configured and deployed a new core network, wireless and long range phone system for our private island in the Bahamas and was solely responsible for it’s support which included being a point of contact for Marine Operations and the islands satellite provider.
- Responsible for supporting seasonal repositioning of the fleet for the first embark. This includes ensuring ahead of time the ship’s IT staff are aware of any changes in the pier’s infrastructure and that both wired and backup wireless communications from ship to shore work flawlessly during passenger check-in.
- Successfully deployed equipment for three new offices in Hawaii to support the US’ only US flagged ocean going cruise ships in over 50 years.
- Successfully configured, deployed and maintained centrally managed Bluecoat SG based Proxy appliances at seven land based offices and ten ships. This was an immediate cost savings to the company by effectively blocking users, especially from ships with low but expensive bandwidth, unauthorized for internet access as well as filtering all internet traffic eliminating possible legal issues resulting in allowing access to offensive or dangerous sites.
- Configured and deployed new Cisco 4500 and 6500 switches fleet wide replacing outdated 4000s.
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Security Access Management
- Project Management
- Data/Internet Security
- MXP Procurement and Order Processing
- Network System Engineering
- Bluecoat SG and Packetshaper
- Video Surveillance
- Solarwinds Orion
- Microsoft NT, XP, Windows 7 2000/Exchange/Citrix
- Polycom Video Conferencing
- Engenius Phone Systems
- Checkpoint Firewall
12/11 Present Networking Consultant
- Manage direct customer relations, design and implementation for small business systems.
- Responsible for requirements gathering and systems recommendations, pricing, ordering and provisioning.
12/09 09/11 Confidential,
Senior Network Engineer, Miami, Florida
- Manage new product development; product enhancement and product cost reduction.
- Manage new and existing pier network infrastructure throughout the fleet including VPN connectivity to corporate headquarters for remote support.
- Responsible for support of the NCL Private Island IT resources including desktop/laptops, phone system, satellite system and Cisco based infrastructure.
- Responsible for new installation, upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting WAN/LAN issues on a daily basis.
- Develop the technical skills and experience of the engineering organization.
- Develop, implement and test disaster recovery plans and contribute to the broader business continuity plans.
- Test and/or assist in deployment of new technology for all areas of IT.
- Support of MPLS network configuration modifications and backup site to site internet based VPN tunnels using Cisco 3000 concentrators, routers and ASAs for endpoint termination.
- Maintained both Checkpoint and ASA/PIX firewalls.
- Support of both land and shipboard LANs consisting of Cisco routers, switches and wireless access points.
01/91-12/09 Electronic Data Systems
12/94-12/2009 Senior Infrastructure Specialist Confidential, Miami, Florida
- Responsible for upgrading the network from a class B design to a class C subnet architecture.
- Upgraded the network from a 10MB network using Synoptics Hubbs to a Cisco 10/100MB based network.
- Introduction of videoconferencing using a Tandberg system with legacy circuits. Later implemented multiple Polycom systems with MGC video conferencing system allowing for a large cost savings by eliminating the need for travel both domestically and internationally.
- Upgrade and maintenance of all network equipment as required.
- Responsible for research, testing and implementation of new technologies.
- Team Lead of a three person Network Team supporting four offices and six ships.
2/93-12/94 Team Lead, Confidential, Boca Raton, Florida
- Managed the daily operations of the Information Technology infrastructure and telecommunications systems.
- Developed and implemented company wide policies and procedures related to Network Hardware, Software, Acquisition, User Support, Network Security and Disaster Recovery.
- Responsible for overseeing and training of staff for collection and processing of Call Detail Records for WorldCom’s long distance switching network. Duties included daily reporting and reconciliation of records processed, process improvement and automation of nightly switch downloads and CDR record conversion for input into the IXPlus billing system.
- RPG programmer for the ATC/LDDS billing platform. Assisted the company, once based in South Florida, to become one of the largest long distance companies in the US. MCI/WorldCom.
1/91-2/93 Systems Administrator ,Confidential,Bedminster, New Jersey
- Responsible for monitoring servers, printers and performing backups of corporate systems. Quickly moved to an Informix programming group to manage AT T’s StarServer Unix platform.
- COBOL programmer for reconciliation of legacy billing systems.
A.A.S in Management and Information Systems