Information Technology Professional with 13 years experience. Highly proficient at systems analysis, installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, and development of the Windows and Novell platforms. Experience in structured System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).Extensive experience in network management, estimation, strategic planning and systems implementation. Recognized for delivering projects within client’s fixed budget and time constraints while maintaining quality of application, team morale, and client satisfaction. Effective leader and team builder with strong strategic, and change management skills. Recognized for ability to think “out of the box” and well regarded as a team player.TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
Installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2003 / 2000 Prof. (Server and Workstation), Windows 7, Vista(desktop), XP, NT 4.0 (Server and Workstation), Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server, Novell Server 5x/4.x/3.x. Experienced with both HP. Compaq and Dell hardware.
Administration Services; Configuration and administration of ADS and NDS, DHCP and DNS, NWIP, FTP, NDPS, VLAN’s, NWAdmin, Console 1, Adrem Console, NDS Manager, DS expert, EA Admin, Telnet, VMWARE, Norton A/V Corporate edition 8x, 7x, Trend Micro Corporate edition A/V server and workstation, Clientele, PC Anywhere, Web Jet-Admin, Jet Admin, Archserve for Novell Netware, Windows 2000 and NT4, Seagate Backup Exec for Windows 2003 and 2000, Compaq Insight Manager, for Novell 5x/4x/3x, Windows 2000 server and NT4 server as well as many others.
Archserve Backup 6.1/6.6/2000, Seagate Backup Exec 9.0, 9.1, EMC Retrospect for Windows server 2003, Remedy reporting, Trend Micro Anti Virus Corporate Edition Server and Workstation, Norton Anti-Virus Corporate Edition Server and Workstation, Microsoft Office Suite 2007 to 95, Outlook 2007 to 97, CCMail, Nortel VPN, Cisco VPN, Terminal Session Extra 6.3, CaLANdar and many others.PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Systems Analyst /Estimator 06/2008 – 06/2010
- Provide project analysis, cost analysis, estimation, procurement and project management for external clients
- Develop, plan, implement and administrate Windows 2003 server systems for company production environment. Install, configure and automate an EMC Retrospect Backup solution for all company servers.
- Development, design and implementation of an Access database which tracks and provides documentation for all company inventory, purchase orders and transfer orders.
- Development, design and implementation of various Excel spreadsheets which automates the company’s bidding processes and procedures reducing operations redundancy thereby increasing the efficiency of our office administrations group.
- Provide software support “A-Systems” accounting invoicing and estimation software support, application training and new application research analysis, updates, client side configuration and support.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Active Directory, DHCP, Scripting, Group policies, LAN/WAN topologies, Linksys RV-016, MS Office 2007, EMC Retrospect 7.6, A-Systems (Accounting Software), Norton Internet Security 2010.
Confidential,Systems Analyst / (self employed)
Systems Analyst / Consultant specialist for local businesses and individual clients. 01/2005 – 05-2008
Specializing in Windows 2003 Server, 2000 server, Vista, XP Professional and Home workstations.
Application Administrator / QuickBooks Pro Contractor 2007 - High Country Masonry Inc.,
Responsible for implementation and administration of QuickBooks Pro Contractor software to manage all company finances. QuickBooks Pro Contactor used for payroll, billing, invoicing, job costing, estimates & contracts.
Environment: Windows Server 2000-2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS Scripting, Group policies, LAN/WAN topologies, MS Office 2000-2003-2007, EMC Retrospect 7.6, Seagate Backup Exec., Arcserve, Norton Internet Security 2005- 2008-2010, QuickBooks Pro Contractor.
Confidential,New York, NY Random House / Arvato Systems - Sr. Systems Administrator / Technical Specialist 05/1999 – 01/2005
- Project management and networking analysis. Cost analysis and procurement of systems hardware and software for internal and external Random House and Arvato Systems Business Units.
- Develop, plan and implement networking environments for new clients
- Engineering and installation of Windows servers into the aggregate network
- Installation and migration of Systems, Software and users for both internal and external clients
- Server administration for the aggregate network of over 130 Windows 2003, 2000 and Novell 5x servers.
- Provide third level support to over 12 desktop analysts
- Design, development and implementation of systems applications for network management and administration
- Direct management and supervision of 8 Desktop support analysts for internal business units.
- Provide network and server support to external clients and customers
- Strong ability to research and develop alternative technical solutions in a constantly changing environment
- Provide file, print and database access on multiple platforms to users Nation wide.
- Provide third level network and systems support to multiple business units within the Bertelsmann company
Environment: Windows Server 2000-2003, Novell 5x Servers, Windows 2000, Windows XP, ADS and NDS, DHCP and DNS, NWIP, FTP, NDPS, VLAN’s, NWAdmin, Console 1, Adrem Console, NDS Manager, DS expert, EA Admin, Telnet, Scripting, Group policies, LAN/WAN topologies, MS Office XP-2000-2003, Arcserve, MS Exchange 5.5, Remedy, HP Openview, Norton Anti-Virus Corporate Edition Server and Workstation, Seagate Backup Exec., EA Admin, Compaq Insight Manager, Web Jet-Admin, Jet Admin.
Confidential,New York, NY 10/1998 – 05/1999
BMG - Executive Analyst / Applications and Technology Support
- Project manager of desktop O/S conversion for North America
- Provide hardware and software support for top-level Executive personnel
- Application database conversion and migration
- Application software implementation and integration
- Upgrade and testing of hardware and software for Y2K compliance
Environment: Windows 95-98, NT-3.51, NT-4.0, Windows MS Office 95-97,Norton Anti-Virus, Trend Micro A/V Server & Workstation, AOL, SQL, CC-Mail,
Confidential,New York, NY 05/1997 – 10/1998
Network Administrator -Year-2000 Program Management
- Manager of Year-2000 LAN support personnel
- Server administration for the aggregate network
- Application software implementation and integration
- Provide end-user support for over 420 users
Environment: Novell 3.12 /4.11 /4.2 Servers, NT 4.0 Servers, Windows 95-98, NT-3.51, NT-4.0, Windows MS Office 95-97,Norton Anti-Virus, McAfee Anti-Virus, Trend Micro Anti-Virus, AOL, SQL, CC-Mail,EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS
Masters in Network Information Systems