- Around 7+ years of experience in IT Industry with ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM), Devops/Agile Operations, Build/ Release management, Source Controls & Application server management,System Administration, AWS and Cloud Management.
- Worked on source control tools like GIT, perforce on UNIX & Windows Environments, migrated SVN repositories to GIT.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for building of deployable Artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code. Experience in setting up the Ant, Maven build scripts for JAVA & J2EE applications
- Implanted Continuous Integration concepts using Hudson, Bamboo, Jenkins, Visual Studio and Snap CI.
- Experience in building, packaging and installation of apps developed in Java or .Net platform .
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Experience in scripting for automation and monitoring usingShell,Perl,scripts.
- Experience in integrating UnitTests and codeQuality Analysis Tools like JUnit, SonarQube and Find bugs.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle 10g/11g, MSSQL, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB. PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ApacheTomcat/ JBOSS,IIS7
- Experience in load balancing and monitoring with Nagios.
- Experience in working with ITIL Methodologies,Agile/SCRUM based product development teams, collect database requirements and provide solutions and recommendations for new schema, infrastructure or Architecture.
- Experienced on Storage concepts related to iSCSI SAN, NAS &EMC CLARiiON, Netapp, Hitachi storage technologies.
- Migrating servers, databases, and applications from on premise to AWS,Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using PowerShell, TFS and Python Scripting.
- Experience in automating the AWS resources by usingAnsible/Chef.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines,Cloud Services.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Conceived, designed, installed and implemented Puppet configuration management system
- Deployedandconfigured ChefServer including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning. Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Experience on Cloud technologies like VMWARE/VSPHERE, AWS and Openstack.
- Experience with IBM Rational Suite as an Administrator of the suite on a Linux environment.
- Experience in working on cloud AWS cloud EC2, S3, RDS, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS python SDK.
- Support for implementing redundant monitoring hosts using Nagios, tools like Splunk or loogly for log management.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis,Planning, Developing, Testing, and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects,
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows,Red Hat Linux, Cent OS and VMware Environments.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Windows.
Web/Application Servers: ApacheTomcat 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, WebLogic,IBM WebSphere 6.x, IIS server 5.0/6.0/7.0
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle,and Installsheild.
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory .
Version control: Subversion, Harvest, CVS, Clear Case, GIT.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Team Forge, Bamboo,Udeploy.
CM/Provisioning Tools: Puppet, chef, Ansible, NginX.
Database: SQL Server, Oracle 9i,10g, MYSQL, DB2,Mongo DB.
Cloud Services: AWSCloud services,Microsoft Azure, Cloud storage,GoogleCloud, Kubernetes, Docker,VMware.
Programming Languages: C, Java,J2EE, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, XML, YAML
Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest,Service Now
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Wireshark, Splunk, and AppDynamics.
Network Protocols: LDAP,TCP/IP,UDP,FTP,SFTP,HTTPS,SSL,DNS & DHCP
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Devops/AWS Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Working closely with DevOps Architects to analyze, review and clarify design architecture on tools Implementation, Build and Deploy automation.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch .
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration management .
- Creating snapshots and amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances
- Design, develop and, maintenance of automated tooling codes in shell scripting .
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Android, iOS, VMWare, Amazon EC2.
- Migrating servers, databases, and applications from on premise to AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Developed Shell Scripts and Perl for automation of the build and release process.
- Used Nagios for monitoring the backend servers.
- Performed Automation deployment using Kubernetes.
- Configured SQL server scheduled backups for TFS data tier.
- Deployed spring boot applications on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Created Kubernetes Clusters on AWS for Java Web Applications.
- Expertise in developing Enterprise and Web services using SOAP/REST services.
- Automated test scripts for web applications with RUBY and WATIR testing module.
- Used Chef to automate the node configuration setup and maintenance.
- Automated Application Deployment with Puppet.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments
- Performed SCMaudits and provided reports against process and procedures in development, build and releases of the Projects as per internal proprietary defined standards and steps.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems also used Selenium.
- Set up uDeploy server along with automated scripts to back up the server and restore from backup for Disaster recovery.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Performed Automated Deployments using UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Play Framework integrated with AKKA to implement REST BASED API with java codes.
- Administered Group Policies and ADDS
- Managed server clusters ranging from SQL, IIS and WCF
- Application interactions with the help of web services XML, UDDI.
- Installation and configuration of Web logic 11g & 12c, JBoss EAP 6 on Linux servers.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and e ensure security of systems.
- Load Balancing with fail over and back up services.
- Experience in LDAP and Jenkins Integration, designed and developed integrated solutions through these Devops tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of products.
- DevOps in monitoring team Development operations of monitoring systems customer communications platform(CCP) infrastructure.
- Managed daily and nightly Integration test builds for Dev Teams sizing up to 15 and ensured the build stabilization for nightly deploys
Environment: ASP.NET,Perl,Shell,Python,VirtualMachines,ADDS,Kubernetes,Puppet,API,LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX,MI,Nagios,JIRA,Azure,S3buckets,Splunk,Chef,Jenkins,GIT,SVN,Docker,CloudWatchgooglecloud, Datacenter Migration .
Confidential, Wexford, PA
Build & Release Engineer
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process and tools with approval from development and other affected teams.
- Managed Windows virtual servers and Ubuntu Linux (Rack space and AWS EC2) with Chef using GIT.
- Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Configuring Anthill Pro as a common build engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QMG, UAT, PROD, and DR to UNIX environments.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process
- Designed and scripting using ANT & MAVEN for (J2EE, Web Services, Reusable JARS, Web Client and Open Source) in creating MasterBuild.xml, Build. Properties & Pom.xml files and provided technical support to development team for compilation problems.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Patch management review via PowerShell script to discovered current patch status and deploy patches to effected systems, implemented Windows Update Services (WSUS) to schedule updates.
- Implement containerized workflows into customer environments through use of Docker tools and supporting technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, Consul, and other open source codebases.
- Managed and maintained operating systems on servers (Web servers, Database servers & Mail servers) and networking devices.
- Used TFS source control to deploy application
- Server Task Automation through PowerShell Script Creation.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Having experience of working in extensive Process-oriented environment.
- Installed and configured code rules, keys of Sonar for code analysis and created of SonarQube dashboards for different team members based on their roles to monitor the progress of project source code.
- Experience working with bit bucket plugins in Jenkins for Private repositories.
- Configured TCP/IP for servers, workstations, and setup of complete network.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN and GIT servers, which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- Administered 7 Bamboo servers and Jenkins which includes install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance
- Created multiple automation tools geared for safe Cluster management, Service and IIS restarts, Parallel bit deployments, VM deployments, and general server management automation.
- Build and Release Java Applications to DEV, Test, Pre-Prod and Prod Environments.
- Provided the development, testing, staging and production environments to the new J2EE application development and implementation.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins, Nexus, SVN, Blade logic and WebSphere.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Installed, configured, administered and supported WebSphere Application Server 6.0/6.1/7.0 on LINUX environment.
- Expertise in JVM builds and deploying applications on the application server.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each buckets, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each buckets.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Written Chef Cookbooks andrecipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Written several cookbooks which include recipes to perform Installation and Configuration tasks involving jdk, tomcat, WebLogic binaries installation and domain creations.
- Configured complex middleware environments with several variations of tomcat installations consisting of 3-5 instances in each installation.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Guided Scrum teams on Agile/Scrum practices and coach them to achieve higher goals and setup cohesive work environment.
- Written custom resources, created various roles & environments and used chef handlers for various auto kickoff requirement jobs
- As a part of Job I also had responsibility to maintain the networking form AWS cloud back to On-Prem connectivity and no direct internet access from AWS cloud VPC to the rest of the world (Internet).
- Worked with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags, modified AMI permissions.
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound /Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Leveraged AWS S3 service as Build Artifact repository and created release based buckets to store various modules/branch based artifact storage.
- Experience in Installation of Oracle and MySQL
- Experienced in Installing,Configuring & Monitoring using NAGIOS, Site scope and GRAPHITE.
- Utilized Cloud Watch service to monitor the QA/on demand instances, S3 metrics, configuring alarms for performance environments during load testing.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Chef.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers. .
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker image s and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Configured the setup of every release biweekly and monthly on the regular basis for product teams to perform integration testing.
- Maintained over 40+ jobs in Jenkins from 8 different Application teams for over 4-5 releases in parallel.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins,NEXUS,Ansible,Install Shield, Shell, Perl, Docker, Tomcat, Middleware,Nagios,Splunk, Chef, AWS cloud, WebLogic Servers.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Build& Release Engineer
- Automate Remote Deployment of Builds into Dev, Test & Production servers.
- Integrate Automation scripts with build & Monitor build verification test status.
- Troubleshooting issues with builds and compiler tools.
- Administration & Trainings on CM process and tools like Subversion/SVN, Jenkins.
- Setup process & maintain the Archive of software releases (internal & external) & and manage build equipment and contents
- Developing & generating Build summary reports and send to leadership team.
- Experience in deployment (Manual / Automated) into Test & Production servers.
- Experience setting up Plan/Build & Refresh environments for multiple Projects.
- Develop and maintain build framework in Perl and Unix Shell for atomization of activities on Workflow execution steps.
- Handling Oracle 11i Objects Patch Migration activities.
- Work with engineering team leads/IT team/senior management to provide timely resolutions for development environment and maintain service level agreements
- Implemented and managed, as Build, Configuration & Release Lead, builds and source code branching as well as QC and integration testing environments
- Designed, Implemented and maintained build, source, bug tracking and delivery processes, as Configuration Lead, to enable multiple branch and release builds
- Designed and implemented release automation infrastructure and tools
- Co-ordinate with PM, QA and implementation teams to ensure accuracy, tracking and version control in releases. Planning and setup of disaster recovery processes
- Automation and monitoring of Java platform build system including automation using Jenkins and dependency management using Maven and Sonatype Nexus.
- Setup of continuous integration tools and deployment automation using Jenkins for all environments including SIT, UAT and production.
- Packaging and installer automation of deliverables.
- Source code repository management for multiple development and production support code streams.
- Setup and management of tools to support DevOps activities including Crowd, Fisheye, SONAR, parasoft etc.
- User management using LDAP and SSO setup for ensuring access control.
- Setup and Administration of JIRA with required scripting and customisations.
- Monitoring SDLC process compliance with respect to release and change procedures and suggesting improvement.
- Planning and reviewing change procedures and incident reporting.
Environment: SVN,Hudson,Maven,LDAP,JIRA,Sonar QUBE,JAVA,PERL,puppet,Apache HTTP Server
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Java Developer/Build Engineer
- Developed 32 UI screens using HTML, JSP, and Java Script.
- Implemented MVC design pattern using Spring MVC Framework in cardholder application.
- Responsible for the requirement gathering and analysis.
- Prepared Design documents.
- Used Java Server Pages for content layout and presentation.
- Encapsulated Business Rules in PL/SQL packages and the data was written to the database in accordance the business rules.
- Used JDBC API for interaction with the Oracle Database.
- Debugging and testing of the applications & fine-tuning performance.
- Provided maintenance support in production environment.
- Responsible for coding the corresponding controllers.
- Prepared and executed test plans -Involved in unit, system and Integration testing.
- Supported the QA and UAT bug fixes.
- Responsible for the Branching and Merging with SVN SCM.
- Responsible for maintaining the ANT build.xml’s for all the projects.
Environment: HTML, Java, J2EE, Oracle 8i, JSP, Java Script, PL/SQL, ANT, SVN.
Confidential, Westerville, OH
- Installation of Ubuntu and RHEL operating systems on HP and dell.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation and configuration of Webserver(Apache 2.2.17), MySQL5.5 and PHP in a LAMP stack.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Assisted in upgrading RHEL5.0 to RHEL5.5andRHEL5.5 to RHEL6.0 using live upgrade and manual upgrade.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and also debugging Scripts.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement.
- Maintaining the Linux Firewall for network and implement to the network security.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux.
- Used LVM for the management of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP and DNS Samba services running on AIX, Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, winscp, and FileZilla.
Environment: SSH, RHEL, SFTP, FTP, SCP, winscp, FileZilla, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, VMware