Major: Computer Information Systems -Wired and Wireless Technologies
Help Desk / end-user LAN/Hardware/Software support/Desk Top Support
System Documentation, Inventory and SOP and policy creation
MS Windows XP and Vista configurations, Server 2003, Exchange Server, Active Directory
VERITAS Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Ciscoworks. RedHat Linux, Symantic Ghost
Windows 98/2000/XP Operating Systems and 7, Outlook 2000/XP, Office 2007
MSIE, TC/IP, VPN and IIS, Remote Desktop, Citrix/Xen App
June 2011- September 2011
- Track calls for help desk assistance and resolution with Remedy and MS SharePoint. Make software upgrades, virus and spyware removal and Application Support.
- Provide configuration assistance with handheld mobile devices for application downloads Exchange setups and syncs.
- Offer remote users assistance with troubleshooting network connectivity testing and follow up support.
- Manage remote access for users by means of Go to Assist, MS Office Communicator, Juniper Networks (Network Connect), Remote Desktop Client and Terminal Services Manager (Citrix).
- Responsible for providing support for Windows 98/2000/XP Operating Systems and 7, Outlook 2000/XP, Office 2007
- Troubleshoot and provide support for Exchange 2003, resolve active directory account and login Issues.
- Escalated unresolved end user issues including network, outages to engineer department for further research, and resolution.
September 2009- September 2010
- Identifying key drivers that increase/decrease contact and ticket volumes.
- Working with the information resource manager and other technical support departments for improvements and drive appropriate follow up action; results such as customer satisfaction, productivity and agent effectiveness.
- Complete weekly audits of Tier 1 tickets and call recordings, create reports from audits showing needs of service.
- Working closely with technical support and information resource manager to help achieve departmental objectives.
- Utilizing a variety of tools to perform root cause analysis to identity key factors impacting support performance, service quality in the field, customer satisfaction and Analyze Client Care Calls.
- Research and follow-up with customers on service failure escalations to address end user needs.
- Reduce in percentage of client care calls based on identifying the reasons for the calls and filling gaps.
- Research and follow-up with customers on service failure escalations to address end user needs.
Confidential,Service Desk Analyst
January 2008 – September 2009
- Perform communications via telephone and email, to resolve software and hardware issues for all State Department posts, consulates and embassies over for 60,000 users throughout the world in a LAN/WAN environment operating in a Windows NT 4.0 environment, assisted by creating and tracking trouble tickets with Universal Ticket Transport ticket tracking software and Remedy. Support users configuring Microsoft Outlook
- Coordinate with internal departments to assist with establishing the origin of users’ issues and escalate the user’s concern to survey and provide resolution. Troubleshot basic PC problems including configuring Microsoft and other DOS proprietary applications.
- Classify the level of support needed to triage and prioritize each ticket created to resolve software and hardware issues for users needing assistance. Evaluate ease of use for users for Department of State intranet Websites and software report and escalate complications to establish the nature of the problem and provide resolution.
- Facilitator in the reporting of specific communication outages with internet servers and other DOS communication utilities such as encrypted data, Open-net, Class-net and Cable Xpress. Resolve active directory issues that occur that prohibit user’s Windows NT login and access to systems
- Using common but proprietary DOS applications and software to assist with website communication and user usage in a classified and unclassified communications environment encompassing Remote Desktop via SMS, MS Office suites, reset network passwords and provide application support for DOS applications and software.
September 2008 – July 2009
- Responsible for migrations/upgrades, and using basic Internet protocols and services and DNS Servers. Monitor system servers to ensure disk-to-disk-to-tape backup and recovery is maintained, ensure patch and virus software updates are made, and deploy patches and server updates as needed using Remote Desktop Client, SMS and provide frontline support for all United States Coast Guard GOTS applications.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining network systems communication and connectivity. Resolving network log-in issues, tuning workstations and installing new workstations and printers.
- Provide service in a classified environment with the Telecommunications and Information System Command for end-user organizations, both in person and over the phone, create and tracking trouble tickets using Remedy ticket tracking software.
Provide systems support services for a government enterprise-wide client-server network using a combination of Windows NT, 2000 and XP, servers and workstations.
- Manage and Maintain the Helpdesk software, Responsible for testing, validating and responding to service outages along with coordinating with site technician to resolve outages.
- Use Active Directory to create, move, delete and update user and group accounts, Microsoft Exchange (Groups/Users) and reset network passwords and maintenance, set GPO’s. Manage domain access rights and permissions, application and print servers.
- Maintain MS Windows image library, resolve break/fix hardware. Maintain and update product knowledge base with updates and commonly used resolutions.
DEERS/RAPIDS Network Engineering
Confidential,Jr. Systems Administrator
February 2007- January 2008
- Conduct communications with DEERS/RAPIDS and DBIDS site installer to ensure network communication have been established, ensure firewall contacts to determine possible communication methods and whether there are routers/load balances/firewalls that need to be configured to achieve successful communications.
- Update service desk database with network communications information, created and tracked trouble tickets with Trackit. Ticket tracking software.
- Monitor system servers to ensure disk-to-disk-to-tape backup and recovery is maintained, ensure patch and virus software updates are made, and deploy patches and server updates as needed.
- Use Active Directory to create, move, delete and update user and group accounts, Microsoft Exchange (Groups/Users) and reset network passwords and active directory maintenance.
- Contact application users at affected locations to coordinate changes for new firewall port configurations using basic Internet protocols and communication for VPN connectivity.
- Provide modifications or upgrades of site connectivity by performing a communications survey to determine what modifications are required for supported systems and /or routers (s)/load balancers/firewalls and how to complete these with minimal disruption to normal business function.
- Coordinate with base and Service Security agencies in conjunction with DMDC to maintain a mutually acceptable security posture.
- Troubleshoot and work with organizations to resolve LAN/WAN communications outages.
- Provide network analysis and trouble ticket analysis for sites experiencing repetitive problems.
Confidential,June 2006- January 2007
- Tracked calls and emails offer help desk assistance, resolution and education by providing assistance for government financial software, assisted by creating and tracking trouble tickets with Footprints.
- Provide Tier 1 application support by Assisting with instructional help to determine problems and classify level of support needed to triage and prioritize issues of the software user.
- Tracked user requests, information, and problem reporting by opening incident tracking tickets via Footprints, to keep ticket histories current and complete to monitor the successful resolution of the call, providing progress reporting and status as necessary to the customer.
- Escalated unresolved customer issues including website outages to tier II department for further research, and resolution.
- Provided user comprehension of software usage and structure.
- Tested software for ease of use to assist in determining precedence of users concerns.
Web Support Specialist
January 2005- June 2006
- Provided desk top support, resolution and education by providing users of various vendor accounts with step by step instructional help to determine problems and classify level of support needed, prioritize issues of the account holder to establish the nature of the problem, assisted by creating and tracking trouble tickets with Remedy and MS access.
- Researched, resolved and responded to Tier III inquiries for hardware, software issues and logins, documenting the steps taken to resolve issues regarding SSL, browser configurations and peripherals.
- Tested vendor websites to evaluate ease of use for customers
- Provided user instruction, troubleshoot for and resolve issues related to websites, hardware, software, LANs, WANs, activation of accounts and login information.
- Unlocked user accounts, reset logins and password access via phone calls and email.
- Accessed customer account and login information to re-create issues, troubleshoot and resolve problems effectively to promote customer satisfaction and retention.
- Addressed customer login issues using Microsoft desktop applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook Internet Browser software: MS Internet Explorer, Netscape, Fire Fox, Apple: Safari, Opera and Mac: Camino, disabling and configuring firewalls and browser settings to allow customers to have full access and view information on websites.
Customer Support Lead Agent
March 2004- December 2004
Technical Customer Care Representative
October 2003- March 2004
Customer Relations and Technical Consultant
July 1999- October 2003
November 1995- July 1999
Child Rearing, Special Studies and Travel
Customer Service Representative
January 1990- October 1995