- Over 8+ years of Linux, DevOps, cloud Engineer experience in IT Infrastructure and Hosting based 24X7 support environment. With solid experience in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Worked in various Linux server environments from DEV all the way to PROD and along with cloud powered strategies embracing AWS, Openstack.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in SDLC methodologies like Agile/Scrum and Waterfall.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Created dynamic AWS cloud infrastructure using Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible. Implemented Base images for quicker and more consistent deployments using Ansible.
- Experience in building private cloud infrastructure of Openstack deploying through Puppet and maintaining them in production. Also, worked on Openstack service using CLI i.e. Nova, Swift, Cinder, Horizon, Keystone & Glance.
- Extensive experience on working with the Configuration/Deployment Tools like CHEF (Knife, recipe, cookbook), ANSIBLE (Playbook, inventory) and PUPPET (Puppet manifests, Factor, catalog).
- Migrated Virtual machines and Data to AWS using AWS Connectors install AWS Connector OVA to Vcenter then export/import Virtual Machines and transfer data using Snowball, Direct Connect.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous integration (CI) and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar & war) from source code and static code analysis using Sonar Qube, Gerrit .
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like SVN, GIT and BIT Bucket on Linux and Windows environment.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files. Built various containers using Docker Engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes , clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes .by installing kubectl, minikube, kubeadm.
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier, Worked with various AWS, EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Worked with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Extensively used .net application in Team City to streamline CI/CD process, automated several configurations using temporary agents and poll the source code from GitHub.
- Automated deployment for .net application with Octopus Deploy and monitor the different environments like Development, test Acceptance, production on octopus Deploy Dashboard.
- Proficient in Linux Utilities : KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects and created deployment tickets for build deployment in production.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data integrity, Installation, Configuration and Management of NoSQL tools such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Expertise in detecting network outages and protocol failures by using Nagios monitoring system and experienced in configuring other monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios and Cloud watch.
- Experience in configuring and deploying Java/J2EE applications into application servers like Apache Tomcat .
- Installed, configured, managed and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Kibana, AppDynamics for Resource monitoring, network monitoring, log trace monitoring.
- Managing the SSL environment, Mutual authentication, and digital certificates. Configuring and deploying the servers Glass Fish& Web Logic. Skills on Networking Environment Firewall connections, switching & routing, DNS server, protocols (TCP/IP), HTTP, SSL.
- Knowledge in working with Fiber Channel and SCSI Storage Area Networks (SAN) experienced with Storage Administration like EMC SAN Administration.
- Experienced in the maintenance of Load Balancing the disaster recovery with the change in the IP address in Web services and change in virtual host machines and HTTP configurations.
- Have extensive experience in building and deploying applications on Web/Application Servers like JBoss, Web Logic, IBM Web Sphere, Glassfish, and Tomcat.
- Experience in monitoring servers with NRPE plug-in in Nagios tool. Worked with logging/monitoring such as Nagios and AWS cloud watch.
- Extensive experience in CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 5.x,6.x,7, Centos, Troubleshooting Server issues.
- Experienced working with Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ) in creating physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes, extending and resizing the volume groups when needed.
- Maintain and support day-to-day data center operations such as Single Sign-On w/ LDAP, Active directory.
- Experienced in setting up YUM repository and installing the patches with it. installing, configuring, and maintaining VMware ESX and ESXi 5.0,5.5,6.0, VSphere Client.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenShift and Openstack
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6, SUSE), Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows Variants and Unix.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Octopus Deploy and Ansible.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Team city, and Bamboo.
Version Control: Git, Bitbucket and Subversion.
Containerization: Docker, Docker swarm, Kuburnetes
Orchestration Tool: Terraform, packer
Virtualization Platform:: VMware ESX and Citrix
Database: Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
Scripting Language: Ruby, Shell, Python and PowerShell.
Web servers: Web logic, web Sphere, Tomcat, Apache, F5 Load Balancers.
Project management: Jira, CA rally, Confluence.
Build Tools:: ANT and MAVEN.
Package Management:: Artifactory, Nexus
Issue Tracking: JIRA, and Bugzilla.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer/ System Administrator
- Designing and deploying underlying infrastructure by using Terraform defines EC2, VPC, S3, AMI, Route53, RDS, Private Subnets, NAT gateway, Kubernetes Cluster and Created Multiple Services Cluster per environment.
- Migrated on-premise VCenter Virtual machines to AWS by install and configure AWS Connector by setting up AWS Management portal for VCenter.
- Migrated Data to AWS Regions by S3 Transfer Acceleration, Direct Connect, AWS Import/Export Snowball.
- Created Terraform.tf file to define provider, resource, local hard-coded values with local TF state file-maintained environment, modules values.
- Provided support for applications by collaborating with development team using the agile methodology. Participated in daily scrum meetings and aids development teams during sprint cycles.
- Increased efficiency by writing and reusing Terraform modules to create a full custom cloud infrastructure in minutes.
- Designed Infrastructure in multiple clouds provides AWS, Openstack and maintained Three External Environment on DEV, STAGE, and PRODUCTION .
- Created SNS (Simple Notification Services) and triggering it by Cloud Watch monitoring to send SMS or Email to desired recipients. Created Elastic load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Launched DNS, Route 53 and AWS Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and assigned AWS SSL Certificates to servers.
- Configured S3 Buckets for EBS backed Snapshots and versioning for data backups and Leveraged AWS cloud as an extension of the corporate datacenter by creating a VPN connection between corporate datacenter and VPC using Customer and Virtual Private Gateways.
- Configured the Auto scaling and ELB groups in AWS to main high scalable and secure environment.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plug-in in Jenkins which automates the Jenkins master - slave configuration by creating temporary slaves And Configurated Git Repository in Jenkins by using Credentials .
- Integrated octopus Deploy with Team city and Jenkins. Wrote the Power Shell scripts to run the Process in Octopus.
- Used Octopus Deploy to automate the release of database and application deployments, all in one process. Roll out SQL migration scripts for database migrations.
- Distributing the packaged applications to the remote web/application servers by creating pipeline in team city and trigger it to octopus deploy in a secure way and Extracting and installing them.
- Continuously Build and Deliver Docker Images and Dockized Applications with Jenkins Pipelines Define with Groovy scripts.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs. Used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release.
- Developed infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications.
- Migrating from Puppet to Ansible by migrate Puppet modules one by one to Ansible and remove them from Puppet.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks. Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Created a Kubernetes API server with an etcd cluster in the deployment by using Single node and multi node etcd Cluster in production and backup it periodically.
- By using Configuration and HTTP created static pod in kuburnetes.
- By using Kubernetes , we have deployed containers of Docker inside a cluster.
- Installed/Configured Red Hat Linux cluster 6x version and configuring the cluster resources. Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/ decreasing the file system in RHEL.
- Setup Internet load balancing on Multiple ISP, Firewall, Port forwarding, IP routing using IPTABLES . Well known about installation, configuration and maintenance of applications like Apache Tomcat, LDAP .
- Created many Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Worked on CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 5.x,6.x,7, Centos, Troubleshooting Server issues.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware and migrating servers between ESX hosts. Implement and maintain ESX host clusters and security.
- Configurated LAMP Stack environment on RHEL and Centos by Apache, PHP and MySQL to host Dynamic web apps.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Pipelined Application Logs from App Servers to Elastic search (ELK Stack) through Log stash .
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with Windows, RHEL servers for end users on the servers. Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and release team.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
Environment: AWS, Git, ANT, and Maven, Ansible, EC2, S3, ELB, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby SVN, Shell Script, Ubuntu, CentOS, Kubernetes, JIRA, Splunk, JAVA, Linux, Groovy Scripts, Terraform, Nagios.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Sr. System Admin/ DevOps Engineer
- Understanding the Project requirements and the process. Identify the tools required for build and release management. Install and configure the infrastructure for DevOps implementation using Jenkins , Chef for CI and CD requirement. On board the applications into DevOps infrastructure.
- Created custom Amazon Machine Images with user data as Launch configurations to launch servers with minimal human intervention. End to End implementation of Application server migration from Physical and VMware servers across Dev, Test, Pre-Prod and Prod environments into AWS.
- Build and delivered custom images (Linux/Windows) for OpenStack Glance to automate provision, Install and run the applications.
- Provisioning and optimizing of compute, network, and storage services with OpenStack through dashboard, command-line and API utilities.
- Configuring and implemented OpenStack Nova to provision virtual machines on KVM for compute.
- Designed and implemented OpenStack Keystone to provide unified authentication between OpenStack Nova , Swift and Glance APIs using IDM solution, ldap and hybrid drivers.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process using Maven .
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Used Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles, data bags, run list to deploy web applications, applications server and vendor applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and writing recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Worked on Chef for IaaS configuration by writing cookbooks and recipes to automate the actions for virtual and remote resources and nodes.
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration system: configuring Jenkins servers, nodes, creating required Python scripts as well as bash scripts to create/configure Linux VMs.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring and Log Tracing.
- Implemented the setup for Master Slave Architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins. Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat application server.
- Creating and maintain various DevOps related tools for the team such as provision scripts, Deployment tools and staged virtual environment using Docker . Experience in writing Docke r files to build the micro-service applications.
- Worked in the Project Planning, Design & Development by administering the Gerrit code, build clusters, GitHub repositories.
- The performance of administrative tasks on Linux Server environment interacts with the server through a Shell Session with user permission operations and file system management.
- Manage applications and set up meetings for all services and responsibilities. Operational and technical support for the Linux/Windows server infrastructure.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios, Splunk for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
Environment: Linux, RHEL, Centos, Amazon Web Services, Ant, Maven, Nagios, Splunk, Subversion, Puppet, PowerShell, Openstack, chef, Shell/Perl, PowerShell, Python, SCM, Java/J2eeWindows, GIT, CVS, Jenkins, MS Build, SVN, Tomcat, Bamboo, Jira.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
System Admin/ DevOps Engineer
- Working on Application team to support Application Migration Projects Installation, Configuration, Administration and Support for Linux servers .
- Configuring and Administering NFS, DNS, installing packages, create user, sudo users, extend swap space, disk on RHEL server environment.
- Installing and upgrading packages and done patches on RHEL/ Centos servers using package managers like RPM and YUM.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with Windows, RHEL servers for end users on the servers.
- Performed the automation and managed infrastructure environment by using Puppet .
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance. Puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Created a custom Puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all modules. Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet . Deployed Puppet and Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet . Used Puppet server and workstation to manage, configure nodes.
- Build puppet infrastructure and write puppet modules to automate all aspects of server administration and application.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, MSSQL , Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Puppet .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins. Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy.
- Creation of SAN File System on Red hat Linux using multipath configuration
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Deployed various WAR, JAR and EAR applications in Production and non-production Environments on WebLogic and JBoss.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, NMAP and other day-to-day user trouble tickets.
- System Administrator/Integrator role in a large team responsible for maintaining of Linux operating systems such as RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu. Responsible for Day-to-day systems administration tasks in Solaris, Red hat Linux and AIX servers.
- Building and supporting RHEL, SUSE, Solaris, and Centos servers for new and existing projects through standalone and network installation methods.
- Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Development of about 250+ Linux Servers (Mix of Ubuntu, CentOS and RedHat-RHEL). Configured databases like Mongo dB, Cassandra, Oracle 10g/11g and MYSQL
- Configured SAN storage as shared between the nodes in the cluster. Troubleshooting of DNS and DHCP related problems across all the environments.
- Design, Configuration, Administration and Development of LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) based architecture and other open source applications.
- Worked with networking team in understanding the limitations of firewall, domain controllers, load balancers and switches. Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL using RPM&YUM .
- Develops and maintains Linux Kernels (Centos and RHEL), application servers - JBoss, Tomcat and Apache, Scripting-Shell scripting, Infrastructure automation.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Send mail on Red Hat Linux/Debian Servers. Developed scripts for automatic startup and shutdown of Admin Server and Managed Servers.
- Worked on Web Security tools- LDAP Server, SSL Certificates . Worked on configuring TCP/IP, network interface, assigning static routes and host names.
- Worked on creating, configuring and administration of the file systems (ext3/OCFS2) using Logical Volume Management LVM.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Package, build, Integrate and deploy enterprise J2EE applications on Web Sphere 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11/5.x that involves EAR (Enterprise Archives) and WAR (Web Archives).