- 7+ years of experience in IT including Application server admin, Configuration management, build, release and deployment on Unix and Windows based operating systems.
- Experience in Installation and Configuration of Tomcat 6.x/7.x and JBoss EAP 5.x/6.x/7.x and WebSphere Application Server 8.x/7.0/6.x.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring and administering webservers such as IBM HTTP Server and Apache Webserver.
- Vast experience in deploying applications JAR, WAR and EAR through command line tools like JBoss - CLI in JBoss EAP.
- Experience in performance tuning of JBoss EAP, Tomcat application servers and IBM HTTP Server and Apache webserver.
- Expertise in configuring JDBC, JMS, and JNDI Connections and fine tuning JDBC Connection Pool configuration for Oracle, MySQL, DB2 and MS-SQL Server etc.
- Strong technical knowledge includes WebSphere Application server implementation, fail-over support, workload management (WLM) using horizontal scaling and vertical scaling and performance tuning, Web server setup, complex secure socket layer (SSL) configuration on IBM HTTP Server 8.x/7.x
- Experience in working with Secured socket layer, creating self-signed certificates, generating certificates requests and import/export certificates.
- Good hands-on experience on Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI tools like Jenkins, Hudson and automating deployments using Continues Integration tools like Jenkins on Application Server JBoss and Tomcat.
- Expert in using different source code version control tools like GIT, Subversion and Defining Branching strategies and CM build cycle in a complete SDLC for different projects.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Experience in using Chef as configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, deploying applications.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Experienced in building and maintaining Docker infrastructure for SOA applications in agile environment.
- Extensive experience in using Unix Shell Scripting and Python Scripting.
- Hands on experience in automating builds and deployment process using Shell scripting and Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Experience in installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios .
- Identified and tweaked application server performance bottlenecks during performance testing of enterprise applications using various monitoring tools like Wily Introscope, Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
- Experienced in working with the Database team like Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 and getting the work done.
Middleware: Apache Tomcat6.x/7.x, Jboss 5.x/6.x/7.x, Websphere application server.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, AnthillPro
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Urban code deploy
Configuration Management tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS
Monitoring Tools: Tivoli Performance Viewer, Wily Introscope, Nagios
Database: Oracle 10G/9i, DB2, SQL ServerOperation Systems: RHEL, Windows 2003/2008
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, Java, Shell.
Web Servers: Apache HTTP, IBM HTTP Servers.
- Migration of RHEL5 (Red hat enterprise Linux) to RHEL 6 and setting up JBoss Application server Installation and administration.
- Deployed WAR & EAR files in JBoss application server hosting clustered environments.
- Installed Apache Http server and configured cluster for load balancing JBoss cluster.
- Configured the data sources, message queues and security domains for applications on JBoss application server.
- Designed and created JBoss EAP 7.x/6.x instances and managed Servers in Training and QA environment as well as provided support to the System Test, QA and Production Environment.
- Generated certificates with key tool and get certificate signed with VU signing authority and imported to key store in respective environment.
- Assisted in several Load tests and fine-tuned JBoss Application servers to produce the best results.
- Worked with Linux team to get the firewall open for the Jboss instances to Database and ldap servers.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache Http Server, Tomcat server and deployed applications on it.
- Worked with F5 team to get the VIP set up for the Dev, Test and Production environments.
- Created Jenkins Job's for Build & Deploy Process listed across all environments (DEV, SIT and & PROD)
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Maintained the Tags, Branching and merging the code in the parallel development of two phases and applied the vendor patches to the Trunk and All branches in Subversion Repository.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM. Experience in working with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Deployments to multiple servers in testing and production environments using Jenkins, Git and Docker.
- Virtualized the servers using the Dockers for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Dockers containers.
- Collaborated with development support team to setup a continuous deployment environment by using Docker.
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python .
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios and Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical servers.
Environment: SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Shell scripts, Apache Tomcat Application server, JBoss Application server, Oracle 10g, IBM DB2.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat server for one of the main applications in Confidential .
- Used Wily Performance tool for monitoring and tuning the WebSphere environment like configuring Heap size, Thread pool size, Session Management, connection pool size, etc.
- Generated CSR and configured SSL/TLS certificates on Apache HTTP Server. And Configured SSL/TLS trust store of Application server and imported third-party application signers certificates to the trust store for SSL/TLS communication.
- Configured enterprise applications and corrected performance problems by monitoring server availability and resource utilization analysis.
- Worked on Jvm settings like Heap size, listeners, garbage collection setting and taking thread dumps and heap dumps to analyze the application issues.
- Generated certificates using keytool and certificate signing request and imported into Apache tomcat server.
- Created Continuous Build Process using Jenkins as Continuous integration tool and Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Upgraded Tomcat latest version to 7.0.73 in all the environments such as Dev, UAT, Production and BCP servers.
- Installed, configured and supported JBoss EAP 6.x in domain mode and standalone mode on Red Hat Enterprise Linux platforms.
- Performed Installation of JBoss, monitoring server which will monitor the JBoss instances, Operating system parameters running on different Operating systems.
- Deployed WAR & EAR files in JBoss EAP 6.x application server hosting clustered environments using jBoss-cli.
- Generated CSR and configured SSL/TLS certificates on Apache Webserver.
- Configured SSL/TLS trust store of JBoss EAP and imported third-party application signer’s certificates to the trust store for SSL/TLS communication.
- Automated WAR deployment procedure in production environment running on JBoss EAP 6.x using Linux shell script.
- Configured the web server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for Websphere apps.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, and UAT and PROD environments and monitoring and Troubleshooting the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and artifactory as repository manager.
- Installed Urban code deploy s erver, agents and Automated the deployment process using Urban Code deploy (UCD) on various environments i.e Dev, IST, QA & Perf.
- Onboard client's ( Confidential ) applications to IBM Urban Code uBuild and uDeploy to standardize and automate software delivery, providing consistent repeatable process for all on-boarded applications.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling / naming conventions using Git source control.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Developing procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Dockers .
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python scripts.
Environment: SVN, Maven, Ansible, Urban code, Jenkins, Git, uDeploy, Shell scripts, Apache Tomcat Application server, JBoss, Anthill Pro, IBM DB2.
- Responsible in adding Fix packs, Cumulative Fix packs and migrated the versions of JBoss application server 5.x to JBoss EAP 6.
- Deployed WAR & EAR files in JBoss EAP 6 application server hosting clustered environments using jboss-cli and Experience in using JBoss CLI scripting to perform Jboss administrative tasks.
- Automated WAR deployment procedure in production environment running on JBoss EAP 6 using Linux shell script.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool, creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports, etc.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins and Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Jenkins jobs for build automation.
- Created Jenkins builds and deployed to application server using uDeploy for java, .NET applications.
- Moved web services and related application to uDeploy and maintained them across DEV, QA, UAT and PROD Environments.
- Integration of Maven, Jenkins, Urban Code deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation's Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining Git /GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using Git source control.
- Assembly, deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Used Ant and Maven as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Created various ANT scripts to create multiple deployment profiles and deploy the applications to Apache Tomcat.
- Worked on installation and configuration of DevOps automation tool Puppet and used it for automation of repetitive processes done in apache, user administration, file management and managing file and directory permissions in the different environments.
- Utilized Puppet to automate single-command provisioning for development and production environments for an operations tools startup.
- Configured Chef console and automated the chef client execution through Jenkins by using the knife utility tool.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for Monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual Machines.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing, Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, and Send mail, Apache Web Server, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management. Experience in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Maintain code, configurations, and stability of pre and post production environments and Deploy production code and related configurations to ensure they get to production on time.
- Involved in releasing the code to all environments including production and troubleshoot with development team.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and defect tracking on all software maintenance tasks and projects.
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Created JDBC Providers, Data sources, and JAAS authentication aliases in order to provide connectivity to Oracle, DB2 (UDB) databases.
- Provided 24x7 operational supports, best practice trouble shooting, monitoring, capacity planning and involved in weekend maintenance.
Environment: SVN, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, uDeploy, Urban code, Shell scripts, Unix/Linux, Puppet, Apache Tomcat Application server, JBoss application server, Anthill Pro, IBM DB2.
Middleware and Release Engineer
- Configured the WebSphere Application Server resources like JDBC Providers, JDBC Data Sources and Connection Pooling to connect to Database servers.
- Setup Global security for the Admin Console, Single sign-on, and added SSL certificates and signer certs in webpshere
- Installed and configured both IBM HTTP Server and plugins and configured SSL for the Webserver and plug-in communications.
- Installed and configured CA Siteminder federation User Authentication services using SAML 1.0/1.1 Post and creating the policies for Identity Provider and Service Provider in Siteminder Policy Server.
- Define and maintain MQ objects like queue managers, queues, channels, client connection channels, server connection channels listeners, services and authentication objects.
- Continuously worked to improve the efficiency of our build/release/deploy process driving towards the implementation of Continuous Delivery where possible and improved the scalability of the build and release operation.
- Setting up CI integration tool Jenkins from scratch and Configuring it for continuous integration(CI) for servers.
- Created automated build and deployment using ant and Hudson/Jenkins using tomcat as the application server.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management and END-END build and deploy setup using Jenkins .
- Used Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintain the version across the environments using Version Control tools like Subversion (SVN) on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in Subversion .
- Involved in backing up repository, creating folder and granting user access privileges and setting up Subversion-SVN server, server maintenance, Client machines setup.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and defect tracking on all software maintenance tasks and projects.
- Installed upgrades and fix packs to the runtime environment as required decreasing vulnerability to production environment.
- Used Wily Introscope to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap size, Connection Pool sizes, Thread pool size.
- Involved in usage of LINUX Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get information from the logs and database in the required format and other daily activities.
- Actively involved in incident/task management by promptly responding to high and critical incidents via pager, and providing resolution to customers.
Environment: WebSphere Application server, Tomcat, SVN, Jenkins, IBM HTTP Server, Linux, Oracle 10g
System Admin and Middleware
- Deployed J2EE applications on WebSphere Application Server using WSAD tools, automated configuration, troubleshooting, deployments using JACL and Jython scripts.
- Installed and configured IBM HTTP Server plugins, configured the web-server interfaces (plugin file), session management, virtual hosts, Data Sources, HTTP transports for Application Server instances and applications.
- Performing day to day admin activities like managing LVM, file systems, user creations, permission, administration and device configuration Redhat Linux.
- Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL and Perform day to day LVM operations and System admin tasks.
- Installed and configured Anthill Pro for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Expertise on Source code control tools like SVN and good knowledge on Branching and merging code lines
- End-user training regarding branching strategies for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Responsible in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications as per agile process.
- Coordinated with IT groups on the release timings to ensure systems are ready for code to be deployed.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Good experience with VMware Update Manager and Host Update utility to install patches and updates on ESX hosts and virtual machines.
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manual upgrades.
- Quickly restore service during system outages, provide troubleshooting support to team members, perform proactive problem prevention, and escalate technical details to technical lead and/or to vendor support
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on Unix platform.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases .
- Coordinate system build activities to ensure each system is documented including all hardware components, OS versions, and application software versions.
- Responsible for analyzing the client request and resolving the issues by setting up conference calls in severity1 issues.
Environment: Subversion, Redhat Linux, AnthillPro, IBM HTTP Server, DB2, Oracle and Java, Java2 EE.