- Over 7+ years of IT Industry experience in Build and Release Management, Systems Administrator, DevOps Engineering, Application Configurations, Building, Automating, Managing and Releasing Code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers in frameworks like SQL, Python, PERL, BASH, PowerShell.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux/CentOS using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation. Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting VMware ESX VSphere 4.0/5.0, Virtual Center 5.0 Servers and ESXI servers like VMware vSphere 5.5 and vSphere 6. Knowledge on installing and virtualizing applications of Citrix.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXI), hypervisor - v, PHP Virtual BoxExpert in Automation of Release and Deploy configuration management to different environments i.e. QA, UAT and Production.
- Experience in AWS Cloud Computing services, such as IAM, EC2, S3, AMI, VPC, Auto-Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, ELB, EBS, EMR, RDS, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Snowball, and Glacier.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Installed, Administered and Maintained several instances of Jenkins. Expertise on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying Microservices using Jenkins CI server and managed continuous delivery in Microservices. Profoundly did Continuous integration with Hudson's/Jenkins, Anthill pro, Team city and Bamboo.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible TFS and Rundeck.
- Worked on Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet, Chef, Ansible configuration management tools.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager for GIT repositories and builds. Extensive experience in writing builds using MAVEN, ANT, MS-build as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in administering and maintaining Atlassian products like JIRA, bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye. And Proficient with Python, Perl, and Bash & Shell Scripting for build automations.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant, Red Hat Satellite. Used Docker for building clusters and orchestrating containers deployment. Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Handful of knowledge of writing web services and clients in different programming language such as C++, JAVA. Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services. Wrote PowerShell scripts to automate common activities and tested of Private could in Microsoft Project.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation thru Terraform, Ansible, Python, and Bam Bash Scripts. Experience in developing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. Performed application security auditing using SAST and DAST to ensure security of applications.
- Ability to implement and deploy Azure offerings includes the including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Migrated VM’s with help of Hyper-V to Azure and worked on Azure services like IAM, Storage Blobs, SQL Database, API’s, Scheduler, and CDN.
- Experience in Server Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Application monitoring, Resource Monitoring, Network Management, Performance Monitoring, and Log Trace Monitoring with the help of Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, and Splunk.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers. Good knowledge and hands on Experience in some monitoring tools like Datadog, New Relic, and Cacti etc.
- Developed monitoring solutions including troubleshooting multiple issues involved in maintaining daily operation. Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge on creating Objects - Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, using PL/SQL, T-SQL in MS SQL Server, Oracle. Data Connectivity, for Web and Windows Using JDBC and ODBC Drivers.
- Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes. Experience on working with Load Balancers Nginx, and F5.
- Experience on installation of ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) on CentOS based on Client Servers like App Server and DB server, and load balanced with Nginx.
- Experience automating deployments on Servers using JBoss, Tomcat, and Websphere. And worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, and HP Quality center.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, Sendmail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, and SSL/TLS.
- Experience in building private cloud infrastructure of Open Stack, deploying through puppet and maintaining them in production, and have tested Open Stack environment (Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Keystone, & Glance). Knowledge on trace complex builds problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
Operating System: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace, Openstack
Virtualization/ Containerization Technologies: VMware vSphere 5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Citrix - xen, Docker, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Vagrant
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
Build Tools: AntHill Pro, Bamboo, Jenkins, Udeploy, Maven, Ant
Languages: Bash, Perl, Python, PL/SQL, Ruby, Shell, SQL, T-SQL
Databases: Cassandra, CouchDB, MSSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Web/App Server: Apache, JBoss, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Crucible, Fisheye, HP quality center, IBM Clear Quest, JIRA, Rally, Remedy
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN
Web Technologies / Programing Languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Ruby, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
DevOps Engineer/ Systems Engineer
- As a DevOps/Systems Engineer responsible for application support and performance monitoring of Production of web applications and involved in Automation, Release Management, Environment Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Incident Management, Cloud Management.
- Experience in AWS Cloud Computing Services such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route53, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Snowball, EMR, RDS, and Glacier.
- Experience in AWS services for deploying EC2 instances with various flavors including Amazon Linux AMI, RHEL, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu as well as creating ELBs and auto scaling to design cost effective, fault-tolerant, and highly available systems.
- Work closely with DevOps staff, assisting in support of environment builds, application delivery and continuous integration support. Installed, upgraded and Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Work closely with Infrastructure team on platform stacks, products and upgrades and worked with deployment and data teams on importing/exporting and troubleshooting data issues.
- Installed Logstash, Kibana, Elasticsearch and Filebeat on new applications on Linux servers and monitored logs and performance data daily for online web applications and administer monitoring checks and alerting with Check MK, Zabbix and LogicMonitor.
- Installed and configured Redis, and configured Redis cache servers with clustering and failover on Public facing environments.
- Experience in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365).
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Cloud services (Paas & Iaas), Application Insights, Document DB, Internet of Things, Monitoring, Key Vault, Visual Studio, SQL Azure, and hands-on experience with Azure storage, app services, web applications, AD, Virtual machines, and SQL DB.
- Experience in Azure Storage Planning, Azure AD, SQL Services. Monitored Azure Infrastructure through System Center Operation Manager (SCOM). Experience in creating and configuring Azure Virtual Networks (Vnets), subnets, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, Security policies and routing.
- Installed and configured Chef Server/ work station and written cookbooks to automate the environment provisioning and developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Sonar Type Nexus Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and deployed Apps using custom modules through Chef.
- Expertise on complete Automation process, starting from creating Git/Bitbucket Repos, and configuring them to Jenkins using Git hooks and Git Plugin’s, and creating Nuget Packages with help of Nexus.
- Experience in writing Groovy to automate Jenkins, and PowerShell to automate the CI pipeline.
- Working experience in Agile Methodology and Participated in Scrum meetings for the delivery of product in time. Performed day-to- day Git/Bitbucket functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Git GUI, Git Bash SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Setup Atlassian Tools like JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket. Integrated confluence with JIRA with plug-ins to provide and optimum user experience.
- Provide application trouble-shooting and issue resolution when needed. Worked on PowerShell from scratch in building new applications, and for deployments according to the requirement.
- Worked on windows servers on configuring and troubleshooting IIS, App Pools and DFS replication. Resolved and troubleshooted any build failures within Jenkins, PowerShell and Windows/ Linux Servers.
- Setup JIRA for Project Management, Bug Tracking, Helpdesk Tickets, and integrated JIRA with Bitbucket to track all code changes.
- Deploy application environments and verify configurations to ensure compliance with build standards. Configured single sign-on with SAML and/or OAuth preferred on client application.
- Installed, configured, and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Webserver on Red Hat Linux and managed application servers such as Tomcat and WebSphere Application Server.
- Built and deployed EAR and WAR files with custom configuration settings using Maven Tool Kit and further deployed the archives into Apache Tomcat Web Server and WebSphere Application Servers.
- Administered and deployed HTTP web server and Apache Tomcat Servers in deploying web applications on a clustered environment on Tomcat and JBOSS to maintain the clusters and load balance through Shell scripts.
- Lead installation and coordination of testing fixes for production related issues, following a change management process.
- Coordinated with Development, Infrastructure, QA, and Scrum teams on developing applications and deploying to clients, and upgrading and migrating tools.
- Worked closely with DATA center (Atomic, Databank) to create and maintain the servers and supporting all CDN cache servers from cleaning/wiping out the data for new releases.
- Worked with Service desk team in providing tier 2 and tier 3 escalation support for customer service technical service representatives.
- Working in an on-call weekend rotation for application support escalations. 24x7 on-call support including new releases.
Environment: Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, Chef, Redis, PowerShell, F5, Groovy, Linux, Windows, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Check MK, Logic Monitor, Zabbix
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Systems Engineer /DevOps Engineer
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and Troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7 and Solaris 9/10 Systems. Mass build of Linux/Solaris OS servers using Kickstart and Jump start. Setup and Build AWS infrastructure various resources EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, RDS, NACL, NAT, Firewall, Route 53, and Cloud Formation JSON Templates.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef. Created Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as ChefServer / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes. Managed and monitored the instances (Chef Client's) on AWS EC2.
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that can use to build and deploy of existing Java/.Net application environments and build Java and .Net code on to different Jenkins Servers.
- Experience in environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant and implemented Continuous Delivery Pipeline with Git, Jenkins, and Docker.
- Built Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins and created Continuous delivery environment as well as defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Working on Docker engine to create and use containers, and running the containers on top of virtual machines, bare metal servers and maintained to run on Cloud and On-Premises.
- Installed VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6.x, vSphere Server and VMware vCenter server in rack servers and maintained VMware servers with multiple VM’s, running a multi VLAN physical and VM environment.
- Worked on Platform as a service (PaaS) and according to the requirement deployed open source Cloud Foundry on vSphere, and also installed Cloud Foundry on AWS and Openstack.
- Provide support for the operating systems Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, and 2012, running on DELL blade and rack hardware, as well as virtual machines on vSphere platform.
- Perform server builds and installation of the OS and base applications. Monitoring and managing performance of ESXi servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center server for HA, DRS clusters. Build and add new ESXi hosts to upgrade existing HA, DRS Clusters.
- Installing and maintaining Citrix Web server. Regularly managed Citrix NetScaler for view, monitor and manage users, alerts, health of servers and load balance.
- Support and manage LAN/WAN network including Cisco routers, hubs, switches and all servers. Exchange Administration and maintenance of the Servers along with applying updates and patching.
- Work with software developers and vendors troubleshooting SQL along with code in C++, VB and Java to gain software application functionality and compliance.
- Implement, configure, support and provide backup and restore processes for both server/client needs contingency plans and disaster recovery.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools. Manage source code, software builds, software
- Experience in Server Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Application and Log Monitoring with help of Splunk. Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production on an Excel Sheet. Used Jira for tracking and ticketing.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python and shell script and automated it using Jenkins. And managed version control tool Git to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Troubleshoot windows infrastructure by resolving trouble tickets to resolution in priority queue. Respond to alerts from Solar Winds monitoring of servers such as drive space, and host down issues.
- Supported all versions of Windows, Linux, and Mac. Used active directory to manage User accounts, Groups, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Splunk system monitor. On top of that designed and developed automation test scripts using Python/Bash/Ruby.
- Provided 24x7 production support, best practice trouble shooting, monitoring, capacity planning, Performance tuning, security and maintenance of applications deployed on Tomcat, WebSphere, and JBoss application servers.
Environment: AWS, Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012, Linux, Windows, Mac, VMware, Tomcat Apache, Nagios, Grunt, Git, Chef, Jira, Splunk, Linux, Ansible, Docker, F5, Nginx, Jenkins, Maven, Openstack.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Installed VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6, vSphere Server and VMware center Server in rack Servers. Created Templates for main services like Nova, Swiftand Neutron for reuse the current environment or to easily modify the current environment.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation JSON templates.
- Release management, Automation and continuous delivery. Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure. And took responsible for CI and CD using Jenkins, Run deck and Chef.
- Experience in Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for Ubuntu using Chef on AWS. Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's and integrated AWS Cloud Watch with AWS EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket and created Highly Available Environments using Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers, and SQS.
- Hands on Experience in AWS Cloud in various AWS Services such as RedShift, Cluster, Route53 Domain configuration.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Arti factory) and Deployed Apps using custom modules through Chef. Writing chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Deployed production site using Apache 2.0 with mod python and Upgraded Python 2.3 to Python 2.5 on a RHEL 4 server, this required recompiling mod python to use Python 2.5 since inline models with UTF-8 characters were causing unexpected errors.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in Windows Azure and setting up communication with the selected ports and worked on designing, building, and improving cloud environments on Amazon Web Services and AZURE Cloud.
- Using the Chef Cookbooks/recipes Migrated the VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route, ELB, and EBS.
- Installed and configured HA in ESXi clusters for High Availability and DRS for capacity and load balancing between ESXi hosts in a cluster.
- Converted physical servers to virtual servers using VMware VMconverter and used vRange for VM replication and backup. Performed backup and restore of VMs, P2V-V2V conversion with VMware converter, patch updating, monitoring/reporting, SSH and SNMP and notification of alerts.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Implemented continuous integration web hooks and workflows around Jenkins to automate the dev test deploy workflow around chef codebase. Experience using Openshift enterprise 3 and deployed applications using Docker containers in the cloud with Paas.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating deployments and providing a complete automation solution and used Jenkins to manage build results and deployment.
- Experience with production deployment tools like Jenkins. And setup Chef Server, client and wrote Ruby and Bash scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
- Written make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules. And created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Experience in migrating ETL code into QA, Stage and Prod environments using Informatica. Took responsible for BO, TIBCO and DB scripts migration.
- Installed and Configured Splunk to show Management and developer s when performance issues arise. Regular interface with clients, developers and team members for capacity and architecture planning.
- Automated the WebLogic deployments using Shell scripts. And involved in Subversion to GIT migration projects.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Remedy, Jira, WebLogic, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, TIBCO, WAS, Linux, ETL, Perl, ANT, Shell, TIBCO, Tomcat.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Cloud/ Build Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Anthill Pro for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution. Build Results are managed in Anthill Pro and deployed using workflows in Anthill Pro.
- Created and deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure, managed the virtual network, Azure AD and SQL. Provisioned environments to deploy code in Azure VM and migrated application from On-Prem to PaaS.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure components like (IAM) Identity Access Management (Active Directory and Multi-Factor Authentication), Azure Virtual Machines, Storage Blobs, File Service, Networking, BizTalk, and Scheduler.
- Build, Deployed and managed .Net applications, used REST API for storing and accessing data on cloud. Migrated Active Directory and Team Foundation Server (TFS) from Windows Azure to Onsite Hosted Environment.
- Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Architecture, Strategy and Planning. Working knowledge of VS2013 with Azure. And deploying applications & SQL databases on Windows/SQL Azure and run windows applications from anywhere.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases. Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Develop and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet. Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Used Expect scripting initially before Anthill to perform automated deployments to all environments. Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Involved in the Migration of Projects from TFS 2008 to TFS 2010. TFS Administration, Build and Deployment script generation. Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Solving various .Net application issues and providing various technical solutions for .Net, TFS and Microsoft IIS. Performed and deployed builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT, using customized XAML files in TFS 2010.
- Performed labeling, Branching and created new build types in TFS, assigned user security levels based on their designation.
- Installed configured and deployed Openstack solutions on servers and controlled them by using Keystone, Glance, Nova, Neutron, Horizon, and Swift. Worked on Openstack, installing, configuring VMs, installing Tomcat, MySQL, Apache servers and integrating them.
- Developed OpenStack infrastructure with automation and Configuration management tools such as, Puppet or custom-built cloud hosted applications. Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring. Perform log analysis using tools such as Splunk. Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby and Bash.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required and configured CPU, Memory and disk partitions as required.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process. I used to manage the day to day activities of handling the MySQL server, Multisite Replication & Linux/Unix & Windows system administration.
- Responsible for all software builds, including continuous integration builds, nightly builds, and release builds.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Released code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Developed scripts using BASH and Batch files for Automation of Activities and builds and developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Managed environments DEV, BCP, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Configuring the build .xml file and verified the source file for the correct release by means of Checksum concept. Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins).
- Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 servers from VMware and legacy hardware.
- Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN-backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
- Customize layer 2 and layer 3 networking between VMware, networking components and storage for high availability and maximum performance. Develop, test, and maintain a disaster recovery plan for critical VMs and application data.
- Set up VMotion, High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource System (DRS), Fault Tolerance (FT) and related VMware products such as VMware Workstation. And Scheduled VM Backup and Snare to be protected Snapshots and manage/reload Snapshots.
- Expert in VMware technologies like vROPS, VRA, and Realize automation. Worked on implementing Red Hat Linux Openshift-PaaS platforms in our Sandbox and Dev environments.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases. Rolling out Configuration management, Change Management and Requirement management strategies to the development Team.
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, different branching & merging strategies, views, and the access control strategies. Configured different Jenkins Plugins, Used Jenkins to Schedule Jobs, automated Builds and Deployments.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, GIT, MS build, UAT, E2E, SCM, Java, puppet, MySQL, Linux (Ubuntu), Git, Bash.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Linux 8/9, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Satellite 6, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and SUSE Linux 10.x/11 Experience in creation of environments on virtual machines to be handed over to development and QA teams.
- User administration which included creating backup account for new users and deleting account for the retired or deleted users. Involved in Implementing and Administrating enterprise level data backup and recovery .
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON . Creating customized Kickstart profiles for each server and making ISO to build the server.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production. Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Performed B ackup Management through regular ufsdump, ufsrestore, fbackup, F-Recovery and DLT tape drives.
- Administration of repetitive Jobs using Cron scheduling , and using bash Scripts to accomplish the task on multiple servers. Performance tuning of Virtual Memory , CPU , system usage in Linux and HP-UX servers.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security. Scripting for passwordless ssh to multiple servers.
- Use bash shell scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar and cpio , migrate and enlarge file systems. Extensive experience in network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, VLAN. Experienced with TCP/IP networking tool using them in network configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting .
- Installation and upgrading of required patches, M anagement of servers and maintaining server's environment in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
- Configuring YUM Server and installing packages by using rpm and YUM. Periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
- Performance monitoring and performance tuning using top, prstat, sar, vmstat, ps, iostat etc. Configuring NFS, Auto-mount and disk space management on HP servers.
- Process administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes. Configuration and troubleshooting SSH and providing user level and system level trusting.
- Used various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, POP, FTP, TCP/IP, and SMTP. Worked on creating user accounts , user administration, local and global groups on UNIX platform .
- Provided support by 24x7 on-call support . Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls , attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, Bash, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, ANT.