- Confidential is a Confidential Certified Network Engineer with over 14 years’ experience providing network design, implementation, technical support, troubleshooting, testing and network management.
- He has a Bachelor of Science Degree majoring in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry.
- His certifications include CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE written certifications, still pursuing the CCIE Lab exam. He has built multiple companies Datacenters Utilizing Confidential Nexus series switches with Confidential ACI Fabric, Tenant, VRF, Application profile, EPG, VDC/VPC, Confidential Fabric path, OTV and GETVPN technology.
- He has experience in Centralized Network Management and operation of LAN/WAN communication systems. He is accomplished in the operation of MPLS, VPN, Frame Relay, and fiber Backbone Network with Confidential Technologies. He also has solid command of project management, LLD/EO/RFC/CO, and change management.
Network & Protocols: Routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, IPV6 deployment, NAT/PAT, and, Multicast, MPLS, VRF, Tunneling, Crypto and IPSEC. LAN/WAN, Data center network, Layer 2 link technologies 10/40GigEthernet, Deployed Confidential 's Nexus series switches using Confidential ACI Fabric Spine and Leaf creating Tenants, Bridge Domains, EPG s & Contracts, Confidential NX - OS VDCs/VPCs/Fabric Path/OTV Technology, Authentication systems TACACS+
Hardware: Confidential ISR routers 2800/2900/3800/3900/7206, Confidential ASR 1013 router and Multiplayer Catalyst Switches. 6800/6500/3850/3750/3560/2950, Confidential VSS, Confidential Nexus switches 9508, 7010, 6001, 6004, 5548, Fex 2248, VBlock 100/200, Confidential Blade Centre/B22s and NetApps
Network Management Systems: Netscout, CiscoWorks2000, SolarWinds, Netbrain, Wireshark and Concord Network HealthOther: Network Infrastructure, QOS component Classification, Trusting, Policing and Congestion management, Network Security Access Control List
Software & Tools: Cable tester, WG, Firebird and Fluke, MS Office, MS Project, Visio
- Lead design and implementation planning for Data Center LAN/WAN projects.
- Communicate with various Server Hosting, Mainframe and Storage teams to understand network connectivity requirements.
- Design network (logical, physical) according to approved standards.
- Maintain bill-of-materials; order network hardware and cabling following purchasing process/policies.
- Plan changes to network configurations in accordance with standards and following change control process/policy.
- Interpret business requirements into technical network solutions framework.
- Provide techno logy road maps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints.
- Liaise with enterprise, server and applications architects to ensure alignment across technology portfolios.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for architectural design and implementation for complex computer/network solutions for multiple hospitals and datacenters.
- Designed, tested, implemented, and maintained Confidential routing and switching environments.
- Prepared / maintained version upgrade procedure for network equipment, prepare detailed network schematics and written procedures.
- Prepared design alternatives and fallback situations for current and new technologies including threat analysis, fault tracking, recovery, and optimal performance.
- Participated in the support of network changes with a particularly strong focus in Confidential Nexus switches, ASR routers and VPN design.
- Participated in the creation and support of network lab environments, participated in modeling and analysis of current and future network usage requirement.
- Provided 3rd level in-depth analysis / diagnosis and resolution during troubleshooting.
- Ensured optimal, operation, interoperability and performance of network related hardware and software including routers, switches, network servers, network security and wireless technologies
- Participated in internal and external technology training initiatives and knowledge management programs, evaluated optimal network configuration for application delivery
Confidential, Volo, IL
- Worked with Confidential Engineering group to build brand new Data Center in Volo, IL for hosting applications to 28 countries.
- Responsible for data center network architecture - physical, logical and implementation.
- Worked Data center exit project to migrate applications to new data center.
- Built LLD document and Visio’s drawing for Data center design.
- Designed Layer 1, 2, and 3 network architecture.
- Built IP addressing schema for network segmentation using extended vlans.
- Worked Data center consolidation to move Data center.
- Deployed Confidential Nexus 7ks, 6ks, 5ks and 2ks for prod and non-prod network segmentation.
- Deployed Nexus 6ks for Fabric Path spine and leaf switches.
- Responsible to provide level 3 technical support to network operation.
- Deployed Confidential 's Nexus series switches using VDCs/VPCs/Fabric Path Technology.
- Supported VCE to virtualize the servers using VB200 Support security group for network segmentation and testing.
- Installed, configured and rack stack Confidential nexus 7000, 6000, 5548 and 2248/FEX switches.
- Used Confidential VDC technology for separate Core, aggregation layer switches.
- Used Fabric Path technology for Spine and Leaf switches.
- Used Confidential VPC technology.
- Used key servers for multiple vrf encryption.
- Used server teaming for dual NIC connectivity.
- Used ASR router for wan connectivity.
Confidential, Pontiac, MI
Senior Network Consultant
- Worked with Confidential Engineering team to separate the Symantec network in two domains Symantec and Veritas.
- Deployed Confidential vrf technology to keep the ip routing separate.
- Re-ip the Veritas network including ip phones, servers, and network surveillance cameras.
- Preformed network changes on approved window.
- Worked with technical board to present the network change for reviews.
Confidential, Pearl River, NY
- Designed, planned, and coordinated the data center move for the Fujifilm Data Center Relocation Project.
- Built out new data center virtually and tested. Upon successfully completion of new data center, moved all new equipment to the new location.
- Worked in Data center environment for Network changes, add and removal utilizing Confidential Nexus 7ks, 5ks and 2ks series switches with Catalyst 6513 core and 7609 edge routers.
- Deployed Juniper EX series access layer witches to connect the Netops users.
- Used Confidential ASA, PIX, and Juniper NetScreen SRX firewalls for VPNs.
- Deployed Confidential Nexus 7Ks, 5ks and 2ks series switches to build VPC multi chases Etherchannel and VMware virtualization over 10 gigabit Ethernet.
- Deployed Vblock 200, consolidate servers vlan, provided network provision and configured switches.
- Implemented wireless LAN services to guest area.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Network Engineer Consultant brought to foster a highly collaborative environment.
- Provided architectural design for the Confidential Fire Safely Security Network replacing Confidential 2950 switches with Confidential 3750 switches.
- Prepared data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Worked with engineering group responsible for design and architecture, implementations, and maintenance of various networks such as LAN, WAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Performed data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, etc. to enhance performance.
- Upgraded hardware, routers, and 2G with 10G Uplinks in Confidential Data Centre Network Upgrade.
- On Confidential Telepresence Implementation, worked on global video conferencing project, building all VPN services for Telepresence Services and providing technical support.
- For Confidential Latin America IPT Deployment, planned the dial up to use Confidential router as a gateway (This site was already on MPLS - used Router as an IPT Gateway). Also, responsible for the migration and implementation.
- For Confidential MPLS Migration, migrated Elli Lilly site to MPLS.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Maintained data network hardware and systems; investigated and resolved network and hardware matters of significance; researched, analyzed, isolated and resolved errors; assessed and updated older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Collaborated with client to redesign P&G’s plants network.
- Provided technical support on data networks for internal and/or external customers; answered technical questions; recommended and implemented approved course of action.
- Provided technical leadership for data network problem escalation and resolution.
- Prepared P&G global Network audit report. Analyze Confidential routers and switches critical and warning NREPS.
- Provided troubleshooting assistance to isolate critical and warning alarms.
- Added 500 devices into QPM (CiscoWorks) to apply QOS policy.
- Provided advices to keep Network Healthy.
- Replaced Confidential catalyst 5500 switches with 6500 multi-layer switches.
- Replaced Confidential 6500 hybrid code witch native IOS.
- Replaced layer one copper connectivity with multihop fiber media.
- Participated in deployment meeting for upcoming plants migration.
- Configured OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IP, Frame Relay, and ATM.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Provided project implementation support and (WAN) wide area network design for small - large wide area networking projects, including Visio design, configuration of routers, site acceptance support, site documentation package support creation, circuit ordering information, and creation of equipment order list.
- Prepared basic proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements.
- Prepared basic cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
- Provided leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Prepared Confidential routers script to migrate new VPN.
- Attended deployment meeting for upcoming branch migration.
- Consolidated new IP addresses information to assign to LAN and static routes.
- Verified the new VPN connectivity after implementation.
- Provided Level 3 and 4 support to Operation AT&T (GCSC).
- Prepared Router Script development and implementation.
- Participated in customer User Acceptance Testing.
- Provided Tier 3 and Tier 4 support to the Network Center.
- Assisted in network fault management.
- Configured OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IP, DNS, DLSW incorporating with SNA, Frame Relay, ATM, and MPLS/VPLS Metro Ethernet. VPC.
- Maintained WAN IP Addressing, DLCI, VPI/VCI information for client.
- Participated in weekly technology meetings with client.
- Managed the Confidential multi countries centralized Network Operation Center.
- Performed design, installation, configuration, operation, and administration of Internetworks.
- Handled Change Management, providing third level technical support to the Network Operations staff for service troubles.
- Led critical problems coordination and isolation and interfaced with client management.
- Configured 2500/3600/4500/7000 series routers for OSPF regular area to connect users and resources.
- Configured 3550/3560/6500 series Layer 3 switches for Campus Backbone, Building Distribution, and Building Access Submodules.
- Configured Confidential routers and switches and Bay Network hubs for SNMP network management using HPOpenView and CiscoWorks2000
- Maintained and managed multi countries Global Router Connectivity.
- Performed all network changes, which were approved by the Regional Network Operations Manager.
- Performed tracking and resolution of network service faults to restore services within the service levels of the problems.
- Advised higher management of the status of all major outages.
- Interfaced with PTT, problem Manager, the various issue owners, and vendors to the resolution of any network problems.
- Periodically updated any new or changes to the network configuration, equipment, and list.
- Managed and looked after NMS, RCC, and Authorizers.
- Performed troubleshooting NACs, Router, Muxes, ATM (Auto Teller Machine), Datamizer, VSAT, Radio, Fiber, and Dialup links problems.
- Configured Bay Network Hubs for SNMP Network Management.
- Resolved complaints that escalated from lower level.
- Ensured proper configuration and setup of Telecom equipment per Citi corp global standards.
- Collaborated with users on expansion needs and ensured implementation per the plans laid out by the Telecom Head.
- Submitted quarterly, countrywide telecom equipment inventory to telecom head.
- Implemented contingency plans in case of equipment/link/sites contingencies.
- Incorporated all the WAN network-related configuration changes in Telecom Manual.
- Implemented preventive and general maintenance of all telecom equipment.
- Ensured availability of service for router backbone network, VSAT/RADIO links, data local and international multiplexer network, local area networks, cards network and funds transfer facilities.
- Maintained and updated country-wide network diagrams.
- Performed administration of IP addresses.
- Handled all telecom projects for move/add/changes.
- Conferred with Project Managers in the testing and implementation of new projects.
- Ensured third party vendors complete all network documentation so that the records were kept current.
- Coordinated with Regional Help Desk and Application support to rectify user problem.
- Coordinated with onsite support for installation and testing of hardware.