- Over 8+ years of experience specialized in system administration working on RedHat Linux, CentOS, Solaris - 11.3, Ubuntu (server/desktop), SUSE Linux, AIX, Fedora, HP UNIX and Windows environments.
- Working experience on RedHat Enterprise Linux, experience working with various Development and Testing teams in Agile Process Model Project Eco System.
- Expertise in building, configuring and troubleshooting RDS Instances in cloud and On Premise
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support of Linux Servers and Windows Servers.
- Creating, maintaining Active Directory Services, Roaming profiles, securityParametes, Disk Quota management, rights, backup of data and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat and centos using Kickstart servers and interactive installations, also administered server consolidation program through the use of VMware virtual center.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, Upgradation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting JBOSS, WebSphere Application Servers, Web Logic server, Oracle, Apache web server and Tomcat.
- Expertise in Package management and patch management using custom repo artifactory using with yum and apt-get
- Experience in Shell/Perl Scripting languages like Bourne shell, Korn shell and BASH.
- Hands on experience in building and maintaining VOIP application servers like Asterisk, Freeswitch andKamailio.
- Good exposure to Network Storage Solutions like NAS, LDAP, Route53, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, Multi AZ Deployment and SAN.
- Experience in Linux Printer management using CUPS and SAMBA CLIENT with Windows server.
- Understanding of and ability to script in shell with languages like Bash, Python, Perl as required for automation, monitoring and to enhance the access and performance of the system.
- Experienced in Disk space management (create, extend, reduce and deleting Volume groups & Logical volumes) using Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Hands on experience on installing, configuring and troubleshooting DNS, FTP, NFS, DHCP, VNC and Telnet servers
- Worked on protocols like HTTP, SIP, TCP, UDP, RTP, SNMP
- Generated and Installed the SSL certificates for the website to make it secure with HTTPS
- Well versed with Linux utilities such as SSH, FTP, user management, patch management, memory management, quota management, swap management
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Samba, Sendmail&Procmail, Apache web server, Tomcat web server.
- Log and CPU performance monitoring with Splunk, ELK, Nagios and Zabbix
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Teamcity and Build Forge to implement the End-to-End Automation
- Experience in manage cloud software deployments, with a focus on continuous integration and deployment using GitHub, Jenkins, Bamboo, SVNandMaven.
- Very good understanding on NOSQL databases like Cassandra, Zookeeper, Spark andHBase, MongoDB.
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5/6, Microsoft Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, Fedora. Windows 98, 2000,2003,2008/2010, Ubuntu 12.x/13.x, Sun Solaris 8/9/10, HP-UX 11, IBM AIX 5.xProgramming Languages: Unix Bourne Shell, Korn Shell, PL/SQL, python, awk, Java script, HTML, PHP, Perl, Ruby.
Hardware: IBM RS/6000, pSeries 520, 550, 570, 575, 590, 595, 650, 630,670, M80, S80, H70 and H80, z/VM-9 series, IBM ESS (Enterprise Storage Server), DS8000, IBM 3494, 3583 Automated Tape Library, Brocade, SUN Enterprise 450, Sun Fire 4500,V880, V480,E420R,E450,E250, HP DL 380s and 580s,EMC Symmetrix, Hitachi arrays, Backup Devices, Ethernet Hubs, Routers, Repeaters, Jukebox, Printers DELL Poweredge 1650, 2850, 2950, 6400
Software: Veritas Volume Manager 3.5/4/5, Veritas File System, Veritas Cluster Server 3.x/4.x, Veritas Netbackup 6.0, MS-Office/MS-Project.
Web Servers: Apache/TOMCAT Web Server Administration, DNS, Sendmail.
Security: TCP/IP Wrapper, IP Tables, SELinux.
Virtualization Tools: VMWare ESX 3.0.1 & 3.5.0 Server, vSphere, VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5 &Xen 3.2Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, DHCP,UDP, TELNET, Firewalls, Cisco Routers/ Switches.
Storage Devices: SAN, NAS, SUN ZFS 7420/7320, EMC Power Path 4.0, VERITAS SAN Point Manager, VVM 3.1/3.2/4.0, RAID Manager
Backup Tools: Tivoli Storage Management (TSM), Avamar
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, 11g, DB2, SQL Server
Application servers: WebLogic/WebSphere, Jboss, Apache, Tomcat.
Clustering Software: Red Hat Cluster Suite, VERITAS Clusters, Sun Clusters, AIX HACMP.
Storage Appliances: Netapp (Ontap versions 7.x & 8.x)
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Red hat satellite server
Thirdparty Software: VERITAS Volume manager, LVM, LDAP
Antivirus: Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, Trend Micro Messaging Suite for Exchange, MacAfee Virus Scan Engine 7.1 / 8i, AVG (Grisoft)
Remote Access Tools: Terminal Services, Net Meeting, Web - Ex, PC Anywhere and VNC for Windows Servers.
Other Tools: Nagios, IPMI, CUPS, Samba, Firewall (Squid, IPTables), FTP, Kick Start, Jump Start, rsync, SVN, splunk, autosys / uc4, TPM, VAS: Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Maven, Gradle, Ansible.
Cloud: AWS, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace, Openstack.
Sr. Linux / Devops Engineer
- Installation, Evaluation, Implementation, Automation, Integration, Analysis and Troubleshooting for enterprise system software, enterprise server hardware, and storage.
- Installation and Configuration of Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 6/7, Fedora, RHEL 6
- Configuration of BIND, DHCP & DNS.
- Configuration and installation of Chef
- Automating tasks by writing Chef Recipes, Cookbooks and Ansible Playbooks.
- Configuring the Kernel and tuning the performance by tuning the kernel.
- Troubleshooting connectivity to Servers and Networking Systems.
- Monitoring periodic system backups and restoring them when required.
- Provisioning, Configuring of the Redhat, Ubuntu based Servers.
- Troubleshooting Splunk search quotas, monitoring the inputs provided, WMI issues raised, using the Splunk crash logs and alert scripts.
- Involvement in the complete Administration on Red Hat Linux and documentation of the projects under execution and also creation of the Standard Operating Procedures for the reliable structure establishment in the administration.
- Configuration and tuning of load balancers.
- Working knowledge on VMware, Vmotion and Vrealize
- Maintenance of System Security and making sure that it is update with patches.
- Cron job creation for periodic processes.
- Configuration and installation of LDAP, iptables, firewall, SSH, TCPwrappers for hardening the security.
- Performing kickstart for expansion of the clusters of the Servers.
- Experience in administering SSL certificates on Apache and Nginix Web Servers.
- Involvement in 24x7 calling and ticketing support environment on multiple environments of Operating systems such as Linux, VM Clusters Servers with rotational shifts on on-call assignments.
- Involvement in the creation of multicast routing with the coordination of network team.
- Environment: Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 6/7, Fedora, RHEL 5, 6, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, Salt Stack, CF Engine, LDAP, Bamboo, AWS, iptables, AWS, Zenoss, Icinga, Nagios, VMware, Vmotion, Vrealize, GIT, GITlab, Splunk, Vagrant, VLAN, TELNET, DHCP, NIS, SSL administration, HP Proliant DL 120 Gen9 Server, Apache, Nginix, Domino, firewalld, Import and Deport disks into a disk group depending on the requirement using the vxassist utility on the Veritas Volume Manager.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Openstack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and also used Ruby for scripting.
- Preparing servers for Oracle RAC installation, which includes creating ASM disks, Kernel tuning, agent installation, adding NAS storage.
- Managed User and Application Account creations, deletions, and setting up sudo access for DBA and application account access.
- Experience with running SQL queries on Oracle and MySQL.
- Administered security, users, group administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance and resource monitoring and performed disaster recovery management procedures.
- Administration responsibilities include user, group, disk, and security management.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Managed shared NFS, mounting and un-mounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting and stopping the NFS services.
Sr Systems Administrator/ Devops Engineer
Environment:Red hat Linux 5, 6, CENTOS, Oracle 10g/11g RAC, JDK 1.5, 1.6, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, AIX 5.3, 6.1, Windows Server, XP, 07,08, VIOS 2.1, 2.2, HACMP, IBM RISC (POWER) Servers IBM P5 520, 550, 570, P6 520, 550, 570, P7 710, 720, 740, IBM X Servers X220, X240, X2950, X3200, X3400, X3550, X3650, X3650M2, X3650M3, X3650M4, X3850. IBM Blade Servers, DNS,NFS,SMTP, Web server Apache 1.3x, Application server Jboss, Sun Solaris 10, SunFire V480/V490/V240/F4800/E2900, M3000, M4000, HP DL380 G5, HP DL360 G4, VMware, vSphere 4.1/5.1, Puppet, Redhat 5.6/5.8, SuSE Linux 10/11. Configuration management tools Puppet and satellite server.
- Worked as Administrative support for 150 odd Linux/Solaris running WebLogic Suite applications, variety of business applications.
- Receive the TADs (Technical architectural diagrams) from web engineers
- Work on the change tickets to be created for necessary VIP binding, DNS entries creation & DB crypto vault labels creation
- Building the JVMs as per the TAD structure
- Configuration of all data sources, certificates as per the TAD
- Apache installations and configurations as necessary as per the TAD
- Deploying applications i.e the code provided by application team
- Install, configure, and maintain RHEL 5.x/6.x, SLES 9.x 10.x 11.x, Win 2008 R2/2012 as a part of ecosystem isolation infrastructure project.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc with Opscode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Worked on Version controller GIT and integration tools: Jenkins
- Provisioned Bigdata (Cassandra / Gluster nodes), Bare Metal and VMs for database, app and web purposes.
- Create opsware implementation records to populate server specs to kick start file for PXE boot process.
- Automated server provision to modify server parameters and enable bulk server provisioning.
- Used Dockers tools for instances.
- Setup VAS tool on Linux platforms and add them to their appropriate domains for AD authentication of all users.
- Ensure server communication via network and perform HP server automation communication tests.
- Used Ruby and Perl for scripting.
- Troubleshoot and work with appropriate teams for HP / DELL hardware for network/storage issues.
- Post provision servers to modify system parameters for appropriate purposes and validate them.
- Perform validation tests/QA to ensure consistency prior server delivery to the appropriate teams.
- Build VMs via Redhat Cloud Forms as per the requirement and troubleshoot them for any errors.
- Support systems and prep them for season readiness.
- Tweak scripts to automate post provisioning and server build process.
- Document all changes to improve process for future use.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support to WIS Linux Infrastructure and the applications running on the Linux and VMware platform.
- End-to-end problem determination/troubleshooting system issues.
- Modify kernel parameters and system settings prior handing it over to appropriate teams..
- Take server backups of significant date prior system patch / upgrade.
- Schedule servers for server patching via SUSE Manager.
- 24 / 7 on call rotation support.
- Tested Puppet Enterprise in lab environment and successfully set up node communication.
- Provision / support VMs via VMware vSphere such as memory upgrades / adding NIC cards etc.
- Worked on adding users to Centrify Active Directory and manage their privileges.
- Configure SUDO access to users for DBA and APP users.
- Perform performance monitoring and report activity log to senior management.
- Redeployments as necessary based on the requirement from app team
- Helping to app team while they are testing the environments
- Initial routine tasks for PROD env like communication and traffic monitoring
- Troubleshooting in all technical issues
- Creating WAGs (hand over documents for support teams) and proving hand over to support teams after project completion
- Created L1, L2 & L3 Support structure and implemented the 24/7 support
- Provided solutions on patch management of 5000 Linux servers
- Handled successfully initial 30 problem tickets and resolved within the SLA and made the other associates used to the similar process of handling the environments
- Performed Installation, configuration of RHEL 5, Solaris operating systems.
- Implementation of several native Linux services like NFS, FTP, DNS, NTP, LVM etc.
- Performed live as well as manual OS upgrade from Redhat 3, 4 to red hat 5 and 6.
- Creating and managing shared disk groups in clustering environment.
- Installation of local yum repository and package administration using yum and rpm.
- User, Group management for all the Linux Servers.
- Setup and management of SFTP server for file transfer services.
- Monitored, Installed packages, patches and secured the server using Red hat satellite server.
- Implemented chroot jailing for users to have restricted access to the SFTP server.
- Installed and configured puppet.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Network trouble shooting using ndd, trace route, net stat, ifconfig and snoop.
- Worked with firewalls like IPTables.
- Performed OS hardening to make UNIX environments more secure. Installed Center of Internet Security (CIS) benchmark tool to gauge security loopholes and hardened the systems accordingly.
- Setup LDAP Client services on Linux Servers.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Configured Linux Kickstart on multiple servers for network installation.
- Configured Multipath, Powerpath, added SAN, created physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volumes.
- Made backups of the important files using the tar, zip, gzip and compress utilities.
- Created, cloned Linux Virtual Machines, templates using ESXi 5.1, 5.5 and migrated servers between ESX hosts.
- Configured and monitored NFS environment.
- Configured NIC Bondings on Linux and IPMP on Solaris for redundancy of network interfaces.
- Creating and cloning virtual machines in VMware environment using Virtual Infrastructure client 3.5 and Vsphere 4.0.
- Involved in administration of Content Management systems.
- Coordinated with database administrators while setting up Oracle 10g/11g on Linux.
- Added disk space and managed various file system on the Linux and UNIX servers.
- Monitored and troubleshot different performance related issues using performance monitoring utilities like IOSTAT, VMSTAT, TOP, NETSTAT and SAR.
- Set up test labs for testing hardware and software compatibility with new releases of OS, application software.
- Installed and configured Jboss application server.
- Scheduling jobs through cron frequent modification to crontab.
- Performed Volume Management using Logical volume management (LVM).
- Acted as liaison between various development teams, DBA and application teams to resolve issues and provide support.
- Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access, monitoring status of process in order to increase the system efficiency.
- Prepared technical documentation for all set up and configuration steps, architecture Visio diagrams.
Confidential - Fresno, CA
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Responsible for the design, build, configuration and troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux 5 systems.
- Installation through the kickstart for the RHEL and jumpstart configuration for the Solaris Systems.
- Management of RPM/YUM packages on Red Hat Linux systems.
- Experience in fabrics of SAN such as FC SAN, iSCSI SAN and NAS storage.
- Using DHCP, NIS, NFS, FTP protocols in the system administration levels as clients and server machine services.
- Management of disk space through raw disks and LVM’s configuration on the servers.
- Configuration and installation of Apache web servers on different mount points in a server and also in multiple server and cluster environments.
- Installation and updations of the patches and packages to all the servers under allocation.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues at system and network level on the using iostat, vmstat, top, netstat and sar commands and SNMP service for the management of the network related issues.
- Performing the maintenance of the servers and working on the connectivity based issues reported along with the network team monthly or based on the requirement.
- Monitoring system logs in case of failure in the automated systems or software failures and correcting the corrupted files and backing up the logs.
- Involvement in conducting performance tuning, hardware upgrades
- Installation of Red Hat servers via Samba and automation of the scripts and tasks using Samba.
- Management of routine backups and incremental backups for some special applications like databases.
- Creation and cloning of Linux Virtual Machines, using templates of ESXi and vSphere.
- Working knowledge on KVM’s, installation and creation of Linux VM’s.
- Requirement collection, and brain storming for providing the business solution for the design and implementation of the infrastructure development and setup.
- Configuration of JBoss on Linux/Unix environments and integration of it with Apache/HTTPD Server.
- Troubleshooting Linux Network, Security related issues, using Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP, and familiarity with Satellite Server.
Environment: RHEL 5, 6, Solaris, SAN, NAS Storage, DHCP, ESXi, vSphere, KVM, Samba, VMware, Apache/HTTPD, JBOSS, NMAP, TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, NIS, LVM, DVCS, SNMP, Shell Scripting, TCPwrappers.
Environment: HP Proliant servers, SUN Servers (6500, 4500, 420, Ultra 2 Servers), Solaris 7/8, Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Volume Manager, Samba, NFS, NIS, LVM, Linux, Puppet, Shell Programming Red Hat Linux 4/5, BMC Tools, NAGIOS, Bash Scripting, web servers, LDAP directory, Active Directory, BEA Web logic servers, SAN Switches, Apache, Tomcat servers, WebSphere application server, Redhat Linux 4.x 5.x 6.x AS ES, CENTOS, FEDORA, SUSE Linux 10.3 11.1, OEL 5.5, DELL PE R900 R910 R 710 1950 2650 2950, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Oracle 10g Data Guard, Samba, NT/2000 Server, WebSphere, Web Logic 8.1, OVS, OVM, DELL IT-ASSISTANT, MS ACCESS, Korn, Bash, Veritas Volume Manager 4.x.
- Installed RHEL 4.0/5.0 using kickstart and custom building the servers.
- Installed/configured EMC Storage with 0, 1& 5 RAID configurations.
- Installed and maintained Security issues.
- Primary responsibility is Remediating Servers running on Solaris 8, 9, 10 (Patch Management Planning & Installation).
- Upgrade all the storage associated with the H/W ( Veritas, EMC Powerpath )
- Perform day to day support on the server like administration, maintenance, upgrade of Redhat Linux & Solaris, supporting Hardware problems co-ordination with Vendors, performing Security related controls, Fine tuning, Kernel debugging, process scheduling, disk and file system I/O, kernel internals, TCP/IP communications.
- Pre-work requirement gathering that includes OS versions running on the servers, storage attached, IP addresses allocated etc., and creating server lookup sheets.
- Plan schedules for the week by contacting different clients and notifying them about the outages required.
- Administered, maintained RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x (AS, ES ), Solaris 9-10, CENTOS, FEDORA, SUSE Linux 10.3 11.1 & OEL 5.5 troubleshoot hardware, operating system, applications & network problems and performance issues.
- Racking up New hardware ( DELL PE 1950 2950 2650 R900 R710 R910 R610 ) in provided DELL RACS and powering them up.
- Enabling DRAC IP ‘s to access console remotely.
- Setting up the disks ( internal and external ) in RAID configuration for PRE-OS INSTALL.
- Installed, maintained & performed troubleshoot on RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x ( 32 and 64 bit ), CENTOS, FEDORA etc and configuring them for different purposes such Databases and Applications.
- Setting up, Installing, Configuring servers with Oracle VM Server and creating different Database or Application virtual machines and maintaining them over Oracle VM Manager.
- Running different, installing the required RPMS ( using physical media, virtual media andRHN ) on new servers and getting them ready for Database creation and Installing Applications.
- Installed VERITAS volume manager and implemented various RAID levels, logical volume creation, mirroring and file systems
- Maintained Separate spread sheets for physical and virtual servers. Worked on getting all the existing hardware into the server database.
- Modification / Installation of scripts include creating different directories, creating users, giving users access permissions and passwords, starting / stopping different services in different run-levels, copying all the configuration files from the central database repository to all the servers, installing / removing Packages ( RPMS ), configuring RSYNC ( used for faster file transfers ), CA BACKUP CLIENT AGENT - for back up purposes and getting the Servers ready for Oracle Database ( 9i, 10g, 11g ) and Other Application Installations.
- Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Assisted in Server Automation techniques using HPSA for provisioning servers.
- Setup network printers and installed client/server applications. Defined/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) in Linux systems
- Network trouble shooting using ‘ndd’, ‘nc’, 'traceroute', 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and 'snoop' etc.
- Provided support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and pager support
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), FTP, NFS etc on all Linux servers.
- Setting up servers with CUPS on all manager servers ( RHEL 4.x, 5.x ) for printing. Created scripts to monitor print queues and notify / alert administrators if there are any idle queues and enable / disable them to restart print queues.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls, attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment
- Hard ware maintenance and System Administration on all DELL PE servers.
- Created / Opened tickets with DELL regarding any errors in the server hardware to troubleshoot them for any CPU / IO ERRORS and replace any parts ( MEMORY MODULES, PHYSICAL DISKS, DRAC CARDS, PERC - POWER EDGE RAID CONTROLLER CARDS, CPU FANS etc ).
- Created Service Tickets with Oracle - to troubleshoot, maintain virtual machines running on virtual hosts ( OVS installed ) / improve performance on servers with Oracle Database Instances running on it.
- Installing and setting up Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g on Linux for the development team
- Installed APEX LISTENER & WEB-LOGIC and maintaining them.
- Implemented virtualization using OVM in Linux on DELL PE series.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area and performed Red hat Linux Kickstart installations
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in Redhat Linux that include upgrading Rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring LVM file system, printing issues, connection / network issues etc.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Upgraded all servers from Linux 4.x to Linux 5.x
- Upgraded OVM Manager from 2.2.0 to 2.2.2 & all virtual server hosts from OVS 2.1.2 to OVS 2.2.2.
- Experience in Migration of Virtual Machines between different Virtual Hosts running on OVS
- Installed OMSA on all the physical servers for hardware monitoring and setting up all the physical servers on a central server that hosts IT ASSISTANT which is used to set up alerts on all the servers.
- Created scripts to generate disk and file space alerts.
- Ran DELL DIAGNOSTICS on different servers to test MEMORY and CPU related issues.
- Developed Korn and Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities and involved running some system tap scripts.
- Took System backups using tar regularly and Uncompressed the Database backup using LZOP.
- Manage systems using remote consoles like DRAC for DELL PE Hardware Series
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Deleting old / expired instances and DBAN ‘d the old hardware.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Open Pre-work / Actual-work / Post-work / Security tickets through service-now database and follow up on their approvals.
- Pre-work includes Sanity checks on the servers for original system configuration, running explorer, Check for any space issues and verify root access / Remote Console Access / last backup with the storage team before proceeding with any Patches / Upgrades ( any issues found with these activities are usually taken to the higher management for re-schedules ).
- Worked with VxVM in mirroring volumes on high-end servers to secure file systems on Solaris.
- Trouble shooting server based problems with root cause analysis.
- Create scripts to start/stop services, such as team quest manager, ftp etc., if necessary.
- Focus on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Follow Company Process flow and document any unexpected outages.
- Notify and work with Security Teams for Etrust Upgrades or Security Tools necessary as a part of the upgrade policy.
- Work with clients / offshore team simultaneously and updating them regarding the status of the servers during the actual patching process.
- Create, change, delete user accounts, password aging as per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Performed all System Administration tasks like cron jobs, installing packages, and patches.
- Diagnosing hardware/software problems and provide solutions.
- Configured and maintained Samba Server, NFS Server, NIS Server and clients, DNS clients and Auto Fs File systems.
- Troubleshooting system, network and user issues.
- Performing tape backups, archiving and checking data integrity through Shell Scripts and job automation.
- Supported back office systems environments.
- Used Puppet tool for managing system configurations.
- Testing and upgrading production, development and test Linux and Solaris servers.
- Creation & Maintenance of user accounts & passwords & profiles, home directories, initialization of files, groups’ creation and management, setting file permissions, customizing shell environment setup for users.
- Additional responsibilities include schedule and administration of server backups, setup and administration of network and MS mail accounts.
- Maintaining production critical servers running Solaris UNIX, Linux supporting Oracle database and Web services. Providing 24x7 supports.
- Worked efficiently using Veritas NetBackup on development and production servers for backups and restores.
- Created LVMs on Linux servers.
- Scheduling jobs through cron - frequent modification to crontab.
- Writing Shell Scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & for automation of routine tasks.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle, PowerBuilder, Toad, Windows 2003 Server, Java, Trend Micro Antivirus, Dell PowerEdge1300, 1500, Acer Server, Citrix, VOIP, WebEx, Puppet and Redhat Satellite server.
- Handling L1/L2 tasks and managing prod issue in US off hours.
- Server monitoring thru HP/Tivoli/RTview/Ganglia.
- Escalating the issue to onsite when required.
- Recruiting resources to offshore team and guiding/grooming them to bring them to the speed.
- Building the servers which include OS kick start/File system carving/App & DB installation and configuration/System tunings.
- Troubleshooting, ensuring system security, Backup/restore, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring/Fine-tuning on UNIX (SUN Solaris 10, Red Hat Linux/AIX) Systems.
- Installing/configuring ESXi servers and adding them to the cluster for Fault tolerance (FT) and managing them through Vsphere client.
- Creating VMware cluster and enabling HA/DRS features to enable fully automatic failover.
- Configurtion of VMotion, Virtual switch and VLAN in virtual centers.
- Applying VTMs/Firmware updates on the hardware and VM clients.
- Managing user logins/requests such as deployments/SSH key setups/troubleshooting issues.
- Administrative tasks periodically like cleaning of system log files, var files, removing temp files, checking file system and scheduling job automation.
- Worked on EMC SAN tech refresh on both host based and array based migration.
- Implementing the work around and applying permanent solution and updating the business on the closure of the problems.
- Disk Management, partitioning tools like fdisk, sfdisk etc.
- File system management ext3 file system & utilities (mke2fs, e2fsck, and tune2fs).
- Installed & Configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Network servers with SAMBA file server, FTP server and SMTP server.
- Installation and configuration of Squid proxy and Samba Server and web server.
- Configured NFS and autofs clients for file sharing on about 40 clients.
- Configured different RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disk) on Linux.
- Configuring LVM and managing the volumes.
- Diagnosing and monitoring performance issues using ps, top, sar, vmstat, instate
- Patching of the operating system and package updating across various OS.
- Firmware updates for OS/ILO/Frames as and when required.
- Working with various vendors for the Root cause analysis and deploying action plan based on the scenario.