Lotus Notes/Domino/BlackBerry Administrator, with 14 years extensive, "hands-on", 2nd & 3rd Level experience.
Since 1996, a self-employed incorporated consultant for Robert Half Technology, EMC at MasterCard, MEI, Inc., B. Braun, SPX, Henkel, The NBA (National Basketball Association), Automated Financial Systems (AFS), The Hartford Insurance at Planco Financial, The U.S. Department of Commerce at The U.S. Census Bureau (twice), American Water, Hewlett-Packard at Wachovia Bank, Atofina Chemicals, Novartis Pharmaceutical, The City of Philadelphia, Pa., Mercedes Benz, Quest Diagnostics, Ernst & Young, U.S. Tobacco, The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Hoffman-LaRoche, Johnson & Johnson, and Pfizer.
Software / Tools / Firmware:Lotus Notes Client / Domino Servers R3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.5,Domino Administrator,Domino Designer, Domino Domain Monitor (DDM), Blackberry Administration Service, BlackBerry Servers 2.2, 4.0, 4.1, 220.127.116.11, BlackBerry Manager, BlackBerry 4.0 Desktop Manager, Binary Tree AMT for Exchange, Binary Tree CMT for Exchange, CMT Migration Worker, CMT Universal, Exchange Management Console, Exchange Server 2007, Exchange Server 2010, DC Global Calendar 7, EmailXtender Search 4.81, Sametime, QuickPlace/Quickr, TeamRoom, LotusLive, Domino Web Access / iNotes, Lotus Notes Diagnostic (LND), FirM for Lotus Domino, NotesPeek, Avaya Unified Communications, BigSky Remark Unified Messaging Assistant for Lotus Notes, ID Manager 4.5 for ND6 ID Management System, ServerAdmin Plus, Active Directory, TeamStudio CIAO!, ITIM (Tivoli Identity Manager), FOPE: (Forefront Online Protection for Exchange) / Exchange Hosted Services(EHS), Sprint Admin Center, Postini, MIMEsweeper for SMTP Manager, MIMEsweeper Policy Editor, Mirapoint Spam Filter, Barracuda Spam Firewall 400, SpamSentinel, Sophos, TrendMicro ScanMail for Domino, Symantec Anti-Virus Filtering for Domino, Symantec Mail Security for Domino 8.0.5, Inoculan, Norton Anti-Virus, GroupShield, HP Data Protector, Symantec Backup Exec, Veritas NetBackup, Arcserve, FaxCom for Domino, RightFax Module for Lotus Notes, Juniper Connect SSL VPN, Nortel Contivity VPN Client, Cisco VPN Client, CA Service Desk, Altiris, GWI (Help Desk Software), HelpMatics, Peregrine Service Center, Heat, Remedy, HPOpenview Service Desk, Netman, Magic Solutions, Utopia , Applix, Bomgar, LogMeIn Web-based Remote Support Software, Meeting Center/WebEx, Netop Remote Control, NetMeeting, LanDesk, PC Anywhere, LapLink, DameWare Remote Control, Microsoft Server Manager, Visio, Microsoft SharePoint Services, Mindjet MindManager Visualization Tool, Quest Notes Migrator for Exchange 4.3, Quest Log File Viewer, SSDM Scheduling Administration Tool, SQL Server Configuration Manager, ADT(Automated Deployment Toolkit for Lotus Notes, ManageEngine OpManager, Microsoft Project, Ehealth Report Generating Tool, IBM iSeries Navigator, Putty Terminal Client, WinSCP File Copy Program, Remote Insight Board Lights-Out Edition, HP IP Console Viewer, SecurePath, Microsoft TechNet, Citrix, Netfinity Service Manager, Notes Upgrade Services Wizard, Spirian Migration Tool, GroupWise, CC:Mail, Schedule Plus, SnagIt Screen Capture.
Employment History: Self-employed consultant since 1996 for these clients:
Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration Engineer:May 2011 to Present
(4 month OnsiteAssignment)
- Global Project migrating 6000+ users from Notes 6.5 to Exchange 2007, using Binary Tree Migration Tool. Migration Engineer responsible for executing mail file, Blackberry, Archives to PST, Mail-In Database, and Rooms & Resources migrations. Regional Domain, LDAP Host, DC ,and AD Domain settings changes/modifications for AMT and CMT/EMM. Daily restart of Control Centers/Migration Servers and Workstations/Worker Apps. Use AMT to Import users, Pre-Migration Actions (Point users accounts to Replica Staging Mail File, Fix Contacts/Group Members, Fix Folders, Maintain Calendar Workflow, Point users accounts to Production Mail File). Set Exchange Mailbox MDB (Database Name, Storage Group and Exchange Server). Enable Exchange Mailboxes and verify SMTP addresses, x.500 Address & updated AD Primary & Secondary SMTP addresses exist, via Exchange Manaqement Console. Set Mail Routing for users to Exchange. Point user to Replica Staging Mail file. Match Domino usernames to Exchange usernames and Select Profile. Set Migration Farm, Migration Profile, pull final replica to staging server, add users to Migration queue, and monitor migrations. Blackberry Migrations using CMT Mobile(Select and point users to corresponding BES Server, Migration IT Policy, LDAP Server for Identifier Lookup, and Wireless backup). Post-migration actions, including sending Post-Migration Notifications and marking all migrated users Complete. Updated and modified Migration Runbook, created documentation on How to Migrate Archives to PST’s, How to Migrate Rooms & Resources from Notes to Exchange and How to Migrate Mail-In Databases from Notes to Exchange. Troubleshoot migrations using Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, MS Access, CMT Universal, etc….
Lotus Notes/Domino/Blackberry Administrator: February 2011 – April 2011
(3Month Work from Home Office Backfill Assignment)
- Providing Notes/Domino/Blackberry Admin support, servicing a mixed R7/R8 environment, on 15 Domino Servers, for 600+ USA, Mexico, Canada and Chile users, as part of a Global client base of 10,000 users, in 70 countries, including 24 x 7 support; Exported notes mail template info, for each of the mail servers, to Excel spreadsheet, showing many users having the incorrect template; Review and resolve outstanding tickets in Altiris Service Desk ticketing system and also in-house ticketing system; Installed EmailXtender Search 4.8.1 on users machine, retrieved missing messages and copied to users mail file, Upgraded and installed Notes Clients from R7 to R8.51, and configured Sametime on users machines; Fixed corrupt SMTP server log.nsf file, & corrupt mail files; Enabled iNotes for users; Register new Notes users; Create mail-in databases; Fixed 3rd party DC Global Calendar 7 tool department calendar synchronization issues; Fixed incorrect mail rules; Resolved corrupt log files on users machines; Updated ODS on databases from 43 to 51; Ran Cluster Analysis on Mail servers and discovered missing replica’s, orphaned mail files, copies versus replica’s, misaligned ACL’s, etc., and fixed all issues; Created monthly Domino server maintenance procedures, including automated batch file to run the maintenance; Created Daily Admin Checklist, Created new documentation on How to Register New Notes Users, How to Terminate Notes Users, and How to Create a Mail-in Database; Resolved issue of SMTP servers not starting automatically as Windows Service, by removing “–c “ parameter from startup path registry setting. Notes native console not necessary in Win2008 server, and was prohibiting servers from starting automatically; Added a UMAdmin role to hub server Domino Directory ACL to resolve administrators group inability to edit user person docs for the Avaya Phone Messaging system; Modified incorrect Server, Connection doc, and notes.ini configuration settings; Modified mail template settings, as Unread Marks were not replicating to “All Servers”; Reclaimed 50GB+ disk space from four mail servers, by cleaning up orphaned and/or unneccessary mail files; Discovered and deleted users personal agents running on servers, and showed users how to create mail rules, to accomplish similar tasks; Used Manage ACL Tool to fix incorrect ACL settings, by adding/removing/modifying servers, groups, users, etc.,; Resolved issue of personal journal/notebook not replicating to users Blackberry; Changed Domino servers to run automatically, versus manually as a service; Enabled various debug parameters on a few servers that had stopped responding or crashed; Fixed issue with events4.nsf (Monitoring Config) database not replicating with replicas on Canada and Mexico servers, by adding db to Files/Directories to Replicate field in Hub Server connection doc; Resolved issue of server that crashed due to incorrect AMGR settings; Coordinate with various vendors, including IBM, Maysoft, RIM, etc...; Upgraded Department Calendar from version 6 to version 7.8.2; Created nserver program doc on mail servers to periodically restart router task, as workaround for servers that were incorrectly reporting ghost dead mail, due to intercept task of SpamSentinel, until vendor came up with fix; Enabled archival transaction logging on mail servers and confirmed BackupExec was recycling the tlogs.
Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration Engineer: September 2010 – December 2010
(4 Month On-Site Assignment)
- 8,000 user Lotus Notes to Exchange 2010 Migration; Pre-migration procedures, including re-starting kits/workstations, control centers, and CMT Migration Worker apps; Confirm user counts for daily migration; Provision mailboxes using Binary Tree AMT for Exchange database connecting to Global EMM database to Import users; Set Exchange mailbox databases; Enable Exchange mailboxes via PowerShell script; Set Full Access rights of enabled mailboxes; Replicate rights in Active Directory; Update Active Directory Primary and Secondary SMTP; Validate changes by confirming userid’s match userid’s in Global EMM database, and both SMTP and x500 addresses are correct; Use Global EMM database to Match Domino usernames to Exchange usernames; Set the Migration kits/workstations to perform migrations; Set Mail Routing to Exchange; Disable directory synch for users; Push mail routing changes; Pull final replicas of Domino mail file databases prior to migration; Confirm replication completed successfully, via live console and/or Server Task view in Domino Admin client; Use CMT for Exchange 3.2 database, to import, select and confirm number of users; Select users to be migrated for each kit/workstation; Set, review, and confirm migration profile; Select and add users to normal priority migration queue; Migrate users; Monitor migration on CMT Monitor and/or RDC to kits/workstations; Use Global EMM database to send post-migration messages to Exchange mailboxes, and insert user notifications in Notes mailfile databases for migrated users; Set users’ status to migrated successfully; Clear users migration workstations; Send migration summary report to project lead.
Lotus Notes/Domino/BlackBerryAdministrator: April 2010 – September 2010
(6 Month Assignment:3 Days On-Site / 2 Days from Home Office)
- Providing 2nd/3rd Level Notes/Domino/Blackberry Admin support, servicing a mixed R7/R8 environment, of 750+ Global users, on 12 Domino Application, Mail, QuickPlace/Quickr, Sametime and Blackberry servers in the USA, Switzerland, Mexico, UK, China, and Hong Kong, including 24 x 7 support; Upgraded 12 Domino Servers from 7.02 to 8.51; Assist with preparation of documentation, procedures, and user training for Global Domino 8.5.1 Upgrade Project; Copied 37 Application Databases from Production Servers to Test Server, in preparation for 8.5.1 Upgrade; Created Certificate Authority Database, CA Key, and server keyring files, using Domino as the Certificate Authority, saving client $4K in certificate fees while resolving issue of expired DWA / iNotes and Sametime Meeting Center web certificates. Dropped keyring and keyring password files in data dir of each server and restarted http task; Created Event Generators to monitor memory, disk space, dead & waiting mail, etc…corresponding Event Handlers, and Server Statistic Docs for all servers; Created Monthly Server Maintenance Procedures and ran monthly server maintence on servers; Daily monitoring of Domino Servers using Domino Admin Client, Domino Domain Monitor, and statrep.nsf databases; Resolve troubleshooting requests/issues via CA Service Desk ticketing system; Registered, Terminated, Renamed Notes Users; Create Mail-in Databases; Created a Terminated Users address book, as a repository for termed users person docs; Upgraded SMSDOM (Symantec Mail Security for Domino) from 8.01 to 8.0.5 and nntask.exe file on all Domino servers; Reviewed notes.ini, server, configuration, connection, and program docs, agent manager schedule, server tasks, disk space availability, user registration/renames/moves and termination procedures, etc….and recommended and implemented changes, where appropriate; Reviewed and individually aligned 750+ mail and mail-in database ACL’s, deleted 62 orphan mail files, reclaiming 114GB of disk space, deleted 19 orphan mail-in database documents, created missing replica’s, Compact and Fixup program docs, etc…; Fixed incorrect database ACL’s in 178 Roaming Directories; Downloaded and installed updated version of NSD file on all Domino Servers, and added multiple debug parameters to all Domino server notes.ini files; Used convert utility to replace incorrect designs of 175 mail and 46 mail-in database templates; Configured message tracking and created monthly scheduled reports to track mail by users, senders and receivers, by size and by count, by 25 largest messages, and by message volume summary. Created mtdata directory and mtstore.nsf database and started mtc task on all Domino mail servers to generate these reports.
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator: March 2010 – April 2010
(1 month On-Site Assignment: Support of Vista O/S Upgrade Project)
- Provide 2nd/3rd Level Notes/Domino/Blackberry Admin Support, servicing an R8 environment, of 3,000+ users, on 24 Domino Mail, Application and Blackberry Servers, at 10 sites, in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and USA; Resolved ongoing issue with multiple users who were unable to send/reply via iNotes/DWA mail, by modifying browser settings on client machines; Reviewed over 800 recent Notes / Domino / Blackberry tickets, as part of effort to recommend changes / modifications to the Help Desk and Notes Team, in assisting them to be more efficient; Discovered failed personal agents on mail servers; Discovered and fixed damaged adminp view and rebuilt view by running updall -r command; Discovered and deleted multiple rep conflicts on ddm.nsf (Domino Domain Monitor) database hidden view; Discovered many users have template replication enabled on replication page, needlessly trying to replicate with many templates, multiple times, on a daily basis; Discovered 800 outstanding mail file deletion adminp requests needed to be approved, some were more than 12 months old; Reviewed and modified server notes.ini files.
Confidential,Charlotte, North Carolina
Lotus Notes/Domino/BlackBerry Administrator: August 2008 – January 2010
(18 month Work from Home Office Assignment)
- Work a 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule, in addition to providing 24 x 7 coverage, to provide 2nd/3rd Level Notes / Domino Admin Support, servicing a Global Notes / Domino messaging, collaboration, & BlackBerry environment, within an international, single domain of approximately 75 Domino servers, 17,000+ users, in a mixed R6 and R7 environment, as part of a 24 hour “Follow-the-Sun” Global team coverage; Monitor servers, mail.boxes, run server console command tasks, troubleshoot mail routing issues, including restarting router, updating routing table, etc..; Using Blackberry Manager 4.1.6, Add / Activate / Delete / Purge users, Assign Software Configuration, Assign IT Policy, Set Activation Password, Resend Service Books, modify PIM Sync Address Book settings, etc..; Used both DDM and Domino Administrator client to monitor servers; Resolve database, address book, clubusy, replication and synchronization issues; Use ID Manager Requests Database ND6 & ND7, an ID Management system to troubleshoot new user registration issues, distribute Notes ID’s, Recertify Users, Name Changes, User Moves to New Certifiers, User Terminations, create Mail-in Databases, etc..; Use CA Service Desk to view, resolve and document tickets; Review, approve, process Adminp requests; Reconcile missing mail file replicas; Use FOPE: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (formerly Exchange Hosted Services), mail filtering software, including anti-virus, anti-spam, quarantine, junk mail, etc….to whitelist/blacklist domains, create policy rules, release quarantined mail, etc..; Installed and configured Blackberry Manager 4.1.4 on Support Team Members machines; Modified Formula in action of form to allow users with certain ACL roles assigned, ability to view/use a hidden button; Work with IBM Support on escalated Notes issues, and RIM Support on escalated Blackberry issues; Trained new Notes Administrators.
Confidential,Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: March 2008 – August 2008
(6 Month Work from Home Office Assignment)
- Provide 2nd/3rd Level Notes / Domino Admin Support, servicing a Global Notes / Domino messaging, and collaboration environment, within an international, single domain of approximately 230 Domino servers, 52,000 users, and 5000 applications, as part of a 24 hour “Follow-the-Sun” Global team coverage; Responsible for Daily monitoring of 43 Regional North American, South American, and some European Domino servers, for tasks such as Availability Index Checks, Performance / Resource / Disk Structure / Disk Space Checks, Mail Routing Monitoring, Replication History Checks (for critical system files, i.e., names.nsf, admin4.nsf, mobiledircat.nsf, catalog,nsf, etc...); Management of Notes Group, Mail-In Database, Notes Application, Mail Topology: (Creations, deletions, updates, replica creations, replication issues, ACL alignments, connection documents.); Daily management / monitoring, assignment and resolution of tickets in Remedy, and coordination with internal Regional colleagues & external Service providers; General Notes Maintenance Tasks: Repair / fixup corrupted Notes-related applications, mailboxes, databases, system files; Assisted in creation and implementation of a regional based Domain Catalog model, to replace incorrect standards for catalog.nsf file, due to ACL & Data inconsistencies causing replication delays & slow access; Assisted in Password Checking and Password Digest Clearing project; Regular meetings with Local and Regional Administrators on general queries/clarifications; Consultancy for Local Administrators on client Domino policies, standards, procedures and guidelines; Coordinated Cobian to Mirapoint Spam Filter Pilot Testing project; Antivirus for Lotus Notes configuration and management, e.g. McAfee Groupshield consultancy, including verification of virus definition file updates; Setup real-time server statistics performance monitor, resulting in successful troubleshooting of performance issues on French application server; Discovered databases on all 15 North American Servers, had not been compacted in months, & no compact program created or scheduled to run on those servers. Created Compact programs for all 15 NA servers; Discovered replication on names.nsf on an application server was temporarily disabled, and NAB had not replicated in since September 2007. Server was shutdown, and new names.nsf replica was created; Discovered corrupt log file on server. Shutdown server, renamed log.nsf, server re-start created new log.nsf; Updated 30+ Domino Servers on Remedy Main Data Sheet, & removed 15 obsolete servers from same; Deleted 2,000+ obsolete AdminP requests, awaiting admin approval for deletions of private design elements, mail files and replicas, for servers that were de-commissioned years ago; Analysis & modification of server notes.ini files; Analysis & troubleshooting of customized statrep.nsf database error messages on all NA servers; Analysis of server documents for 15 North American servers.
Confidential,Secaucus, New Jersey
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: January 2008 – March 2008
(3 Month On-Site Assignment)
- Provide 2nd & 3rd Level Lotus Notes / Domino Server operational and project-related support to NBA users, including NY, NJ, Domestic and International Regional offices, Team and Arena Offices and various events; Responsible for supporting Lotus Notes/Domino environment and ensuring Domino servers are secure, accessible and available at all times; Resolved issue of Ticketmaster.com mail not being able to route thru Postini, to NBA.com domain, by accessing Postini portal, and using “addallowedips” command, to add new Ticketmaster IP range; Fixed public key mismatches for 50+ Notes/Domino users; Autoresponder message sending multiple messages to users; Multiple person docs in Domino Directory, "Ghost" rule in users mail file by deleting mail file, replicating new one and running compact -c to get rid of the rule; Discovered and stripped notes ID from 15 person documents in Domino Directory; Fixed incorrect ACL\'s for 2200+ mail files; Created restricted groups in NAB; Created mail-in databases; Discovered and deleted 223 orphan mail files reclaiming 27GB of disk space on servers; Participate with the Helpdesk and Desktop Group during problem analysis/resolution; Review logs and reports for possible issues; Identified and resolved complex Lotus Notes/Domino problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: October 2007 – January 2008
(4 Month On-Site Assignment)
- Analyzed server, configuration, connection and program documents, messaging settings, policy documents, profile settings, & notes.ini files, & recommended resolutions for 30+ errors, as part of process of tweaking servers for max efficiency, & to resolve low availability index issue on mail servers; Daily management, analysis, troubleshooting and monitoring of 450+ Lotus Notes 6.5 mail files/users, including critical server tasks, analysis & problem resolution of log files, available server disk space, statrep.nsf for errors, multiple mail.box\'s for dead mail, calendaring & scheduling issues, check to make sure log file is being written to, and not corrupt, check adminp compacted successfully, agent manager error messages, etc..; Modified incorrect ACL settings on 350+ mail files; Register new notes users; Group modifications; User re-certifications; Modify program documents; Assist users in creating mail rules versus running personal agents on server; Create Mail-In Databases; Using Domino Designer, created autoresponder / reply to sender, simple action agent, and added condition statement whereby agent only runs against mail messages (memo form) delivered to the mail database, versus calendar invite reponses (notice form); Upgraded Symantec Mail Security for Domino from 5.1 to 18.104.22.168 on Domino Servers.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: February 2007 – September 2007
(8 Month On-Site Assignment)
- Daily management, analysis, troubleshooting and monitoring of 1000+ Lotus Notes 6.5 users, on 20 Domino 6.5 Hub, Application, Fax, LEI, Mail, SMTP, and Mail Relay servers, including daily monitoring of critical server tasks, analysis & problem resolution of log files, available disk space, statrep.nsf for errors, multiple mail.box\'s, calendaring & scheduling issues, etc..; 24 x 7 Support via Laptop VPN client and Blackberry; Documented and successfully completed procedure to update Domino Servers for DST (Daylight Saving Time) issue; Updated Java Time Zone, Domino Web Access, Rooms & Resources database, and all R5 and ND6 mail files; Modified agents, forms, and batch files to successfully complete project; Work with Notes Developers to move databases into production, using TeamStudio CIAO!; Refresh design of production databases with updated master templates; Survey, Document, Stabilize Symantec Anti-Virus 3.1 and 4.0 on all Domino Servers, and Upgraded all servers to Mail Security for Domino 5.1; Use Microsoft Sharepoint 2.0 as a repository for Lotus Notes Documentation. Created and Uploaded 15 “How to” Documents including on How to Activate Blackberry Users, How to Resolve Undelivered Blackberry Messages, How to Edit the Out of Office Profile and Out of Office Agent, Delete the notes user, Register the notes user, Assign a fax number to a notes user, MIMESweeper troubleshooting,, etc..; Upgraded SpamSentinel from version 4 to version 6, and Monitor SPAMSentinel for Domino Server; Set up SpamSentinel reporting tool to send spam quarantine reports to selected users; Resolved issue with SpamSentinel and SAV, as SAV did not see virus message, but SS saw message as spam, and quarantined it. After SAV def files updated, SAV found the virus, and deleted the quarantine DB, which resulted in backup on all three mail.boxes. Created new quarantine DB, updated ACL, bounced router, all messages routed to the new quarantine DB. Also added SpamSentinel as a directory and/or DB to exclude from Scans, so SAV won’t delete SpamSentinel Dir or nested DB’s in the future; Created Explicit Archive Policy, Settings, & Criteria for user in an archive prohibited environment; Modified $Policies view in users personal NAB to allow dynamic client configuration to recognize new archive settings; Using Domino Designer, grant database view rights for users in templates; Refresh design on corresponding production databases; Registered new Domino servers in Planco domain, modify various Policy documents; Created key ring file and CA Certificate, merged signed CA Certificate into key ring, restarted http task to correct an issue with an expired web server certificate; Discovered and deleted 45 orphan mail files from mail servers, reclaiming 12GB of space; Updated certificates for 50+ users whose public keys did not match certificates; Modified notes.ini files to fix incorrect configuration settings; Register, rename, delete users, approve deletions in Adminp; Move databases between servers; Create mail-in databases; Monitor MIMESweeper on Mail Relay Server and Symantec Mail Security for Domino; Uninstalled MailSweeper 4.3_12 and installed MimeSweeper for SMTP 5.2 on outbound mail relay server; Changed path of temp dir on mail servers notes.ini files, to resolve issue associated with Legato EmailXtender in preparation for Legato Upgrade Project; Disabled/re-enabled mail journaling; remotely shutdown Domino Mail servers and upgraded to Legato EmailXtender 4.80.266.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: June 2005 – February 2007
(Second On-Site Assignment: 20 Months)
- SSS (Special Sworn Status) Individual: Contract employee hired to assist the Census Bureau on work authorized by Title 13, subject to same confidentiality requirements as regular Census Bureau employees.
- Daily management, analysis, and troubleshooting of 9000+ Lotus Notes 6.5.2 mail files/users; Monthly server maintenance on 49 Domino 6.5.5 Hub, Mail, SMTP, Application, Quickplace, Sametime, VoiceMail, Archive, and Development servers; Daily monitoring of critical server tasks, analysis & problem resolution of misc. events log files, data drive disk space, clubusy.nsf for replication conflicts, statrep.nsf for errors, mail.box\'s for dead mail, replication events cluster replication, troubleshoot mail file rules & purge rules, replace design of improper mail templates; Troubleshoot & resolve server crashes, open PMR”s with Lotus, including submitting NSD files for analysis; Upgraded the Bureau’s internal email antivirus system from TrendMicro ScanMail for Lotus Notes 2.6 to TrendMicro ScanMail for Domino 3.0, including TrendMicro Add-On Agent; Service packs and patches, on Hub, Mail, Archive, SMTP/MTA, and Quickplace Servers; Replaced design of mail template on 24 servers; Installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.0 on client machines, and synchronized Notes 6.5.2 Client with users handheld devices; Rebuilt Notes Archive Server using Remote Desktop Connection; Create online scheduled server archiving for select users, troubleshoot mail archiving, including synchronizing documents and rebuilding archive profiles; Created Mail-in DB for collecting diagnostic files, as a repository for Automatic Diagnostic Data Collection (ADC) Tool, corresponding MIDB document, modified server diagnostic configuration settings, and forced server crashes in the lab; Run Cluster Analysis showing primary mail files without corresponding cluster replicas, and replica id’s that do not match; Secondary responsibility for BigSky Remark Messaging/Voicemail Servers and Account Requests; Secondary responsibility for Trend Micro ScanMail software on Notes Servers; Secondary responsibility for Monthly Server & Mail Reports to management; Secondary responsibility for Quickplace Servers, including unregistering places in Place Catalog, renaming directories, registering and unlocking new place names in Place Catalog using qptool command; Use Remedy to document issues.
(7 Month On-Site Assignment)
- Resolve outstanding Notes tickets/issues for 5,000+ Notes users; Resolved @ 30 to 50 tickets daily; Register, rename, recertify, & delete users; Move users to new certifier & new mail servers; Modify person docs, troubleshoot mail routing, database access issues, out of office agents, modify location docs, create mail-in databases, ACL / Mail / & Multi-Purpose Notes Groups; Resolve Calendaring & Scheduling issues, create Group Calendars; Use ServerAdmin Plus to audit Notes multi-purpose Group security and ACL lookups; Created private view on local copy of NAB showing sortable Format Preference for Incoming Mail and Full Name columns for each user; Move primary mail files on AS/400 to mail archive directory as part of user deletion process; Using Domino Designer, modify database form fields per user request; Research & document notes.ini parameters & server doc settings for approximately 20 mail, hub, application, web, fax & test servers; Issue Sametime licenses to new users, send URL to users to download Sametime to desktop with instructions on creating Sametime password; Troubleshoot Sametime Meeting connectivity issues due to WinXP SP2 upgrades on client machines.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: May 2004 - November 2004
(First On-Site Assignment: 7 Months)
- SSS (Special Sworn Status) Individual: Contract employee hired to assist the Census Bureau on work authorized by Title 13, subject to same confidentiality requirements as regular Census Bureau employees.
- Provide daily monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting & management of 4000 Lotus Notes users; Generate monthly Notes Mail, Application Server Availability & Notes Mail Traffic reports; Create Event Generators/Handlers and SNMP traps to allow HP Openview monitoring of Domino Servers; Modify Notes.ini file to add QuerySet Handler, Event Interceptor, & Collect tasks to support SNMP Queries, Traps, & Domino Statistic Threshold Traps; Increased mail file quotas for 4000+ users and Mail-In Databases; Discovered & resolved issue of 75 mail files missing template, & protected user created folders against design changes, while replacing the mail template; Move/View/Rebuild subdirectories on 40 servers to data volume to accommodate view rebuild disk space issues and modified notes.ini settings parameter on server config document to change subdirectories path; Created incident reports relating to system outages & Change Control documentation for changes to be implemented; Installed/Configured TrendMicro Scanmail on Quickplace servers; Test debugging parameters on Notes Lab Mail Server to troubleshoot server issues.
- Administering IBM Lotus QuickPlace 3
- Administering the Lotus Domino R6 Environment: Operating Fundamentals
- Administering the Lotus Domino R6 Environment: Building the Infrastructure
- Administering the Lotus Domino R6 Environment: Managing Servers and Users
- Implementing a Domino Infrastructure (R5)
- Deploying Domino Applications (R5)
- Maintaining a Domino Server Infrastructure (R5)
- Maintaining a Domino User (R5)
- Domino System Administrator Update Course for Lotus Notes 5.0
- Lotus Help Desk Support for Notes 5.0
- Lotus Notes R4.5 System Administration 1 Course