- IT Professional with 9+ years of experience in Windows and VMware Administration with a primary focus on installation, configuration, and administration of VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi 6.0,5.5, and 5.0 VMware Virtualization, VMware Vcenter 6.0,5.5 and 5.0Windows servers (2003,08, 12), Citrix 7.6 version(XenApp).
- Experience in implementing and administering VMware vSphere Permissions, HA settings, DRS settings, FT settings, Cluster groups, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, Licensing, Templates, ThinApp and Networking.
- Extensive experience with Windows Servers on single or multi domain platforms.
- Experience in updating / upgrading ESXi servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manual upgrades for Patching.
- Strong knowledge and experience on VMware ESXi 5.X, 4.X, and VMware vSphere5 features SMP, Storage DRS, profile driven storage, auto deploy and vSwitch design.
- Proficiency in usingV Sphere, vCloud Suite /vRealize suite - vRealize Operations Manager (vRops), Log Insight, vRealize Orchestration(vRO), and vRealize Automation (vRA/ vCAC), VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN)
- Administration and Architect of public and private cloud platforms.
- End to End Implementation of VMware vCloudsuite based Private Cloud on VBlock Platform.
- Experience in Cisco UCS /HP C7000 blades administration and troubleshooting, Writing PowerShell Scripts.
- Experience with VMware SRM 5.0/4.5, View … and vShield 5.0 setup in the production environment.
- Worked with different Storage Vendors EMC, Netapp, Hitachi and worked on configuring SAN using Multipath and Power path and experience in DAS, NAS, SAN technologies.
- Experience with Active Directory Administration, Disaster Recovery Planning, Remote Access, Office Products, Routers, Switches and Backup devices.
- Experience on AD, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Exchange, Windows clustering and ODBC connections.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, NAT, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Mail Server in Windows based server environment.
- Good knowledge and working on VCE about Vblock, VxBlock, VxRack and VxRail products
- Experience in Private Cloud and Public Cloud (Iaas) in AWS, VMware and Azure Cloud.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of ESXi VMOTION, SVMOTION, VM Lab Manager and Orchestrator.
- Experience in the V2V and P2V migration using VMware Standalone Converter or Plate Spin.
- Experience with SQL 2008, 2005 and 2000 server.
- Connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper-V servers.
- Experience in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Center Operations Manager. (SCOM).
- Experienced in Configuring FC, SAN, VMFS, iSCSI SAN and NAS Storage with Different Vendors like EMC, NetApp.
- Experience in Designing and Implementing VMware Horizon View (VDI) for Linked clone technology using view composer.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining vCenter/ vRealize Operations Manager (VCOPS/VROPS).
- Knowledge about how to implement VMware vRealize Orchestration (VRO), VMware vRealize Automation(VRA) and creating workflows in VRO.
- Experience in managing Cisco UCS servers using Cisco UCS manager to ensure all the alerts were addressed.
- Experience in handling hardware manufactured by Cisco, IBM, Dell, HP, EMC and NetApp.
- Knowledge of maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Strong knowledge on Citrix Presentation/XenApp server.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, WINS, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Server.
- Good understanding of windows and VMware server automation using scripting language PowerShell, and Power CLI.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical skills in software, hardware and networking which help me to quickly identify and resolve issues.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 servers, SBS 2008, RHEL6, SUSE Linux, CentOS 6.0, HP UNIX, Windows XP, 7,8.1 and Mac (Mavericks)
VMware: Vsphere 4.5/5.0/5.5, VMware ESX and ESXi, VCenter server 5.0, orchestrator, VMware ESX Server 5.0/4.0/3.5/3, vSphere 5.0/4.0, VI3, vCenter/ Virtual Center Server 4.1/4.0/2.5/2.0, Storage VMotion, HA, DRS, DPM, FT, SRM 4.0, Host Profiles, vApp, VMware Consolidated Backup, VMware Management Assistant, VMware vSphere Client, VMware View 4, VMware Thinapp, Events and Alerts, Capacity Planning, Plate-spin Power Convert, SV Motion, VMware Converter 5/4/3 Converter enterprise, VMware Update Manager, Power CLI, VMware Workstation8.0/10.0.
Microsoft: SQL Server 2005/2008R2, MS Active Directory 2003/2008, DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Microsoft Internet IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5 WSS3.0, MOSS 2007, WSUS 3.0, Hyper-V 2012, SMS 2003, SCOM, 2007/ 2012 SCCM 2012, MS VMM, PowerShell scripting.
Monitoring Tools: VCop, vFoglite, ESXTOP, Wireshark, WhatsupGold, Cisco Network Assistant, Procmon, PRTG, Manage Engine service desk HP Onboard Administrator, HP Virtual Connect Manager, Avocet DS View, Putty, MKS Integrity Change Management Software, Groundwork s VI Monitoring Tool, Vkernal Monitoring Software, Microsoft Robocop GUI, Solar Winds IP Address Tracker, Veeam Backup-FastSCP.
Storage: NetApp FAS series, EMC Clarrion, Vmax, Free NAS, Open filer
Programming Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML, T-SQL
Confidential, New Jersey, NJ
VMware/ Windows Administrator
- Work with hardware and software vendors to isolate and resolve issues that require escalation.
- Managing/Configuring HP Server Hardware (DL360, DL380, DL580)
- Setup and configure VMware ESX host servers as well as maintain and monitor guest servers using VMware tools to manage the virtual environment.
- Configure LUN's, fiber network in support of EMC/HP Left Hand storage environment.
- Install and configure SRM and Zerto Site replication.
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory forests, domains and trusts to include sites, roles and replication.
- Tests and deploys software updates and security patches to servers and Workstations.
- Create, manage and maintain Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Preferences.
- Installs, configures, updates, and maintains Microsoft Windows servers in a large, complex environment with some autonomy,
- Provide tools and procedures for resources provisioning.
- Document the process and procedures.
- Propose VMs provisioning solutions to be analyzed and/or implemented.
- VMware Esxi 5.1 design, setup installation configuration and Administration.
- VMware Virtual Center Administration.
- Upgrading the VMware environment to the latest version.
- VMware HA, DRS, FT, vDS, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and VM monitoring allowing our clients to benefit from simplified disaster recovery and ongoing monitoring of the virtual infrastructure.
- Installation and Managing VMware View 5.0 Setup
- Configure and maintain Desktop pools.
- Creating linked clone desktop using snapshots.
- Performance and capacity planning for vCenter environment using VOps.
- Working closely with project management and Architect team.
- Manage Cisco UCS Infrastructure.
- Upgrade UCS Firmware, Install New blades and chassis (Both B-Series and C-Series Servers).
- Monitor system capacity (CPU, memory, ports, disk space, etc.) and takes appropriate action to report and correct any issues
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly enterprise backups and restores using CommVault. Uses the ticketing system to document requests, incidents and changes to keep track of work, issues and resolutions
- Troubleshoot basic network related issues and work alongside network engineers to resolve network related issues.
- Conducts gap analyses as needed, and provides results and recommendations to management for review
- Insure team documentation is accurate and maintained Researches, identifies, and analyzes trends of utilization and errors
Environment: vSphere 5.1, 5.5, Desktop Virtualization (VDI), Vapp, VApp Template, VCOPS, VSAN, Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Provide consultation, design, implement services for the Datacenter and IT Infrastructure.
- Design, install, and maintain VMware vSphere including ESXi servers, HA. DRS, vMotion and vCenter.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of Virtualization (vSphere 4.1\5.1\5.5) Infrastructure.
- Creating and maintaining the server templates up-to date. Performing Virtual machine builds and P2V (Physical-to-Virtual) conversions.
- Build, support Windows and Linux OS.
- Performance monitoring of VM’S & ESXi Servers using vCenter and other monitoring tools.
- Involved in both the types of migrations - Hot migration and Cold migration depending on the priority and severity of the server.
- Install, configure, support, and troubleshoot Dell/EMC VxRail.
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VxFS), Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Clustering with SAN, NAS environment.
- MacAfee application whitelisting the server knowledge of end-to-end stacks of Dell/EMC VxRail product, vSAN, Software defined Network NSX
- Extensive experience in managing vBlock using native element managers including vCenter, UCS, UIM, Unisphere, Cisco Nexus CLI and fabric manager.
- Responsible in working with Patch management for acquiring the patches and pushing them to the systems.
- Per the specifications has performed patch management i.e. installing patches uniformly and automatically.
- Using Update Manager for upgrading ESXi versions or applying ESXi OS hotfixes, patches.
- Enabling VMware features like vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Configuring Virtual Distributed & Standard Switch.
- Cisco UCS - Configure, troubleshoot, service profiles, VLAN management, blade/OS installation.
- Hands-on experience with Dell, HP, Cisco Blades/Rack Server hardware.
- Touch based with and gained some Understanding and Knowledge Vblock and components and experience.
- Performed patch analysis, patch deployment, post-provisioning (installing SEP, Splunk, NetBackup etc.) of over 800 Windows servers.
- Backup, Restore, Archive Virtual Machines using CommVault Simpana.
- Ensuring the server builds follow Security Audit guidelines.
- Implemented DR solutions using vCenter Site Recovery Manager, EMC Replication Manager.
- SAN Administration: DAE Cascading, Zoning, Installing Hard Drives, Dry Run Test, Install vendor proprietary software packages (Unisphere, Replication Manager), LUN Management and Host Mapping.
- Maintaining and troubleshoot windows server’s windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 versions and configuring them for Solar Wind monitoring and Symantec NetBackup.
- Worked on the converged infrastructure VBlock and handled VMware, Compute, Network and storage components of it.
- Used PowerShell to automate the tasks and schedule backup, maintenance jobs.
- Performed root cause analysis and taken necessary actions for permanent fix.
- Handled the operations as per defined best practices. Performed Capacity Management functions.
- Collaborated with Storage / Network / Data Center / Facilities / Audit / Compliance and PMO teams.
- Involved in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing Did project planning, documentation and reporting.
- Mentoring/Training system engineers and support teams.
Environment: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 R2, AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Citrix, Linux, VMware ESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0, VMware vSphere client, VMware vCenter, HP ProLiant BL460C & BL620C Blade Server series, HP ProLiant DL 380/385/580/585. HP C3000\C7000 Blade Chassis.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
VMware and Windows Administrator
- Management of VMware vCloud infrastructure hosted using VCD 5.1 and 5.5.
- Installed and Administered VM's across 4 Datacenters Running 1200 VM's.
- Installed ESXi 5.X in large environment on Cisco UCS on both protected and recovery sites.
- Administered VMware ESXi Servers on HP C7000/Cisco UCS Blade Server Environment.
- Configured and managed View 5 Desktop Virtualization (VDI).
- Managed900 virtual desktop infrastructure and application virtualization.
- Implemented and designed cloud solution based on VMware VCloud Director for users.
- Deployed an automated provisioning workflow using VCOPS and checking performance of whole infrastructure.
- Provisioned ESXi Clusters and Infrastructure services across VBlock platform using EMC Unified Infrastructure Manager and its integration with vCloud Director.
- Implemented VBlock 320, VBlock 720 infrastructure, identified migration candidates and established the new Virtual infrastructure utilizing VMware vSphere suite 5.5 bundled with ESX hosts, vCenter Servers
- VMAX and VNX storage system Implementation and administration in VMware environment.
- VM migration across cluster level using v2v, Mount files option and SCP.
- Managed snapshots, clones, templates during patch releases and new server deployments.
- Created templates for users, application servers for faster VM deployments.
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager.
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS, FT in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure
- Created thin provisioned VMs as per client application requirements and expanding Hard Disk sizes as requested.
- ThinApp Packages, Applications Upgrades and deployment testing and Production Implementation.
- P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Converter.
- Designed and implemented ThinApp environment.
- Managed Windows 2008 Active Directory Domain Administration and configuration of DNS/DHCP services
- Application virtualization using VMware ThinApp 4.6 &4.7 versions.
- Building of new vSphere environments in the new Datacenters and perform V2V migrations from old VMware farms.
- Experience using VEEAM backup tool and INFLOBOX for network management.
- Run Service Improvement Plans for effective management of the VMware infrastructure.
- Management of VMware infrastructure using vCenter Operations Manager.
Environment: vSphere 5.1, 5.5 vCloud Manger 5.1, 5.5, Desktop Virtualization (VDI), Vapp, VApp Template, vCloud Director (vCD), VCOPS, VSAN, Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Confidential, N White Plains, NY
- Experience with installing, configuring and maintaining ESX Servers (ESX3.5/ESXi 4.0/ESXi 4.1 and VMware ESX 5.1) and Server migrations from physical to Virtual using Hot and cold cloning technology in VMware.
- Determining customer requirements and designing VMware-based solutions architectures spanning VMware's product portfolio from the vCloud Suite to the Horizon Suite to meet the functional and business requirements of a range clients of various sizes and across verticals.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware VSphere4, ESX 3.5 and ESXi Server, VMware Horizon View.
- Designing, configuring, and administering LAN and WAN connectivity on Cisco hardware.
- Configured and managed Cisco network hardware servicing the corporate LAN and 40+ remote point-of-sale offices.
- Configured and deployed Cisco UCS computing clusters with VMware ESXi 5 and vCenter 5.
- Configured and deployed Cisco 1000v virtual switch module within vCenter infrastructure.
- Monitoring and maintenance of Vcenter sever heartbeat.
- Providing and maintaining user access in Vcenter, configuring mail alert for any failure in HA, DRS.
- Installing and Configuring VMware vCenter Orchestrator.
- Design, configure, and support Enterprise Desktop Virtualization Technologies.
- Management & Troubleshooting of VM Environment for Desktops.
- Patch management using VMware update manager for ESX server.
- SAN space allocation for ESX servers host Scanning and configuring LUN for ESX server.
- Configured multiple static and dynamic IP addresses for forward and dynamic routing.
- Provided support in activities such as Load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Inventory and health management using insight manager.
- Involving in maintaining and updating Active directory, GPOs, Global Groups and Resultant set of Policy for authentication.
Environment: Horizon View 7.0, VMware Horizon 6.2/5.3, VMware App Volumes, VSphere Suite 5.1 and 5.5, ESXi 5.1 and 5.5, Virtual Center 5.1 and 5.5, ThinApp 5.0 Cloud, VShield, Trend Micro AV, View Persona, SASGrid, RHEL Linux, Cisco vDS, VCAC, VCO, VMware Converter, Comvault, RSA Secure ID, SCCM, SCOM, Service Now, Data Domain.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Perform regular maintenance of Windows Server 2008R2/2012 & 2003 and Supported VMware ESXi 5.5 &6.0 infrastructure for production/non-production environments including HA/DRS Clustering.
- Installation, Configuring, Deploying, Trouble shooting, administration and maintenance of VMware view Composer, View Connection Manager and Wyse manager to make VMware View (VDI Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 4.5/5.2) efficient and simplifies desktop administrative management tasks
- Set up production VDI environment, includes ESXI clusters, Security Server and Connection Manager Servers.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of application s utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services, and ARM, focusing on high-availability, Disaster Recovery, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- I have worked on Cisco Nexus 1000V which runs as a part of the VMware ESX or ESXi kernel and replaces the virtual switch.
- Identified and developed automation for routine infrastructure tasks, notably, auto scaling virtual machines using vRealize operations, vRealize orchestrator and powerCLI.
- Experience in managing SQL database server 2008, 2012.
- Monitor and maintain VDI Systems Health Status & Work with Desktop Enterprise groups in resolving VDIrelated issues & performing other tasks as assigned by Client Manager.
- Support in Administration of RHEL, Centos and Ubuntu which includes installation, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Installed ESX and ESXi servers on HP and DELL hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery services, Involved in Disaster recovery solution for VMware vSphere Environment, vSphere Linked Mode and Replicated Storage, Failback Testing from Protected Site to Recovery Site in SRM and Shared Recovery Site across multiple Protected Sites
- Build 200+ VMware vSphere hosts and added to new/existing VMware Clusters. vSphere6.0 configuration: vCenter 6.0, ESXi 6.0 cluster setup and configuring VMware vSphere Distributed services (vMotion; Storage vMotion; DRS; HA; FT)
- Performed P2V and V2V migrations using VMware Converter.
Environment: Windows (2008/12), vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, HA, DRS, Plate Spin Converter, VMware Clusters, SAN, Horizon View (4.5/5.2), vRA, vRO vCOPS/vROPS, Share Point, EMC, vBlock, SRM, SCCM, HP ProLiant servers.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Windows Engineer/ Administrator
- VMware ESX 4.0 & 5.0 Host Server Installation, Configuration & Maintenance, VSphere Suite with P2P and P2V, Virtual Machines Installation, Configuration & Maintenance.
- Managed separate VMware clusters like QA, Development and Production.
- Worked on ESX and VM storage issues and coordinated with the storage admin team.
- Extensively worked on VMware Update Manger for Host upgrades and patches.
- Configuring High Availability (HA) and Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Creation of template
- Worked on Disaster Recovery Exercises for DR Plan for Production Servers.
- Deploying virtual servers using template and cloning of virtual server.
- Providing and maintaining user access in vCenter server and maintenance of vCenter server.
- Configuration and Maintenance of Microsoft Windows cluster Servers.
- Involved in creating vSwitches and created different ports groups for different purposes.
- Installed and configure & maintenance of Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012 Servers with Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP.
- Disk space increase using VMware converter and importing of virtual server using VMware converter.
- Monitored and managed performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines.
- Install applications, applied patches, and software updates for Windows and UNIX/Linux servers
- Create virtual switches and port groups, configure virtual networking settings for redundancy by teaming up NICs, and configure network traffic, security and load balancing policies.
- Designed and Implemented Microsoft Active Directory.
- Created RHEL and Windows Virtual Machines as per the business requirements.
- Installed and Implemented VMware ESXI 5.0 host server with vSphere client. Configured HBAs and ISCSI San storage
- Planning and implementing Backup and Recovery procedures (Hot, Cold Backups and RMAN), scheduling daily backups and performed periodic recovery tests.
- Involved in the creation of Test Cases, Tests Execution, logging and reporting Defects.
- Performed LUN management, metaluns, RAID groups, storage groups
- Developed technical notes and user guides for new software installations for end users.
Environment: Windows Servers, DNS Server, DHCP Server, HP SIM, Active Directory, ESX & ESXI Server, HA, DRS, vMotion, P2V Migration, FC-SAN, iSCSI, Update Manager.