Talented network engineer with and over 16 years of progressively responsible IT experience. Expertise includes Confidential router, Switch, and Firewall Design, configurations and troubleshooting.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE:
Specialized Software: CiscoACS, Confidential CallManager, SolarWinds
Operating Systems: Confidential IOS, Confidential ASA, Confidential PIX
Hardware/Equipment: Confidential 6500 Series, 7200 Series, 3550 Series, 3560 Series, 4000 Series, 3750 Series, 2900 Series, 2800 Series, 1900 Series, PIX 515, ASA 5510
Protocols: RIPv1, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BPG, T1/T3, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM, SONET, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.5, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.1p, Spanning Tree, VTP, ISL, H.323, MGCP, SCCP, SIP
- Escalation engineer
- Develop router/switch configurations for team
- Provide network training
- Migrate Fedex locations to new Confidential hardware
Senior Network Engineer Consultant, Pittsburgh, PA
- Major campus network redesign for redundant links via BGP and OSPF.
- Consultant engineer responsible for supporting routing, switching, documentation, policy and procedure writing.
- Installation and configuration of new Confidential 6509 cores.
- Installation and configuration of new Confidential 5520 firewalls.
- Installation and configuration changes on Confidential Pix 525’s running 6.3
- Installation and configuration changes on WCS and WLC. Confidential 7510 Wireless controllers and 3700 series access points and other controllers and access points.
- Multiple WAN migrations to the Confidential Global MPLS network.
- Daily LAN/Firewall, switching and routing support. VLAN’s, SVI’s, Confidential on Confidential 6500's, 3850’s, 3750's, pix 525's, Confidential 5520, 3560's and more. IOS and CatOS.
- Deployed a large - scale implementation of Solarwinds to monitor and report on network devices, and to report and save router/switch configurations.
- Configuration changes on Websense and Packeteer devices.
- Configuration changes on Confidential Contivity VPN server.
- Configuration changes on Confidential switches
- Migration of all the Confidential scopes to cloud Confidential services.
Delivery Engineer 1 - Network Engineer, Pittsburgh, PA
- Consultant engineer responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting a multi-campus environment with a collapsed core design entailing many access layer closets connection to Confidential core Confidential 6500 switches using fiber trunks
- Team lead for configuring Confidential Multilink connecting a Confidential 7206 to multiple 2851 client routers
- Configure and maintain SolarWinds Orion to monitor network
- Performed IOS upgrades on Confidential 3750 switches
- Performed configuration changes on Confidential 6500 and 3750 switches as needed
- Performed layer 2 configurations including VTP, RSTP, and Confidential,
- Team member involved with deployment of a new Call Center using CCM 5.1, UCCX, and Confidential 7960 phones
- Performed maintenance on a wireless network that used WCS management, AP1242 LWAPP, and WISM modules
- Worked with Confidential TAC on equipment hardware and IOS configurations as needed.
Network Analyst, Troy, MI
- Responsible for configurations and IOS upgrades on all the core Confidential 7206, 3800, 2800 routers and HP switches
- Configured and maintained SSLVPNS, pix and Confidential firewall configurations for the primary and Disaster recovery site
- Performed IOS upgrades on Confidential 25xx, 1720-1721, 1841, 26XX, 7206 routers and 3550 switches
- Configured QoS using MQS, Classified traffic using NBAR
- Configured, supported and troubleshoot network running BGP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Converted client Frame circuits to Confidential ’s MPLS network. Staged new Confidential 1841 routers and shipped them to the client to facilitate this project
- Installed, configured and maintained Confidential ACS servers at both primary and DR locations
- Designed and documented Disaster Recovery procedures
- Tracked and monitored over 515 remote client sites for trend analysis and circuit outage notification. I deployed a Linux server running Nagios for this task. I installed and modified Expect scripts to gather Confidential router configurations on a weekly basic and to make changes and gather information using SNMP as needed
- Deployed Opmanage to monitor Servers, routers and circuits
- Manage LAN/WAN installation/configuration/support for Credit Unions with as many as 1,500 users
- Provided support to second level technicians for customer support on Network and Windows OS related issues
- Development and deployment of remote access for the internal staff using RSA tokens, ACS server running Radius, and an Aventail appliance performing NAC.