- Around 8Years of experience as System Analyst & DevOps Eng in Information Technology with UNIX and Middleware Engineering, Design, Build and Operational support for Infrastructure Management.
- Experience in installing, administering and supporting Red Hat Linux EL 4, 5, 6.x, AS 2.1, 3 SUSE EL 9, 10 and vSphere 4.0, 5.0
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Experience with and thorough understanding of automated implementation/deployment of a cloud based infrastructure (Web apps, Application Service Environments, firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, AD, DNS etc.)
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case and Perforce.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Hudson, Docker, TeamCity and Buildforge for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Maintenance of Splunk Environment with multiple Indexers.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Worked on Report Creation from TFS using SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel Reporting from Work.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS and NoSQL such as Oracle, MYSQL, Dynamo DB, Mango DB and PostgreSQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked with Engineers, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Centre and IBM Clear Quest.
- Have very strong expertise knowledge and experience with PowerShell, Perl and Groovy scripting in automating many Jenkins, UrbanCode Deploy activities with cloud foundry.
- Experience in developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment
- Expertize in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Microsoft.
Programming Languages:, C, C++.
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby,, Shell, Bash, Powershell.
Version Control Systems: GIT, Codecommit, Bit bucket, SVN, Tortoise.
Build Tools: Apache ANT, Apache MAVEN, cobbler.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Docker, BuildForge.
Virtualization Environments: VMWare, Virtual box.
Virtualization: Cloud Foundry, Amazon AWS/EC2, Vagrant.
Testing Tools: Vagrant, Kitchen, FoodCritic, Server spec, Rubo cup.
Cloud Services: AWS, Openstack, Microsoft Azure.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Dynamo DB, Mango DB, PostgreSQL.
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Sacramento, Ca
Sr Systems Analyst/ Devops Engineer
Environment: Redhat, Hp Unix, Veritas Volume Manager, SAN, Samba, NFS, VMware ESX, Apache, Tomcat and Jboss, DELL R620/PowerEdge 2950 Veritas Cluster, WebSphere servers, and SAN storage, HP C7000, HPSA, SUSE Manager, VMware, Cloud Foundry, Redhat Cloud Forms. AWS EC2, Route 53, Dynamo DB, Chef, Zabbix, Python, Git, Apache, Jenkins, SPLUNK.
- Creating volume groups, Logical volumes and extending them using LVM.
- Performing regular backups, maintaining, configuring, regular patching and support for 2400+ servers.
- Working with ap Configuration manager on RHEL6,7/centos servers.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD systems . Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications and chef Recipes.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc with Opscode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Worked on Version controller like GIT and integration tools: Jenkins andExperience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, Ansible).
- Written and modified various Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests for automation and deployment of systems.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Worked on migration from Datacenter to AWS.
- Using amazon Cloud Formation service to create and delete stacks, etc.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux) and configuring servers for specific applications.
- Have experience in pushing UrbanCode Deploy applications to Cloud Foundry.
- Automated activities like ACL package, general shares for many batch shares, IIS web config details, etc.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed and configured multimode Hadoop clusters and perform troubleshooting and monitoring of Hadoop clusters
- Worked on performance tuning of Hadoop jobs by applying techniques such as mapsidejoins, partitioning, bucketing and using different file formats such as sequence file parquette, RC file, map file.
- Install, Configure, and Maintain Oracle VM Manager and Guest VM’s
- Import Virtual Machine images and ISO files using Oracle VM Manager
- Create and use Oracle VM Templates, Shared Virtual Disks, Storage Pools, and Shared Repositories.
- Provides database administration to SQL Server databases running on Microsoft Windows Server.
- Installs configures and maintains SQL Server database application with required patches and updates.
- Manages database security and user permissions and privileges in accordance with application/database requirements.
- Migrated few physical servers to cloud based service azure.
- Participates in meetings with Solution Delivery Service staff and stakeholders.
- Works with other database administrators to ensure optimal efficiency and optimization of databases server clusters.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Artifactory repository.
- Installed and Configured the Artifactory repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Configured, Monitored and worked on alerts send by Nagios on various issues related to server availability, disk usage, CPU, Processor loads, processes, System Logs, etc.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Used Apache Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins Continuous Integration Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, and integrating these tools with other systems.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Estimation, Development and testing of the assigned tasks in OpenStack.
- Managed hardware, software, and networking for a large scale OpenStack cluster.
- Implemented and Enhanced the Existing Scripts which are developed in Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python.
- Installing and configuring default and third-party packages on Solaris 10 and RHEL Linux servers using YUM and RPM utilities.
- Performed routine system upgrades on RHEL6,7/centos systems.
- Configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SSH, CIFS and SAMBA on Multiplatform (Solaris 10 and RHEL/centos).
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS in Linux and also implemented Samba for sharing of resources between Linux and Windows environments.
- Enabled Security Socket Layer (SSL) by requesting and generating digital certificates for implementation of HTTPS between Plug-in and Application Server.
- Perform Monitoring and Log Management on Unix Solaris 10 and RHEL Centos servers; including Processes, crash dumps and, swap management, with password recovery and performance tuning.
Confidential, Chicago, IL.
Sr Systems Administrator/ Devops Engineer
Environment: Redhat, CENTOS, Oracle, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, AIX, Windows Server, XP, VIOS. IBM Blade Servers, DNS,NFS,SMTP, Web server Apache 1.3x, Application server Jboss, Sun Solaris 10, SunFire, VMware, vSphere, Puppet, DevOps, ElasticSearch, EC2, ELB, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Chef, AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, Docker, Wercker, Apache, Nagios, MySQL, Logstash, BIND, Python.
- Administration of over 3500 RHEL 5.x/6.x servers which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual servers
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc with Opscode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Worked on installation and configuration of DevOps Automation Tool Puppet.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Handling cloud during maintenance/Website deployment on Prod servers through puppet.
- Hands-on implementation of end to end automation for continuous build, release and deployment.
- Configure and build Open stack Havana, Icehouse using Ansible and Puppet scripts.
- Designed and implemented OpenStack Cinder to provide block storage.
- Handling RHEL5 for OS issues like space, memory, logging and other configuration changes.
- Developing and implementing backup and disaster recovery protocols.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson Continuous Integration Tool.
- Providing Load balancing capability for the virtual infrastructure.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Openstack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife and automated by testing chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chefspec/serverspec
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Leveraged Docker Engine to run Multiple Tomcat Instances as Containerized AppServers
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Provided support for Azure Cloud servers environment for project Code Deployments and Oracle DB installations and maintenance.
- Design, plan, and set up applications and storage in a Unix/Linux and Windows NetApp SAN environment (disk layout, RAID levels, etc.) to ensure performance and data availability.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Wrote Python Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services & Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Working with the hardware vendors and application team for the faulty replacement and planning the downtimes accordingly.
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Administered VMs through vCenter Server 5.5, Using Templates to Provision VMs, vMotion Host-Host/ Datastore-Datastore, vDS, HA, DRS Configuration.
- Enabled IPv6 for vRealize Automation Entitlements/Blueprints/IaaS Components.
- Worked in Conjunction with ISP for DOCSIS 3.0 DHCPv6 Configuration for MAC of Modem to IPv6 by ISP Static Binding along with IPv6 for Management Address.
- Creating the file systems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager.
- Mounting & un-mounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
Confidential, Dallas, Tx.
Sr Systems Engineer/ Devops Engineer
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, MAVEN, PUPPET, TC Server, Tomcat, Shell/Perl Scripts, Linux, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
- Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL 5.x / 6.2, SuSE/AIX) Support team.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat, Cent OS, UBUNTU, SUSE, AIX and Windows servers.
- Installed and configured RedHat Satellite server for package transfer across servers, to store client's system profile and to control other servers in the network.
- Configured LVM and managed it.
- Experience with kick start installation on multiple servers.
- Worked with KVM Hypervisor to install, configure and maintain Red Hat Linux Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, Ansible).
- Created and scheduled Cron Jobs such as for Backup, System Monitoring and removed unnecessary files.
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in RedHat Linux that include upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multipathing and LVM file system
- Installed, configured, maintained and administered the network servers DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SENDMAIL.
- Worked with DBA's to install RDBMS database, restore and generate logs.
- Involved in adding new disks, formatting, partitioning, disk space allocation, monitoring system performance, system tuning, and crash recovery issues.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of NFS, FTP and Samba for file sharing.
- Built Linux servers using VMWare ESX and VMWare ESXi.
- Created Virtual disks/Virtual Target devices to allocate SAN Luns virtually to the VIO clients.
- Experience in creating Control channel, Shared Ethernet adapter and configuring them on the network.
- Set up repositories for Redhat, implemented YUM, SSH and other security tools.
- Application of Load Balancer in the Virtual Linux Server.
- Daily system monitoring using commands like vmstat, iostat, top, tcpdump, defrags and so on for efficient server operation.
- Package management like Install, remove and update and querying packages using RPM tool.
- Used Samba to print and share files in mixed Environment.
- Installed, configured, maintained, upgraded and troubleshooting EMC powerpath on Solaris 10 and Linux.
- Experience with installation of Tomcat and Apache Web Servers on Red Hat Production Servers.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls, diagnosed and resolved systems related tasks in accordance with priorities setup in dealing with trouble tickets.
- Installed, upgraded and managed packages as well as the dependencies through RPM.
- Patching and Package administration.
- Implemented RAID techniques and created disk groups and volumes using Veritas Volume manager.
- Maintained Load balancing, High availability, Failover functionality and Disaster recovery included changing of IP address of the web and app server machines, which caused change in virtual host and http transport configurations.
- Involved in extensive trouble shooting the issues by finding out root causes, analyzing core dumps and resolved system crashes.
- Experienced with user account, group account creation, management and allocation of quotas for users and groups as instructed.
- Provided 24/7 on call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Redhat and SuSE Linux.
Environment: Ubuntu Trust 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10, CentOS 6/7, Fedora 22, hLinux, Apache, Tomcat, Django Servers, SVN, Maven, JIRA, Perl, Ansible, Openstack, Chef, MySQL/PostgreSQL, KVM, Confluence.
- Installed RHEL 4.0/5.0 using kickstart and custom building the servers.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases
- Maintained source control (Branching Standard\ merging \ Labeling) in GIT
- Establish continuous build automation deployment via Jenkins
- Involved in backing up repository, creating folder and granting user access privileges
- Build scripts using ANT, NANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Coordinate Environment Provisioning with various stakeholders
- Trouble shoot and identify the root causes in the environment management tools
- Implementing process to gather the metrics. Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues and outages
- Troubleshooting experience on network related issues which included application like BIG IP/3DNS
- Worked on analyzing performance issues and thus migrated applications from physical servers to Virtual Machines which decreased cost to organization
- Install and configure monitor tools
- Deployed the applications on multiple Web logic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities
- Install and manage Tomcat, Apache Web servers
- Design, build, and releases of fully automated deployment solution
- Performed J2EE application deployment and administration including JAR, WAR, and EAR files
- Configured and deployed applications in various work environments like Development, System Test, QA and Production
- Provided support for teams in activities such as Load testing, troubleshooting
- Experience testing in Ruby on Rails. Also with RESTful Web Services
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Modernization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle, PowerBuilder, Toad, Windows 2003 Server, Java, Trend Micro Antivirus, Dell PowerEdge1300, 1500, Acer Server, Citrix, VOIP, WebEx, Puppet and Redhat Satellite server.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kick start based network installation.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Creation of Release Plan, Definition, collection, analysis & presentation of Release Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Presenting Project's Weekly status to Senior Management during Weekly Status Meetings.
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting.
- Installation of RHEL Linux 5/6 operating systems on HP and dell.
- Installed and Configured Redhat Linux Kickstart and booting from SAN.
- Rebuild of the both Linux (Redhat/SUSE/Ubuntu) OS when the servers are crashed, using the established profile settings.
- Annual Participation in Disaster Recovery (DR) and power down Activities.
- Experience in troubleshooting samba related issues.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Solved complex build/deployment processes throughout all phases of the SDLC Ensures that the release has been accepted by all parties.
- Created access permissions for checking and checkout for developers and control the access permission based on the developer's role and responsibility.
- Provide support for building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other LVM for other flavors of UNIX.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on SUN UNIX Servers.
- Responsible for the build and release management process.
- Responsible for Building and Releasing packages for testing.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Sub version control tools.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- Implemented ANT builds to automate JAR, WAR and EAR.