Seeking an employment opportunity in the field of Computer Networking and enterprise infrastructure with an organization offering challenging and diversified ability to learn and grow in the professional career. I am willing to work in any state in the USA and will be able to relocate easily.
OVERVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Network Engineer with 3+ years of strong hands on experience in planning, designing, implementing, troubleshooting and optimization of WAN/LAN technologies such as routing and switching with Cisco devices and firewalls in a support environment.
- Three plus years of Hands on experience on Configuring and Troubleshooting of high-end routers such as CISCO GSR 2600,7200, 12000 Series Routers, Catalyst 4500, 6500, 7600 switches.
- Implemented MPLS/VPN services for various customers; that include deployment of the test bed, developing test plans, execution of test cases, coordination with the vendor for bug identification and verification of bug fixes.
- Load Balancing using F5 Networks.
- Hands-on expertise on Layer 3 Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP and MPLS); Layer 2 (ATM/FRAME RELAY)protocols; IP services such as QOS; VPN technologies (IPSec & SSL).
- Experienced in configuring and managing of Cisco CSS, PIX & Firewalls and good understanding of ISA Server 2006.
- Expert knowledge of Redundancy Protocols: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP.
- Good understanding of network monitoring tools like SNMP, Cisco Works.
- Demonstrated quality testing skills while certifying Cisco IOS.
- Experienced on configuring VLANs Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) and VLAN Trunking protocol (VTP), Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP), Per VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST).
- Wide experience in Networking and Network Security by performing system administration analysis that includes installing/configuring proxies, DNS, IP addressing scheme & IP subnetting with VLSMand using different kind of network monitoring, packet sniffing, protocol analyzing and troubleshooting tools.
- Worked extensively in Designing, Implementing & Managing LAN, WLAN & WAN solutions for different client setups. Ability to Install, Manage & Troubleshoot Large Networks & Systems Administration on Windows & Linux platforms in Development, Staging, Lab & Production Environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical support abilities
- Establishing and Maintaining a strong team work environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) coursework # CSCO11775778
- CCNP Expected soon
NETWORKING / INFORMATION ASSURANCE (IA)
- Network Configurations:Switches and Routers configuration.
- Hardware:Cisco OSR, Catalyst 6500, 7600, 4500 routers.
- Firewalls and Sniffers:Cisco PIX, Check Point 2000,
Protocols and Technology:
MPLS, BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Multicast, static route, IP addressing, sub netting, VLSM, access lists, prefix lists, route maps, OSI and TCP/IP model.
- WAN Protocols: HDLC, PPP.
- WAN Technologies:ATM, FRAME RELAY.
- Layer 2 technology Experience:VLAN, VTP, ISL, dot1q, DTP, STP, MLPPP, Ether-channel.
- Layer 3 Switching:CEF, MLS, Ether channel.
- Redundancy Protocols:HSRP, VRRP, GLBP.
- Physical interfaces Experience:Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Sonet.
- Anti-Virus & Internet Security:MacAfee, Symantec, Trend-Micro & e-Trust.
- Solaris 9 & 10
- MAC OS X
- Windows XP - Vista Business
- Windows 2008
- Unix Shell Scripting, C, C Sharp,
- MS-Office 2003,
- MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio,
- MS Outlook and IE.
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Confidential,IndiaAug 2007 Jul 2008
Position: Sr.Network Engineer
- Perform network engineering, design, planning (WAN & LAN), & implementation.
- Study single point failures & design WAN structure in such a way that there are no failures in network in case of any device or link failure.
- Load Balancing using F5 Networks Big IP
- Implementing, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Convergence in Frame-Mode MPLS inside the core.
- Setting up VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches
- Installed and configured Routers, Bridges, Terminal Servers and CSU/DSU’s to support WAN links
- Redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configurations
- Implemented SNMP on Cisco routes to allow for network management
- Deployed and Configured QoS on LAN WAN. Strong knowledge of various routing protocols including RIPV2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP4
- Network Migration from RIP to OSPF
- Deployed a large-scale HSRP solution to improve the uptime of collocation customers, in the event a core router became unreachable
- Implementation of TCP/IP and related services DHCP/DNS
- Controlled and monitored UNIX Servers
- Documented all the work done by using Visio, Excel and MS word.
Confidential,India July 2006 Aug 2007
Position: Network Engineer
- Designed and implemented Frame-relay network with ISDN backup on Cisco 3662 Series routers
- Used protocol analyzers and tools in network analysis and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot ISDN lines, troubleshoot TCP/IP and IPX problems, and troubleshoot connectivity issues in multi protocol Ethernet
- Implemented Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router
- Designed and implemented security policies using ACL, PIX firewall
- Configured routing policy for BGP. Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk and 802.1Q on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches
- Responsible for system scanning, updating anti virus, Symantec Antivirus for Mac and updating Windows servers, Windows 2008, Windows Vista, XP servers.
- Designing and implementing Active Directory.
- Configured VPN for other remote office.
Confidential, IndiaNov 2005 July 2006
Position: Network Engineer
- Configured and implemented Remote Access Solution (VPN, ISDN dial up)
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, as well as debugging BGP routing problems.
- Designed, implemented and supported LAN and WAN.
- Identified the problems and remediate LAN and WAN.
- Permitted and added the users with the current use and deleted those users, which were already terminated.
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting: used protocol analysis tools to assess & pinpoint networking issues causing service disruption
- Implemented traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard and Extended access-list
- Implemented TCP/IP and related services like DHCP/DNS/WINS
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Made modifications in the system according to the change in the process flow/additions.
- Worked on DS3, T1, ISDN, and DSL.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Master of Science in Software Engineering