- Expert in the design, development and delivery of technology and communication solutions to meet challenging business demands.
- Experienced management in all facets of projects from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation, training and enhancement.
- Excellent organizational, budget management, leadership, team building and negotiation and skills.
Confidential,New York, NY January 2001 April 2010
Reporting to the CIO, managed IT and telephony operations for entire $60 million non-profit healthcare organization. Coordinated all IT functions including data-center management, vendor relationships, technical support, applications development, financial monitoring and disaster-recovery planning. Managed $10 million operating budget and direct activities of 5+ staff.
- Worked with program directors to analyze and document system workflows. Coordinated with clinical database vendor to improve functionality and user experience to help clinicians and staff enter client’s progress notes faster and more efficiently.
- Worked with in-house developers to create database for tracking and managing payments and vacancies in client off-site housing to help program directors, finance and real property track changes in client housing.
- Managed the implementation of electronic billing for Medicare/Medicaid and Private Insurance across all platforms and programs agency-wide.
- Designed network architecture that added redundant servers and increased bandwidth agency wide. Launched massive upgrade to agency’s infrastructure including upgrading network operating systems, email software and telephony systems.
- Managed the conversion of the IBM AIX operating system to Red Hat Linux 4 for clinical database application.
- Initiated Knowledge Repository and intranet web site to share best practices.
- Converted existing Novell based local area network to a windows based wide area network supporting all 50+ area treatment sites.
- Managed the Microsoft Active Directory and implemented and monitored the agency group policies. Designed, installed and managed deployment of Blackberry Server for all agency blackberry handheld devices.
- Overhauled entire agency’s technological infrastructure by upgrading to Exchange 2003/2007 email and installed high speed data connections agency wide.
- Working with network management vendors designed, installed and maintained agency’s firewall and internet content filtering appliances increasing productivity by blocking non-work related websites.
- Installed and maintain Microsoft Dynamics Financial Management Software to computerize and improve tracking of Purchase Orders through the Agency and to improve the Account Receivable and Payable functions of the Agency’s Finance Department.
- Installed and maintain ADP suite of Human Resources software including HR Perspective to manage staff benefits, training and recruitment and Etime which computerizes the accumulation and management of staff work hours and accrual of sick and vacation time.
- Installed 3 Com NBX Voice over IP phone system agency wide saving the agency $100 thousand in first 3 months of operations and continue to maintain phone system for monthly savings of $8000-$10,000 from 2003 until present.
- Designed, installed and maintained Helpstar Helpdesk Software for the tracking of outstanding systems issues. Cited by CEO for improving technical support response time by 60% in 2004-2010.
- Managed the disaster recover activities related to September 11, 2001 bombing of the World Trade Center. Main office and data center were relocated for lower Manhattan to downtown Brooklyn for 6 weeks.
Confidential,New York, NY December 1996 - January 2001
Managed the technical and telecom needs for the 3 Starwood Hotels of New York. Worked with staff and hotel guests in resolving any computer issues including setting up high-speed internet in meeting and guest rooms and coordinating with outside vendors for conferences and trade shows.
- Managed telecommunications aspects for IS Department, including supervising in house Nortel technicians, delivery of Verizon data and phone lines into the hotels meeting spaces.
- Coordinated phone and data needs for upcoming meetings between clients and hotel meeting staff. Installed, administered and maintained Xtend PBX Software, Nortel Symposium ACD Software and Espresso Facilities.
- Managed and coordinated telecom and data services for Morgan Stanley’s 1999 Global Leadership Conference effectively making the hotel a node on the network for a week so attendees could work as if they were at the desk in their office. Also coordinated all the needs for the Tech Expo being run as part of the Conference.
- Installed and managed the Exchange 5.5 Server and installed outlook on over 500 desktops and trained staff in the use of Microsoft email.
Confidential,New York, NY January 1991 - December 1996
Designed, programmed and maintained the reservations and front desk packages using business basic. Oversaw the implementation of the Aspect ACD for Central Reservations Call Center. Assisted and trained users with PC’s and hotel software.
- Recognized for improving response times in resolving computer issues for end users.
- Decreased reservation hold times and length of check in time by 30% company wide.
- Integrated the hotel sales software with Front Desk and Reservations packages to improve productivity.
BS Computer Science