- Over 20 + years of project management and engineering experience, for federal agencies, US military, and private industry initiatives. Extensive experience with a mix of IT initiatives that included infrastructure modernization, IT operational upgrades, and software development, providing in - depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts, including network enhancement design for medium and large-scale for voice and data communication networks. Roles include System Engineering, Network Architecture, Data Analyst and Security Analytics, integrating technology to provide an overall direction and definition to support engineering solutions and organizational strategies.
- Senior Network Engineer: Designed the Federal Student Aid transitional network for the migration of 54 financial applications to a new data center while maintain continuity of operations during transition. Play a leading role in Network Engineering, and Programmatic support of Network design and implementation, including Security and Firewall rule process, analysis of IP and protocol schema associated with devices to ports, protocols and VLAN structure to ensure IP addresses, port and protocols are; 1. Comply with Security Standards (i.e. NIST) and 2. Correctly accounted for and implemented in the firewall rules, to minimize the risk of a security breach and data communications loss within and between applications.
- Principal Systems Engineer: Preformed project management and engineering functions for a number of Confidential programs, providing support to the Confidential ATO Program offices (POs) aimed at improving the strategic intent, transforming the effectiveness, and the overall network design, of the Confidential ’s information technology capabilities and functions. Working with each PO to define and develop network solutions that supported the PO’s requirements and the Confidential ’s strategy within Enterprise Architectural Framework
- Oversaw the integration of over 40+ Surveillance, Terminal, Weather and Defense systems into National Aerospace System ( Confidential ). Worked with a staff of 6 engineers and 12 indirect reports to engineer, define and develop new capabilities to automate manual aeronautical information processes, increase Confidential compliance and to support future air traffic management capabilities with regulatory and industry best practice.
- Provided Project management leadership in successful turnaround of troubled program that saved a $17M strategic account with the Department of Homeland Security - ICE and captured a follow on $2.3 million contract award - reported to the VP; influenced buy-in for a rescue plan; organized the project team and hired key contractors; implemented agile processes; launched a communication plan that restored customer confidence.
- Senior Project Manager for ARMY National Guard ( Confidential ): State WAN Modernization. Managed five engineers, evaluating 50 state Confidential WAN infrastructures. Analyzed equipment and network protocol consistencies, return on investment, acquisition strategy, and compliance with standards, methodologies, and portfolio management.
- Played a pivotal role the engineering and development of a nationwide data communications network, Led an engineering division of 8 direct and 42 indirect reports comprised of Program Managers, Helpdesk, Solution Architects, Engineers and software development staff reported - to the VP; managed a $25M IT operating budget, accountable for planning, budget, infrastructure architecture, project governance and vendor management.
- IP sub-netting
- ACLs advanced routing protocols to include EIGRP and BGP
- GRE tunnels
- VLANs trunking
- DNS and VPNs firewalls radius authentication / configuration
- WAN and LAN architecture design development and diagramming
- VPN technologies routing protocols
- Type 1 Ethernet / SONET encryptions
- DoDiis WAN infrastructure and
- VMware Horizon
Senior Network Engineer
- Create network documentation, specifications, and schematics for LAN/WAN/MWAN and architectures
- Provides an expert-level view on the assigned technical discipline, serving the consultative needs of all areas of network and application topics.
- Provide Technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, and switches
- Perform a security analysis of Firewall rules and RAF’s, examining Firewall requests against Gov’t security specification and standards, while maintaining a CMDB, linking servers, VLAN’s applications, IP’s, ports and protocols.
- Document and maintain the FSA’s Wide Area Transitional Network Topology between ES and NTT, providing the FSA with an updated topology, including circuits that FSA currently owns and maintains, and future circuits that will be either eliminated, repurposed or purchase.
- Lead, Informational and professional session, workshops and briefings on proposed network solutions, project requirements reviews, conceptual modeling, discovery processes, technical design reviews, and project meetings in order to provide appropriate guidance that influences toward good business outcomes.
Senior Project Engineer
- Provide input, on business case and technical analysis on projects to executive management.
- Plan, organizes and controls assigned strategic projects from conceptual stages through product development life cycles.
- Balance scope, quality, effort, risk and timeline to achieve project deliverables.
- Ensure that deliverables created by the project team add value, contribute to the success of, and meet the stated goals of the project and Confidential Communications.
- Provide technical expertise in product development disciplines necessary to develop, design, evaluate, test, implement, operate, and maintain integrated Video, High Speed Data, and Telephone products, along with technologies such as client/server architecture, network architectures, web-based development, and database architectures.
- Oversee technical product development, participate in the design of test environments and operational support activities.
- Provide communications expertise (Cable, Telephone, Wireless and Internet/Data)
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Independent Consultant for a number of midsized to large companies for government and private industry.
- Roles include project management, and systems engineering assessments to manage, design, development, and integrate solutions, providing support for overall direction and definition to program solutions and objectives.
- Manage the architectural design and Installation of a ForeScout security platform.
- Plan and schedule, testing staging and configuration of ForeScout appliances.
- Arranged and participated in meetings, from the development of security policies and procedures to checkpoint meetings, tracking action items and risks.
- Review and edit deliverables (i.e. installation guide, testing plans)
- Developed and oversaw, burn rates, status reports, schedules, budgets, documents, and overall project organization to e nsure project deliverables are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Managed the migration and integration of commercial and government customers to IT Cloud Platform.
- Manage the network design and implementation of both production and test environments.
- Work with both Confidential and customer network engineers to design network connectivity between the customer and Verison’s Data Centers.
- Work with network engineers to set up VPN Tunnels, align firewall’s and port configurations between the customer routers, and Confidential ’s routers/load balancers.
- Once the connection is set up, IP traffic is monitor between customer and the test environment.
- Customer applications are tested and packets are monitored to ensure that no errors are generated on either end.
- Once the customer and Confidential determine and agree that the connection is error free connection is scheduled to be migrated to the production environment.
Principal Systems Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Manage 6 engineers, overseeing 40 + Confidential integration projects for Confidential ’s Telecommunication’s Infrastructure ( Confidential ). Preformed engineering analysis to solve complex routing schemes, using VPN, multicast, SOA, and data replication to rout data to specific destinations within the Confidential .
- Play a critical role in the investment planning & analysis decision, for several high profile programs, evaluating costs verses engineered solutions, considering Program Offices (POs) requirements alongside architectural and circuit designs, data flows, bandwidth, protocols, equipment and security requirements, providing the POs with the most cost efficient solution.
- Create briefing materials for Architectural Review Boards, IID and ICD; participate in & contribute to Technical Interchange/Requirements Meetings (TIMs)
- Experience and strong knowledge of IT networking, including protocols, messaging and preforming engineering analysis to solve complex network schemes and platforms.
- Reviewed and approved technical designs, approaches, performed evaluations, ensured technical standards compliance and assurance against: Confidential Standards, Quality and Security policies; consolidated, rationalized and modernized applications and network platforms
- Prepared and presented various briefings both technical and programmatic to senior management, and ensured compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards. Specifically created various reports, provided Work Plan Report, Bi Weekly and Monthly Status Reports. Prepared and presented Quarterly Program Management Review’s, as required.
- Engage and facilitate customers in multigenerational program planning and technology roadmaps that aligns to enterprise architecture, business objectives and strategy.
Program Manager/Senior Systems Engineer
- Used both the Agile and Software development Life Cycle (SDLC), providing a framework for the development and oversight of system requirements, requirements traceability matrix, system design, use-case scenarios, and testing.
- Provided oversights of the development, planned, scheduled tasks (MS project) and facilitated requirement gathering workshops, develop system requirements, provide a requirements traceability matrix, system design documentation and test plans.
- Reviewed specifications that detail functionality, technical performance, reliability, maintainability, and other critical system characteristics.
- Confirmed system performance by designing and writing a test plan, conducting tests, and deploying a prototype.
- Implemented an Earned Value Analysis for the planned and actual expenditures, integrating the project scope, schedule, and resource characteristics into a comprehensive biweekly report.
- Formulated & enforced work breakdown structure (WBS), Coordinated and monitored sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances
Senior Enterprise Architect
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Led an Enterprise Architecture ( Confidential ) program providing enterprise modernization strategy and planning, business process, IT infrastructure, applications and IT operations improvements of the Armed Forces Confidential .
- Led development of Enterprise Modernization roadmap. Mapped the As-Is, To-Be architecture of business processes, applications, IT infrastructure, conducted gap analysis to identify needed business transformations, supported business case planning for candidate initiatives by performing ROI & TCO modeling, COTS evaluations and capturing technical requirements
- Led efforts related to database schema designs and installation, tuning, troubleshooting, performance, and maintenance of a Confidential medical database
Project Engineer Manager/SME
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Primarily responsible for leading a team to evaluate and standardized network assets and technologies as part of an ongoing investments strategy, along with designs to offer converged solutions and technologies.
- Senior Consultant to District of Columbia implementing ITIL best practices into their IT organizational process, established and provided management oversight of IT Helpdesk for network and system administration operations. Established service desk procedures for incident reporting, managing resolution and staffed help desk. Reviewed and presented monthly SLA reports on service statistics,i.e., incident numbers, severity, reported channels, resolution times, historical trending, On-time, First-call resolution rates etc. providing efficiencies between help desk support to a tiered technical support structure. This in turned provided better customer response times to incidences and quicker identification problems.
- Engineering Consultant for Confidential in the Washington metro region. Conducted an operational analysis, and network assessment, developed “as-is” builds for nine head-ends (datacenters) and 75 optical transfer nodes, identifying gaps in power configurations, network infrastructure, HVAC supply and security. This analysis led to a more efficient network design of head-ends to optical transfer nodes.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- This effort entailed the design and development network and backbone infrastructure including 24 Points of Presents (POPs) or Data Centers to host equipment, to support the delivery of services.
- Led a development team to make changes to backend systems, that support the ordering, billing provisioning, and implementation of new products and services
- Led planning and establishment of datacenter co-location master service agreement and SLAs to host server and databases for high availability transaction intensive business application.