Trusted and respected IT professional with almost 20 years of progressive experience in Linux administration, report writing, script writing, and automation development. Deep experience with premier clients including Intel, Chase, NOAA, and the United States Government. Skilled in the creation of scripts to automate the discovery of targets in a virtual machine and code for self - healing of faulty applications. At home in fast-paced, rapidly changing environments. Comfortable and enthusiastic about learning new technologies. Experience in the administration and maintenance of 24x7 production environments.
Confidential Systems | Oracle Public Cloud (OPC) | Oracle Enterprise Manager | VB Script | Bash | Linux | MacOS | Windows Networking & Security | Reports & Dashboards | Systems Administration | File Systems | Permissions | Clustering Technologies | Oracle Databases | Exadata Database Machines | WebLogic | Oracle HTTP Server | Jenkins | Rally | ServiceNow | Confluence | Postman | Java | Python | Perl
Stakeholder Engagement | Resource Allocation | Tech Policy Development | Systems Design | Programs, Services & Products | Change Management | Process Improvements | Client Relationship Management | Cross-Functional Communications | Time Management | Consulting
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Sr. System Administrator Engineer
- Work with Cloud Foundry and New Relic to monitor oil and gas devices.
- Develop monitoring methods for micro-apps and alert appropriate on-call members.
- Create scripts using API’s to check endpoints statuses on intervals and handle “noise” to reduce false alerts.
- Respond to issues in less than 15 minutes, triage issues, determine legitimacy, and resolve or escalate, based on findings.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Enterprise Manager Sr. DBA Administrator
- Setup, configured and created reports for File Integrity Management to monitor for unauthorized OS level activity on Electronic Billing servers passing strict HIPAA security testing.
- Established monitoring for Exadata Cloud Service clusters in more than 20 data centers
- Developed a script to upgrade more than 1000 agents from 10g to 11g, with an 80% reduction in processing time.
- Discovered, monitored, managed and reported on WebLogic, Oracle HTTP Server, Clusters, Cluster databases, ASM, Oracle Transportation Management Cloud Service, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence Enterprise, Exadata racks using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Wrote automation script to read a JSON file and executing commands to discover targets for pods in the Oracle Public Cloud.
- Created documentation and trained support teams on cloud operations, including blackouts, retro blackouts, upgrading components, setting mass comments, and searching for incidents.
- Identify, prioritize and resolve monitoring issues (component, host, network, corruption, stagnant metrics)
- Wrote Bash and VBScript to monitor custom and third party targets.
- Developed reports showing target status, last upload, system time skew, and unauthorized activities.
- Used Oracle Application Testing Suite to execute transactions against web targets, simulating browser activity and report failures on pages that did not render correctly.
- Developed strategies to identify and provide detailed information on firewall and routing issues.
Sr. Support Engineer
- Developed strategy for addressing the 2007 Daylight Savings Time transition for all operating systems.
- Created documentation, trained front-line support teams and working closely with premier clients on DST 2007 issues.
- Created documents for inclusion in the Oracle Knowledge Base (DST 2007 transition instructions, PAM and LDAP configuration for EM Agent, and NTLM network protocol issues with EM Agent.
- Worked closely with developers to diagnose bugs and create patches.
- Provided subject matter expertise and guidance to clients for high performance in their environments.