To obtain a challenging career in information security consulting, position allowing use and expansion of my Information Security knowledge and/or development of new skills
Senior Forensic and Security Integration Engineer
- Was responsible for forecasting future labor requirements that would be necessary for future security initiatives.
- Also identified numerous future threat vectors to the financial industry.
- Investigated Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) identified which foreign actors were most likely to use military Cyber assets to attack the financial industry.
- Also reviewed the organization Minimum Security Baseline (MSB) to ensure it provided adequate protection from emerging cyber threat vectors.
- Coordinated with senior leadership in planning the roll out of Fire Eye and Netwitness appliances into the financial enterprise, I worked closely with Confidential Professional Service, Confidential, and data center personnel.
- In this position I had to rack and stack the equipment also change over the NIC cards to GBIX cards.
- Also had to utilize the build stick process and Re - IP the boxes while adding the appropriate hostnames.
- Worked with Confidential Professional services in integrating the DAC/DAE to work with the Netwitness/ Security Analytics appliances.
- Led system certification process for Netwitness and Fire Eye product lines.
- Also performed ISO/ NIST Security Audits of diverse environments and business sectors including Financial, Media and Government clients.
Senior Forensic and Security Engineer
- As an Action Officer in SAF, I worked closely with Senior Officials such as SES and General Officers at the Pentagon. In this capacity I acted as an advisor on issues confronting the Air Force that deal with Information Assurance, Biometrics, Counter Terrorism, Advanced Signal Systems, Joint Service policies, Cryptological Devices, Advanced Persistent Threat on NIPRNET / SIPRNET systems, and the Global War on Terrorism.
- In this position I am required to quickly react to issues and provide cogent responses and recommendations to the SES and General Officer Staff.
- This position requires that I act in the capacity as a SME using my past background in Forensics, Information Security, Audit and Intrusion detection. Additionally, I am required to provide representation for the Air Force at various Air Force and/or Joint meetings.
- Additionally, I conduct broad studies and perform a detailed technical analysis of intelligence IT assets.
- Provide authoritative advice in the areas of IA Strategies, IDS, perimeter security, Department of Defense Information Management, Strategic Planning.
- Development; implemented and managed the IT security infrastructure. Led initiatives that involved integration of the security appliances, assisted in creation of requirements generation and acquisition. Responsible for leading numerous teams in analysis, selection, and evaluation of security components and tools.
- Utilized Netwitness appliances flex parsers to identify pdf’s that may contain APT malware also used feed to create custom meta.
- Coordinated with SES and senior military ranks in progressing their initiatives. Develop initiatives and techniques for improvement of information security system practices, and automated reporting processes and systems.
- Was appointed Chief Technologist 01/2012 for KEYW SED Directorate. I am also the lead Forensic Analyst for the KEYW organization.
Senior Information Security Engineer
- Conducted broad studies and performed a detailed technical analysis of intelligence IT assets.
- Provided authoritative advice in the areas of IA Strategies, IDS, perimeter security, and DoD Information Management; Strategic Planning; develop/implement/ manage the IT security infrastructure.
- Guided the integration of the security appliances, assisted with requirements generation and acquisition.
- Was responsible for leading a team in analysis, selection, and evaluation of security components and tools.
- Coordinated with SES and senior military ranks in progressing their initiatives.
- Developed initiatives and techniques for improvement of information security system practices, and automated reporting processes and systems.
Information System Security Officer CIRT Team Leader (Project based Employment)
- Provided strategic oversight, responsibility and coordination of information security protection and security compliance efforts (Regulatory Compliance, Policy Development, Auditing & Monitoring, Site & Risk Assessment, Strategic Contingency Planning, Forensics Investigations, Acceptable Use Issues, Education & Awareness, Security Architecture Design) in a large scale, outsourced, highly regulated, multi-government and private industry environment.
- Ultimate responsibility for development and implementation of Information Protection & Outsourcing Governance policies and procedures for Information Security, including: evaluation, acquisition, configuration, auditing, analysis of system security auditing tools; security-related guidelines; security configuration standards to protect the Confidentiality; Integrity and Availability of the Federation network.
- Proven ability as a member of an executive management team and proven ability to communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Comprehensive understanding & knowledge of Regulatory Compliance in both Privacy & Security.
- Collaborated with the Chief Information Officer and Chief Privacy Officer in the protection of information assets, to include protection of assets under multiple standards.
- Worked with the CIO in pushing out his agenda and being his proxy in dealing with all security initiatives.
- Provided liaison work with all areas (e.g., Risk Management, Public Safety, Human Resources, etc.) where issues overlap with information security, and direction and oversight concerning risk management practices when associated with privacy issues and practices.
- Development & Oversight of global information security architecture that provides security functions to protect information assets against unauthorized disclosure, modification, and destruction coupled with information security program, management, and infrastructure to ensure that technology risks are identified and managed according to the risk culture of the enterprise.
Senior Forensic Analyst
- Performed numerous high visibility cases dealing with espionage, counterintelligence, and theft of government resources; particularly, theft of information assets.
- Utilized forensic tools such as Encase and iLook which are DHS forensic standard software.
- Provided forensic services to support DHS’s Internal Affairs and Law Enforcement Offices on a daily basis.
- Developed and modified objectives, work plans, guidelines, scope, analytical methods, staff requirements, and time schedules to meet project needs.
- Analyzed initial security forensic data to support allegations and recommended the extent of required investigative resources allocated to technical data recovery efforts; planned and organized report writing efforts for law enforcement offices for presentation to the US Attorney’s office and the Grand Jury.
- Generated case reports dealing with technical forensic information recovered from suspects.
- Interfaced with the high level DHS Executives in the strategic design process to revolutionize DHS’s chain-of-evidence handling procedures.
Operations Security Specialist
- Provided support in the planning, implementation, and deployment of network security services and policies.
- Evaluated network and host-based intrusion detection and protection solutions and I analyzed the network topology documentation to determine weak points and points of failure.
- Provided advanced technical support on network intrusion attempts while coordinating with other organizations, providing specialized insight in the review and analysis of data collected during official security assessments.
- Analyzed packet-level data streams for anomalies and characteristics of unauthorized invasion.
- Documented procedures, processes, technical specifications, implementation plans, and the configuration of daily tasks as necessary to assure continuation of operations.
- Reviewed intrusion detection events responding to alerts and other anomalies while instituting procedures to reduce the occurrence of false-positives.
- Provided technical support on matters relating to security implementation, standards compliance, vulnerability reduction, and strategic security planning.
- Coordinated with inter department organizations to implement security procedures, to include: monitoring systems, intrusion detection devices, and accreditation of new software, hardware or networks.
- Organized and coordinated a Computer Incident Response team.
- Conferred with management regarding the status of specific program or technical activities, problems, issues and conflicts.
Information Security Certification Agent / Risk Analyst
- Evaluated security controls on numerous Department of State mission critical applications.
- Ensured that the applications met and/or exceeded Department of State’s requirements.
- This included administration of the Enterprise Symantec Anti-Virus Server System Console which distributes virus definitions globally to all embassies and Department of State remote sites. Performed security guidance and ensured that appropriate security measures were in place.
- Performed all of the following: Penetration Testing, Risk Analysis, Certification and Accreditation, and Security Architecture Review.
- On numerous occasions, lead Certification and Accreditation duties using NIST Publications and Department of State Diplomatic Security Standards. Prepared audit reports, testimonies and briefings; and ensured effectiveness of presentation, adequacy of supporting data, and conformance with policies and standards.
- Duties also included: developing, presenting, and reviewing written audit reports that included planning the work, implementing procedures, and working with subordinates.
- Numerous cutting edge applications were utilized to provide robust reporting and enhanced System Test and Evaluation, such as ISS Security Suite, Cybercop Scanner, Encase, Saint, NMAP, Nessus, Satan, and for reporting Xacta.
Principal Cyber Warfare Engineer
- Evaluated security controls on a secret Department of Defense project.
- Ensured that the architecture for the project utilized best-of-breed security practices and that appropriate security measures were in place.
- Performed all of the following: Systems Wide Architecture Design, Penetration Testing, Risk Analysis, Security Appliance Integration, Computer Incident Response, Certification and Accreditation, and Security Architecture Review and Design.
- As well as, Computer Incident Response team leader, Information Security Forensics, Certification and Accreditation using DITSCAP.
- Primary forensic tools included Niksun's NetDetector, SilentRunner, and Sandstorm's NetIntercept.
- Xacta software was utilized to automate the certification and accreditation process.
Confidential Contractor- Information Security Engineer
- Provided systems wide architecture design, penetration testing, risk analysis, security appliance integration, computer incident response, certification and accreditation, and security architecture review and design services for various clients.
- This initiative required the integration of IDS solutions which included Real Secure security technology; firewall integration which included Checkpoint and Stonegate; and penetration tools which included Toneloc for a wardialer, Cybercop Scanner for a vulnerability assessment tool, and tripwire software to assure the integrity and security of servers and network devices.
Experienced Consultant / Information Security Engineer Consultant
- Prior to the Confidential Accenture rebranding effort: performed Information Security controls auditing for clients. Made recommendations to clients on how to improve their current security configurations. Consulted clients on proper configurations procedures, which led into penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and risk assessments.
- After the Confidential rebranding effort: led the eBusiness Directory team during the design phase of the project.
- Supervised the work of two client team members. Collected, analyzed, and documented the directory and security requirements.
- Drove the directory and security product selection process.
- Produced the high-level design project deliverables.
- Ensured the timely delivery of the directory operations and security plans.
- Oversaw the assessment of the client information security posture via penetration testing and risk assessment; upon completion, implemented Firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and proxy servers.
Senior System Security Engineer
- Provided data security for server farm clients and provided network security analysis for clients on web server configurations.
- Specialized in Internet, intranet security, and data encryption technologies.
- Taught Information Security basics to new employees and devised a training program pertaining to keeping information safe against external and internal intrusion.
- Taught Information Security basics to clients as a valuable added service and made recommendations to client on how to improve their current security configurations, prior to performing information security audits.
- Provided general data security and network security analysis for clients, as well as penetration testing and vulnerability assessments which were contained during the PDD63 audits for our clients.
Operational Systems Risk Manager / Consultant
- Provided data security analysis for clients to determine inappropriate use and/or criminal activity.
- Specialized in Client/Server Internet, Intranet security, and data encryption using Public Key Infrastructures "PKI.”
- Provided audit of data security to include, but not limited to: SNA, Proxy servers, NT servers, Novell servers, Hub utilization, router configuration, open data ports on workstations, and general network security functions in numerous client environments.
- Additionally, provided penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Provided SAS70 audits for clients and provided social engineering services.
System Security Consultant
- Was responsible for the design of the client’s network layout and network security settings.
- Researched communication problems in a client server environment. Setup guidelines on information security.
- In a classroom setting, instructed users how to tie application together for a more effective encrypted data transfer in a corporate production environment.
- Set up Ace Server and Secure ID for secure dial-in communication.
- Provided training on social engineering awareness and how to identify common threats.
- Was responsible for designing and integrating secure solutions for the web based environment.
- Led a field operations team that configured NT and Solaris workstations and servers.
- While on site, implemented numerous cutting edge perimeter defenses such as Checkpoint, Raptor, and Eagle.
- Implemented Secure ID for all of the network personnel.