- 21 Years of Industry Experience Acquiring; Team Leader Building Skills, Unmatched Customer Service, Desktop Support, Expertise in Enterprise Servers, Applications, Installation, Migrations, Documentation, Network Security, Maintenance and Administration of large financial Trading / Non - Trading / Healthcare Systems and Data CentersSkills: The White Glove MacGyver
- A meticulous approach to service excellence. Self-taught & cross-trained in multiple hands-on technology disciplines.
- Superior capacity of understanding new concepts and applying them correctly. Detail oriented, adapts to new concepts and situations quickly in a dynamic environment.
Hardware: IBM, Confidential Servers, Compaq Confidential Servers, Compaq Fiber Arrays, Apple Hardware, SMB Cisco, Symantec Enterprise Routers, Network and Direct Attached Storage, Storage Tek Tape Changer, Q47, SDLT / DLT / DSS4 / LTO4 NDMP Changers, Network Connectivity Tools, Rack Building, Keri Security Badge Access Systems, UPS & ATC Support, Security Video Systems, Punch Down Wiring, Clear Cube Back Racks, EMC / NetApp / XIOTech Sans, Electronic Circuitry Repair, CCURE / ELK / Napco Alarm Hardware Badge ID Setup, NetBotz Monitoring, Microwave Radio, I Can Perform Repair on almost anything electrical and mechanical.
Software: Windows Active Directory Services, Windows Enterprise & Datacenter Server, Send Mail Server, Exchange 5.5 2000 2003 2007 2010 , Hmail Server, Internet Information Server 4 5 6, SMTP Relay Server, MS Office Suite, Open Office Suite, Symantec Anti-virus Enterprise Server, Symantec Endpoint, Vontu, Symantec EVault, Symantec SMTP Gateway Server, Disk Keeper Enterprise Server, System Internals Utilities, Apache Tomcat, BEA Weblogic Server, Symantec Message Labs Spam Service, NSI Nic Teaming and Load Balancing, Intel Card Nic Teaming, EMC San, Proxy NAT Software, MS Terminal Server 4.0 2000 2003 , Routing and RAS DUN 128, DHCP, Veritas Storage Replicator, Veritas Storage Central, Veritas Backup Exec, NDMP for San Backups, MS Sql 7 2000 2005, MYSql 5, DFS 4.0 2000 2003 2008, WINS, DNS, Top Level Internet Registration and Record Setup, PHP ASP for IIS, PLESK Server Hosting, Lawson Insight, Corporate Focus, MS ISA Forefront, Websense Server, Business Objects, ADP Payroll, Interwoven Worksite Document Management System, Webroot Spy Sweeper Enterprise, VMware Server Software for Linux and Windows, VMware Virtual Center, VMware Esx, ISCSI Technology, Citrix Metaframe 1.8 and 4.0, 2 Node MS Clustering for File and Print Services, Remedy and PICCT Ticket Systems, Confidential PPM, MSMQ, SUS, WSUS, Shavlik Patch Server, Antigen for Exchange, Black Berry Enterprise Server, Mail Essentials for Exchange, Exchange Clustering and Snapshots, Pop3 and IMAP Web Server, Exchange OWA, Clear Cube Admin, Basic Powershell /VBS / WMI / MS Scripting debugging, Bloomberg, Investran, Finance, Medisoft, Sales Logix Server, Goldmine Heat Server, Bridge, Micros RES Point of Sale, Crystal Reports, Windows Media Streaming Server, MSI Creation for Active Directory, MS Server Scripting and Event Reporting, Automation Building, Rack Security Alarms, SIMS II Central Station Software Alarm Software Configurations, HVAC System Control, Environmental Monitoring.
O/S: Windows NT4/2K/03/08/12 Server Enterprise, Windows Server 64 and 32 Bit, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Windows 2000 Prof, Windows ME, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Windows 95/98, Mac O/S, MS Dos, Linux Ubuntu Server and Desktop, Linux SUSE, Linux RedHat, Apple IIC
SR Systems Engineer, New York
- Acted as the sr systems administrator, risk management & single point of contact for the entire 40 corporations involving 22 windows servers, 45 workstations and 40 point of sale stations to 450 internal employees with over 2 million customers
- Available for emergency rapid response on short notice. Involved in maintaining the day to day operational stability after midnight
- Sole responsible for 80 million dollar credit card transactions for brick & mortar and online ordering transactions
- Instantly generated a growing 5 million dollar yearly revenue by implementing a customized robust online ordering platform solution for all restaurants operated under corporate with a centralized ability to track and prevent credit card transaction fraud.
- Identified internal issues with using in-house staff for food delivery and outsourced to 3rd party Relay Delivery. Became the 1st client to send orders using Micros POS to Relay Delivery API. Redirected all online ordering to Relay Delivery front end API.
- Identified areas to cut costs and negotiated new contract terms; bank accounts, credit card processing, vendors & technology
- Operation liaison role managing vendor, financial, legal relationships
- Perform root cause analysis and communicated appropriately to corporate to provide solutions while acting as a break/fix engineer
- Installed and maintained public companywide DVR digital video recording surveillance infrastructure for to security officers
- Responsible for all court subpoenas and liaison with local law enforcement agencies as needed
- Observed music royalty rights abuse and immediately rolled out a companywide compliant music delivery system to each location
- Project planning, research, implementation and support for various needs including; fire suppression, fire alarm, solar pv systems
- Created proactive technology maintenance schedules to become proactive and to low profit loss due to downtimes
- Prepares sketches and/or made changes to mechanical drawings and specifications to incorporates changes for all NYC DOB
- Maintaining the confidentiality for all of the individual institutions information and systems through effective security policies
- Identified legacy high cost usage of basic banking needs and migrated to new enterprise banking platform with token cards
- Alerted to corporate about week basic vendor and employee check handling practices & rolled out positive pay for all 40 accounts
- Reviewed current week paper check printing and rolled out new customized water mark paper checks to prevent fraud
- Ensured compliance to PCI and audit requirements for enterprise banking and credit card handling
- Review daily survey feedback to improve ongoing support, company tools and customer service
- Daily support for project work MAC, moves add changes for both server and desktop and Micros POS services infrastructure
- Organized, customized and secured access to all Micros point of sale systems. Centralized all reporting needs
- Identified internal fraud and customized default Micros POS crystal reports to restrict revenue daily sales data to staff members
- Fresh build and deploy 6 central servers & configure a mirror copy disaster recovery, using customized build scripts for corporate
- Migrate and decom old legacy systems to new production environment involving; active directory, dhcp, dns, dfs, exchange, mysl, iis, sftp, symantec evault, subsonic, quick books, terminal server, tcp/ip small business routers, poe wifi, and application services
- Created customized scripts for data and exchange replication with automation keeping disaster recovery always ready for use
- Migrate a mixture of imap, pop smtp accounts to new exchange server 2010 with full dr replication
- Identified and created a customized anti-spam email workflow while still allowing emails to be allowed in. Analyzed smtp headers that were spam then rolled out Message Labs filtering and custom exchange transport rules to further route those to the junk folder
- Implemented Symantec Evault to capture emails prior its deployment and then flipped it to live journal capture afterwards
- Migrated all copper lines into cloud voip pbx solution for all locations with customized restaurant greeting and direct transfer dial
- Created hub spoke WAN topology for all remote locations linking back to the corporate office using small business Cisco routers
- Implemented 3G cellular backup devices for all locations to enable internet access if primary links failed
- Migrated all top level zones into one netsol account and created two internally managed public responding dns servers with low ttl
- Implemented internal monitoring tools and external mxtoolbox monitoring alerts as a means to assist from an outside point of view
- Migrated all low end broadband high latency internet connections to Microwave Radio Technology using Tower Stream as tier 1
- Identified and migrated all remote site restaurants desktop point of sale systems to Confidential enterprise class server hardware
- Created a low cost onsite spare parts repository by only purchasing same hardware ranging from all Cisco, Confidential and Confidential systems
- Installed APC ups, transfer switches in both production and disaster recovery setups
- Implemented Webroot secure anywhere enterprise for all client and server operating systems
- Removed all legacy 3rd party remote access software and implemented two factor authentication layer pos remote access process
- Removed all legacy WAP access points and implemented new policy requiring mac address with password authentication access
- Scripted out all public free WAP access points to stop broadcasting its ssid beacon during restaurant closed hours
- Removed all low level voltage power supplies and implemented POE injectors with POE stepdown converters to all devices
- Joined all standalone Mac Operating Systems to login and sync its data to Windows Domain
- Migrated external hosted website to internal hosted server and project managed a new improved front end customer interaction
- Implemented company truck route gps fleet tracking
- Provided white glove at home services to the immediate owing operating family
SR Systems Engineer, New York, New York
- Created build scripts for new short term servers
- Identify all server platform O/S that are joined to Confidential and shutdown all unapproved non corporate servers
- Review current Vmware luns and moved servers between carvings to allow for short term growth, created global event alerts for low space and client alerts for Virtual Center notifications
- Identify Active Directory replication failures and cleaned up cost site links
- Organized Active Directory OUs and classified workstations by address location. Query Confidential and moved known approved application servers to newly created OUs
- Provided reverse engineer of current installed healthcare installed applications and was able to redeploy to new users without prior knowledge of front and backend setups
- Reconfigure entire Exchange Backup Exec Jobs and upgrade software to prevent return monthly tapes from being overwritten by daily jobs. Yearly jobs was set to never overwrite thus preventing loss of data if changer ran out of scratched media
- Supported Exchange smart hosts and Vontu smart hosts to ensure proper mail traffic routes out to Borderware appliance
- Assist with Westchester hospitals migration, linked both domains together, assigned access to required OUs, hosts and Exchange database storage groups then configured internal mail flow between the two exchange systems for mailbox moves
- Reviewed any system that was out of compliance and raised concerns to upper management. This included the finding of mailbox forwarding to outside domains.
- Migrated from BorderWare spam filtering to 3rd party Symantec Message Labs hosting with content filtering. Configured ssl certificate on Exchange to support TLS inbound connections.
- Configured all DCs to use eventid triggers for well known Active Directory Events such as 5807 Warning to inform us of unapproved subnets reaching our resources during our migration process to Westchester
- Reconfigured Symantec EVault Mail Journaling to address the delay in storage of emails to NTFS Vault
- Implemented new Global Groups that had a direct relationship to new share requests
- Assisted and was responsible for the power planning pdu layout for primary datacenter move to offsite colo. Readjusted all external internal dns and smtp outbound inbound pointing to new ip subnet
- Reviewed all IIS Certs on Exchange and combined OWA and Exchange into one cert to save money on renewal
- Provide Level 3 support to local and remote helpdesk for all of corporate and remote hospital sites
Systems Support Engineer, New York, New York
- Developed co-worker relationship as being the “go to guy” for system related issues and questions
- Responsible for providing a high level of one on one service support for any of the local partner/s who work out of the Manhattan city offices. All tasks were treated with urgent care and no request was either to be seen as too small or too big.
- Created and deployed eventtriggers for all Confidential servers to send out alerts for Dhcp Scope errors, Dns errors, Frs Replication errors and Confidential Security events such as machines on the network from invalid subnets or who are still joined to the domain after the fact that the workstation account was deleted.
- Created scripted menu driven system for new user creations including, groups, Confidential account, contact card, exchange account and auto population of required Confidential fields. Used powershell for mailbox management for exchange 2007
- Scripted out full automation of Exchange and Confidential creations for two company migrations. Since their was not immediate WAN links between the new acquired companies we had to make every effort to allow users from both sides communicate effectively including finding each other using the Blackberry public address book. I fully developed extraction scripts that dumped the required email address, samid, first last name and so-forth then reversed the variables and automated Confidential account and Exchange 2003/07 mailbox creations that linked to contact cards. The company field in Confidential was also adjusted so that address lookup on the Blackberry responded with the correct name when searching for more then one alike last name.
- Supported the NJ, NY and LI Data rooms including cleanup, re-wire, re-rack and system inventory
- Responded to Non-Partners such as employee PC issues.
- Created custom in-house application called “ServerInfo” that was managed via a front end ASP webpage driven by Sql 2005 Database. Created a custom MSI package that Active Directory would install when the server/s joined the Global Servers Active Directory OU. These WMI, VBS and Windows Host Scripts would self extract and run on each server every 3 hours to report its status and configuration to the Sql Database. This provided a common portal for all Network System Engineers to access at the same time instead of using a manual managed Excel Sheet.
- Scripted several security audits using Active Directory that searched for unauthorized server on the network and sent an email daily if any were found. Security measures were also taken to generate a list of users who close out of the login scripts.
- Migrated two Data Rooms from Backup 10 and 12 to Backup 12.5. All jobs were configured via its resource name and setup third party Tape Label Manufacture to provide us bar coded labels while setting a site code standard. Several months after recommended for an upgrade to ndmp dual tape librarys running off one centralized BackupExec Vm Server.
- Fully deployed WSUS3 Parent and downstream server via gpo and wsus target groups for Workstations, Servers for Production, Development and Staging.
- Created and documented company security standards for newly build window servers
- Created custom secedit.sdb database for newly built servers and Auto Build Script. Lowed the time from building a server by hand in VM from 3 hours to 35 minutes while adhering all company security policies
- Provided system wide Visio recommendations to improve and address Network and Confidential points of failure. Such ideas included creating stand by Blackberry Servers with Sql Scripted Database replication that will link to core exchange connector servers located in the DR location with 2nd MX Pointers for exchange
- Evaluated current exchange cluster that was connected to san using iscsi and drafted proposal to improve its configuration to best practices that will help address the current exchange slowness and outages.
- Reconfigured most of all applications and anything hardcoded to A records to use Cnames to allow for quick recovery of application recovery.
- Deployed IPSwitch MoveIt Dmz and Central Server for new file transfer for the company to allow their clients to upload and download data via drag and drop by using a web browser. The data then automatically transferred
- Fully deployed Symantec Endpoint parent and downstream replication servers. Created an ldap sync against Confidential, created server and workstation policies that auto inherited by OU membership.
- Created and presented a change control process for all Technology to follow to help improve peer to peer and group communication while leveraging the new ability to track system changes company wide.
- Created IIS security standards for all web boxes to utilize a more secured ntfs structure and application pools. Created script and packaged it into an msi. Once daily all IIS servers will auto create a backup of its configuration.
- Created and Implemented new Active Directory OU structure that addressed Servers, Desktops, Users, System Accounts, Security Service Accounts and Global Group to be easily searchable.
- Created Weekly Reporting that searched new Confidential OU structure that provided information of newly created users, groups and operating systems. Daily reporting was set to dump all CN names of all groups and mail dl lists.
- Created scripted company migration of new users and distribution lists
- Responsible for office to office moves that included the PC, Network, Phone and all non technical items such as; plants, books, wall paintings, personal desk displayed items and/or desk cleanup
- Quickly established multiple Partners in Charge personal tech relationships. As more conversations started to establish it became apparent that I was more then just a technical resource within the company. I started to get involved in personal at home questions such as, what hardware is too to purchase, what is the best way to wire a new media room, questions of home network setups, son/daughter gaming systems, personal alarm system how2s, how can I do this better and so on…
- Created document templates for all depts to follow when documenting new installs and/or run books.
- Recommended that all IT Passwords and Security Accounts be managed by a centralized password encrypted database. This would allow for Managers to grant only NTLM Access to passwords to teams who need to those that relate to their dept and not others.
- Combined and improved multiple citrix and user netlogon scripts into one global script that was driven by group membership.
- Configured and Documented VM Esx Server to allow for lower cost of IT Operations. This resulted in lower required cooling, watts per hour and physical office space for the needed servers.
- Provided project plan for company migration to utilize MS DFS Service. Created NTFS standard for NET APP and EMC Sans then rolled out new dfs structure for the users. Scripted out users .pst file migrations to move to another backed storage while re-editing the outlook paths via vbs script.
- Created Global Group naming standard, Share and NTFS standard for all San and Confidential Shares.
SR Server and Application Support & Project Analyst, New York, New York
- Level 3 Administration of the Confidential Network Windows Applications Servers for Investment Banking. These systems includes production, staging, development and proof of concept servers
- Became well known as the go to person for all operational questions as well as personal home non-business related questions. After several months working directly with the users it became quickly known that I was the go to guy who went above and beyond to make the users happy.
- It was quickly realized that no news is good news. As issues were found and resolved, measures that I have created and system changes were noticed by other teams and users in the company. If one fix worked for one user was researched to see if anyone else was maybe suffering from the same problem. This created a proactive helpdesk and technical support staff that instead called the users even before they realized that anything was even wrong with the Network or PC.
- Creation and modification of domain scripts. These include user login scripts. Such scripts also have been enforced with using active directory group policies. Organized the OU for all Servers roles.
- Creation and modification of domain service scripts. These include server event logging, windows service monitoring, server house keeping and automation scripts to maintain servers
- Created SQL database and server msi gpo installed client for all of Investment Banking Confidential Servers. This allowed for each server in the OU to be tracked via an asp web site. Each server preformed a self evaluation of its status and reported its results to the sql database
- Implemented projects to replace legacy unsupported hardware with virtual machines using VMware running on Linux Operating System. WSus server for VMware windows servers. Supported VMware host servers and implemented VMware Virtual Center Monitoring
- Migrated old legacy windows servers into VMware hosted sessions. This either included importing windows servers and/or migrating applications into newly installed operating systems
- Assisted in the migration of Citrix 1.8 farm to 4.0. Tested and documented all applications install and configuration requirements. Supported Terminal Server platform operations and application security
- Created and supported automation of IIS infrastructure and print services load balancing
- Supported and rolled out finance server applications and Investment Banking Confidential servers. Prepared new and revised old documentation of all applications and procedures.
- Provided project management from planning system configurations, application support, purchase orders, server documentation, application life time support runbook, server and application level 3 support to all lines of business
- Provided on-call after hours support for production issues and application roll outs. Responsible for local hands on support for any user and central cto technical group that needed any level 3 support. This also was the case for functions that was outside the scope of my daily function
- Overall daily tasks range from the following, level 3 production windows and active directory supported, windows server technical support for the application developer teams, working directly with various centralized corporate support teams, reviewed and created system reporting, created window server and application documentation, prepared new application business cases, project planning, creating and revisiting procedure tasks, preformed security compliance checks, testing new in-house applications, vendor roll out installations, ms clustering for file / web services, managed external vendor partnerships, provide internal support for all external applications purchased, managed and reviewed all data backups, provided off shore citrix terminal support and daily house keeping of operating systems.
SR Server Systems Administrator, New York, New York
- Level 3 Administration and support for the Confidential for Trading / Non-Trading datacenters.
- Provided escalated level 3 support to 20 trading floor users who required a high degree of rapid and keys to the kingdom access
- Started a trend that techs viewed valuable, to go and make the effort to please the users.
- Administration totaling 110,000 users across an 8 man Confidential team supporting 500+ Confidential servers in a large scale multi-datacenter enterprise active directory domain. Implemented projects to replace legacy NT4 production servers and roll out of active directory member and domain servers. Involved in many application migrations and supported exchange 5.5 administration
- Established, enforced and reviewed all corporate Confidential procedures including data storage guidelines and application installs for the north east America region. Defined new applications procedures. Ran security compliance checks and reporting of Confidential servers, maintained domain logon scripts for north America users, created and maintained automated domain and server scripts
- Tested and installed newly in-house and vendor purchased applications while managing vendor partnerships. Involved in creation and execution of DR plans with application configuration of data replication from production to disaster recovery servers
- Developed and implemented project planning to provide required architecture and system configurations for all lines of business. Created and maintained server documentation.
- North America regional support for local trading and non trading that included the following such as, domain issues, ms clustering for file print web services, terminal server systems and application configurations, sms, payroll cluster systems, sql database support, sus, local vendor provided software, backup exec systems, dr replications for data such as www file print and sql
- Implemented and enforced data quota limits and local regional backup exec data recovery operations
- Provided direct local onsite north east support for trading & non-trading level 3 helpdesk, Confidential issues, web development, sql databases, system data merges from regional buy outs, take overs, managed all north east backup and file recovery operations.
- Gained large multi hardware experience of Confidential and Confidential Servers including quarterly review of hardware and operating system state for replacement if needed.
- Acted as North East Americas Datacenter Support. This includes responding to server hardware, network equipment, hvac support, proving vendor access, responding to datacenter monitoring alarms from Canada, MA, CT, NYC, NJ & PA at a moment’s notice
- Responsible for 24-7 on call pager for Capital Markets Corporate Investment Banking issues that included working with the helpdesk level 3 and trading floor level 3 staff to assist problem tickets
- Team player who readily adapts to company changes in a large organization that include interpretation of communication from all lines of business to corporate team leads.
- Team leader for the North East Confidential Region. I was always seen as the go to person for anything from all local teams and members of my group for answers and best company practice procedures for daily and urgent system critical outages.