- When developing a new hardware design, I program the system using assembler, C++, node.js enough to test the hardware. I can set up an Azure or Google cloud platform. I am not looking for a full time software role. I am not a full stack developer.
- Twenty plus years of embedded microprocessor based controls development, from prototype to production quantities. Have managed electronic hardware and software builds. Fundamental understanding of Internet of Things technical and community ecosystem; working knowledge of disruptive technical and design patterns. Participated in 40 hours of IoT, M2M, sensors webinars hosted by IEEE, Harvard Business Review, Design News, Digikey and Ayla Networks. Member IEEE IoT Society. Member of four Silicon Valley IoT Meetup groups.
- Strong background in sensors and electro - mechanical actuators.
- Experienced in prototype design of IoT nodes using ARM325 processors.
- Possess customer engagement skills, can translate user requirements into technical specifications.
- Cross functional team skills with manufacturing, sales, engineering and marketing representatives. Lead cross function meetings for highest end Lexmark product.
- Have managed out sourcing with vendors, contract manufacturers to produce quality, on time deliveries.
- Can meet regulatory requirements of NEC (NFPA part 70), California Title 24, ASHRAE 90.1, UL, and CSA agencies including in-house and certified lab testing for approval.
Languages: HTML, IBM-370 and microprocessor assembly, pseudo code, prototype control BASIC.
Applications: MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Primavera, Vessel Dynamic Positioning (L-3), Rockwell RsLogix, Lucid Chart(Visio clone), Autodesk Eagle PCB.
Hardware: Intel, Motorola, Renasas (Hitachi), PIC microprocessors. Rockwell RsLogix 5000 PLC’s, IoT nodes with ARM Cortex M-3 core, Particle Photon(Arduino clone).
Busses: NEMA, RS232, SPI, I2C, Maxim/Dallas One Wire®.
Confidential, San Francisco, California
Hardware Solutions Architect
- Consultant to put IoT functionality into interior design of hospitality spaces.
- Designed modular power system for patented interior wall design to meet NEC, ASHRAE, and CA Title 24 compliance.
- Designed IoT gateway with sensors to measure interior environments of commercial spaces.
- Set up Google Cloud solution for gateway and web functionality, used HTML, Node.js, and C++.
- Supervised PCB engineer and cloud programmer.
- Took a variety of courses in current technology including cloud computing, data storage and management, IoT capabilities.
Confidential, Bakersfield, California
- Contractor for Chevron Exploration. Lead commissioning engineer in $30M program to monitor greenhouse gases.
- Ran Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) on PLC instrumentation platforms in construction facilities and configuration/performance tests in field installations across the San Joaquin Valley.
- Connected platforms to Chevron’s Confidential IT network. Used RsLogix, Active Factory software.
- Extensive experience with vendor management.
Senior Electrical Engineer.
- In these contract engineering positions I held positions of test, design, support, systems, component engineer.
- Supervised electrical engineers.
- Micro-controller board management.
- Design, testing, vendor selection of embedded controllers for appliances, printers, freezers and other consumer products.
- Clients include: Lexmark(high end printers),GE(appliances), DETEX(security), Electrolux(commercial freezers), Clearone Communications(high quality conferencing, teleconferencing equipment), Confidential (OEM commercial laundry equipment), SCANA(statewide trunked radio system). Additional Details listed below.
- Full product life cycle development: experienced in design, component selection, prototype testing, production runs.
- Oversaw EMC compliance (UL, CSA, and FCC) and environmental (HALT) testing.
- Conducted white and black box testing.
- Ran cross functional team meetings.
- Systems level engineering- Designed user interfaces (GUI); specified wiring, connectors and harnesses.
- Clients include: